Page 120 of 744 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 11160

In what backwards universe would Carol Danvers ever rank above T'Challa, Cyclops, and Captain America?

Dang Marvel is trying to push their Captain Marvel, Carol is the greatest super hero ever, fiction hard.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Marvel released a top 10 leaders of the MU and T’Challa was ranked 6th under Wasp, Fury, Professor X, Captain America, and Captain Marvel.

I don't entire agree with the order (Cyclops is a little low, Xavier and Carol are a little high), but the people on the list are all solid choices. Pleasantly surprised Doom and Wasp made the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    In what backwards universe would Carol Danvers ever rank above T'Challa, Cyclops, and Captain America?

Dang Marvel is trying to push their Captain Marvel, Carol is the greatest super hero ever, fiction hard.
    I find it interesting to say the least that some characters they didn't list what teams they lead (or currently lead) and some they went into plenty of detail. But whatever, those list aren't based on any kind of factual data

If you lead a team a book no one reads, does it really count?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Just had to be that guy that takes alllll the fun out the lego store huh? Not every white guy posts on the Marvel Studios reddit y'know!

(Don't worry BoG, i got your back )
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of that SNL episode where Chadwick hosted and they did a skit where these fans were coming out of seeing Black Panther and the white ones kept doing an awful version of the Wakanda salute to the side-eye of the black fans and Chadwick .
    My wife, who had the more objective view, said he may have been slightly mentally handicapped

Then I felt doubly bad lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

My thoughts exactly. Shuri (written before the MCU) had the potential to be a leader that Wakanda actually needs. While also freeing T’Challa to play superhero. Her inclusion is a win win.
    I'd personally rather just let T'challa be king and superhero like he was originally designed and let people fret about "why isn't tchalla in wakanda" every event, shrug, and then move on lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd personally rather just let T'challa be king and superhero like he was originally designed and let people fret about "why isn't tchalla in wakanda" every event, shrug, and then move on lol
    The problem stems from when actual Wakandan in the actual books start saying "why isn't T'Challa in Wakanda." Readers can use suspension of disbelief only so long as the story is suspending it. Once writers like Hudlin and Coates make it a plot point on panel, it legitimately raises the question over whether or not at times he's maybe giving Wakanda less attention than he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Wakanda is not Africa.
    Wakanda is Wakanda.

They've made that clear to the world for ten thousand years.

If you guys had any clue what you missed by not seeing my second pitch for the series you'd riot.
    I feel like that's a silly interpretation of Wakanda.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The funny thing is, making Shuri BP/ruler doesn't solve anything for her.

She had that for like 6 years, and 4-5 of those years were just writers largely ignoring her because they wanted to use T'Challa anyway. Or worse, using her as a tool to amplify T'Challa's further deconstruction before promptly (if not literally) discarding her once they got T'Challa where they wanted him (Hickman).

That aside, there is no need to have someone else be ruler while T'Challa plays superhero. That's just a lazy narrative and questionable optics perpetuated by those uncomfortable with BP's expanded prominence in marvel.

What there is, is T'Challa having a solo book, and team books, and team-up books, and miniseries books, and event books because of his popularity. Newsflash peeps, popular characters get to be in several places at once lol. It ain't that serious
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I feel like that's a silly interpretation of Wakanda.
    How so?

Wakanda purposefully isolated itself from EVERYONE. Not just "non africans."

Wakanda only cares about Wakanda and pretty much always has outside of extreme circumstances until T'challa opened the country.

The funny thing is, making Shuri BP/ruler doesn't solve anything for her.

She had that for like 6 years, and 4-5 of those years were just writers largely ignoring her because they wanted to use T'Challa anyway. Or worse, using her as a tool to amplify T'Challa's further deconstruction before promptly (if not literally) discarding her once they got T'Challa where they wanted him (Hickman).

That aside, there is no need to have someone else be ruler while T'Challa plays superhero. That's just a lazy narrative and questionable optics perpetuated by those uncomfortable with BP's expanded prominence in marvel.

What there is, is T'Challa having a solo book, and team books, and team-up books, and miniseries books, and event books because of his popularity. Newsflash peeps, popular characters get to be in several places at once lol. It ain't that serious
    Popular characters also get a chance to drag their supporting characters into the limelight.

Having a supporting character around to take away from the main character in any shape, way, or form just limits the shine on everyone.

I'd also say the bigger issue at the time was that writers didn't feel comfortable telling stories in Wakanda because something about too many black people not being profitable. Hell, even Coates mentioned that Axiel Alfonso tried to persuade him from writing a BP story in Wakanda for those same reasons. In retrospect, it probably would've meant less **** to cleanup if Coates had listened to him... then again, this is Coates we're talking about... he would've found some way regardless... but i digress.

So it was don't put BP in Wakanda bc it wouldn't sell... but then if you don't it's bitch about why BP ain't in Wakanda. lol. Jesus

Moving foward, whether by Coates or the next writer, BP's solo stories will continue to take place in Wakanda, while his adventuring/teamups with other popular characters will occur in them other books.
    Black Panther vs Thor

How so?

Wakanda only cares about Wakanda and pretty much always has outside of extreme circumstances until T'challa opened the country.

Popular characters also get a chance to drag their supporting characters into the limelight.

Having a supporting character around to take away from the main character in any shape, way, or form just limits the shine on everyone.
    There can be a net gain in giving supporting characters an opportunity to shine. We've seen Stark step aside to give Rhodney a bit of spotlight, and Steve step aside to give Sam some. And it worked out in the end.

As harsh as it was to dethrone and depower T'Challa, the end was result was him gaining a supporting character who actually mattered. People like Zuri or Ramonda or even Okoye can easily be sidelined, but Hudlin positioned Shuri in a way where she couldn't be entirely ignored and I think the mythos benefitted greatly from it. T'Challa is a better character now because he has another character who people actually give a damn about in his mythos that he can play off of. I don't think we realized just how much he needed Shuri until we got her, because she makes a world of difference in the movies and cartoons. They would not be the same without her.

How so?

I don't really get into these types of back n forths bc it becomes hella subjective lol. Most (or a large number of) black and afrikan people consider Wakanda as "Afrika" (or an idealized Afrikan country), regardless of what anyone else here feels about the accuracy of that. That's the underlining marketing pitch of the movie lol.

For me, Nigerians can be pretty tribal and caring of only our own/tribe/countrymen/cultural ways as well... or so is the perception at times from ppl of other afrikan countries who find us arrogant and actin holier than tho (or whatever).. of course not to the extent of an extreme fantastical fictional afrikan country lol, but elements are there that always made me chuckle (and other times groan). Which is why i may view wakanda with different optics than a black american, who may view it different from a white, asian, hispanic, indian buddy. Idk.

Okoye just got a big time promotion because of T'Challa's popularity, and now look at the potential laid out for her. And not just message board potential where we throw wishful thinking at our imaginary e-board. And talkin it's some serious ish, that could even have MCU implications down the line.
    Black Panther vs Thor

And talkin it's some serious ish, that could even have MCU implications down the line.
    Agents of Wakanda movie incoming

The universe in which Carol was leader of Avengers and Alpha Flight,and High ranking in Military leadership and a Shield officer. Don't forget in actually pushing a character they actually narratively place the character in positions of importance. 616 universe she is pretty legit qualification wise, I don't necessarily agree with list But Marvel spent years artificially pushing Captain America or Cyclops down fans throat as "the leaders", I don't see difference now that they changed the flavor of who they are pushing. Are characters important because they are popular or they important because in universe it make sense? If I gave you choice between Captain America,Cyclops and Blue Marvel leading a team who would you pick? Lets not pretend company favorites haven't always been a thing.

I am enjoying this era Black Panther is the chairman of the Avengers and leader of basically Shield. I am all for different people shining , somebody might say in what backwards universe is T'Challa leading the Avengers with Captain America on the roster.

Agents of Wakanda movie incoming
    It honestly makes too much sense. At worst, they'll combine it with A team and have Okoye as the "Director".

She's on her way to the big time. She's already the Pippen to T'Challa's Jordan
    Black Panther vs Thor