Page 569 of 744 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 11160

My idea is that once the world found out about Tuanos, they organized the next BP tournament. Than Raymonda or a priest get a Vision from Bast that Tchalla will be back in five years so there continent with having Okoye run the military whole building up the resources for the coming fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not really. Okoye was still there and probably Raymond since they didn't say one way or the other. M'Baku was still there and joined the fight right away. All indications was that things were running as normal. Just with less people.
    I would certainly agree that there were no indicators of any significant problems. The Russia to their credit didn't paint Coogler into any sort of corner. The next BP movie can go on as if none of that happened.

All I'm saying is I'd Coolger were to decide to milk any of the Avenger movie problems, he can believable do so. We saw too little to really know for a fact if there were any major problems in a 5 year span.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Russos constantly ignore what came before their movies. Why cant Coogler do the same?

I'm good with whatever Coogler chooses. Because its Coogler. My point being that I trust he'll turn whatever idea he has into a good movie.

I'm sure if someone pitched the BP 1 idea to people there would be some upset.

1. T'Chaka kills his brother and disregards a half Wakandan.
    2. T'Challa loses Klaue and in the process loses the trust of a lot of Wakandans with his failure.
    3. Killmonger outwits and has more of an identity than T'Challa during the first movie.
    4. T'Challa will be missing for 15 to 20 mins of the movie after being thrown off a cliff.
    5. The women will be the most resourceful people in the nation and will simply move on once T'Challa is gone.
    6. Ross will gun down Wakandans.
    7. M'Baku would come save the day.

Its all about execution. Coogler is great at making it work...whatever he chooses.
    1 His brother aided in the theft of their nation's most valuable resource and the death of Wakandan life, and tried to kill a fellow Wakandan in front of his King. I'll give you the part about Erik.

2 he lost the trust of ONE Wakandan.

3 No he was simply a greatly developed villain and T'Challa played off his cast extremely well, and was way more multilayered then In CW and more capable. But Erik had information about him and Wakanda and in one day he found out the truth about his father and relatives. He wasn't outwitted.

4 allowed for that needed development for Erik, Nakia, and T'Challa to give the speech to his father and ancestors, and seal the alliance with mbaku.

5 I would hardly call it moving on, they were desperate. They were picking in their minds, the lesser of two evils. And define most resourceful? They were capable like characters should be instead of damsels in distress.

6 he took out two.

7 actually Okoye is the one who actually stopped wkabi. Mbaku got them out of a pinch. T'Challa got the kill on the main villain in a very decisive clear cut victory

I agree. It was the Priest version with a smooth transition using tradition. No riots, protests, or criminal enterprises. The same would happen after Tchalla got snapped. If they were fine before he became BP or King, they'll be fine afterwards. But people want to act like Tchalla is holding the country together by the fingernails. Excellence doesn't apply just to the royal family.
    I would say, priest aesthetics with Hudlins Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YES to a lot of folks that is very scary.

It's why you saw Rosewood and other black towns ruined along with the destruction of black communities in the 70s.

We are the only group who could not isolate ourselves and be self sufficient like our Asian & Latino brothers and sisters.
    It's funny tho that one of the (if not THE) whitest guys in the thread doesn't have a problem with showing Wakanda at its peak, and in fact argues for it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Certainly the first movie asked some complex questions. Though a movie about people wanting greater democracy and the right to elect rulers rather than having it decided in a fist fight next to a water fall potentially can be complex too, depending on the execution. I have faith that whatever Coogler does will be cool, so I'm not worried about it either way.
    They have been successful, more successful then the rest of the world of centuries under their leadership. This whole democracy is the best really makes no sense when you see what Wakanda was able to accomplish with that type of rule, and it foolishly leads on that that is the only right way to govern when it's not. And it's not going to resonate as well as the first movie and it would feel like a retread

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They have been successful, more successful then the rest of the world of centuries under their leadership. This whole democracy is the best really makes no sense when you see what Wakanda was able to accomplish with that type of rule, and it foolishly leads on that that is the only right way to govern when it's not. And it's not going to resonate as well as the first movie and it would feel like a retread
    Find me a person who wouldn't want the right to vote. That'll tell you why it makes sense. Wakandan would want the right to vote for the same reason you, I, and pretty much anyone else would.

Is it the only right way to govern? Not necessarily. Though Wakanda almost got dragged into a war with the rest of the planet based on their present system. So thats probably something fresh in everyones mind too.

Find me a person who wouldn't want the right to vote. That'll tell you why it makes sense. Wakandan would want the right to vote for the same reason you, I, and pretty much anyone else would.
    At the last US election, about 46% of the population. And that was a record low. Usually, about 50-55% of the population doesn't vote.

Is it the only right way to govern? Not necessarily. Though Wakanda almost got dragged into a war with the rest of the planet based on their present system. So thats probably something fresh in everyones mind too.
    If I get to live in Hudlins' Wakanda, I'll give up the right to vote. Already living in paradise.

But they have the right to vote, because they vote for their tribal council members.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

If I get to live in Hudlins' Wakanda, I'll give up the right to vote. Already living in paradise.

But they have the right to vote, because they vote for their tribal council members.
    If I had the chance to live in Hudlin's Wakanda, I too would give up the right to vote. I mean look at the last & current US presidential election lol

I'm not sure about Hudlin's Wakanda, but I'd definitely like Coogler's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    If I had the chance to live in Hudlin's Wakanda, I too would give up the right to vote. I mean look at the last & current US presidential election lol
    And thats whats nice about democracy. If you don't like the results of the current election, you can try again in 4 years. Its a lot easier that trying a coup against the US governemt (or Wakanda).

Course, fast foreward a couple years and that paradise wasn't quite ideal for a lot of people. Thats when I imagine the momentum for voting likely built up.

And thats whats nice about democracy. If you don't like the results of the current election, you can try again in 4 years. Its a lot easier that trying a coup against the US governemt (or Wakanda).
    Or you could train and study hard and beat him at the annual tournament.

Course, fast foreward a couple years and that paradise wasn't quite ideal for a lot of people. Thats when I imagine the momentum for voting likely built up.
    I said Hudlins' Wakanda not Mayberrys'. You didnt ask if we have to live out the continuity, I gave you the circumstance that I wouldn't need the right to vote.

Going to need a Marvel2100 gif if goal post moving.