Page 384 of 744 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 11160

The sequel should put a scene where his enhanced senses could be prominently of use.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think its important to not have T'Challa as passive in the sequel. In the first movie it was understandable. He just lost his father, just accepted a new role as king, him being unsure was a perfect contrast to Killmonger.

However, we need to see the thought provoking, chess master, and in complete control T'Challa. The last film set it up. However, for the greater good of the character gotta figure out ways to highlight T'Challa without giving away so many of his strengths to others. (Still make the side characters great too. That was a major selling point for the film.)
    Passive?
    In what way?
    Of course he was passive at first when it came to Killmonger..
    He was about to kill Klaue and he did beat the **** out of human traffickers

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh god, haven't seen those images in ages. Well played Ezyo, well played

Well, the first thing I think about when a movie makes a billion is, "ok, how are we gonna get rid of the lead for the sequel?"

There are a lot of true, T'challa the Black Panther fans. But most of us are just sitting back waiting for an announcement or news or something. Patient waiting, quietly.

But there are also a good number of loud:

1. unfans
    2. people who see the franchise as a way to prop up their favorite black character (Storm folks, Coates)
    3. people who see T'challa as a way to prop up their favorite female black character (Okoye, Shuri, Storm folks, Coates)
    4. people who see the franchise as a way to prop upt their favorite character who might not get a movie ever (Doom, Namor folks)
    5. people with weird political positions who can't stand an alpha black male as a lead and want to tear it down as fast as possible (Coates lol)

They masquerade as fans fo the character but everything they say and do point otherwise. He is simply the biggest POC comic character ever and want him to drag up everyone else up the mountain.

Hopefully/Fortunately, the people who actually make money off the character really only care about money lol. Which is why all the merch surrounds T'challa, Endgame had a tchalla scene forced in, T'challa was one fo the first oens out of the portal, T'challa is in the MUA, ect.

I really don't think Disney is rollin in all this sweet cash from a demographic they didn't have a strangle hold in, and is gonna turn around and go, "lol nvm." Because no matter how "progressive" people wanna pretend kids are... ain't no boy dressing as Black Panther Shuri for Halloween lol.

Plus, once again, they gave Shuri one of the T'chalal core traits (intelligence) just so she would actually have something to do instead of "sit around to be queen one day." She has a role
    Lol sometimes isht gets so ridiculous here people gotta be reminded of what's real, luckily Namor and Tchalla will always be able to out aside their differences to laugh at these rumours to stop them i their tracks.

Yeah it's very clear that these people aren't down. No one was saying as soon as Cap showed up that they wanted to see Bucky take over or making article's about how their "sources" are telling them Cap is going away in his sequel.

And as flex puts it, Mickey "money" mouse ain't gonna drop their biggest hero in favor of side lining him for his sister just so that these lame ass sites can say hey I told ya so!

They look at the cash money, and ain't no way is their first to hit 700 milly domestic, Oscar winning, record shattering, hero is going to be pushed aside so his supporting cast member can take over. I'm down for Shuri getting some love. But this ain't the way to do it nor would Disney be dumb enough to attempt it

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Passive? He killed at least 7 people. Stabbing one directly in the heart. Jumped a group of human traffickers without giving them a chance to surrender. Got the answers from Zuri like a King. I think you're confusing passive with being nice around family members, which most people do. Because if yor're not nice around them, you're usually the villian.
    Bruh you being modest. He killed like 7 people within the first 10 minutes of the movie lol. The car chase he killed atleast 5, and homie in the dragon flyer definitely dead lol then Erik.

Incredible Member

The honest answer to that is that is pure rumor and speculation, because Mr. Coogler is just only in recent weeks sitting down at his keyboard and beginning to outline the movie," said Feige. "It’s early, so nothing is set yet in any way that far, because Mr. Coogler is sitting down and will share it with [producer] Nate Moore and myself in coming weeks."

Coogler is taking his time to make sure he gets Black Panther 2 just right, as he himself explained when it was announced he was returning to write and direct the movie. He spoke with IndieWire about the pressure of following up a critical and commercial blockbuster, hoping to live up to expectations.

But there are also a good number of loud:

1. unfans
    2. people who see the franchise as a way to prop up their favorite black character (Storm folks, Coates)
    3. people who see T'challa as a way to prop up their favorite female black character (Okoye, Shuri, Storm folks, Coates)
    4. people who see the franchise as a way to prop upt their favorite character who might not get a movie ever (Doom, Namor folks)
    5. people with weird political positions who can't stand an alpha black male as a lead and want to tear it down as fast as possible (Coates lol)

They masquerade as fans fo the character but everything they say and do point otherwise. He is simply the biggest POC comic character ever and want him to drag up everyone else up the mountain
    I'm curious, what are ya'll hoping for in the future sequels? (Besides T'challa being a bad-ass, which is a given)

Cause some of the stuff you're mentioning (Doom, Namor, Storm and one day Shuri BP) is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I'm curious, what are ya'll hoping for in the future sequels? (Besides T'challa being a bad-ass, which is a given)

Cause some of the stuff you're mentioning (Doom, Namor, Storm and one day Shuri BP) is exactly what I'm hoping for.
    Achebe, Mephisto, an adaptation of enemy of the state, energy dagger, t’challa being five steps ahead of his enemies, and hopefully kotd powers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BP 2- Movie exploring the political and global ramifications of what T'challa just did last movie (agreeing to help the world) and how T'challa navigates that.. .both globally and in Wakanda (traditionalists will not be pleased). That crown is still heavy and it is still hard to be a good man and a king. Show us that.

BP 3- Moving exploring the mythological aspects of Wakanda... aka how real is the Djalia and Bast? What about Haruman? Are their other pockets of Wakanda worshipping another god?

I want T'challa and Nakia married. I want W'kabi to redeem himself (noble sacrifice for the win).

No more depowering.

T'challa planning ahead a bit. I don't need Priest 10 steps ahead... but 3 steps is fine.

I mean really... let Coogler do his thing lol and refine the product a touch. With the cast being a touch smaller and not having to introduce as much stuff, not having T'challa die for 20 mins, there will be more time for T'challa to get more screen time.

Well... yeah lolol. Seems to fit your post history in here.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BP 2- Movie exploring the political and global ramifications of what T'challa just did last movie (agreeing to help the world) and how T'challa navigates that.. .both globally and in Wakanda (traditionalists will not be pleased). That crown is still heavy and it is still hard to be a good man and a king. Show us that.

BP 3- Moving exploring the mythological aspects of Wakanda... aka how real is the Djalia and Bast? What about Haruman? Are their other pockets of Wakanda worshipping another god?

I want T'challa and Nakia married. I want W'kabi to redeem himself (noble sacrifice for the win).

No more depowering.

T'challa planning ahead a bit. I don't need Priest 10 steps ahead... but 3 steps is fine.

I mean really... let Coogler do his thing lol and refine the product a touch. With the cast being a touch smaller and not having to introduce as much stuff, not having T'challa die for 20 mins, there will be more time for T'challa to get more screen time.
    Those are some cool ideas. Which villains/antagonists are you hoping for?

Those are some cool ideas. Which villains/antagonists are you hoping for?
    I've been on the Mephisto train from the beginning. Not gonna jump off until the announcement comes

Mephisto, Achebe, Moses Magnum, Namor (if pure villain ONLY), Zanda, Kiber the Cruel, Baron, Madam Slay all work.

Throw in side punchy villains like Death Tiger, Jakarra (monster form, not related to T'challa), Solomon Prey, Salamander Kruel, Sombre, Supremacists, Windeagle, ect

It is about adaptation, not a direct comic to movie. Sombre is ridiculous... Sombre as a re-imagined mercenary/assassin sent to assassinate T'challa while he is at the outreach center and a little girl gets killed, setting off some Enemy of the State/The Client ****... that'll do pig lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I've been on the Mephisto train from the beginning. Not gonna jump off until the announcement comes

Mephisto, Achebe, Moses Magnum, Namor (if pure villain ONLY), Zanda, Kiber the Cruel, Baron, Madam Slay all work.

Throw in side punchy villains like Death Tiger, Jakarra (monster form, not related to T'challa), Solomon Prey, Salamander Kruel, Sombre, Supremacists, Windeagle, ect
    Yeah that sounds dope. Mephisto/Achebe combo was what i was hoping after the first movie ended. Seems like you could naturally dovetail off the events of the last movie into a version of The Client story-line.

Oh well, guess we'll see. I have faith in Coogler so even if they announce that they were introducing the entire fantastic 4 in the next BP movie I'm sure he'd find a way to make it work.

Last edited by Pumbaa; 07-01-2019 at 06:55 AM.

So i had way too much free time today so I started thinking about Wakanda focused Disney+ shows i'd like to see. This would probably never happen in a thousand years, but I'm curious if BP fans would watch these:

Attachment 84008

So the first one is pretty self explanatory. Basically the opening to the BP movie as a show. I think a grounded fantasy in the vein of a Game of Thrones (minus the adult content of course). But essentially a Fantasy show that doesn't lean too heavily on the fantasy(at first).

Bashenga, born into a tribe at war, receives a calling from the Panther Goddess Bast. He must leave his home in search of an item of immense power, which could be enough to end the fighting, unite the tribes and birth a nation.

The next one is inspired by one of my favorite episodes of the animated series:

Attachment 84009

Yemandi, could be a Pirates of the Caribbean meets Treasure Planet type show. light hearted steam punk/ period piece aesthetic.

No idea what the story could be, but some kinda fun treasure hunt/ romp around the world.

I'd like to see their religion addressed, cause I'm just curious about Bast. The Asgardians aren't really gods... they're just highly advanced aliens. I'm wondering if the same is true for Bast, or if she actually is a god.