Page 684 of 744 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694734 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 11160
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Long story short, there is a rabid group of Coates haters on this thread. They are, if nothing else, consistent on this.

If you go by the opinions of regular posters here, Coates has emasculated T'Challa and denigrated the image of Wakanda.

That belief is so entrenched, it's not even worth debating.
    Long story short...
    Well... Awesome to know you feel that way. Frees people up to ignore your opinion on the matter. If as you say "its not worth debating"

Not showing up to a debate isn't a draw, it a bye for your opponent. They're stating facts and following it with THIS FACT Denigrates the image of Wakanda then well why wouldn't everyone just believe them.

The things they're complaining about don't particularly sound like they're making Wakanda better, but hey its not really your JOB to defend every writer whenever you're on the boards either, right? No Worries, Prof.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

My entry point to Star Wars was the prequels. I fell in love with them. The fantasy, the sci-fi, the politics. I loved it all. Then I went online to discuss it with other fans... that’s when I found out that apparently I’m not a “real fan” and my tastes were trash, and what I loved had actually ruined the “real Star Wars” etc. Got to the point that I couldn’t even post anything about the original trilogy without people harassing me with a flood of hate just cause my username was a prequel character. Now I don’t talk about Star Wars anymore. I watch the movies, I still love them (TLJ is actually my favorite) but the fans just ruined the entire fandom for me.

I thought I was in for the same treatment when I said something about Coates’ book here and got a number of disagreements in response. However the difference was clear. People explained why they disagreed, citing stories from the Priest and Hudlin run. They were trying to get me to see the potential of this character and how they felt Coates was squandering it. I’m still really into the intergalactic empire but I get the problems people on here have with Coates’ brand of storytelling.
    But Most importantly, no one tried to tell me I’m not a real fan in-fact they actually encouraged me to read some other BP stories to make me more of a fan. no one resorted to personal attacks or insults even when I was misremembering stuff and talking nonsense. Sure, they’re passionate about they’re opinions but this fandom is far away from being like some Star Wars fans that actually harass other fans, or creators

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The fact that you never heard of him doesn't mean he wasn't respected and widely known elsewhere.

For many people, the news that he would be writing BP was instantly greeted with excitement from people who knew his work as a writer and journalist.

Hamill has since recanted his complaints and regrets publicly expressing them, conceding Johnson was right.

As he said in a Twitter post:

“I regret voicing my doubts & insecurities in public. Creative differences are a common element of any project but usually remain private. All I wanted was to make [a] good movie. I got more than that — (Johnson) made an all-time GREAT one! #HumbledHamill.”

He also went on to say:

“I’ve had trouble accepting what (Johnson) saw for Luke but again, I mean, I have to say, having seen the movie I was wrong...I think being pushed out of your comfort zone is a good thing because if I was just another benevolent Jedi training young padawans, we’ve seen it.”

Johnson did not disrespect SW at all. His creative choices actually reflect someone who gave a great deal of thought to SW.

The box office failure of SOLO can not be attributed to reaction to THE LAST JEDI.

It's more widely accepted that it was simply a movie no one was asking for in the first place (has anyone ever clamored for Han's backstory?), that audiences were not interested in anyone but Harrison Ford as Solo, and that it had a poorly chosen release date, coming out in a congested summer season and too soon on the heels of TLJ, leaving not enough breathing room between movies.

Long story short, there is a rabid group of Coates haters on this thread. They are, if nothing else, consistent on this.

If you go by the opinions of regular posters here, Coates has emasculated T'Challa and denigrated the image of Wakanda.

Is that perception of Coates true? I would say most people outside of these boards would say no and that's not how his run is viewed.

The greater issue with Coates as BP writer, the one that really affects sales, is his pacing. His Space Wakanda story was a wearisome drudge, to the point where even many readers who otherwise appreciated his BP run reached their breaking point. Is Marvel going to keep Coates on when his current storyline wraps? We'll just have to wait and see.
    A word of advice.

Disagreeing with others opinions is cool.

Name-calling isn't, so please refrain from mislabeling any posters in here as being "rabid" for making their observations and raising concerns.

Occasionally, I read a few posts in here that I don't agree with and comment accordingly without feeling the need to malign the posters in question.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

My entry point to Star Wars was the prequels.
    The deal is that post about star was a seemed like a heavy shade and but moreso ended up being a red herring.

Trying to shift the attention away from what the posters where talking about: THE REACTION TO COATES RUN

Moving towards discussing "The Posters behavior"

I'm sorry to the main guys in this forum for biting that bait. I just respect this fan base on here. I wish everyone would stand firm for characters they love and/or are invested in.
    More people need look at and ask themselves the things that get asked here. I.e."How does this affect "The Mythos". The mythos is big game in this type of entertainment.
    So hats off to them. They know who they are.

So yeah, I'm done talking about how the posters and "what they're like" I think they deserve better because Like YOU say they're a pretty damned good community. Which is all I wanted to get out.

Back to comic talk.
    and Hail To the King.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    My entry point to Star Wars was the prequels. I fell in love with them. The fantasy, the sci-fi, the politics. I loved it all. Then I went online to discuss it with other fans... that’s when I found out that apparently I’m not a “real fan” and my tastes were trash, and what I loved had actually ruined the “real Star Wars” etc. Got to the point that I couldn’t even post anything about the original trilogy without people harassing me with a flood of hate just cause my username was a prequel character. Now I don’t talk about Star Wars anymore. I watch the movies, I still love them (TLJ is actually my favorite) but the fans just ruined the entire fandom for me.

I thought I was in for the same treatment when I said something about Coates’ book here and got a number of disagreements in response. However the difference was clear. People explained why they disagreed, citing stories from the Priest and Hudlin run. They were trying to get me to see the potential of this character and how they felt Coates was squandering it. I’m still really into the intergalactic empire but I get the problems people on here have with Coates’ brand of storytelling.
    But Most importantly, no one tried to tell me I’m not a real fan in-fact they actually encouraged me to read some other BP stories to make me more of a fan. no one resorted to personal attacks or insults even when I was misremembering stuff and talking nonsense. Sure, they’re passionate about they’re opinions but this fandom is far away from being like some Star Wars fans that actually harass other fans, or creators
    But according to some, were supposedly quite "rabid."

I for one, find myself quite happy to hear that your experiences in this thread thus far, have been to your liking.

The BP Appreciation thread remains welcoming to all.

Please continue to frequent this thread and freely ask whatever questions you want as regards BP related information or anything else you want to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    The deal is that post about star was a seemed like a heavy shade and but moreso ended up being a red herring.

Trying to shift the attention away from what the posters where talking about: THE REACTION TO COATES RUN

Moving towards discussing "The Posters behavior"

I'm sorry to the main guys in this forum for biting that bait. I just respect this fan base on here. I wish everyone would stand firm for characters they love and/or are invested in.
    More people need look at and ask themselves the things that get asked here. I.e."How does this affect "The Mythos". The mythos is big game in this type of entertainment.
    So hats off to them. They know who they are.

So yeah, I'm done talking about how the posters and "what they're like" I think they deserve better because Like YOU say they're a pretty damned good community. Which is all I wanted to get out.

Back to comic talk.
    and Hail To the King.
    You definitely need to post more often in here.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank you.
    I'm not buying any Black Panther solo books until Coates is removed as writer.
    The fact that you never heard of him doesn't mean he wasn't respected and widely known elsewhere.

For many people, the news that he would be writing BP was instantly greeted with excitement from people who knew his work as a writer and journalist.

Hamill has since recanted his complaints and regrets publicly expressing them, conceding Johnson was right.

As he said in a Twitter post:

“I regret voicing my doubts & insecurities in public. Creative differences are a common element of any project but usually remain private. All I wanted was to make [a] good movie. I got more than that — (Johnson) made an all-time GREAT one! #HumbledHamill.”

He also went on to say:

“I’ve had trouble accepting what (Johnson) saw for Luke but again, I mean, I have to say, having seen the movie I was wrong...I think being pushed out of your comfort zone is a good thing because if I was just another benevolent Jedi training young padawans, we’ve seen it.”

Johnson did not disrespect SW at all. His creative choices actually reflect someone who gave a great deal of thought to SW.

The box office failure of SOLO can not be attributed to reaction to THE LAST JEDI.

It's more widely accepted that it was simply a movie no one was asking for in the first place (has anyone ever clamored for Han's backstory?), that audiences were not interested in anyone but Harrison Ford as Solo, and that it had a poorly chosen release date, coming out in a congested summer season and too soon on the heels of TLJ, leaving not enough breathing room between movies.

Is that perception of Coates true? I would say most people outside of these boards would say no and that's not how his run is viewed.

The greater issue with Coates as BP writer, the one that really affects sales, is his pacing. His Space Wakanda story was a wearisome drudge, to the point where even many readers who otherwise appreciated his BP run reached their breaking point. Is Marvel going to keep Coates on when his current storyline wraps? We'll just have to wait and see.

The statement in bold of the quote is also shared by comic fans on social media like facebook, goodreads & in comic shops, not just in this thread.

If you look at his early comic book interviews, you can see that many black panther readers expressed issues with the way T'Challa was portrayed ( whcih is why Coates himself has addressed itin more than one interview).

What's helping BP's image is the MCU.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

If this video is correct, I fear for the future of T'Challa & Wakanda in the MCU......

Can BP fans have nice things?

If this video is right, it looks like Marvel Studios realized that they underutilized BP in Avengers 3 & 4, so they will make up for it by adding to his squeal .

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    If this video is correct, I fear for the future of T'Challa & Wakanda in the MCU......

If this video is right, it looks like Marvel Studios realized that they underutilized BP in Avengers 3 & 4, so they will make up for it by adding to his squeal .
    Assuming any of this is even true, I don't think there's anything to worry about. Coogler handled the heroes and villains very well on the first movie.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

How does this work with Doctor Strange being the Sorcerer Supreme in the MCU? Doom would have to face him first.

Also this news came up 5 hours ago on my news feed. 3 hours prior to that was the so called scoop that there will be two BPs in the sequel.

Meh, I still don't believe it. BP has his own villains still and to use Doom and Namor who are only known in comic world, won't be doing any favors, especially when you think about how much development Erik got

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Meh, I still don't believe it. BP has his own villains still and to use Doom and Namor who are only known in comic world, won't be doing any favors, especially when you think about how much development Erik got
    Why would Doom face BP before the FF is retconned into the MCU anyway?

Once again, go back to the last big comic con announcements and how many the rumor sites and "insiders" figured out? how many of them figured out Blade was coming? How many figured out Thor 4 was coming? and ect. The only thing rumor sites got right was stuff already deep in the pipeline.

Here is how internet rumor crap like this works:

- someone makes up a rumor, adds made up comic book details to add credibility

most of these are ignored. but they are constant.

- one of these gets picked up somewhere slightly bigger. So it goes from a 4chan board and ends up in a reddit board. Or someone slightly bigger tweets it.

- it gets pickedup by bigger site, like so comicbookmovie.com, who post "rumor articles" for clicks

- it then gets picked up by more twitter accounts

- it then gets picked up by youtbe accounts

All the while, they all pretend to have someone inside. Forum and reddit and facebook peeps share each one, giving the rumor life.

Now what is more likely... 1000 different accounts and youtube channels all immediately got the same information from there "sources".... or they all are just hovering around the internet and sourcing the same rumor from 4chan?

I mean ****, look at this video. They are mentioning the earthquake in End Game... again. Which has already been debunked by the Endgame writers.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There are no rabid haters in this thread. That's like me saying that there is a group of Coates fans who has their head so far up his ass that they see the piss before it comes out.

Everyone who has posted about their dislike of Coates BP has brought up valid points on why they don't like his run. That does not make us wrong, rabid or whatever term some people like to use.

I just wonder why it bothers some people that there are those of us who do not like how Coates has written BP and Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Why would Doom face BP before the FF is retconned into the MCU anyway?
    They did technically debut Klaw before they debuted Black Panther... so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Doom would actually show up before the FF.