Page 443 of 744 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd absolutely agree there should be a Wakandan presence. And Bucky is the White Wolf, so he's already got strong ties to Wakanda anyways. It's possible Wakanda could be the ones sending Bucky after him... though honestly I'd almost be hard pressed to understand why T'Challa himself wouldn't go. But still, it might be cool if Nakia or Shuri or Okoye show up too.
    Something just occurred to me. WandaVision is supposedly leading into DS:ItMoM.

What if Winter/Falcon is somehow leading into BP2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You proved my point. Cap and Thor Needed other heroes to show up in their movies. Key word HEROES, ones who on comics have their own identity and are their own heroes. You know why widow showed up and not Sharon? Because widow had more draw then Sharon. Agent 13 had a very weak presence in Caps movies. He needed heroes. Same with Thor, his supporting cast was so weak and bloated, half of them just disappeared going from Thor 2-3 and the other half? Killed in Rag, and guess what? Just like Thor, no one even cared. He needed hulk and valk AND Loki to have an impact. And no, they couldn't use beta Ray bill or any other cosmic character Because they needed a draw for people to see the movie. If your going to your 3rd movie with a completely brand new cast it would of fallen on rough times. Theresa reason only 1 new supporting cast member was actually new (valk) and that was because they could luckily use established hulk and Loki. And even then the movie relied heavily on the Buddy cop angle with Thor and Loki/hulk. So let's not pretend that it would of been totally cool to just use any ole character.

Also BPs cast aren't heroes. M'Baku was a villain but is a hero in the MCU. Shuri and Okoye? Are more Support then heroes on their own, yet they made a huge impact in their debuts alone.

Also you gotta actually read what I said as I said "Also tell me what other heroes had an out of franchise villain show up in their movie as the main antagonist? I'll wait"

Just so there isn't any confusion or twisting of words, I know that's a commonly used tactic among some.
    Marvel movies at this point are draws regardless of if heroes cross over or not. Heck, the second Spider-Man move actually did better than the first without the Iron Man cross over. Marvel doesn't do cross overs because they're needed... the MCU has basically made marvel itself a brand name to the point where the movies even heroes who aren't well known do just fine without the better known characters to prop them up. Guardians for example were fine with no big name heroes crossing over, and pretty much no one knew who these guys were before the movie.

I think you just have trouble wrapping your head around the notion that a lot of the people making these super hero movies like the idea of playing with the other toys in the sandbox. That's the point of a shared universe... you can use other heroes. That's frankly part of the fun.

As far as me telling what other heroes had an out of franchise villain show up in their movie as the main antagonist... not many. Ant-Man and Wasp used Ghost, which is an Iron Man rogue. Guardians of the Galaxy used Ronin and Ego, who aren't really rogues Guardians rogues though they have interacted. In the least BP has fought Namor and Doom more times than the Guardians have fought Ronin and Ego. So it's not common, but it's not unheard of. We'll see what Cooglers does. I'll say again, I'm sure it'll be fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So would the new Marvel Trinity be Black Panther, Iron Man, and Spider-Man (Peter Parker), in terms of prominence and popularity?
    So much for Captain Marvel being the face of the MCU going forward if this is true. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So much for Captain Marvel being the face of the MCU going forward if this is true. Lol.
    Given then nature of her character, I think she almost has to be more the Thor than say the Iron Man. She's only called when it's a big emergency. She's their big gun, and she'll show up for the BIG stuff. But she's probably too busy dealing with every little thing that happens to occur.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Nice to see T'Challa up front and center like he deserves, he is fast gaining the notoriety he deserves since Priest and Hudlin revamped and shot him into the spotlight.

I like this. Though I can't see W'kabi bringing klaue back as he was branded and it would be weird for him to revive the very person he was ready to go kill with T'Challa in BP 1. I could see him forming a death cult to revive Erik though. Maybe the location they are at, if they tried to revive Erik maybe they also unintentionally rezzed Klaw too but then the issue is it cheapens Erin's death. I'd be okay with Klaw coming back though and I think serkis deserves more.

W'kabi needs a heroic death though. M'Baku already took his place and no.1 homeboy
    M'Baku may feel some type of way about T'Challa not bringing Zemo to justice (assuming he's still free)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Save Namor for another story(and for FF). We still have:

Madam Slay
    Zanda
    Achebe
    Kiber

They could even intro the Secret Empire.
    They might need to change Madam Slay's name to something else or give her an original name because the name is just downright cheesy.

I can't imagine Chadwick saying this with a straight face lol.

The Queen speaks on Wakanda to help with that "Outreach" tourism thing she has planned...

Get Hectic!

hmm
    RUMOR: Giancarlo Esposito is Up For a Major Marvel Studios Role
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/04/rum...-studios-role/

Great suggestion...
    Andrew Yule

@n_droo_yu_el
    Follow Follow @n_droo_yu_el
    More
    Replying to @ManaByte
    A Thanos-Like 3-Phase overarching role as Mephisto.

https://twitter.com/n_droo_yu_el

Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-04-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Marvel movies at this point are draws regardless of if heroes cross over or not. Heck, the second Spider-Man move actually did better than the first without the Iron Man cross over. Marvel doesn't do cross overs because they're needed... the MCU has basically made marvel itself a brand name to the point where the movies even heroes who aren't well known do just fine without the better known characters to prop them up. Guardians for example were fine with no big name heroes crossing over, and pretty much no one knew who these guys were before the movie.

I think you just have trouble wrapping your head around the notion that a lot of the people making these super hero movies like the idea of playing with the other toys in the sandbox. That's the point of a shared universe... you can use other heroes. That's frankly part of the fun.

As far as me telling what other heroes had an out of franchise villain show up in their movie as the main antagonist... not many. Ant-Man and Wasp used Ghost, which is an Iron Man rogue. Guardians of the Galaxy used Ronin and Ego, who aren't really rogues Guardians rogues though they have interacted. In the least BP has fought Namor and Doom more times than the Guardians have fought Ronin and Ego. So it's not common, but it's not unheard of. We'll see what Cooglers does. I'll say again, I'm sure it'll be fine either way.
    Yes Marvel movie's draw. But theres a difference between doing say, Ant-Man numbers, homecoming numbers, and Black panther numbers.

So me saying BP doesn't need outside heroes or villains showing up in his sequels because of his rich and full cast and rogues available while also stating why other heroes needed it = not being able to wrap my head around the idea of playing with other toys on the sandbox.. Gotcha. Sweet bast reading is hard.

I think some that post here need to wrap their head around the notion that just because it's a shared universe, doesn't mean that every hero needs to share that space with other heroes, especially when their cast is already full and would end up taking away from the in franchise characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    M'Baku may feel some type of way about T'Challa not bringing Zemo to justice (assuming he's still free)
    M'Baku gives zero ishts about that plus he already addressed that in BP 1 at warrior falls

M'Baku gives zero ishts about that plus he already addressed that in BP 1 at warrior falls
    Them staying "bros" should only be for so long. M'Baku should eventually have beef with T'Challa. If Zemo is free in the Winter Soldier show then yea thats a bad look on Wakanda/T'Challa. He doesn't have to be the villain in the 2nd movie, but we should see some more friction.

Them staying "bros" should only be for so long. M'Baku should eventually have beef with T'Challa. If Zemo is free in the Winter Soldier show then yea thats a bad look on Wakanda/T'Challa. He doesn't have to be the villain in the 2nd movie, but we should see some more friction.
    Why? Tchalla doesn't have any homies. Why does he have to have beef with his only male friends?

Yes Marvel movie's draw. But theres a difference between doing say, Ant-Man numbers, homecoming numbers, and Black panther numbers.

So me saying BP doesn't need outside heroes or villains showing up in his sequels because of his rich and full cast and rogues available while also stating why other heroes needed it = not being able to wrap my head around the idea of playing with other toys on the sandbox.. Gotcha. Sweet bast reading is hard.

I think some that post here need to wrap their head around the notion that just because it's a shared universe, doesn't mean that every hero needs to share that space with other heroes, especially when their cast is already full and would end up taking away from the in franchise characters.

I agree not every hero needs to share that space with other heroes. Again, I've already said like 4-5 times that neither BP nor any of the other heroes NEED other heroes, and I'll say it again if you missed it again. It's not an issue of need. Coogler will use other heroes or villains if he feels like it. And if he doesn't, he won't. It's that simple.

He's already said in the past he wanted to use Kraven at one point... his exact quote was "Being a marvel fan, you want to grab all the characters..." He of course may feel differently now and decide not to use other characters. And that's perfectly fine too. But the point being it's not an issue of need for BP or anyone else... it's simply a matter of whether or not the people involved choose to. As marvel is a shared sandbox, it gives them that option. Some take it and some don't, and it's fine either way.

I do think we should have differing idealogies in Wakanda... that's one of the strengths of a lot of the stories in the comics. Villains are better when they operate under a idealogy of some sort apart from simply wanting to sit on T'Challa's throne. Killmonger, M'Baku and T'CHalla in the comics all have very differing views, and that adds a lot of dept to their conflict.

If M'Baku doesn't represent a different idealogy for Wakanda, hopefully we get a villain that does. It made Killmonger a much more interesting character.

Why? Tchalla doesn't have any homies. Why does he have to have beef with his only male friends?
    Certain people, feel some kind of way when two black men are on the screen together at the same time, shoulder to shoulder, on the same side, as opposed to being against each other. That's why BP IMO will always be flanked by women (his sister and Okoye). Which is fine, the more black women that get to shine the better, but the one black male at a time thing also has to go.

This is why I don't get why W'kabi has to either turn fully heel or die to "redeem" himself. He wanted his father's killer brought to justice, his friend didn't do it (and wouldn't tell him why for some reason) while this outsider did. People apparently don't see clearly when it comes to the circumstances of their father's murder (see T'challa himself as well as Tony in Civil War). All this ignored because, well, it just feels right to see a black dude die for a greater cause or redeeming himself doesn't it?

If W'kabi and M'baku is out of the question for various reasons...I'd suggest Casper Cole. Hire Jordan Calloway, voila. If people feel some sort of way about how the comic Casper Cole is portrayed I'd humbly remind them the MOVIE version can be cooler under Coogler. Hashtag two black men at a time.
    #twoblackmenatatime