Page 535 of 744 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They are.

Because apparently, T'challa and Shuri can't make any decisions these days without running back to their ancestors for guidance first.
    They did it like twice in three and a half years. That's not too bad. I wouldn't want them overdoing that ability either... but at the same time if you have the ability, might as well at least use it.

Mighty Member

Besides their grace, beauty, and alpha predator position ( tigers in Siberia regularly hunt and eat brownbears.....brown bears!) is that cats know they are alpha. I always have a hard time swallowing any depiction of a cat condescending to letting someone ride them.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

They are.

Because apparently, T'challa and Shuri can't make any decisions these days without running back to their ancestors for guidance first.
    Isn't that what kotd was supposed to be? Good thing T'Challa and Shuri have their ancestors to guide them and make flowery poetry and jabs at them

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Isn't that what kotd was supposed to be?
    T'challa goes to the past panthers to get scolded

Goes to "Mother," whatever the hell that means, to learn his history sucks
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'challa goes to the past panthers to get scolded

Goes to "Mother," whatever the hell that means, to learn his history sucks
    But to some, this is deep groundbreaking world building that's never been seen by any other BP scribe and this is great storytelling.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But to some, this is deep groundbreaking world building that's never been seen by any other BP scribe and this is great storytelling.....
    Honestly I thought some were expecting too much out of KOTD. I honestly never thought that Hickman was trying to do any legit world buidling with the KOTD. I think that was just a way to power up a depowered BP without taking anything away from Shuri. So I at least wasn't that surprised that little was done with that. I think it just functionally gave him powers, and allowed himself to go around calling himself a king. Sort of. And of course it sets up the one specific scene where T'Challa can't stop the incursion.

The Mother however, I do think is an attempt to legitimately add a new layer to the mythos (in addition to giving Shuri some elements of her own completely independent of anything directly related to her brother). But in a functional story sense it's just a means of providing exposition to explain something to readers when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Mother however, I do think is an attempt to legitimately add a new layer to the mythos (in addition to giving Shuri some elements of her own completely independent of anything directly related to her brother). But in a functional story sense it's just a means of providing exposition to explain something to readers when needed.
    The word you are looking for is "plot device". And, frankly, it's not done well, since there's no particular reason to TRUST some who doesn't explain who she is, where her knowledge comes from, and what her agenda is. We're just supposed to take it for granted that she's legit because she says she is.

For all we know, she's Mephisto in drag trying to manipulate Shuri to get around his vow to T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    More like He-Man. Complete with uber-powerful Sorceress who never actually helps.
    And thing is, that’s not entirely out of place in the BP mythos. I know fans and writers tend to focus on the afrofuturist side of Wakanda, but there’s always been that afrofantasy, pulp side. It’s what makes T’Challa so versatile as a character and leader. I don’t have an issue with BP stories tapping into mysticism, it’s just Coates doesn’t execute them well.

And KoTD is a power set with potential, it’s just a writer hasn’t come along willing to define it and weave it into the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And KoTD is a power set with potential, it’s just a writer hasn’t come along willing to define it and weave it into the franchise.
    At this point, the whole thing just needs scrapped completely.

Hickman only did it to repower T'challa + his little zombie ending at the end. That was the only point of it.

Just reported T'challa properly next reboot, make it a ritual like McGregor (and then the movie), allow him to meet with his ancestors for council while in Necropolis (which can only be accessed by an avatar of Bast), and move on.

Unless you end up with a continuity master like Ewing, its pointless. Just take the character back to his defined roots and dump all the little teases that amounted to nothing. Build on the actual foundation that is there and not the shitty side projects.

IMO of course.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

At this point, the whole thing just needs scrapped completely.

Hickman only did it to repower T'challa + his little zombie ending at the end. That was the only point of it.

Just reported T'challa properly next reboot, make it a ritual like McGregor (and then the movie), allow him to meet with his ancestors for council while in Necropolis (which can only be accessed by an avatar of Bast), and move on.

Unless you end up with a continuity master like Ewing, its pointless. Just take the character back to his defined roots and dump all the little teases that amounted to nothing. Build on the actual foundation that is there and not the shitty side projects.

IMO of course.
    I always thought the whole KotD thing was redundant, anyway. Am I the ONLY one who actually remembers the Panther God Pavillion?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The word you are looking for is "plot device". And, frankly, it's not done well, since there's no particular reason to TRUST some who doesn't explain who she is, where her knowledge comes from, and what her agenda is. We're just supposed to take it for granted that she's legit because she says she is.

For all we know, she's Mephisto in drag trying to manipulate Shuri to get around his vow to T'Challa.
    Please be Mephisto.

And is Shuri still rocking the Griot stuff at this point or is this how she looks in the plane talking to Mother?

I'm lost as to her current position.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And thing is, that’s not entirely out of place in the BP mythos. I know fans and writers tend to focus on the afrofuturist side of Wakanda, but there’s always been that afrofantasy, pulp side. It’s what makes T’Challa so versatile as a character and leader. I don’t have an issue with BP stories tapping into mysticism, it’s just Coates doesn’t execute them well.

Who was the last BP writer to focus on anything afro-futuristic? Hudlin? That was well over 10 years ago.

If anything we've seen more mysticism in BP than anything technological, a few gadgets here and there. Nothing groundbreaking.

Incredible Member

So is Tchalla peak human?or low tier street level super human?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Peak human, like Captain America. Although I vaguely recall Priest saying Cap was a bit stronger, BP a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    He and Cap are more low level superhuman. Some old Marvel handbook has their strength at Olympic level (800lbs) but they both got feats above that. Cap lifted 1100lbs as a warmup and T'Challa easily carried his throne which is believed to way a ton and walked it into the Wakandan embassy. Then there was the time he kept a giant 20ft crocodile jaws open and the average croc has the jaw strength of 3700 psi.