Page 641 of 744 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But we again have to remember who wrote wolds apart. It wasn't a BP scribe who had the mythos best Interest at heart. It was an x writer and the Creator of gentle, who's only lot in his creation is to throw shade at Wakanda on some straight up bullisht.

The bad husband thing, was all x related as well. That's the biggest thing to realize. The x office had done more to undercut and mess with BP and Storm then any other franchise. To the point where BP fans just said frak it, keep her out, it's not worth the trouble.

And it's why many of us here don't care to see Storm in the mythos again and especially getting all the attention and feats she's getting In T'Challas book. It's not because we hate Storm, or hate Black women or anything like that. It's the fact that one, the x office acts like spoiled children, they don't care about their toy until another kid is playing with it then all of a sudden they have to have it back and will cry scream and throw a fit till they get it and once they do they throw it back in the bin and forget about it all over again.

So until Storm can be treated with respect in her own franchise (or she is given to the BP franchise) she shouldn't be coming to this mythos to get the development her own franchise doesn't care to give her
    Ezyo1000 you are preaching to the choir. None of your words are lost on me. I can’t disagree with a single word. I’m fully aware of how she’s been propped up in his books and she’s still YET to receive that same energy in the X-men books. I can admit that. I can see all the ways in which T’Challa and his mythos has been thrown under the bus to elevate her in some way. That’s why it’s ironic to me now that some major X-men pusher here her now proclaiming to misunderstand a push for black love and black success? I’m a huge fan of Storm but I can’t think of one ratings winner she’s been in that speaks to black love or success. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Actually, I re-read what Priest had to say, and there are a few elements that people may have missed. Here's a relevant bit, with my emphasis:

"Joe and Jimmy just thought it'd be cool to have Panther travel with a pair of 6-foot tall gorgeous women, and I certainly agreed, but the order of the Dora Milaje, a kind of nun/wife-in-training deal, gave us a foot in both of the worlds the Panther struggled to maintain peace between: the modern and the tribal."

In the Priest run, T'Challa also served as head of the Panther religion, so the idea of "Brides of Bast" actually makes a sort of sense. We aren't talking about a harem, here... if the DM are nuns of a sort, the vows are more spiritual... dedicating onesself to the cult of Bast, as embodied in the Panther.

Unless, of course, you are a hormonal teenager with attachment issues.

I would argue that Coates DID throw out the baby with the bathwater, by having so many of the Dora Milaje go rogue. I think he cared less about making the DM more palatable, and more about his cultural agenda. Coogler did a MUCH better job, which may be why Okoye is getting a push, and Aneka isn't.
    So what your saying is thst not only Coates not bother to do his research at all and simply push his agenda, his dumbass comment about it being a harem and not seeing any man not take advantage of it makes him an even bigger fool because he ignored the bin side of it and the spiritual promise behind it..

But sure let's go with he HAD to change it because he was shackled by continuity and Coogler had an easier time fixing it because hebhad a blank slate

As per the norm BoG your comic knowledge is the stuff of legends

Uhhh no it's not the same as treehouse rape. The tree house rape falls directly into a very real western racist view of Africa and Africans. Not the same thing at all. And they weren't trained to be wives. There was a potential for the king to marry one or both of they chose to, but they were bodyguards first and foremost. And also it's a warrior nation, do you expect the queen to be just as deadly as the king, but even so they weren't simply learning the ways of courtship and how to be a queen and being a housewife or something. It was a very strict regime, again given what all the Dora's are capable of.

Also to get rid of it, how it was set up by Hudlin? It literally could of just rerconned it completely to be just bodyguards. The fact that Coates and Gay drug it up in the manner they did to "fix" it actually did way more harm then good
    First and foremost they were not body guards... they were first and foremost political pawns to keep the peace in Wakanda. If they were first and foremost body guards, they wouldn't be entirely absent in 90% of the fights T'Challa is actually is. They're more window dressing than body guards... they're not there to protect him, just make him look cool.

And the point of fixing it is so that no one can drug it up again. Just ignoring it, which is what most writers post Priest did, doesn't in any way prevent another writer from mentioning it since Priests run is still considered canon.Thel wheel needed to be broke once and for all. And it was.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.

So what your saying is thst not only Coates not bother to do his research at all and simply push his agenda, his dumbass comment about it being a harem and not seeing any man not take advantage of it makes him an even bigger fool because he ignored the bin side of it and the spiritual promise behind it..

But sure let's go with he HAD to change it because he was shackled by continuity and Coogler had an easier time fixing it because hebhad a blank slate

As per the norm BoG your comic knowledge is the stuff of legends
    Except the vows aren't just spiritual. Priest on his own website flat out stated a King can take advantage of a DM if he chooses to... it's just that T'Challa obviously wasn't interested in doing so.

Which ulltimately is the problem. You have young underage teenage girls being put in a position by the government where they can theoretically be taken advantage of. If they were Purely nuns, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And the point of fixing it is so that no one can drug it up again. Just ignoring it, which is what most writers post Priest did, doesn't in any way prevent another writer from mentioning it since Priests run is still considered canon.Thel wheel needed to be broke once and for all. And it was.
    Do you honestly believe that? Seriously?

Do you truly believe that the next writer won't do what EVERY OTHER Panther writer (with one possible exception) has done, and simply ignore whatever bits of the Coates run he doesn't like?

Except the vows aren't just spiritual. Priest on his own website flat out stated a King can take advantage of a DM if he chooses to... it's just that T'Challa obviously wasn't interested in doing so.

Which ulltimately is the problem. You have young underage teenage girls being put in a position by the government where they can theoretically be taken advantage of. If they were Purely nuns, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    You might nesd to site thar, because what your saying Priest aaid and what Digi said are two different things.

Abd again the wheel didnt need to be broken. Or at least not in a manner that actually hurts the mythos more then when it was simply ignored. Thars the oart your missing/ignoring

Do you honestly believe that? Seriously?

Do you truly believe that the next writer won't do what EVERY OTHER Panther writer (with one possible exception) has done, and simply ignore whatever bits of the Coates run he doesn't like?
    They may well ignore or reverse SOME things Coates did... what I don't believe is that they will ignore Coates ending the wives in training aspect of the DM. I don't think anyone at marvel necessarily likes that aspect of it, and I very much doubt any writer will ever bring it back.

You might nesd to site thar, because what your saying Priest aaid and what Digi said are two different things.

Abd again the wheel didnt need to be broken. Or at least not in a manner that actually hurts the mythos more then when it was simply ignored. Thars the oart your missing/ignoring
    Yeah, the problem is that Coates "broke the wheel" with a lot of falsehoods and unnecessary isht because he wanted Wakanda to conform to what he thought it was so that he could fixit.

It's easy enough to site on Priests website.

http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comi...ther/cast.html

Not that I even need to site it, as we all know the references to them being wives/brides in training outnumber references to them being nuns 20 to 1. If they were just nuns we wouldn't be having this conversation.

As far as breaking the wheel goes... we'll see. If the Doras are ever written as wives in training again in marvel then yeah, Coates failed to do what he needed to do. But if the whole wives in training thing is over and done with for good, then he got the job done.

I guess Priest contradicts himself, then.

For the record, I got my information from here: http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comi...her/start.html

They may well ignore or reverse SOME things Coates did... what I don't believe is that they will ignore Coates ending the wives in training aspect of the DM. I don't think anyone at marvel necessarily likes that aspect of it, and I very much doubt any writer will ever bring it back.
    I honestly can't agree with this. Frankly, the idea that someone would bother trying to match up to the worst-selling run in BP history sounds laughable to me. I think it MUCH more likely that whoever gets the book next will be given one instruction:

"Make it look as much like the movie as possible!"

I honestly can't agree with this. Frankly, the idea that someone would bother trying to match up to the worst-selling run in BP history sounds laughable to me. I think it MUCH more likely that whoever gets the book next will be given one instruction:

"Make it look as much like the movie as possible!"
    Making it look as much as the movie as possible works fine in this regard, since they aren't wives in training in the movie either.

They may well reverse the Doras independently running the Jabari land and have them return to the Golden City, but the important aspect being they wouldn't return to service as brides in training.

Making it look as much as the movie as possible works fine in this regard, since they aren't wives in training in the movie either.

They may well reverse the Doras independently running the Jabari land and have them return to the Golden City, but the important aspect being they wouldn't return to service as brides in training.
    Unless the writer has a story idea that requires it...

Frankly, I'm not sure why this is even an issue. The only reason the wife thing is even PART of the DM setup was to explain why Malice went cuckoo for cocoa puffs. I suspect it will simply never be mentioned again.

Frankly, I'm not sure why this is even an issue. The only reason the wife thing is even PART of the DM setup was to explain why Malice went cuckoo for cocoa puffs. I suspect it will simply never be mentioned again.
    There's certainly no absolute gurantee it will ever be mentioned again... but in the least having them NOT be brides in training greatly increases the odds of the books not mentioning that they're brides in training. They needed to establish on panel that they weren't, and them breaking away from the throne decisively does just that.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-11-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Simple. Coates.

Some states still have marriage at 16 as legal on the books and some have anal sex as a crime. Someone please find the comics dealing with this.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-11-2019 at 05:15 PM.