Page 116 of 744 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What about in Priest story? He completely prepped for the fight same as Tony?
    That? That was freakin' awesome, requires no meaningful asterisks and was a perfectly logical extension of Panther's abilities and the mythos of both Iron Man and Panther.

It was the perfect demonstration of why T'Challa is bad ass.

Whipping out someone else's signature weapon? Taken from a chump who only existed to give said weapon to T'Challa in the first place?

Not so much.

It doesn't count against him, mind but IMO it's not demonstrative of his abilities as a whole. It's just him swinging a magic weapon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd say figuring how how to stop the Phoenix more than balances out getting slapped in the face.
    I'd say that causing the Phoenix Force to split and then empower 4-5 individual living WMD's hardly qualifies as an achievement.

Marvel is currently offering 5 Black Panther books as free digital downloads with the promo code Forever to celebrate Black History Month. I went back a few pages but didn't see it posted so I figured I'd throw it out there.

I just got through Black Panther #1 and enjoyed the book. Well paced and the hero that is given the name T'Challa at the end of the book is a one man wrecking crew whose fighting style is close enough to the real T'Challa that it made me wonder if they were one and the same. It may be a dumb question, but are they?

Regardless, it was a pretty sweet issue.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...-of-wakanda-1/

Amazing Member

Can anyone explain to me where the events of the Intergalactic empire of wakanda fit in continuity? I just don't get how BP can head avengers and be in deep space.

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Can anyone explain to me where the events of the Intergalactic empire of wakanda fit in continuity? I just don't get how BP can head avengers and be in deep space.
    T'Challa has spent years in space, which obviously can't happen if he's being used in other books. So something is going on her. Either there's a time travel element or what's happening isn't real.

That's easy… it can't. The only book that acknowledges it at all is Shuri, and nobody is acknowledging that, either.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I do wish other books would acknowledge it just because it has to fit in somewhere. When it started, it was at least ambiguous whether this was T'Challa, but the Shuri book put that to rest. I don't know if Shuri acknowledged the rest of continuity at all to give any clues.

Since there's clear time travel involved, it doesn't have to take up a lengthy period of time and it could have either been before this incarnation of the Avengers or still hasn't happened yet.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Marvel is currently offering 5 Black Panther books as free digital downloads with the promo code Forever to celebrate Black History Month. I went back a few pages but didn't see it posted so I figured I'd throw it out there.

I just got through Black Panther #1 and enjoyed the book. Well paced and the hero that is given the name T'Challa at the end of the book is a one man wrecking crew whose fighting style is close enough to the real T'Challa that it made me wonder if they were one and the same. It may be a dumb question, but are they?

Regardless, it was a pretty sweet issue.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...-of-wakanda-1/
    Shuri book confirmed tchalla and eden went through a worm hole and disappeared, so yes, it is our tchalla.

Good question lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I do wish other books would acknowledge it just because it has to fit in somewhere. When it started, it was at least ambiguous whether this was T'Challa, but the Shuri book put that to rest. I don't know if Shuri acknowledged the rest of continuity at all to give any clues.

Since there's clear time travel involved, it doesn't have to take up a lengthy period of time and it could have either been before this incarnation of the Avengers or still hasn't happened yet.
    Next issue of Shuri has Tony Stark in it, so maybe that will help with timeline.

Only other way to guess now is if something weird is going on in the GoG books bc groot and rocket were in the third issue.

TBH though, nnedi doesn't strike me as someone thar would care about continuuty or "in the know" enough to fit it somewhere.

So we will prolly hafta wait til the last issue or marvel will rely on fans fitting it in... again
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Shuri's book gave a few clues. It mentions him and Eden going into space to find their gods. So we don't know exactly the when but we know the why.

Storm is involved in the Shuri story, so this takes place before the Xmen die. Iron Man showing up in the next issue of Shuri will probably tell us where things line up from the Avenger side of things, though I would guess itd before he at least leads the team if they aren't lioking for him. More likely before the team is even formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    That's easy… it can't. The only book that acknowledges it at all is Shuri, and nobody is acknowledging that, either.
    The fact that it literally can't dit into the other books was a big clue though. He has been in space for years, which obviously isn't possible. So either time travel is involved or he's trapped in the Matrix where time moves differently.

Or it's not him. Maybe they are all Skrulls.

Or it's not him. Maybe they are all Skrulls.
    Though I don't think that's necessarily the case here, I do probably think we should probably start getting on Skrull watch. The fact that the Skrulls are showing up in the Captain Marvel movie probably implies that they're going to set up some sort of skrull story down the line in the comics (and probably the MCU post Endgame).

If they REALLY wanted to create movie synergy with M'Baku (something I personally am not a HUGE fan of), they could say the villainous M'Baku was a skrull the entire time, and the reason he kept coming back to life was they simply replaced him with another skrull.

Chance's are, all of Coates run takes place, most likely before the time jump from SW II up till the events of SE.

The problem is that Coates never bothered to acknowledge anything else going on with the greater MU to the point where stuff directly happens to Wakanda and it gets ignored. So one can only assume it's before and not after. But who knows. This could a be an else world because we all know that BP vs do MK 20 and Avengers are showing the real T'Challa

Shuri has a book out?
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

It's like Marvel told Coates to go play with his lego set over there while they have guys put in some real work with BP in the 616 timeline. Avengers and BPvDP feel like the actual main BP books, while intergalactic empire feels like an after thought elseworld's tale. It's honestly why BP has been so enjoyable these past 4-5 months. Coates and Storm have been mitigated and the focus via other writers have been on making BP and Okoye bad ass. It's lit. like BP's solar flare
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13