Page 356 of 744 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Are we really about to have a story involving T'Challa having to figure out what it means to be a king? Wasn't the point of season 1with it's no one man crap was that a king wasn't necessary anymore? For anyone still reading Coates' bore, has T'Challa and NuKillmonger even met yet? Last I checked they haven't.
    It was revealed that they have interacted in the latest issue before T'Challa lost his memories.

At least Acuna will be back?

Brightside?

sigh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BLACK PANTHER #16

TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A) • COVER BY
    Daniel Acuña & CAFU

THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA - TWO THOUSAND SEASONS part 4
    N’Jadaka’s revenge! T’Challa thought he had rid himself of the Intergalactic Empire and its despotic ruler — but he forgot he was tangling with a god. And now, the Empire knows how to reach Wakanda Prime. Has T’Challa learned what it means to be king just in time to lose his kingdom?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    So we'll get NuKillmonger to replace the old. Here hoping Nakia and M'baku make the trip. lol

Shenanigans await to explain the time gap. Unless he really isnt home its sill in the simulation. lol.

So after a year, 12 issues, and T'Challa spending 5yrs or so in the future he has only met the villain of the story in a flashback in the 12th issue. Smh.

I'll just reread previous runs, Avengers, and get Agents of Wakanda whenever it starts.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 06-20-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So we'll get NuKillmonger to replace the old. Here hoping Nakia and M'baku make the trip. lol

Shenanigans await to explain the time gap. Unless he really isnt home its sill in the simulation. lol.
    In theory they don't need the new Killmonger to replace the old one... they just need the symbiote. If it bonds with regular 616 Killmonger down the line, it gives him a nice power upgrade without necessarily having to sacrifice a good character that he has history with.

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #1

Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

Variant cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

GAME VARIANT COVER BY YOON LEE

Hidden Gem variant cover by TBA
    VARIANT COVER by TBA
    WAKANDA WORLDWIDE!
    ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    From the pages of Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS! Vampires. Aliens. Angry fish kings. Black Panther’s hand-picked Agents of Wakanda can handle it all. And who better to lead them than the king of the world’s most technologically evolved country? Wakanda is making waves on the world’s map – and not everyone’s a fan. With General Okoye’s help, T’Challa will take Gorilla-Man, Ka-Zar and Wasp on a global fight for survival – to handle threats S.H.I.E.L.D. could only dream of!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Looks interesting. I like seeing BP with Okoye and Gorilla-Man. I'm iffy on Wasp. I could take her or replace her. Ka-Zar I've never been too big a fan of so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In theory they don't need the new Killmonger to replace the old one... they just need the symbiote. If it bonds with regular 616 Killmonger down the line, it gives him a nice power upgrade without necessarily having to sacrifice a good character that he has history with.
    Why jump through the hoops of bringing him back to life again? There is a living one now.

So after a year, 12 issues, and T'Challa spending 5yrs or so in the future he has only met the villain of the story in a flashback in the 12th issue. Smh.

I'll just reread previous runs, Avengers, and get Agents of Wakanda whenever it starts.
    Somewhere along the line, the mystery of Tchallas' arrival became so important that it was worth waiting a year for. It sets it up(maybe) for the next issue. For me, the basic story wasn't strong enough to wait that long. All backup information should have come out at the 4-6th month mark. The art was carry the story during that period.

And its at least eight year in the maybe future. He had already been there for three years before issue 1. Then the five years on Hoth.

Its going to be hard for Tchalla to go home and approx. ten years passed on earth. Might as well call this 616 and a half. lol
    Last edited by Cville; 06-20-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Why jump through the hoops of bringing him back to life again? There is a living one now.
    Because the old one is cool.

He's a guy who T'Challa has never beaten (outside 1-2 zombie situations). At least bring him back one more time to T'Challa can beat him.

Nothing against the new one, who is a perfectly fine new villain... but he just doesn't have the same history the previous one had.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I like to think that Coates is a very talented, intelligent, prolific writer....of non-fiction. Like Roxanne Gay, fiction doesn't seem to be his thing. I've read a little of his Panther run and disliked it, and apparently it hasn't gotten better.
    Thing os, apparently his Cap book is actually really good and it's miles better then his BP run. For all his talk of reparations and criticism for how Black people were treated, he treats Wakanda and Africans like trash

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Feige
    “Pure rumor," he said. "The honest answer to that is that is pure rumor and speculation because Mr. [Ryan] Coogler is just only in recent weeks sitting down at his keyboard and beginning to outline the movie. It’s early. So nothing is set yet in any way that far because Mr. Coogler [is] sitting down and will share it with Nate Moore and myself in coming weeks.”
    https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news...panther-2.html
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-20-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Somewhere along the line, the mystery of Tchallas' arrival became so important that it was worth waiting a year for. It sets it up(maybe) for the next issue. For me, the basic story wasn't strong enough to wait that long. All backup information should have come out at the 4-6th month mark. The art was carry the story during that period.

And its at least eight year in the maybe future. He had already been there for three years before issue 1. Then the five years on Hoth.

Its going to be hard for Tchalla to go home and approx. ten years passed on earth. Might as well call this 616 and a half. lol
    8yrs in the future huh. Has any truly interesting happened? I stopped reading after Bast got taken down by a symbiote. Has T'Challa gotten to do something cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Not surprising at all that it's a rumor and that Ryan only just started writing it, he's very busy. The dude involved in Space Jam 2, directing and cowriting Wrong Answer, plus he got a baby on the way.

#FlintStrong: @BarryJenkins-scripted biopic on groundbreaking boxer Claressa 'T-Rex' Shields will be directed by #BlackPanther cinematographer @morrisondp. ���� https://buff.ly/2WXZd95

Happy to see she's got a directing gig. She's earned it. Hopefully this doesn't interfere with her schedule to shoot BP. However, if she's not available I hope Coogler gets his DP from Creed.

Not surprising at all that it's a rumor and that Ryan only just started writing it, he's very busy. The dude involved in Space Jam 2, directing and cowriting Wrong Answer, plus he got a baby on the way.
    I'm just glad to get some BP news. The fact he's working on the outline and Feige/Moore will be seeing it in a few weeks is exciting.

Very interested in the direction Ryan goes with the sequel.