Page 633 of 744 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 11160
  1. #9481
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm gonna argue that there was no real good reason why Bucky would have killed T'Chaka, even though there was evidence to suggest it.

    The only thing the world knew about Wakanda was that it was an isolationist, Third-world country that had lost all of its tiny amount of Vibranium after it was stolen by Klaue and used up by Ultron. As far as the world was concerned, Wakanda was a backwards banana republic that didn't know what to do with the strongest metal on Earth, still operating under a monarchy, were arrogant enough to refuse aid and was inaccessible. T'Chaka was just beginning to crack the isolationist policy by sending Wakandan scientists to Lagos and supporting the Sokovia Accords. He wasn't important by any means. He wasn't vital in getting the Accords passed.

    Why would anyone want to kill him?

    Let us consider how the intelligence community should have handled this (keeping in mind Natasha had released SHIELD's files to the public). If Bucky was indeed the culprit, why would he want to kill T'Chaka? If he was acting as a lone wolf, why would he do it? He had no known history with Wakanda. If he was acting under Hydra, why would they do it? They knew nothing of Wakanda, nor was it a threat. The only reason Hydra would have wanted T'Chaka dead is if they knew what Wakanda possessed and if they saw that as a threat. We know they didn't (because nobody found out after the files were leaked).
    Err, all of this is predicated on an assumptions, which has no real support..

    First and foremost, that Zemo/Bucky's attack was intended/seen as one against Wakanda. There's nothing to suggest that. If T'Chaka was standing anywhere else, he likely would have been fine. The bomb was detonated because it was found.

    If anything, it should have been seen as an attack on the Avengers. Give that the Avengers dismantled Hydra, seeing the Winter Soldier as responsible (there was video evidence, remember?) wouldn't be such a stretch. Some might not believe in mind control, or think he's still being run by someone else, or simply became evil after working with Hydra for decades.

    Remembr, Widow did release a bunch of files, but as Zemo said, most were encrypted. He only had the vaguest idea that Bucky killed Stark's parents, remember?

  2. #9482
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My dude, where do I start with responding to this post of yours?

    Okay, now here's the thing, as brother Ezyo and myself have already pointed out, the BP thread has been totally devoid of animosity towards females in general and black females in particular, dating back to the very first BP Appreciation thread.

    No one who's spent time over the years posting in BP appreciation threads herein, has ever exhibited any kind of disrespect towards female characters within the BP mythos, so I can't for the life of me understand why you seem to be on some sort of crusade to champion respect for sisters in here as if it's something brand new.

    What does TI or whatever shenanigans that occur within the HipHop wor,d got to do with T'Challa as King of Wakanda in particular or the BP mythos in general?

    And to make matters worse, please tell me that you weren't attempting to paint Candace Owens as being some kind of shrinking violet damsel in distress being menaced by big, bad TI?

    Candace Owen's, one of the biggest trolls in the known universe?

    Really?

    Let's just stick to debating BP here and leave all these unnecessary detours where they belong.

    My point regarding T'Challa having the genius level intellect of his character stripped away or downplayed for the sole purpose of splicing same onto Shuri to supposedly give her more prominence within the movie, stands solid and immovable for the simple fact that as I pointed out previously, no other MCU character has been nerfed in a similar manner.

    I'm not sure what aspect of this fact, you're finding hard to comprehend.

    And after almost said and done, T'Challa still remains milquetoast under Coates pen.
    My bro, we may disagree about the BP movie but no doubt, the BP thread has been supporting strong women for as long as we've been posting.

    I don't think T'Challa was chumped in the movie and I do agree there should have been more tech attributes given to him. Fair enough. But that didn't take away from me seeing T'Challa use his tactical abilities to take down Killmonger when Shuri's own tech was failing her.

    I wish we still had access to the BP thread prior to the reboot. There was real talk across all kinds of topic and it got heated, even among bros. Same thing when Coates came. Some thought his isht was great and others saw the frak-fest that was sure to come.

    I'll say this, for those that like Coates BP, great for you, seriously. But for me his BP is garbage. He's screwing T'Challa to push some frakked up agenda.

  3. #9483
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Avengers: Endgame Cut a Black Panther Fight Scene From the Finale



    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...ne-cut-finale/

    I feel that we were robbed of something that could've been great.
    Remember this was all before Black Panther movie was released.

    Question would be how finished was that sequence that it could have been added and what would have had to be taken out?


    Also people overlook what Coogler did with Okoye/W'Kabi/Killmonger.

    Killmonger kills his girlfriend in order to carry out his plans for Wakanda.
    Okoye willing to kill her husband FOR Wakanda (yet there is still some restraint because she was raised in a place of love)
    W'Kabi traumatized by his parents death just like Killmonger. Yet, it was the image of black men and women destroying each other that made him put down his weapon.
    The movie is called BLACK PANTHER not Killmonger or Okoye or W'Kabi.

    To have an all female bodyguard and strike force speaks VOLUMES of respect to Black Women versus that those ladies were suppose to be used for.

    The WOMEN defend the King and kingdom. How does that look to other countries where women are NOT respected?


    I agree with the tech thing that there needs to be a highlight of it. My solution is actually very simple. If he doesn't have time to be in the lab creating tech then play on the scene between him and Shuri from the first movie.

    T'Challa: "Shuri, I made some upgrades and added some additional features to the habit. I'm uploading the schematics to your kimoyo beads now."
    Shuri: "Upgrades? Additional features?? The habit works perfectly though.
    T'Challa: "How many times do I have to teach you that just because something works doesn't mean it cannot be improved?"
    Shuri: "Hey hey, don't you use my saying against me. I taught that to you!

    Enter more banter between the two. But it's a very simple solution. It showcases T'Challas genius without having to have him in the lab. Or that same scene could take place in her lab with T'Challa working in it himself. Either way I think it would be ba fun call back and running joke between them with them playfully trying to outdo each other
    It's those little details that folks want to ignore. Those details that help build up a character.

  4. #9484
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, hell yes! You beat me to it. I thought this was criminal think of how this could have displayed just how good Panther is to battle and defeat above his punching weight class. Simultaneously it sets T'challa up as the new central figure of the next phase, while feeding the growing hype around him. Seriously I loved the movie but there was so much chew in it that didn't even need to be included, and they made a decision to leave THIS out?? Just makes one question why is the first impulse to diminish an alpha black Male character. I say this even though Panther's portal entry scene gave me goosebumps, what better way to follow it up with him getting his own fight scene. Narrative wise it would have made sense just due to getting payback for invading his country first.
    Yeah I could of done without some of the stuff in there.
    l could think of several scenes that could of been cut to allow T'Challa that fight.

  5. #9485
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember this was all before Black Panther movie was released.

    Question would be how finished was that sequence that it could have been added and what would have had to be taken out?




    The movie is called BLACK PANTHER not Killmonger or Okoye or W'Kabi.

    To have an all female bodyguard and strike force speaks VOLUMES of respect to Black Women versus that those ladies were suppose to be used for.

    The WOMEN defend the King and kingdom. How does that look to other countries where women are NOT respected?




    It's those little details that folks want to ignore. Those details that help build up a character.
    It's like I said on the other page, T'Challas solo had the best, most organic relationships between the characters and T'Chadwick wore each hat like a master. Watching the other superhero movies the characters tend to talk to every Character the same, cracking jokes, sarcasm, etc. Regardless of if it's a stranger or someone they grew up with. Abd that's not how people talk to each other. You talk differently with your mother then you would your wife or gf, or best friend you've known your entire life. And you definitely talk differently to someone you don't like. Your not cracking jokes 24/7.

    T'Challa and Shuris interactions we're so well done and organic you would think they were actually brother and sister. Thats how I would joke with my siblings.
    But getting to my point really that is a super easy way to highlight T'Challas genius without taking anything away from Shuri. Again he makes the schematic Changes to the habit and she creates them. Both are now shown as super geniuses, nobody is short changed, everyone wins

  6. #9486
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My dude, where do I start with responding to this post of yours?

    Okay, now here's the thing, as brother Ezyo and myself have already pointed out, the BP thread has been totally devoid of animosity towards females in general and black females in particular, dating back to the very first BP Appreciation thread.

    No one who's spent time over the years posting in BP appreciation threads herein, has ever exhibited any kind of disrespect towards female characters within the BP mythos, so I can't for the life of me understand why you seem to be on some sort of crusade to champion respect for sisters in here as if it's something brand new.

    What does TI or whatever shenanigans that occur within the HipHop wor,d got to do with T'Challa as King of Wakanda in particular or the BP mythos in general?

    And to make matters worse, please tell me that you weren't attempting to paint Candace Owens as being some kind of shrinking violet damsel in distress being menaced by big, bad TI?

    Candace Owen's, one of the biggest trolls in the known universe?

    Really?

    Let's just stick to debating BP here and leave all these unnecessary detours where they belong.

    My point regarding T'Challa having the genius level intellect of his character stripped away or downplayed for the sole purpose of splicing same onto Shuri to supposedly give her more prominence within the movie, stands solid and immovable for the simple fact that as I pointed out previously, no other MCU character has been nerfed in a similar manner.

    I'm not sure what aspect of this fact, you're finding hard to comprehend.

    And after almost said and done, T'Challa still remains milquetoast under Coates pen.
    Well, if you paid closer attention you'd realize that I drew the parallels that I did for a reason. I referenced this specific situation because of the people involved. You, Cville and Ezyo1000 all gleaned from a previous post of mine that black women are infallible and black men are all flawed human beings. (Note that the three of you pulled that from somewhere the sun doesn't shine.) No one could accuse Candance Owens of being flawless. Nevertheless, she deserves respect even if you don't agree with her. I never claimed that she was under attack from the big, bad T.I. I never even implied that she needed saving from the big, strong Killer Mike. She clearly held her own, but that's not the point. What I'm saying is, he had to tell T.I. that many of her talking points are actually valid. Not only are they valid, but many are actually lifted and distorted versions of messages passed on from Minister Farrakhan. I highlighted just how many men claim to uplift black women until it no longer suits them. T.I. is one of those men because Candace was "on some bullshit" until the Killer Mike spoke eloquently and explained why she made sense.

    I then tied all of this back to T'Challa and the type of man that I see in him. That happened. There wasn't any strying from the topic at hand because I linked it to T'Challa's portrayal both in his comic and his movie. The parallels are there. I see them and I pointed them out. There is no crusade to to paint black men as the eternal enemy of black women. We're in this together. There no need for competition. There is a need for compassion, forgiveness and a willingness to hear one another out. There has to be nuance to black love, but many don't get that. The post you responded to said as much. T'Challa the man understands this. And instead of seeking to better understand the black people we disagree with, many of would rather hold one another accountable for circumstances outside our collective control. Nothing I've said would imply that black men and women cannot get along.

    To bring the topic full circle, it stands to reason that if Wakanda was ever to be fully realized there would need to be a conversation of this magnitude. If you aren't one that fathoms the possibility of it actually happening for black children in the MU in much the same way Krakoa is for mutant children, then I guess I am alone on my meaningless detour that would appear to encompass all black people. I understand if your idea of T'Challa and his Wakanda don't quite lend themselves to my version. That actually makes sense given our vastly different approaches black life, love and acceptance.

  7. #9487
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Well, if you paid closer attention you'd realize that I drew the parallels that I did for a reason. I referenced this specific situation because of the people involved. You, Cville and Ezyo1000 all gleaned from a previous post of mine that black women are infallible and black men are all flawed human beings. (Note that the three of you pulled that from somewhere the sun doesn't shine.) No one could accuse Candance Owens of being flawless. Nevertheless, she deserves respect even if you don't agree with her. I never claimed that she was under attack from the big, bad T.I. I never even implied that she needed saving from the big, strong Killer Mike. She clearly held her own, but that's not the point. What I'm saying is, he had to tell T.I. that many of her talking points are actually valid. Not only are they valid, but many are actually lifted and distorted versions of messages passed on from Minister Farrakhan. I highlighted just how many men claim to uplift black women until it no longer suits them. T.I. is one of those men because Candace was "on some bullshit" until the Killer Mike spoke eloquently and explained why she made sense.

    I then tied all of this back to T'Challa and the type of man that I see in him. That happened. There wasn't any strying from the topic at hand because I linked it to T'Challa's portrayal both in his comic and his movie. The parallels are there. I see them and I pointed them out. There is no crusade to to paint black men as the eternal enemy of black women. We're in this together. There no need for competition. There is a need for compassion, forgiveness and a willingness to hear one another out. There has to be nuance to black love, but many don't get that. The post you responded to said as much. T'Challa the man understands this. And instead of seeking to better understand the black people we disagree with, many of would rather hold one another accountable for circumstances outside our collective control. Nothing I've said would imply that black men and women cannot get along.

    To bring the topic full circle, it stands to reason that if Wakanda was ever to be fully realized there would need to be a conversation of this magnitude. If you aren't one that fathoms the possibility of it actually happening for black children in the MU in much the same way Krakoa is for mutant children, then I guess I am alone on my meaningless detour that would appear to encompass all black people. I understand if your idea of T'Challa and his Wakanda don't quite lend themselves to my version. That actually makes sense given our vastly different approaches black life, love and acceptance.

    See here's the problem right here. Your putting words in peoples mouths then responding that we pulled it out our asses

    Here's the part you Said


    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    First we have Bast, the great goddess and the most divine female form and clear proof the god is a black woman. Okoye and the Dora’s are the warrior essence and the teeth of Wakanda. Shuri was Wakanda’s innovative spiritual essence. And Nakia represents the warmth, the heart and the nurturing side of Wakanda. T’Challa the imperfect man and impeccable king is made richer for the wealth of women in his life and the sense of community he possesses.
    here were the responses to that

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Bast is an "it" not a she.

    Why did you build up the women, but call Tchalla the imperfect man. As if the women had no flaws
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm glad someone else noted this.

    I was beginning to think that I was imagining things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah that part seemed weird, like a subtle dig at T'Challa. I mean as Maj said from day one thr BP mythos has treated women as equals to men. This isn't new MCU isht. This is day one BP isht that showed why BP has always been ahead of it's time
    Notice how none of us said that women are infallible and men are all flawed as highlighted in bold. It was a simple question and one that gets asked alot from both sides when. It comes to Black men and black women. You are literally building up the women then taking a dig at T'Challa the man. That type of attitude needs to stop from both sides. People need to stop building up black men by putting down women and stop building up Black women by putting down men. That's what we we're getting at. No one was even mentioning Candace Owens or saying she was flawless. None of us even said the women in BP were flawless either. Cville said why did you word it that way as if that were the case

    Until people can have discussions and actually respond to what people actually said and not imputing words into their mouths that are used against them then this isn't going to go very far
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-08-2019 at 05:17 AM.

  8. #9488
    Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You're absolutely free to question my use of "we" in regards to accepting, appreciating and/or revering the black women in your life. I admire every single black man that does so. There's more to that story tho. And it's also the reason I emphasize community the way I do. This next part doesn't exactly apply to you, but given the turn of the discussion, it's worth mentioning. There's a reason I reference modern day hip hop the way I do as well.

    I consider Hip Hop modern day mentralsy. From the rampant use of "kill these niggas", "bitches ain't shit" or "pop a pill culture" there's very little regard for the black women some of these men (not all) try and pursue. There's even less regard for the women that are deemed unattractive. I say it all to say that many claim to have regard for black women until she has an opinion. The minute some black women start voicing opinions that don't quite fall in line with whatever man feels entitled to their loyalty, then the words against said black woman turns hostile. For this next part of our discussion, a closer examination of the rapper known as T.I. offers up the perfect segway.

    He claims to be part of the new wave of old school rappers. He's a married man with a black family, raising black children. There's no taking that away from him. He's raising black sons and black daughters. I can only assume he loves them unconditionally. I honestly believe he respects and reveres the black women in his life. He just recently was under fire for suggesting that he accompanies his daughter to the gynecologist to make sure she's still a virgin. I cannot speak to his real motivations. His wording is what's problematic. The implications behind his statement could be taken completely the wrong way, but have no way of knowing his relationship with his daughter. No way. What I do know is that his words came across possessive of her virginity in a way that was NOT applied to his sons.

    It's important that I stress just how much I don't know his relationship with his two daughters or his wife, mother or sister. However, I'm well aware of his relationship and interactions with miss Candace Owens. In case you are unaware as to what interactions I'm specifically referencing, I'm talking about the revolt summit. That's where T.I. got up on stage, showed his ass and highlighted just how much respect he feels black women that disagree with actually deserve. This supposed meeting of black minds across the spectrum was designed to show differing opinions in the black community, but its main purpose was to find a way to take a little piece of everyone and apply it in a way that benefits OUR majority.

    I'm not one that easily falls for negative stereotypes and/or white supremacist propaganda when it comes to the black family. The revolt summit wasn't meant for any of that. It was supposed to be for US, by US and speaking directly to US. No one tricked or bamboozled T.I. into behaving the way he did. He had no shortage of ignorant people in the audience cheering and applauding his behavior. The real kicker is Killer Mike had to shut him and the ignorant asses in the audience. Only through Killer Mike's beautiful retort were we able to get a greater sense of clarity on why many of the things Candace says have merit. She frequently regurgitates talking points from the great Minister Farrakhan, but most hip hop heads and fans of T.I. wouldn't know that. Candace wasn't completely sure. Killer Mike had to enlighten her as well. She herself was unaware of the connections he was ready to highlight. He did so with respect tho, T.I. absolutely did not.

    The point I was making in reference to T'Challa's interpersonal relationships with the women in his life is that he's most notably NOT that. He's more of a Killer Mike type of black man. Both in the movie and his current solo, THAT is the type of man that I see. Hopefully that better explains what I'm talking about.

    Whatever your point was about T'Challa losing certain qualities just because Shuri is shown to rival him, I'm sure I still don't understand it. I'm a firm believer that men and women that behave in the manner I described towards other black people that disagree with them don't actually champion black people the way they believe themselves to. I personally couldn't be happier that my idea of T'Challa falls much more in line with his current comic and movie portrayals.

    No it was not.


    https://www.revoltsummit.com/sponsors

    Who the major sponsor backs when it suits their interests:


    https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/top...076&cycle=2020

  9. #9489
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm gonna argue that there was no real good reason why Bucky would have killed T'Chaka, even though there was evidence to suggest it.

    The only thing the world knew about Wakanda was that it was an isolationist, Third-world country that had lost all of its tiny amount of Vibranium after it was stolen by Klaue and used up by Ultron. As far as the world was concerned, Wakanda was a backwards banana republic that didn't know what to do with the strongest metal on Earth, still operating under a monarchy, were arrogant enough to refuse aid and was inaccessible. T'Chaka was just beginning to crack the isolationist policy by sending Wakandan scientists to Lagos and supporting the Sokovia Accords. He wasn't important by any means. He wasn't vital in getting the Accords passed.

    Why would anyone want to kill him?

    Let us consider how the intelligence community should have handled this (keeping in mind Natasha had released SHIELD's files to the public). If Bucky was indeed the culprit, why would he want to kill T'Chaka? If he was acting as a lone wolf, why would he do it? He had no known history with Wakanda. If he was acting under Hydra, why would they do it? They knew nothing of Wakanda, nor was it a threat. The only reason Hydra would have wanted T'Chaka dead is if they knew what Wakanda possessed and if they saw that as a threat. We know they didn't (because nobody found out after the files were leaked).

    There should have been doubt of motive. If the world intelligence community wasn't going to see that, then Wakanda should have. T'Challa should have, but he doesn't because the movie needed him to be angry. Which is fine, but I'm not going to act like that's how T'Challa acts in the comics. And I'm not going to act like the Russos or Markus and McFeely somehow get the character better than Coogler when at every opportunity they have had to present him as one of the smartest individuals in his universe, they have failed to do so again and again. I think T'Challa is a very well written character in both films (as I pride well written characters over comic book accurate characters), but if we're going to argue about which was more T'Challa or which was a better character, I'm seriously going to disagree with the answer being the one from Civil War. The only things I'd praise regarding the character in that are Chadwick's performance (which doesn't get enough praise for how nuanced it has been throughout) and how his fighting style was invented.

    You want to talk about being accurate, where the hell were his enhanced senses in that film? Bucky literally vanished from him during their second fight when T'Challa should have been able to track him. Where was his advanced technology? If he was attempting to kill one of the most feared assassins in the world he should have been prepared. Where was his deductive reasoning? He only found out Zemo killed T'Chaka because he followed Iron Man to Serbia with the intention of killing Bucky (again).

    Regarding Zemo, T'Chaka and 11 others were killed, but going with the film's dialogue he seemed to be the most important figure (as he was the intended target). He should have been given to Wakanda at the end of the film if T'Challa wasn't going to kill him. This probably didn't happen because the Russos nor Feige had any plans to turn Zemo into a Black Panther villain. And why should they, really? "He killed my father because he wanted the world's premier superhero team to fight each other!" is a pretty weak gripe to have with a villain from a storytelling perspective, and I'd argue such a disrespectful crime should be punished by death. And even if that's what Zemo wanted, I'd argue he would have wanted to die by his own hands.

    But my larger point is that the MCU did not prepare for T'Challa's arrival properly. Too many things were taken away from his mythos. Klaue was his arch nemesis, but by taken away how he lost his arm and changing who killed T'Chaka and when, he's merely an annoyance. Which is why I think Coogler killed him off because he had been severely neutered by other writers. You would think given how many complain about how writers have been handling the mythos in comics lately more people would see this. Yet I seem to be the only one that does.

    Which is why I can say that as an MCU fan the ending of the Infinity Saga is bittersweet, but as a BP fan I'm glad it's over. Because now, T'Challa can actually lead this universe, rather than follow, play second fiddle to others and make-do with what has been thrown his way.



    I don't think the bolded is the way to think about this (though I understand it of course). The idea should always be thinking about what would make T'Challa a great character, not what can be used to one-up salty haters.

    Regarding the first question, I've always asserted T'Challa is a warrior above everything else. It is the idea that he is a warrior that should frame every other facet of his being. Everything he has been taught has been applied to making him Wakanda's best warrior (and as a result, their chosen king because it is determined through combat). Yes, T'Challa is often more liberal than past BPs because he genuinely believes he can help make the world a better place, but he understands that there will always be threats and those with nefarious intentions. Thus he has to make that balance which leads to conflict.

    Therefore T'Challa uses and understands how advanced technology works to be a better warrior and protector of Wakanda. He does not use it to compensate for what he may lack as a fighter (because he lacks almost nothing), as a thinker (because he's that smart) or as a leader. He uses it to complement his abilities instead.

    I mean ask yourself, why is that T'Challa as an inventor hasn't stuck or gone anywhere significant, but him as an outsmarter, an excellent strategist, tactician and fighter has?





    And cosign is all I have to say. Lol.
    T'Challa going after Bucky is a revenge story... that's a big part of the narrative. There are parallels with Zemo, T'Challa and Stark... and those parallels are ultimately what led to T'Challa making the decision he did at the end of the movie.

    Was he justified in going after Bucky? Of course. Was he justified in trying to kill Bucky? No, and even T'Challa at the end of the movie obviously realized that. But was it understandable given the situation? Yeah, and I don't think he can entirely be faulted for that. The guys father just got murdered. Anyone in that situation might feel the same way. He wasn't completely rational at that moment, but really no one would be in his shoes.

    As far as why Zemo wasn't turned over to Wakanda at the end of the film... this was an attack on the UN. It wasn't on Wakandan soil, and it's fair to assume it wasn't just Wakandans who were killed or injured. So this isn't strictly speaking purely a crime against Wakanda. It's pretty believable that this might be handled by some sort of international court rather than handing him over to a small african nation the rest of the world at this point don't really know anything about. Of course Wakanda NOW would have a lot more leverage... but at the time it wasn't the case.

  10. #9490
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My bro, we may disagree about the BP movie but no doubt, the BP thread has been supporting strong women for as long as we've been posting.

    I don't think T'Challa was chumped in the movie and I do agree there should have been more tech attributes given to him. Fair enough. But that didn't take away from me seeing T'Challa use his tactical abilities to take down Killmonger when Shuri's own tech was failing her.

    I wish we still had access to the BP thread prior to the reboot. There was real talk across all kinds of topic and it got heated, even among bros. Same thing when Coates came. Some thought his isht was great and others saw the frak-fest that was sure to come.

    I'll say this, for those that like Coates BP, great for you, seriously. But for me his BP is garbage. He's screwing T'Challa to push some frakked up agenda.
    My bro, losing access to previous BP Appreciation threads, remains one of this forums biggest L's.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  11. #9491
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Speaking of whatsherface...


    Since Black Panther is a politically driven intellectual property it needs a true follow up to what Killmonger did!


    With that said I give you...


    Candace Owens as Princess Zanda...





    It could be done in the same manner as J.K. Simmons as James Jonah Jameson's Alex Jones parody!


    Imagine Black Panther getting trolled relentlessly by Princes Zanda who has the platform to go in on him whenever and however she chooses no matter what he does and he can't touch her!


    For instance how many Wakandan citizens are far right or far left politically and how does that affect the inner workings of what goes on inside those hallowed walls!


    As far as fans go many people sided with Killmonger/N'jobobobobobo's views depending upon their own black militant and/or black activist ideology so this is not a real stretch!


    King T'challa... Princess Shuri... General Okoye... Queen Nakia... Lord M'baku... all have their own agenda even if they are loyal to Wakanda and what they think it should stand for in their own eyes!


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsNlFVB28zA


    Can Candace Owens do an African accent???


    Killmonger: "Burn it all!!!"
    Get Hectic!

  12. #9492
    Fantastic Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Boseman comments about Scorsese

    “I have to respect his opinion because he’s a genius at what he does. At the same time you’ve got to think about when he’s saying it,” said Boseman. “He’s saying it when he’s possibly campaigning for an award.”

    He continued, “He’s saying it at a time when he’s making a Netflix movie, so that’s how eyes get on his film and it’s not going to be in the cinemas. It’s not going to be seen the best way. So, he is speaking to the time period. He is speaking also to his advantage…I did the first, you know, the superhero movie that was nominated for a [Best Picture] Oscar. I’m secure in that.”
    https://twitter.com/filmpartyy/statu...66734220464129

    But for his second argument, Boseman brings up the fact that “Black Panther” had a lot of the qualifications that Scorsese has been using for real cinema. It’s just that the filmmaker isn’t the target audience.

    “The mystery that Scorsese is talking about, it’s in ‘Black Panther.’ And I think he funny thing about it is if he saw ‘Black Panther,’ he didn’t get that. He didn’t get that there was this feeling of being unsure. There was this feeling of not knowing what was gonna happy that Black people feel. Cause we never had a superhero like this before.

    He added, “We thought that they, you know, white people will kill us off. So it’s a possibility that we could be gone. So we felt that angst, we felt that thing that you would feel from cinema when we watched it. Maybe Scorsese didn’t get that when he watched it. That’s cultural. Maybe it’s generational. I don’t know, but I’m secure in what we did, you know?”

  13. #9493
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Speaking of whatsherface...


    Since Black Panther is a politically driven intellectual property it needs a true follow up to what Killmonger did!


    With that said I give you...


    Candace Owens as Princess Zanda...





    It could be done in the same manner as J.K. Simmons as James Jonah Jameson's Alex Jones parody!


    Imagine Black Panther getting trolled relentlessly by Princes Zanda who has the platform to go in on him whenever and however she chooses no matter what he does and he can't touch her!


    For instance how many Wakandan citizens are far right or far left politically and how does that affect the inner workings of what goes on inside those hallowed walls!


    As far as fans go many people sided with Killmonger/N'jobobobobobo's views depending upon their own black militant and/or black activist ideology so this is not a real stretch!


    King T'challa... Princess Shuri... General Okoye... Queen Nakia... Lord M'baku... all have their own agenda even if they are loyal to Wakanda and what they think it should stand for in their own eyes!


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsNlFVB28zA


    Can Candace Owens do an African accent???


    Killmonger: "Burn it all!!!"
    Some wrong info in there but she is entertaining

  14. #9494
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Boseman comments about Scorsese
    Chadwick insightfully was walking around a point that Scorsese really needs to consider. Just how many black male, or female, Hispanic or even Asian lead movies has he even done. You want to rip these movies....? Well I see a company in Marvel that has the balls to pull the trigger on putting non white male characters in the spotlight. He gets zero clicks from me. Winter soldier was a solid movie to the extent that you the costumes out, it still stands as great storytelling.

  15. #9495
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Wakanda.

    The war room.

    Shuri: "Thanks for coming."

    Okoye: "You really need to see this."

    T'challa: "Start the video."

    A digital screen comes to life.

    Zanda: "Good morning Africa here we are again with another episode of The Princess Zanda Live podcast... Today's topic Was Erik Stevens Right. We will be taking callers shortly as we cover everybody's favorite redheaded stepchild Wakanda. According to inside sources Erik Stevens a descendant of royal blood won the throne of Wakanda in a fair ritual combat contest only to mysteriously have his rightful place as Wakanda's ruler taken from him in a great big bowl of hypocrisy. Apparently Wakanda's long standing stance on "outsiders" is alive and well. Also... Their immigration policy is all types of fraud as the Mad Titan Thanos himself was granted a recent visit and allowed to snap half of all life in existence out on their very sovereign soil. I mean... Avengers and Bucky barnes are welcome but your dark skinned neighbors are not... Gee King T'challa the apple has not fallen too far from the tree full of deceased Black Panthers in the afterlife huh."

    T'challa: "Hmmm... How does she know about our Ancestral Plane?"

    Okoye: "That's all you got form that?"

    Shuri: "And you are still going out on a date with her?"

    T'challa: "Think of it it more like a romantic interrogation... I need to know what she knows by getting close to her."

    Okoye: "Your Poker face is incredible I hope it doesn't get you stabbed in the back."

    T'challa: "Make sure that her ship lands safely and arrange a Dora escort to dinner general."

    Okoye: "Wakanda For... Whatever!"

    Shuri: "I can see all types of international implications happening here especially when Nakia finds out."

    T'challa: "Initiate Three's Company protocol and keep her busy on the other side of Wakanda."

    Shuri: "Sure thing Jack Tripper... But you do know that all the episodes end up badly right!"


    Get Hectic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •