Page 362 of 744 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'll acknowledge it when she is no longer part of the Xmen mythos. And Tchalla gets equal praise from characters in his own book that she does.
    Really, if the BP writer and marvel decide that Storm is a part of his mythos then she is. You can not like like it, or even pretend that she's not but really it's right there in the books.

They were married, and they are a couple as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Yeah Storm is part of BP mythos its time for both sides to acknowledge that fact
    You dont get to treat the titular hero from a different franchise like garbage and shade throw, hook up with a bunch of characters from your franchise, talk isht about said titular hero in other franchise, then turn around when your franchise treats you like trash to try and get into the mythos that actually tried to give meaningful development. I don't know why writer's or fans think that's somehow okay and that Storm deserves to be apart of the mythos. Especially when they have been broken up as long as they were married just about.

And I'm pretty sure just because a writer tries to say something doesn't mean isht. Coates tried to get rid of the monarch and yet the rest of the mu ignores it same with claiming her godhood and all the other dumb stuff that everyone is ignoring.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-23-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, if the BP writer and marvel decide that Storm is a part of his mythos then she is. You can not like like it, or even pretend that she's not but really it's right there in the books.

That is why my sentence starts with "I'll acknowledge it".

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Such a huge missed opportunity among others that unfortunately plagued the ultimates book. So much potential out of that book to see some truly wild and crazy things, and to really cut loose, but unfortunately it got saddled down events, being a stealth Galactus book, and then just being too tame and afraid to really let the characters unleash their true Power
    I agree. It was a disservice to not show this feat's details of how this deity has been subdued by the king of Wakanda. Idem for the melee between Black Panther and Black Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I agree. It was a disservice to not show this feat's details of how this deity has been subdued by the king of Wakanda. Idem for the melee between Black Panther and Black Dwarf.
    In the least they did show T'Challa beating Legos, which is arguably the bigger feat. Beating the Tiger God was just a means achieving that end. Granted it was a somewhat abstract battle because combat was a metaphor or something like that... but hey, a win is a win.

Seriously the fact that Hickman didn't show T'Challa beating BD was the excuse the Russo's needed to not have him get the kill in IW and instead have him get killed off in a lame way by banner then again by getting stepped on on endgame.. like... WTF? Could of been so much cooler

In the least they did show T'Challa beating Legos, which is arguably the bigger feat. Beating the Tiger God was just a means achieving that end. Granted it was a somewhat abstract battle because combat was a metaphor or something like that... but hey, a win is a win.
    A win is a win, we are in an agreement on that, but their last panel together gives me the vibe that their battle was as straightforward like the video shown below.

Meanwhile, during T'Challa's clash against Mephisto, it was explained that the longer he remains on earth the more of his power will wane, thus allowing the king to claw on him at his leisure. Overall, I am not losing sleep on the matter, however writers shoud be careful on what they choose to put off-screen.

Incredible Member

Shuri basically cancelled

A win is a win, we are in an agreement on that, but their last panel together gives me the vibe that their battle was as straightforward like the video shown below.

Meanwhile, during T'Challa's clash against Mephisto, it was explained that the longer he remains on earth the more of his power will wane, thus allowing the king to claw on him at his leisure. Overall, I am not losing sleep on the matter, however writers shoud be careful on what they choose to put off-screen.
    I don't feel all that bad about not seeing the fight with the Tiger God. It probably wasn't that good a fight. Fights against gods and such usually involve plot devices or whatever.

Unlike the Black Dwarf fight, which probably would have been cool. That one I would have wanted to see. I sort of wish for big events we got a seperate book just to see some of the fights. We sort of got that in AvX back in the day. The execution was sort of lame, but in principal having a seperate book just to see the fights that don't have the space in the main book to really get fleshed out is cool.

I agree, sometimes it's okay to leave stuff out, however, considering Ultimates had almost nothing in terms of action despite the firepower of the team, it would of been cool to see how T'Challa beat TTG. Sure he could of used a plot device, but just like when he fought TPG in Gillis run, when he outsmarted it by using the techno jungle

Ultimate Member

How has any of this benefited Storm?

The books still say Black Panther and Shuri.

Trades sales will show Black Panther & Shuri.

Same with Batman & Outsiders & Hal Jordan & TGLC-it does not matter who is in the book-because the COVER says whose book it is.

If you have to come to a Black Panther book for a decent Storm-how does that benefit the franchise that she is from??? Because anyone reading those books will see how badly she is done and that does not help that franchise. That already has issues with black folks (especially black males).

It seems that Coates decided it and everyone else does not care.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Same with Batman & Outsiders & Hal Jordan & TGLC-it does not matter who is in the book-because the COVER says whose book it is.

If you have to come to a Black Panther book for a decent Storm-how does that benefit the franchise that she is from??? Because anyone reading those books will see how badly she is done and that does not help that franchise. That already has issues with black folks (especially black males).

The simple fact that she's used in more books and stories benefits Storm and her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Exactly. Therefore release T'Challa from this squatter and let him move on. Seriously the build up in this season with Nunakia was completely ruined and stupid because Coates decided he MUST be shackled to Storm. Nunakia was the perfect transition to MCU Nakia without all the baggage of the old, especially since the old one died. But due to already committing to the Doomed relationship again it was brought up, teased and dropped and ended up being a waste of panel space instead of a nice setup for a competent LI

Oh, Bast... not THIS again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Oh, Bast... not THIS again.
    Fun times right? Always weird how some "Black Panther" fans never show up unless someone else is in the book lol. Not even sly about it.

Fantastic Four #548
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html