Page 399 of 744 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Hopefully Coates is helping Coogler with the script since they've been hanging out lately.
    Coates is a good writer outside of BP when it comes to writing the character it's clear he doesn't understand him or care about him, Wakanda, or the mythos. The smartest thing he has ever said regarding BP was when he said he wasn't going to help with the script for BP because he didn't want to ruin the movie. He needs to take his own advice again and apply it to the sequel and the comics.

Coates is an excellent writer. Coogler is an excellent director.

Coates has very good ideas and Coogler can help with the execution of those ideas.

Tchalla wants to get in on this too

IBut seriously I hope your joking

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    His current run of BP hasn't given me the confidence to allow him to influence Coogler in developing new ideas.

I do hope Coogler gets to work with another screenwriter for the next movie though.
    I would want Coates to pick a story and then have Coogler/Joe Robert Cole to to turn it into a script.

What was wrong with Joe Robert Cole in your opinion or do you just want a new voice?

Coates is a very good writer. Coates just needed to have years of comic book writing experience. Its why he got off to a slow start. However, his overall themes, ideas , etc are good.

For example, if Coates pitched the ideas to an experienced comic book writer it would have landed better early on.

Coates + Coogler = excellence. Coates gives the great writing and Coogler handles the comic booky stuff.

I would want Coates to pick a story and then have Coogler/Joe Robert Cole to to turn it into a script.

What was wrong with Joe Robert Cole in your opinion or do you just want a new voice?
    Coogler and Cole can write and hammer out concepts just fine where Black Panther is concerned. They don't need anything from the 98% trash that Coates has brought to Black Panther books . My hope is that Coogler and company will sit Coates down and explain value not simpin' out T'challa like he is.

You mean pick someone elses BP story? None of his are usable. They all rely on Wakanda being on a heavy downturn. Which based on its final shot in Endgame, is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Coogler and Cole can write and hammer out concepts just fine where Black Panther is concerned. They don't need anything from the 98% trash that Coates has brought to Black Panther books . My hope is that Coogler and company will sit Coates down and explain value not simpin' out T'challa like he is.
    If anything we need more of Priests Panther, sincehis take on the character is still seen as the definitive one to this very day.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Attempt #1: post link to rumors sure to trigger the thread because they mention storm!

*silence nobody cares at all*

****, change gears to get the reaction I want!!!

Attempt #2: connect coogler and coates and say he would be a perfect influence

This stuff is so transparent at this point.

Anywho, so what is the fallout with BP and the Avengers going to be? Leader always takes the brunt of any fall out sooner and later and BP is on his, "not really talk to anybody" stuff again.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-11-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Coates is a very good writer. Coates just needed to have years of comic book writing experience. Its why he got off to a slow start. However, his overall themes, ideas , etc are good.

For example, if Coates pitched the ideas to an experienced comic book writer it would have landed better early on.

Coates + Coogler = excellence. Coates gives the great writing and Coogler handles the comic booky stuff.
    Coates is not a good comic writer, he doesn't care for BP or showing Black men as an alpha. His themes abd ideas are good? His themes are look how terrible Wakanda is, they are just like the West No One man...! Coates needs to stay all the hell away from MCU Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You mean pick someone elses BP story? None of his are usable. They all rely on Wakanda being on a heavy downturn. Which based on its final shot in Endgame, is not the case.
    Theoretically speaking it's not that hard to justify a downturn in Wakanda after Infinity War and End Game. The least scene certainly implies that things are cool, but that's a very small snapshot of an entire nation. Basically, End Game left enough room for Coogler to go in any direction he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Attempt #1: post link to rumors sure to trigger the thread because they mention storm!

*silence nobody cares at all*

****, change gears to get the reaction I want!!!

Attempt #2: connect coogler and coates and say he would be a perfect influence

This stuff is so transparent at this point.

Anywho, so what is the fallout with BP and the Avengers going to be? Leader always takes the brunt of any fall out sooner and later and BP is on his, "not really talk to anybody" stuff again.
    Hopefully not something that ends up with Wakanda getting trashed. I would like to see him stay on this position for awhile and when he steps down as chairman, still have AoW handling things in Shields place

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hopefully not something that ends up with Wakanda getting trashed. I would like to see him stay on this position for awhile and when he steps down as chairman, still have AoW handling things in Shields place
    I think Wakanda will be fine.

could see BP being estranged with the Avengers again.

With Mephisto around, who the hell knows lol. Aaron seems to be working with Ghost Rider, Shulk, and BP the most (with a dash of "whoever joins extra aka blade right now) so we will see what he is planning.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Coates is not a good comic writer, he doesn't care for BP or showing Black men as an alpha. His themes abd ideas are good? His themes are look how terrible Wakanda is, they are just like the West No One man...! Coates needs to stay all the hell away from MCU Panther

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Coates is okay-ish. His main problems are that his pacing is slow and he forgets that Marvel characters should interact more often.

Chip Zdarsky should get T'Challa for a while.
    "Cable was right!"

Thats the lack of comic book writing experience. Those wouldn't be problems for Coogler.