Page 498 of 744 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    Was Avenger's Assemble a good show? Ive never seen it so I just don't know how I feel about that particular storyline, and frankly I'm no expert on Attuma. Could someone educate me on Avenger's Assemble and Attuma? Thanks.
    Avengers: Black Panther's Quest was excellent.

Attila was king of Atlantis in BP's Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

Seriously, tho: My big issue with using Namor as a villain is that it's entirely based on "Well, it happened in the comics!". It pre-supposes that MCU!Namor, when he appears, will be indistinguishable from the comics version, and his interactions with T'Chadwick will be identical to those in Hickman's run.

So, rather than telling a unique story (like _all_ of the other MCU films) it's asking for a fairly strict adaptation. And I seriously doubt that's what Coogler has in mind.

(You can say the same thing about Doom, BTW).
    Honestly, to me I doesn't matter what or how they MCU Namor when/if they intro him, I wouldn't want him as the villain in the BP2 movie.

I think Namor deserves his own solo movie personally, as he isn't really a super-villian. I fear pitting him against T'Challa would result in him being watered down (lol) to just a generic baddie. He is such a complex character with so much history that he deserves the spotlight. So much cooler than Aquaman.
    Even if Namor deserves a solo movie (assuming he can get one... not sure if there are any lingering issues with Universal or not like there were with Hulk), marvel still might debut Namor in another movie first. They did it with Black Panther and Spider-Man, and that seemed to worked pretty well.

No to Namor, and I don't think he'd be watered down, quite the opposite I'd expect him to clown BP until the final 15 minutes.

No, just...no. BP has a huge rogue's gallery so importing villains seems odd to me. Namor can get his shine somewhere else. In fact the beef they have in the comics doesn't have to be in the movies, at all, frankly.

Namor has been rumored for Black Panther II for some time now, most likely as the antagonist. I really didn't believe it for fear of rights complications with universal keeping this from happening, but since we can get a she-hulk tv show I think it's safe to say we could get Namor. So I ask you, Black Panther fans, would you want Namor as the villian? Love it, hate it, just tell me how you feel about this one. looking forward to hearing your thoughts, and as always, Praise be Feige.
    Rather not. He's a better antagonistic dick head sidekick than a solo hero or villain.

IF IF IF he is, only as a villain, none of this misunderstood fight turning into buddies. F all that, if he is the villain, he dies likt he rest of the MCU villains.

There isn't enough time in one movie to continue to flesh out T'challa, Wakanda, Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, M'baku, Ramonda, W'kabi and to a lesser extent Ross... and introduce a fleshed out Atlantis and Namor.

If he is a villain, you don't really have to flesh him out much. If he is being manipulated into fight... you have to flesh him out so people care AND you still have to leave time for the true vilalin.

Ends up being a rushed, crappy mess.

No thanks. Waste of a BP sequel and a waste of Namor.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Rather not. He's a better antagonistic dick head sidekick than a solo hero or villain.

IF IF IF he is, only as a villain, none of this misunderstood fight turning into buddies. F all that, if he is the villain, he dies likt he rest of the MCU villains.

There isn't enough time in one movie to continue to flesh out T'challa, Wakanda, Nakia, Okoye, Shuri, M'baku, Ramonda, W'kabi and to a lesser extent Ross... and introduce a fleshed out Atlantis and Namor.

If he is a villain, you don't really have to flesh him out much. If he is being manipulated into fight... you have to flesh him out so people care AND you still have to leave time for the true vilalin.

Ends up being a rushed, crappy mess.

No thanks. Waste of a BP sequel and a waste of Namor.
    Agreed 100%, not to mention we should get MORE of Wakanda, not split time between Wakanda and introducing Atlantis and getting a feel of that place.

I think Namor deserves his own solo movie personally, as he isn't really a super-villian. I fear pitting him against T'Challa would result in him being watered down (lol) to just a generic baddie. He is such a complex character with so much history that he deserves the spotlight. So much cooler than Aquaman.
    Actually i think putting namor against T'Challa would have a bigger negative affect on T'Challa and Wakanda. Because we know namor is more anti hero, he won't be killed. So he would get to run amok in wakanda (or at least an option to promote him as a threat) and tchadwick wouldn't be able to kill him because he is neither a rogue of his or an actual villain. Its casuals fan casting this because they think they marvel will actually go the comic route and they want to see wakanda get flooded or some isht while still having namor come out relatively unhurt

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Actually i think putting namor against T'Challa would have a bigger negative affect on T'Challa and Wakanda. Because we know namor is more anti hero, he won't be killed. So he would get to run amok in wakanda (or at least an option to promote him as a threat) and tchadwick wouldn't be able to kill him because he is neither a rogue of his or an actual villain. Its casuals fan casting this because they think they marvel will actually go the comic route and they want to see wakanda get flooded or some isht while still having namor come out relatively unhurt

They want to see Wakanda get knocked down a peg or two and the person who does it get away with it, as in not die. I hope this isn't even on the menu or if it is Coogler is fighting it tooth and nail.

Not killing Namor is no big deal though. T'Challa didn't end up killing Zemo or Klaw, even though he wanted to. He did kill Killmonger, but was actually willing to spare him... Killmonger just wanted to die. We've seen him show that same tendency at the end of Panthers Quest too.

Actually i think putting namor against T'Challa would have a bigger negative affect on T'Challa and Wakanda.
    If he isn't pure villain, that is exactly what will happen and exactly what unfans want.

Namor's PURPOSE as a villain is the drown the Golden City... which unfans don't even realized is fully landlocked in the MCU lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not killing Namor is no big deal though. T'Challa didn't end up killing Zemo or Klaw, even though he wanted to. He did kill Killmonger, but was actually willing to spare him... Killmonger just wanted to die. We've seen him show that same tendency at the end of Panthers Quest too.
    Except for it is a big deal. Tchadwick couldn't kill zemo for two reasons. 1 dude wanted to die do he would be giving him what he wanted, second again, he isn't a BP rogue so he ain't going to get the kill. Had zemo wanted to live and instead tried to shoot T'Challa, he still wouldn't of killed him for reason number 2.

Klaw was to go a different route and use him as Erik's access to wakanda so it made sense. You throw namor in as an anti villain then he can't die because it will be the whole misunderstanding which leads to precious time being fleshed out to him instead of BP cast. Make him a hero and you get the same result. Make him a pure villain and he either dies (unlikely and whst was the point instead of using BP rogues) or he lives on some bullisht reason and T'Challa and Wakanda look bad.

So yeah it's a big deal, luckily many of us here know the implications of such a thing were to happen and it's likely coogler also ain't on that kool-aid

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If he isn't pure villain, that is exactly what will happen and exactly what unfans want.

Namor's PURPOSE as a villain is the drown the Golden City... which unfans don't even realized is fully landlocked in the MCU lol
    Yeah, most anyone talking about wanting Namor in a BP movie is most likely thinking about what happened in AvX.

They sure as heck aren't thinking about what happened in Flags of our Fathers.

Except for it is a big deal. Tchadwick couldn't kill zemo for two reasons. 1 dude wanted to die do he would be giving him what he wanted, second again, he isn't a BP rogue so he ain't going to get the kill. Had zemo wanted to live and instead tried to shoot T'Challa, he still wouldn't of killed him for reason number 2.

Klaw was to go a different route and use him as Erik's access to wakanda so it made sense. You throw namor in as an anti villain then he can't die because it will be the whole misunderstanding which leads to precious time being fleshed out to him instead of BP cast. Make him a hero and you get the same result. Make him a pure villain and he either dies (unlikely and whst was the point instead of using BP rogues) or he lives on some bullisht reason and T'Challa and Wakanda look bad.

So yeah it's a big deal, luckily many of us here know the implications of such a thing were to happen and it's likely coogler also ain't on that kool-aid
    I don't think T'Challa or Wakanda looked all that bad not killing Zemo or Klaw, so I don't think it would be an issue with Namor. Most audience people are frankly used to seeing heroes not kill the villain if it isn't necessary. He showed mercy in Panthers Quest, and I don't think he or Wakanda particularly looked that bad there. So I think it'll be fine either way. Audience is probably used to that sort of thing by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, most anyone talking about wanting Namor in a BP movie is most likely thinking about what happened in AvX.

I think a big portion of the appeal of Namor and Doom showing up in the same movie as BP is the whole King alliance we saw in Priest. There's something cool about the Kings of the MCU interacting. Maybe they can throw BLack Bolt in there too if he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Hell, they ain't even talking about the conclusion of that war. You know, where Wakanda decimated Atlantis so bad, Proxima came by and was like "yo wtf happened here LOLOL" and Namor... NAMOR of all people, took the L so hard he risked the world to send the Black Order to Wakanda.

That... that is the Namor they want lol? The defeated, bitch made on his knees crying, traitor?

There article, website people, and fake fans ain't talking about Priest, they ain't talking about the Hudlin respect, ain't talking about the Flags stuff, they are talking about 2 scans and then they have no memory or care what happened after.