Page 610 of 744 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how Coates thinks that would make some 10 year old excited.
    hes basically telling young boys "You ain't isht but a mopey incompetent fool who relies on everyone else to get stuff done for you and are simply a failure and abuser of power"

Like WTF kinda deflated, and defeated mindset is he trying to inspire? A Black man shown as powerful and able to handle his business is toxic? Masculinity is bad? Like he is selling the idea that a powerful Black man is something to fear just like how society does the same thing in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    So you had 2 leaders of a 5 man team. A team which consisted of Monica frankly had more experience leading teams than everyone else in the room combined, while MAC had by far the most experience dealing with multiversal problems.

Basically this team had no leader, and didn't need one. If Ewing was trying to sell the idea that it did then yeah... he didn't do a very good job.
    pretty sure leading a Warrior nation Trump's leading teams but whatever you need to tell yourself. And yeah that's exactly how Ewing pitched in the interviews. T'Challa snd Carol were co leaders, we will see them butt heads, this is the ultimate team to take on ultimate threats yada yada none of it actually happened that way

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    pretty sure leading a Warrior nation Trump's leading teams but whatever you need to tell yourself. And yeah that's exactly how Ewing pitched in the interviews. T'Challa snd Carol were co leaders, we will see them butt heads, this is the ultimate team to take on ultimate threats yada yada none of it actually happened that way
    Being a political leader is not the same thing as leading a super hero team. Which isn't to say that T'Challa isn't qualified at both... he definately is. Just saying that Monica has the MOST experience at leading a super hero team in the group. The fact that she's a very experienced field leader isn't something she necessarily gets as much credit for as she should.

But I'll say again, if the idea was that T'Challa and Carol were the leaders and the rest were supposed to operate under them that wasn't conveyed well. Again, a group that small with the skill set they had didn't need co-leaders to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how Coates thinks that would make some 10 year old excited.
    Imagine making a comic book about a superhero warrior king with access to any tech you want to dream up... boring. HOW?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Being a political leader is not the same thing as leading a super hero team. Which isn't to say that T'Challa isn't qualified at both... he definately is. Just saying that Monica has the MOST experience at leading a super hero team in the group. The fact that she's a very experienced field leader isn't something she necessarily gets as much credit for as she should.

But I'll say again, if the idea was that T'Challa and Carol were the leaders and the rest were supposed to operate under them that wasn't conveyed well. Again, a group that small with the skill set they had didn't need co-leaders to begin with.
    Good thing he isn't just a political leader and nothing else. You know being a WARRIOR king, and has lead his nation against armies (superpowered armies) and other superpowered foes before. But good to know you are fully willing to reduce him down to simply a political leader.

hes basically telling young boys "You ain't isht but a mopey incompetent fool who relies on everyone else to get stuff done for you and are simply a failure and abuser of power"

Like WTF kinda deflated, and defeated mindset is he trying to inspire? A Black man shown as powerful and able to handle his business is toxic? Masculinity is bad? Like he is selling the idea that a powerful Black man is something to fear just like how society does the same thing in real life.
    Like Jason Aaron on Thor (which is ironic because he writes BP better than Coates) Coates has been doing a deconstruction that has taken far too long. He's spent so much time breaking T'challa and making him so hard to root for he forgot that you have to build the character back up.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

When did the tide turn against Coates? I read the first volume I thought it wasn't half bad, I mean you can see the inexperience because he doesn't have a background in comics but not horrendous.

I haven't kept up with this current volume, I wonder if Coates is just better at prose in the written form as opposed to sequential art.

Good thing he isn't just a political leader and nothing else. You know being a WARRIOR king, and has lead his nation against armies (superpowered armies) and other superpowered foes before. But good to know you are fully willing to reduce him down to simply a political leader.
    I'm not reducing him to just a political leader ... I'm merely saying Monica has more experience leading a super hero team than anyone else on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    That looks like Midnight Tiger. Which is weird since Midnight Tiger is pretty much what if Static/Spider-Man had Black Panther's moveset.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

On my way out so haven't caught up but this has been on my mind the most. To me the worst part, the most sinsister part of it all is these young men out here that are raised like kings, that are treated in exactly the way Ororo described Tchalla. "oh honey don't worry about that, your the man of the house." Those boys who go to school and hang out in the real world and start to learn that that isn't behavior they should be taking with them. That they can be masculine and sensitive to those around them. That women do want a man that can stand on his own two feet and lead when necessary. He is telling them through the voices of these "strong" women. "Hah either way your fucked. because you know that thing we want you to be better than, the real secret is that is ALL a man is anyway, we just like to got damn complain." Coates isn't doing anyone any damn favors. I mean just thinking about it i'm getting so mad i can barely string the words together.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    That looks like Midnight Tiger. Which is weird since Midnight Tiger is pretty much what if Static/Spider-Man had Black Panther's moveset.
    Whose trade will finally hit stores in 2020 after being axed back in 2017.

Is that art by Ray Anthony?

Who are you selling the book to?

Pretty much everyone who thinks that a powerful black man has to get that said power through playing sports, being fake woke, a thug or criminal. If he does not do that-it means OTHERS mainly WOMEN have to do it for him. Which is what we have seen.

When did the tide turn against Coates?
    It was ALWAYS there.

Many of us tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially with the sales and how well the trades were (and still) doing.

You could see the agenda but when you are limited in your black lead hero material-many took what they could get. Yes you had books like Freeze, Relay & others at otehr companies. However Black Panther had access to way more places than those books.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    When did the tide turn against Coates?
    First Interview- Maj

About the 4th Issue (what whatever one T'challa got beat by tree roots)- a lot of the hardcores here

Season 2- good chunk of casuals left judging by sales as the book was no longer "deep"

Season 3 Start- excitement grew about Acuna art + concept + first issue had action

Season 3 about 4 issues in- excitement gone and most gave up

Season 3 about 7 issues in or whatever- rest of the casuals left and sales sunk

Season 3 about 16 issues in- cancellation zone and the worst sales in BP history

Who is left: Storm fans, contrarians, people who really love Coates, hardcores who can't look away from the train wreck praying to the goddess (child) Bast that Coates at least puts the pieces back in place so the next writer can ignore all of this garbage
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    On my way out so haven't caught up but this has been on my mind the most. To me the worst part, the most sinsister part of it all is these young men out here that are raised like kings, that are treated in exactly the way Ororo described Tchalla. "oh honey don't worry about that, your the man of the house." Those boys who go to school and hang out in the real world and start to learn that that isn't behavior they should be taking with them. That they can be masculine and sensitive to those around them. That women do want a man that can stand on his own two feet and lead when necessary. He is telling them through the voices of these "strong" women. "Hah either way your fucked. because you know that thing we want you to be better than, the real secret is that is ALL a man is anyway, we just like to got damn complain." Coates isn't doing anyone any damn favors. I mean just thinking about it i'm getting so mad i can barely string the words together.
    The worst part is that it's being allowed, it's being hailed as this groundbreaking work, he is being compared to Priest and Hudlin, like this guy is destroying the mythos in a manner that if Roy Thomas and Jon Mayberry did the same thing? Like exactly the same run word for word panel for panel. They would be crucified so hard and marvel comics would Burst into flame from the heat they would be catching..

But Coates does it and it's groundbreaking work.. well it's true it is groundbreaking, but in the negative way, like sliding back 6 decades

The worst part is that it's being allowed, it's being hailed as this groundbreaking work, he is being compared to Priest and Hudlin, like this guy is destroying the mythos in a manner that if Roy Thomas and Jon Mayberry did the same thing? Like exactly the same run word for word panel for panel. They would be crucified so hard and marvel comics would Burst into flame from the heat they would be catching..

But Coates does it and it's groundbreaking work.. well it's true it is groundbreaking, but in the negative way, like sliding back 6 decades
    I feel bad I have to say this but it's because his stuff is very commercially white friendly. He's more confusing than Stacy dash.

Women should be strong and men should stand up and do the right thing.
    A strong woman doesn't need a man but should understand if her man needs a side piece because men are weak.
    Men should be able to stand on there own two feet but women shouldn't expect it cause remember he's just a man.
    A too strong man is inherently dangerous when a woman acknowledges his strength because it makes her weak.
    A man should always kiss a woman's a$$ and lift her up not because she needs it but because it's all a man can really offer. The list of contradictions go on and on.

They paying him to confuse the Youmg black male.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/