Page 376 of 744 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 11160

And speaking of Bast, I really love Jen Bartel's depiction of her:

Last edited by nj06; 06-26-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but originally in Wakanda a 12 year old boy saw his father the then king murdered and that motivated the boy to become king through trial by combat. Trial by combat..that is a lot of physical pain and sacrifice...so anyone wanting to be king really has to want.
    I think a lot of people who initially wanted the job ended up NOT wanting it after sitting on the throne for awhile. T'Challa believed his Uncle S'Yan was all too happy to pass the job onto T'Challa. Shuri initially wanted to be Black Panther, but defintely did not want a second run when T'Challa was missing in space. And T'CHalla makes his own thoughts on the matter pretty clear.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As MoS stated, Bast's hasn't had too much panel time and so her personality hasn't been explored too much. I would say the most consistent thing about her to me has been her stern/serious demeanor. I feel like today's issue is the only time we've seen Bast written with any sort of humor attached to her.
    yea I actually liked it. I just wasnt sure if it was OOC or not. I'm glad to hear that it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but originally in Wakanda a 12 year old boy saw his father the then king murdered and that motivated the boy to become king through trial by combat. Trial by combat..that is a lot of physical pain and sacrifice...so anyone wanting to be king really has to want.
    yea I actually think you are right but not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I actually appreciated how cheeky she was lol. I thought it was cute and I agree with MoS that he was probably trying to portray her as acting somewhat childlike as well.
    yea I think he made a good observation.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    And speaking of Bast, I really love Jen Bartel's depiction of her:

jen is amazing and her bast was on point!!! I love her so much.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

and you are not liking how tchalla is wanting to do what he wants to do on his own terms over wanting to be a king?
    I don't like how this character trait came out of nowhere. Pre-Coates, there wasn't anything pointing to him not wanting it or being forced into it. There have been moments that have shown how heavy the crown can be, but we've not seen him want to run away from it. The fact he was king at all is because he came back and took the damn title from his Uncle. He wasn't forced, that isn't how the Wakanda system works.

And he's always done what he wants. Whether that's opening up Wakanda, joining the F4, joining the Avengers, almost marrying Monica Lynne, marrying Storm, going into space, ect... one of the criticisms of redshirt Wakandans is that T'challa ISNT devoting his life to Wakanda and Wakanda alone. He's always forged his own path, despite the criticisms.

Also... he lost the title and the throne back right before Doom War. His response was to leave and find himself in Hell's Kitchen... not throw a party that it was finally over. His second response, when faced by Bast herself, was to WANT to "be the panther" again. He wanted the title and wanted the throne. He become King of the Dead instead out of duty to Bast and Wakanda. Because THAT IS WHAT HE DOES! That is what heroes do. He is the Black Panther, the protector of Wakanda, the most favored son of Bast. not T'chumpa the Whiney.

Fast forward to Coates and... he magically wants to be a scientist in a basement in Necropolis and is a moody sappy bitch all the time crying on Ororo shoulder. Coates took his balls off because Coates doesn't seem to believe in "alpha male" type characters.

I don't like changes in character traits that don't seem earned or backed by canon.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't like how this character trait came out of nowhere. Pre-Coates, there wasn't anything pointing to him not wanting it or being forced into it. There have been moments that have shown how heavy the crown can be, but we've not seen him want to run away from it. The fact he was king at all is because he came back and took the damn title from his Uncle. He wasn't forced, that isn't how the Wakanda system works.

And he's always done what he wants. Whether that's opening up Wakanda, joining the F4, joining the Avengers, almost marrying Monica Lynne, marrying Storm, going into space, ect... one of the criticisms of redshirt Wakandans is that T'challa ISNT devoting his life to Wakanda and Wakanda alone. He's always forged his own path, despite the criticisms.

Also... he lost the title and the throne back right before Doom War. His response was to leave and find himself in Hell's Kitchen... not throw a party that it was finally over. His second response, when faced by Bast herself, was to WANT to "be the panther" again. He wanted the title and wanted the throne. He become King of the Dead instead out of duty to Bast and Wakanda. Because THAT IS WHAT HE DOES! That is what heroes do. He is the Black Panther, the protector of Wakanda, the most favored son of Bast. not T'chumpa the Whiney.

Fast forward to Coates and... he magically wants to be a scientist in a basement in Necropolis and is a moody sappy bitch all the time crying on Ororo shoulder. Coates took his balls off because Coates doesn't seem to believe in "alpha male" type characters.

I don't like changes in character traits that don't seem earned or backed by canon.
    You can argue leaving Wakanda to become an Avenger and a school teacher in Harlem halfway across the planet from the nation he's supposed to be running qualifies as running away from the job.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can argue leaving Wakanda to become an Avenger and a school teacher in Harlem halfway across the planet from the nation he's supposed to be running qualifies as running away from the job.
    B4 Coates stupid retcon he was there to spy on them to protect his nation which would be fulfilling his duties.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    B4 Coates stupid retcon he was there to spy on them to protect his nation which would be fulfilling his duties.
    Yeah, because I'm sure the school children in the Harlem school he was teaching in where a clear and present danger to the most technologically advanced nation on the planet.

He was there because he wanted to be there, not because he needed to be. Even if initially he might have seen them as potential dangers, he stuck around long after the need to spy on the Avengers was gone.

Like most super hero kings in comics, he prefers the adventure of being a hero to sitting on a throne running a country. People like him and Thor and Wonder Woman are warriors more than they are burocrats, so it's almost not that surpising if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Exactly.

Priest realized it was "dumb old comic ****" and came up with an logical explanation that was cool AF.

Coates changed it because... I'm not really sure

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Exactly.

Priest realized it was "dumb old comic ****" and came up with an logical explanation that was cool AF.

Coates changed it because... I'm not really sure
    Or maybe Coates added to it, because while Priests retcon was better than the original it still doesn't do enough. Priests retcon does an OKAY of explaining why he joins the Avengers... it doesn't explain why he feels the need to stick around long after they earned his trust. Plus, he could have spied on them without actually joining the team... Priests run demonstrated he had the technology to do that.

Plus, imagine holding a character to something that was done in the bast damn 60's, during prime "stupid ass comic" stuff.

Him joining to spy and then staying because he realized they were good people trying to do good things for the world and became his friends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> joining for "imma scientist" BS

Plus, imagine holding a character to something that was done in the bast damn 60's, during prime "stupid ass comic" stuff.

Him joining to spy and then staying because he realized they were good people trying to do good things for the world and became his friends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> joining for "imma scientist" BS
    It doesn't have to greater than. It can all be true. That's why Coates retcon is no big deal... it doesn't replace or negate Priests. It just adds to it. It's just one more reason he might do something which frankly doesn't make one bit of sense. Once the spy thing no longer applies and he considers them legitimately his friends, he needs reasons to justify staying in NY rather than returning to Wakanda. THe science motivation can stick around long after the spying on them motivation has run it's course. And certainly the fact that they are friends is a HUGE part as well... him leaving Wakanda to have advetures with his super hero buddies in the States obviously was and continues to be a strong motivating factor for what he does.

ok can you explain this. I forgot to mention this. is in in character for her to be so b!tchy? I love m'Baku and tchalla. it's too much sexiness for me to handle.
    She behaves the way most gods are portrayed in media. She doesn't give you the whole answer, but parts of it. Sometimes she straight forward, and sometimes she'll just give you a vision and you have to figure it out yourself.

ooh goddess the shade lol. I will have to go read it.

and you are not liking how tchalla is wanting to do what he wants to do on his own terms over wanting to be a king?
    I think MoS already answered, but he's been King on his own terms. However in that FF issue you're going to read, I think he says the greatest thing a person can do is serve ones people. So that gives you an idea of his train of thought. It pretty much speaks to the reason he annulled the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think MoS already answered, but he's been King on his own terms. However in that FF issue you're going to read, I think he says the greatest thing a person can do is serve ones people. So that gives you an idea of his train of thought. It pretty much speaks to the reason he annulled the marriage.
    Course, annulling the marriage also explains why he's not always happy about the burdens that come from serving his people. Anyone who is required to end their marriage to the love of their life out of duty is going to be a bit resentful of that duty. He'll do what he feels he had to do... but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to like it. Yeah, he's a servant of the people... but he's still human.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Genuine question so please don’t mistake for shade but... is the fact that you happened to live where a meteor imbued with heavy concentrations of an extremely valuable, technologically revolutionary, highly and multi-purposefully functional alien metal hit not by definition... dumb luck?
    It didn't turn itself into technology. Its actually quite dangerous. Get to close to raw Vb and it turns you into a monster.