Page 679 of 744 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 11160
  1. #10171
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I need someone to confirm that this is fake




    I don't usually trust or watch this guys videos even more but my stupid youtube algorithm keeps putting his videos in my feed
    The article is real. He doesn't want to do TV. Check out his experience with All My Children. And his reasons for getting fired from that show is a plus that Coates' WK won't make an appearance.

  2. #10172
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I need someone to confirm that this is fake

    It's true, but I'm willing to bet the video's interpretation is wrong (not going to bother watching it). This is what Chadwick actually said, after asking who he'd want to co-star with on a Disney+ show:

    I wouldn’t because I don’t want to do a TV show. I wouldn’t choose one so I can’t answer that. I have a whole list of things that I’m excited about and none of those are franchises.
    Here's the actual video:

    Last edited by DigiCom; 11-30-2019 at 04:46 PM.

  3. #10173
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You are both assuming the editors actually DO anything. Frankly, I've felt like the inmates have been running the asylum at Marvel for years.

    Hell, look at Man-Ape. Coates had a plot-line based on the Jabari being led by M'baku's kid brother after his death... except M'Baku had already been seen alive in another book before the run had even started. Took me FIVE seconds on Wikipedia. But nobody at Marvel bothered to check.

    Or Thunderball... running with the Wrecking Crew in one story, held as a prisoner in Wakanda in another.

    I'm not sure what editors even DO at Marvel anymore.
    You've pretty much summed it all up.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  4. #10174
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The article is real. He doesn't want to do TV. Check out his experience with All My Children. And his reasons for getting fired from that show is a plus that Coates' WK won't make an appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's true, but I'm willing to bet the video's interpretation is wrong (not going to bother watching it). This is what Chadwick actually said, after asking who he'd want to co-star with on a Disney+ show:



    Here's the actual video:

    okay I see. Thanks you two
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  5. #10175
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Even the way he gets blasted in the back by the HZ is weak. No dodging or maneuvering. No Panther Habit. Oh Coates.

    But the thing is, with his new novel being promoted by Oprah and people enjoying his "Main Stream Character" Captain America, Coates probably doesn't care how he portrays T'Challa at this point.
    Bruh... He never cared how he portrayed him.

    This isn't T'Challa. This a fake, who gets best up by goons, has never been kingnin his life, gets outsmarted by frakking despots. Cant fight for isht, can't use common sense and walks into traps constantly.

    This isn't T'Challa and this isn't Wakanda. If it were uo to me, if inwas following Coates I would systematically destroy his entire take abd get rid ofnit officially
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-30-2019 at 05:57 PM.

  6. #10176
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Bruh... He never cared how he portrayed him.

    This isn't T'Challa. This a fake, who gets best up by goons, has never been kingnin his life, gets outsmarted by frakking despots. Cant fight for isht, can't use common sense and walks into traps constantly.

    This isn't T'Challa and this isn't Wakanda. If it were uo to me, if inwas following Coates I would systematically destroy his entire take abd get rid ofnit officially
    You know my solution. It's two words.

  7. #10177
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You know my solution. It's two words.
    At this point its the fastest and best solution. So much isht it needs to be cleaned up fast. I don't think there would be any downside, only somewhat hard part would be the reason for the simulation in the first place.

  8. #10178
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,465

    Default

    But the thing is, with his new novel being promoted by Oprah and people enjoying his "Main Stream Character" Captain America, Coates probably doesn't care how he portrays T'Challa at this point.
    Because you have a billion dollar Oscar winning film that make his Panther irrelevant.

    Also you have a black guy as the main writer of Cap America in era of Trump. Not a spinoff book (like Priest) but the main book.

    FAKE WOKE folks are going to enforce that more than Panther. Because how many black folks can boast writing a white guy as the main writer? Priest, McDuffie, Vita (although you are talking about a biracial person), Bryan Hill, Redjack, Brandon Eastman, Brandon Thomas, Kevin G & Jamal Igle.


    I'm not sure what editors even DO at Marvel anymore.
    Most of Marvel's editors are doing more than 1 let alone 5 books.

    Wilson Moss is editing 9 of them including Thor, Valkyrie, Black Panther & Agents of Wakanda.

    As we have seen from the X-Office who LOVES Black Panther. FORGETS Shuri is Panther's STEP SISTER. She and her mother are outsiders. So if any Wakandan has an issue with Gentle being an outsider-might want to yell at Princess Shuri.
    The same office that forgot Prodigy even exists.
    As we have seen from Goeff Johns who FORGOT Firestorm was Ronnie & Jason since 2011. Went back to the 80s and made the first Firestorm Ronnie & Stein. Jason Rusch no longer exists at DC Comics.
    As we have seen with Titans-who forgot Supergirl's boyfriend cut his dreads before Vita Ayala's Supergirl issue #19. Yet he somehow got them back for Titans.
    As we saw with Heroes in Crisis-Hotspot was made to look like Trayvon Martin's dead body after we saw him in Sideways (both books had the SAME editor).


    When it comes to black males-NOBODY cares what is done.

    And editor's job now is to get a book green lighted. Even before you get a creative team-see Gwenpool Strikes Back. She got hired AFTER the book was green lighted.

  9. #10179
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At this point its the fastest and best solution. So much isht it needs to be cleaned up fast. I don't think there would be any downside, only somewhat hard part would be the reason for the simulation in the first place.
    "This was a worst-case scenario, Shuri."

    "It was still unrealistic, brother. And I don't understand why you have me dressing like an extra in a Lady Gaga video."

    "I'm rather confused about that myself. There must be an error in the character rendering software. I will have Taku debug the code once he and Horatio return from their vacation."
    Last edited by DigiCom; 11-30-2019 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Corrected a name.

  10. #10180
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    "This was a worst-case scenario, Shuri."

    "It was still unrealistic, brother. And I don't understand why you have me dressing like an extra in a Lady Gaga video."

    "I'm rather confused about that myself. There must be an error in the character rendering software. I will have Taku debug the code once he and Horatio return from their vacation."
    Worst case, for what though what would he be simulating that promos S1-3? Sending the Wakandans into space? I would personally go with the mother is evil and all this Wakandan history is bullisht

  11. #10181
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Worst case, for what though what would he be simulating that promos S1-3? Sending the Wakandans into space? I would personally go with the mother is evil and all this Wakandan history is bullisht
    Well, if I was writing it: "Computer: Please simulate the likely outcome if Wakanda was placed under heavy psychic attack, leading to internal revolt and the lowering of the king's IQ by 40%"

    Seriously, some sort of stupidity attack is the only thing that explains how utterly incompetent almost every decision T'Challa makes in these runs is.

  12. #10182
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, if I was writing it: "Computer: Please simulate the likely outcome if Wakanda was placed under heavy psychic attack, leading to internal revolt and the lowering of the king's IQ by 40%"

    Seriously, some sort of stupidity attack is the only thing that explains how utterly incompetent almost every decision T'Challa makes in these runs is.
    Not gonna lie I laughed out loud with that first paragraph

    Or just make mother Mephisto the whole time abd T'Challa was trapped in an illusion for the entirely of s1-3 then he breaks out and beats that ass

  13. #10183
    Fantastic Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yep.

    "artistic" people starting hanging around others, trying to out woke people, and you end up with garbage like this.

    Which is one reason i hope Coogler doesn't have too much freedom and the MCU machine is still in place. Too much freedom = overthinking = garbage like this Coates era. You start putting too much real life shit instead of focusing on the fantasy comic book aspect of it
    .

    Part of the reason it was so loved critically and got awards love was how "real life" was in it. The fantasy aspects while good also suffered from streamling stuff we've seen in 10 other Marvel films. The further you push the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    ... What did they do to Harriet?

    As for MCU. Honestly, Coates had been destroying BP two years before Coogler came out with BP, he said he took some inspiration from Coates run as well as the others but really it was only aesthetics, and the force push.

    I doubt Coogler is going to say "wow Coates destruction of BP and Wakanda is what I want on the big screen. Honestly? Coogler is smarter then that. Coates changed his direction after Cooglers BP. It wasn't the other way around. I see that continuing.

    Dude was inspired by Priest, McGregor and Hudlin, we see it all over the movie, he's going to keep trending up, not destroy inspiration he gave to boys and girls, men and women all over the world. He ain't going to throw that away for fake woke folks or the literary crowd
    Keep telling yourself that man. I expect more of a Coates influence in the sequel. However, its Coates, but with Coogler's deft hand/craftsmanship.

    Its a struggle for people to understand that the director can successful adapt what DOES work and leave out what wouldn't translate.

  14. #10184
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Keep telling yourself that man. I expect more of a Coates influence in the sequel. However, its Coates, but with Coogler's deft hand/craftsmanship.

    Its a struggle for people to understand that the director can successful adapt what DOES work and leave out what wouldn't translate.
    OK, let's assume you are right. Which Coates storylines would be adapted?

    Season 1? The Dora rebelling? Coogler already DID that, with the Border Tribe.

    The Orisha disappearing? Since we haven't actually seen the Pather God yet, the plot would make no sense. "The Gods have vanished?" "Who cares?"

    The Originators? It would require retconning the backstory Coogler himself set up.

    The Adversary defeated by an apotheosized Storm? Do I even have to explain why that's unlikely?

    The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda? Not only does it lack the SW setup, but also the core premise ends up being a lot like Thor: Ragnarok.

    So all that you are left with is "Somehow, 7 years after the snap, Wakanda is in chaos, while the rest of the world is doing fine." Which I'll bet money Coogler won't do.

    As for this:

    Part of the reason it was so loved critically and got awards love was how "real life" was in it.
    If you mean the plot, I heard it called more Shakespearean than realistic.

    If you mean the setting… Really?

    Now, I'll give you Killmonger's motivations were very "realistic". But here's the key bit... despite the vaunted "Coates influence" in the movie (which, as has already been prought up, is more accurately called a Stelfreeze influence) that's one thing I KNOW Coogler came up with himself...

    Because Coates didn't write a single word about Killmonger until AFTER the movie.

    Add to that the fact that the MCU has never adapted a comics storyline directly, and both Chadwick has talked about building on the foundation the first movie laid down, I, for one, am not concerned that we'll be seeing rape treehouses anytime soon.

    We MIGHT see the Midnight Angels armor (another Stelfreeze creation) but I'll bet money they won't be worn by rebel Dora.

  15. #10185
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    OK, let's assume you are right. Which Coates storylines would be adapted?

    Season 1? The Dora rebelling? Coogler already DID that, with the Border Tribe.

    The Orisha disappearing? Since we haven't actually seen the Pather God yet, the plot would make no sense. "The Gods have vanished?" "Who cares?"

    The Originators? It would require retconning the backstory Coogler himself set up.

    The Adversary defeated by an apotheosized Storm? Do I even have to explain why that's unlikely?

    The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda? Not only does it lack the SW setup, but also the core premise ends up being a lot like Thor: Ragnarok.

    So all that you are left with is "Somehow, 7 years after the snap, Wakanda is in chaos, while the rest of the world is doing fine." Which I'll bet money Coogler won't do.

    As for this:


    Add to that the fact that the MCU has never adapted a comics storyline directly, and both Chadwick has talked about building on the foundation the first movie laid down, I, for one, am not concerned that we'll be seeing rape treehouses anytime soon.

    We MIGHT see the Midnight Angels armor (another Stelfreeze creation) but I'll bet money they won't be worn by rebel Dora.

    Only thing I could see adapted is some narrative about a progressive super country being stuck in traditional monarchy ways.

    Butttttt, at the same time, Coogler REALLY leaned into the traditional monarchy ways HARD. To go from the movie centralizing around Tribal Challenges and "can a good man be a great king" and turn around and go, "lol, nope, kings are natural dicks! of course they woudl lust for 16 year old bodyguards (aka coates)" seems too much of a tonal shift. And doesn't sell toys.

    And that is what may save everything lol. Movie money really comes from outside movie source. It comes from Merch. Toys, tshirts, halloween costumes, christmas ornaments, PJ's, coffee mugs, board games, disney park characters ect. Making a country synonymous with rape camps and depressions doesn't sell toys.

    And the problem with the midnight angels armor is that is covers faces. You can't cover Okoye's face. Look how often T'chadwick took his off lol. Maybe some background grunts might wear it I guess. I could see a adaptation of it that allows them to fly around, Mandolorian style. Jet Packs are ALWAYS cool.

    Imagine T'challa on his sky bike flanked information with midnight angel Doras.

    Or imagine T'challa on the ground with his sky bank, flanked with HZ riding Panther prowlers.


    Shut up and take my lego money.

    There aren't gonna be a lego set called, "the rape camps of Wakanda"
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-01-2019 at 06:31 AM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •