Page 219 of 744 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What happened to the HSH?

Who is the new leader of the Border tribe?

Giving Ramonda something to do

How is Wakanda leaders reacting to outsiders?

What is the Wakanda Outreach Center up to?

How are other world leaders reacting to an African super power?

I mean, come on. If Black Panther was just "eh it was alright," made like 700 million, 70% RT score type of thing, sure, introduce a spark like Storm to shake things up.

But it wasn't. People loved it. Why mess it up?
    Probably bc they don't care about the franchise lol and just want to use it as a stepping stone for their own agenda. They know it and we know it; we're just playing nice about it because this is a kid friendly message board. What other reason explains why it's a "problem" if T'Challa is "shoehorned" into Avengers End Game but oh by all means, shoehorn in Namor, Storm, Dr. Doom, etc..!

BP 1 got so many open plot lines (intentionally left for the sequels) and so many in-franchise supporting characters and villains that still need to get off the bench, that we at standing room only. 1 of those 3 will get 1 of the 2 credit scenes, i imagine.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I would like for BP 2 to focus more on T'Challa. The first movie was a bit too crowded, imo.
    Yup. All those open plot lines really compounds an important observation of the first movie: that T'Challa felt like the least interesting character for a number of movie goers... especially compared to Civil War in which he was a 3rd cog but was arguably the most beloved character... bc of a noble but ruthless ******* like depiction and swag that got ppl hyped for his solo movie off rip

Now personally i thought Chadwick gave an acting clinic in the role he was given but i *get* the critic and i feel he did sacrifice a few things to allow Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, and Erik to shine more. I was at peace with that but with the caveat that I expect things to correct itself to being more about T'Challa getting to shine, now that the supporting cast is set.

BP2 needs to double down on BP.
    Black Panther vs Thor

What happened to the HSH?

Who is the new leader of the Border tribe?

Giving Ramonda something to do

How is Wakanda leaders reacting to outsiders?

What is the Wakanda Outreach Center up to?

How are other world leaders reacting to an African super power?

I mean, come on. If Black Panther was just "eh it was alright," made like 700 million, 70% RT score type of thing, sure, introduce a spark like Storm to shake things up.

But it wasn't. People loved it. Why mess it up?
    That's like asking why mess up Captain America Civil War by introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man. Using other characters only messes things up if it ends up messing things up. And again, on the occasions marvel has done this, it's worked pretty well for the most part.

Yes, if you can only do good movies by telling completely self contained movies without any other characters then I guess that's what you need to do (though it's questionable whether or not you should be working in the MCU if that's the case). But given marvels track record, if they do it they'll make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yup. All those open plot lines really compounds an important observation of the first movie: that T'Challa felt like the least interesting character for a number of movie goers... especially compared to Civil War in which he was a 3rd cog but was arguably the most beloved character... bc of a noble but ruthless ******* like depiction and swag that got ppl hyped for his solo movie off rip

Now personally i thought Chadwick gave an acting clinic in the role he was given but i *get* the critic and i feel he did sacrifice a few things to allow Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, and Erik to shine more. I was at peace with that but with the caveat that I expect things to correct itself to being more about T'Challa getting to shine, now that the supporting cast is set.

BP2 needs to double down on BP.
    whoa whoa whoa whoa... you want Black Panther 2 to focus on... the Black Panther?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

whoa whoa whoa whoa... you want Black Panther 2 to focus on... the Black Panther?
    Black Panther vs Thor

Then, IMO,... give him the keys to X franchise.

Russos went from TWS, CW, Avengers, Avengers.

Let Coogler do BP, BP2, X-men, BP3
    I think Coogler is better suited for the next big Avenger film, even if that's AvX or something racist Doom-related.

They're not gonna give BP any major "shoehorning" until BP3 at best, like they did with Cap 3 and Thor 3. And mind you, MCU BP got a **** ton more characters than MCU Cap could ever dream of (Cap needed all the help after First Avenger)... and after 2 movies MCU Thor's cast weren't landing outside of Loki, so Odinson needed all the help he could get in Thor 3.

It's obvious Feige gon leave Coogler alone to try his Nolan trilogy run with his oscar nominated first film. Otherwise it'd be like telling Nolan after TDK that he needs to throw in Superman and Wonder Woman in TDKR because "bigger is better! adfjafmam!!!" Well, hopefully BP 2 is better than TDKR... but you get my point.

Ppl should be having this same energy when it comes to shoehorning BP into End Game
    Black Panther vs Thor

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought BP was balanced and the focus did center on him. how are you concluding otherwise?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought BP was balanced and the focus did center on him. how are you concluding otherwise?
    I disagree, for his first solo it had too much going on imo and I still feel like BP got overshadowed by KM with them trying (unsuccessfully) again imo to imitate Heath Ledgers performance in TDK. That BP didn’t feel like the badass I read in the books, no offense to fans but I wasn’t satisfied with the film.

Then, IMO,... give him the keys to X franchise.

Russos went from TWS, CW, Avengers, Avengers.

Let Coogler do BP, BP2, X-men, BP3
    After BP I would vote against that I want Whedon back...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    After BP I would vote against that I want Whedon back...
    Nah.

He couldn't even save JL.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 03-21-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I disagree, for his first solo it had too much going on imo and I still feel like BP got overshadowed by KM with them trying (unsuccessfully) again imo to imitate Heath Ledgers performance in TDK. That BP didn’t feel like the badass I read in the books, no offense to fans but I wasn’t satisfied with the film.
    While I certainly believe Killmonger was handled well, I don't agree he overshadowed BP. If anything I think Killmonger creates some nice parallels and contrasts which allow you to appreciate Tchalla as a character more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Nah.

He couldn't even save JL.
    Nothing could save JLA at that point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I just read the latest West Coast Avengers.

Every new black character is Wakandan now

I bet you Aaron's T'Challa knows about them and keeps tabs

Too bad the book is being cancelled and most marvel writers suck to ever follow-up with this subplot or do anything incredible with these children of Bast.

Take these two siblings, the bad attitude bear cub chick, N'Kano, QDJ (the REAL QDJ), and Shuri (the REAL Shuri ) and form our own YJW (Young Justice Wakanda) aka the BP-clan
    What do you think is gonna happen if (or when) one of Miles Morales's, or Riri Williams's, or even Peter Parker's classmates gets revealed as having familial ties to Wakanda? Or Prowler (since he's coming back in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man) gets that vibranium upgrade like Cardiac? Or Tilda "Nightshade" Johnson finally cracks the code to synthesizing a Heart-Shaped Herb-derivative formula?
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 03-21-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can't wait to see how they introduce Doctor Doom in the first X-Men film. That's how it works, right?
    Last edited by DigiCom; 03-21-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What do you think is gonna happen if (or when) one of Miles Morales's, or Riri Williams's, or even Peter Parker's classmates gets revealed as having familial ties to Wakanda? Or Prowler (since he's coming back in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man) gets that vibranium upgrade like Cardiac? Or Tilda "Nightshade" Johnson finally cracks the code to synthesizing a Heart-Shaped Herb-derivative formula?

African-American heroes are being put to extinction, outsourced by Wakandans

Granted i'm Afrikan so i'm not particularly bothered but i'm not tone-deaf to what's happening!
    Black Panther vs Thor