Page 262 of 744 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 11160
    Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think you can make an arguement that critically and commercially Cooglers BP film has already surpassed Nolans. What more does Coogler need to do?
    Direct Avengers 5

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think you can make an arguement that critically and commercially Cooglers BP film has already surpassed Nolans. What more does Coogler need to do?
    I want the consensus..

He's ahead of where Nolan was with Batman Begins (great film, but I like Black Panther a bit better)

I want Black Panther (2) universally recognized as the GOAT comic book movie. I want it getting TDK love in these comicbook streets.

Right now its like pulling teeth to get MCU fans to admit its top 3 or 5.....MCU film.

I really assumed Black Panther would get the love that Logan gets.

Everyone on this press line is asking Chadwick Boseman about #BlackPanther2, and he’s like, “I’m dead! I disintegrated! I was snapped!Why are you even asking me about this??”
    https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status...51374743621632

Smh lol. He better at least get a nice scene or two in Endgame.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I want the consensus..

He's ahead of where Nolan was with Batman Begins (great film, but I like Black Panther a bit better)

I want Black Panther (2) universally recognized as the GOAT comic book movie. I want it getting TDK love in these comicbook streets.

Right now its like pulling teeth to get MCU fans to admit its top 3 or 5.....MCU film.

You want a consensus.

From fandom. Any fandom.

Dude, where can I get what you're smoking?

I want the consensus..

What metric?

Box office?
    Cinemascore?
    Rotten Tomatoes percentage?
    Rotten Tomatoes rating?
    Top Critics rating?
    Metacritic?
    Awards nominations?
    Award wins?
    Oscars?

I mean.... lol

He's black. It is never going to happen lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I want the consensus..

I think PLENTY of marvel fans would argue that Black Panther was better than Logan. Though certainly some might argue Logan or Winter Soldier was better, and that's understanable too. I think it's harder for a marvel fan to get consensus over this sort of stuff than a DC fan because quite honestly I think with the marvel films there's simply more competition.

You'll NEVER get the consensus that TDK got because the MCU wasn't in full swing at the time. If TDK came out today, it wouldn't get the recognition it got at the time. It would still be considered a great super hero movie and still be a part of that conversation, but the bar is much higher now.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I love this thread. And all of you guys and gals. I come here to learn, not just about Black Panther, but about the culture. No joke. No sarcasm. Full sincerity here. Thank you all for being you all.
    Its always chill in here, so kick back and enjoy yourself!

Meh, most black people view Coogler's Black Panther the same way most white people view Nolan's The Dark Knight. *shrug*

So to consider Nolan as "the man" that Coogler has to surpass is incredibly and inherently flawed logic when most black people wouldn't recognize TDK as the best comic book movie they've ever seen.

This isn't sports where Coogler can just cross up Nolan and dunk on him and youre forced to give him the trophy. MCU BP already did that in every measurable metric. Everything else is subjective and cultural. TDK was that for American white boys. BP was that for black boys and black girls.

There is no trophy or glory in pursuing "universal" white acceptance. Greater international glory maybe, bc that's measurable by foreign box office, which is the only thing left to improve upon.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What metric?

Box office?
    Cinemascore?
    Rotten Tomatoes percentage?
    Rotten Tomatoes rating?
    Top Critics rating?
    Metacritic?
    Awards nominations?
    Award wins?
    Oscars?

I mean.... lol

He's black. It is never going to happen lol
    From that aspect, he gets the love from black people. And clearly white, hispanic, women, etc take a liking to him too since they all pay to see him. Whether that's because they want to root for him or against him like Mayweather or Lebron, they still paying.

TDK benefited from an era where all heroes were wof one demographic so it was easy to say it was the best this or that based on the praise of that same specific demographic. We're approaching an era of inclusion where that **** will become much more subjective, so then you better look at the other objective metrics. Metrics that black panther is currently reigning king of
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

I want the consensus..

The concensus is already in and BP is better. Numbers don't lie. Who cares about fandom? We are a minority. The general pop holds more weight and they have already made Tchalla the GOAT. So why try and get fandom, who can't agree on anything really, especially that another hero is better then their favorite, to admit Tchalla is the GOAT? Your going to frustrate yourself for no reason. Tchalla already has all the bragging rights.

When anyone complains, just say " hey point me to the Batman, super man, spider, x men, *insert whatever super hero* movie that hit 700 mil domestic, an achievement only two other movies have accomplished in domesticate history? I'll wait"

Boom problem solved

Again I love this place cause its where I find Black Panther love...

elsewhere and I get "overrated, politics, Good/maybe top 5 or 7 in the MCU blah blah blah"

Every metric posted and again its like pulling teeth for people in other forums, social media, comic outlets to consider it top 5 MCU.

Its like winning the championship and people complaining that it was rigged or incredibly lucky. Glad we got the chip, but sick of the noise.

So next year (next film) I want them to blow out all the competition and shut em all up.

*And again I know in terms of metrics it already did (destroying the comp). I'm saying Im hoping the film itself is clear to all that its a juggernaut*
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-02-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Back to the important stuff.

Lupita Lupita Lupita....damn

Incredible Member

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status...51374743621632

Smh lol. He better at least get a nice scene or two in Endgame.
    Rumor is he does thats all im going to say.

he's only in the film for 5 minutes
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he's only in the film for 5 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Rumor is he does thats all im going to say.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html