Page 586 of 744 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 11160

Agents of W #2 was hot. If Avengers had started like this, the first arc would have been better. Zub writes a good team book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Agents of W #2 was hot. If Avengers had started like this, the first arc would have been better. Zub writes a good team book.
    I have to disagree. This issue was basically a spotlight for spoilers:
    Fat Cobra
    end of spoilers, who basically took down the bad guy (who, I may add, used to be a serious threat) single-handedly with a deus ex machina power that I'm pretty sure has never been seen before.

Meanwhile, everyone else pretty much did nothing of note. T'Challa's "feats" amounted to spoilers:
    calling Thor for help
    end of spoilers.

Oh, wait. No. he also spoilers:
    threw a kick
    end of spoilers! That changes EVERYTHING!

Man y'all making me torn here. I'll read it and give my two cent in a bit

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Fat Cobra
    end of spoilers, who basically took down the bad guy (who, I may add, used to be a serious threat) single-handedly with a deus ex machina power that I'm pretty sure has never been seen before.

Meanwhile, everyone else pretty much did nothing of note. T'Challa's "feats" amounted to spoilers:
    calling Thor for help
    end of spoilers.

threw a kick
    This was my initial thoughts on the issue as well.

Fat Cobra

calling Thor for help
    end of spoilers.

threw a kick
    None of that means the issue isn't good. I said when this got announced I was expecting Tchalla to be a YJ Batman type character.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-16-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, dude cones off on some pretentious nonsense in there. Lol at the point where he is saying fans don't want to see T'Challa as some power fantasy. Dude is the king of the most technologically advanced nation on earth. And fights above his weight class consistently using his genius, fighting prowess and tech.. but folks don't want a power fantasy? He thinks THIS, what he's been doing for the past 3 years is what people want? This is going to be remembered as incredible??

Nah man. This interview is funny as isht because he is such a frakking hypocrite
    Yeah, hindsight is something else. Panther gets a good showing in Civil War and his own movie, but no one really wants to see Panther portrayed like other heroes. To due that would be inauthentic artistically. Write past the fans. Whatever Coates lol.

Yeah, dude cones off on some pretentious nonsense in there. Lol at the point where he is saying fans don't want to see T'Challa as some power fantasy. Dude is the king of the most technologically advanced nation on earth. And fights above his weight class consistently using his genius, fighting prowess and tech.. but folks don't want a power fantasy? He thinks THIS, what he's been doing for the past 3 years is what people want? This is going to be remembered as incredible??

Nah man. This interview is funny as isht because he is such a frakking hypocrite
    I wouldn't even give him that much credit. Coates is nothing me than faux-woke phoney getting a check to simp-out the most high profile black male hero in comics medium. It's all the more funny when his narrative of the character is contradicted by the movie and every other written depiction that is currently out here. As of now his status of Panther trash writer is lower than Mayberry. ...Only due to the fact Coates should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I wouldn't even give him that much credit. Coates is nothing me than faux-woke phoney getting a check to simp-out the most high profile black male hero in comics medium. It's all the more funny when his narrative of the character is contradicted by the movie and every other written depiction that is currently out here. As of now his status of Panther trash writer is lower than Mayberry. ...Only due to the fact Coates should know better.
    Can’t be better said Roy Thomas level ish.

So inread AoW.. I dunno i liked it. It was a good team issue and it had sone okay showings for T'Challa. Way better than anything in his Solo and on par with guest appearances. spoilers:
    not going to lie, i do wish we saw Wakandan tech hit sentry instead of Thor since this book is supposed to be about AoW doing missions avengers can't buy can look past that
    end of spoilers

I don't know anything about fat Cobra some maybe my fellow brotheren can explain spoilers:
    cobras ability we saw
    end of spoilers to me since it didn't seem too bad and it's not as though it was an actual take down like I was expecting

And and BoG you missed two other feats T'Challa had spoilers:
    a second kick and he dodged a punch from sentry which I think is alright in my book
    end of spoilers

Honestly I'll keep reading it and see what else comes up. I don't expect T'Challa to take over the book as much as I would love that, as long as he is front and center and on command in interested in what comes up. I think the arcs and team is small enough that everyone will get their own focused arc of it lasts to 12 issues

Fat Cobra

calling Thor for help
    end of spoilers.

threw a kick

Facts Spotlight that would be better served going to either be P or someone actually directly connected to the myths ( Shuri, QDJ, S’Yan, Zuri,any non TNC created characters. I don’t have much interest in Fat Coba or any JA others favs.

Fat Cobra

calling Thor for help
    end of spoilers.

threw a kick

Facts Spotlight that would be better served going to either be P or someone actually directly connected to the myths ( Shuri, QDJ, S’Yan, Zuri,any non TNC created characters. I don’t have much interest in Fat Coba or any JA others favs.

I don't know anything about fat Cobra some maybe my fellow brotheren can explain spoilers:
    cobras ability we saw
    end of spoilers to me since it didn't seem too bad and it's not as though it was an actual take down like I was expecting
    Fat Cobra is the Immortal Weapon of Peng Lai (like Iron Fist is of K'un L'un) so all of his powers derive from ch'i manipulation. Usually, though, it's been expressed as more creative ways to beat people up (again, like IF). This trick, AFAIK, is new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Here is the link to the original article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/ta-nehisi-co...her-1786632598

Attachment 88314

The article was basically Coates response to fans complaining about what he's doing to the BP mythos. Re-reading it now in hindsight, you can see Coates' hypocrisy in full display.

When BP fans wanted him to display T'Challa right, he considered it them wanting there "black male machismo". But, when he writes Cap correctly, it's as if that just the natural order of things. And he's supposed to be this "woke pro-black" writer.
    The link's not working my bro.

Fat Cobra is the Immortal Weapon of Peng Lai (like Iron Fist is of K'un L'un) so all of his powers derive from ch'i manipulation. Usually, though, it's been expressed as more creative ways to beat people up (again, like IF). This trick, AFAIK, is new.
    Ah i see. Well it doesn't seem too absurd os why I asked. It seems kinda like something feasible which gave a logical tool for the situation. But thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Here is the link to the original article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/ta-nehisi-co...her-1786632598

Attachment 88314

The article was basically Coates response to fans complaining about what he's doing to the BP mythos. Re-reading it now in hindsight, you can see Coates' hypocrisy in full display.

When BP fans wanted him to display T'Challa right, he considered it them wanting there "black male machismo". But, when he writes Cap correctly, it's as if that just the natural order of things. And he's supposed to be this "woke pro-black" writer.
    Hmm, "subverting black male machismo" Coates said that in another io9 article about a book he wrote a couple of months ago. His first fiction novel about a super powered slave. Granted I haven't read a lot of Black Panther, but T'Challa never struck me as a super macho type. A leader? Yes. Confident and sure of himself? Yes. Hyper-Masculine? No. Wolverine all day, but not T'Challa. Wasn't Coates supposed to be writing a Storm solo? Or did they axe that when Hickman came back?