Page 421 of 744 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is that the job? I dont think that discussion has happened.

The Queen still has to approve the formation of the govt. in her name. I believe Teresa May has to go see her today for the handover.

Until there is a issue explaining what the role of BP is in new Wakanda, I'll say its usless to make it a plot point.
    To me it's a pretty simple matter... if T'Challa is gone, then after a certain period of time people would want Shuri to reclaim the role of BP. I think that's exactly what would happen ... hence it's what happened in the story. I'm a little curious about the exact limits of the BP mantle in the new Wakandan government too, but that's a seperate issue from whether or not the Wakandans would want a new Black Panther if T'Challa was no longer available. They would (IMO at least) and the obvious candidate would be Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    There hasn't been a future story with Kang and Wakanda to my knowledge.

Kang is supposedly a descendant of Doom and possibly Reed. He uses time way more than Apocalypse.

If you're interested, check out Avengers Forever. That will give some good background on Kang.

I'd like to see a story where the future Panther-- or the current Panther-- easily defeats Kang.
    marvel writers of the past never really thought well enough of Panther/Wakanda to make them a rival to his influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see a story where the future Panther-- or the current Panther-- easily defeats Kang.
    marvel writers of the past never really thought well enough of Panther/Wakanda to make them a rival to his influence.
    I'm not sure you'll get a story where BP easily beats Kang, because an easy win sort of sounds like a boring story. But I think it's inevitable we'll get a BP vs Kang story at some point. T'Challa at this point as a bunch of future children in alternate time lines, and Kang just loves going for those for some reasons. That seems to be all Kang does at this point... go for super hero children in the future.

Is there a story that shows Kang to be a great villain? I've only seen him in cartoons and I've never liked him.

Is there a story that shows Kang to be a great villain? I've only seen him in cartoons and I've never liked him.
    I'd say Avengers Forever and Avengers: Kang Dynasty were two of his best stories.

Ironically, one of his first stories against Avengers (including Black Panther) was called Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd say Avengers Forever and Avengers: Kang Dynasty were two of his best stories.
    Kang Dynasty was pretty great and epic. Unfortunately BP didn't do much except appear in one panel or so. Can't really remember, it's been a while

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Based on the response of the Hickman's x issue I really want him to write a BP solo especially since he expressed interest in doing so.
    Just read it and it's one of Marvel's best issues I've read in a while. Funny, spoilers:
    some have noticed the similarities between this new mutant nation/Krakoa and what Wakanda has been doing for centuries
    end of spoilers

It was a great issue, established a new status quo for the X-Men that hopefully remains. I second Hickman doing a BP solo. I know his T'Challa is rightfully controversial but writing the character in his peak doing what he and his country do best, I can see him nailing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Kang Dynasty was pretty great and epic. Unfortunately BP didn't do much except appear in one panel or so. Can't really remember, it's been a while
    Oh yeah, I wasn't saying those were good BP vs Kang stories (I'm honestly not sure there are any), just good Kang stories. I don't recall BP doing much if anything in either of those stories.

But I HOPE we get a BP vs Kang story at some point. They match up well, and like I said earlier Kang seems to have a thing for messing with heroes who have kids or future kids.

Uncanny Avengers vol 1 shows peak manipulative as hell Kang IMO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Just read it and it's one of Marvel's best issues I've read in a while. Funny, spoilers:
    some have noticed the similarities between this new mutant nation/Krakoa and what Wakanda has been doing for centuries
    end of spoilers

It was a great issue, established a new status quo for the X-Men that hopefully remains. I second Hickman doing a BP solo. I know his T'Challa is rightfully controversial but writing the character in his peak doing what he and his country do best, I can see him nailing it.
    Honestly I don't see the status quo lasting that long. Hickman established a lot of cool stuff for the Avengers in his run and almost none of it lasted his depature. But we'll see.

As for Hickman writing BP... I sort of wished he stuck around in marvel post Secret Wars to write the character. BP getting an A list writer would be cool. Hickmans an event guy, so we know T'Challa would get a lot of spotlight the way Aaron gave Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    end of spoilers

I think Hickman can elevate anyone he WANTS to write.

If you aren't on his short list for that story, you are a cog in the machine, characterization be damned.

So a BP book by Hickman... T'challa would be just fine.

It is the secondary characters that he tends to butcher or not give a **** about as long as they move his story along.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I would like to add Avengers Celestial: Madonna by Steve Englehart. It is a story from the 1970's. It can be trippy, and somewhat mind-bending.

I also want to add Avengers: The Once And Future Kang, by Roger Stern. That is a story from the 1980's.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-24-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I would say Kang Dynasty is the best Kang story. This story shows that Kang is an MCU Thanos level threat (some might argue greater than Thanos). It's ranked as top 10 Avengers stories. I also like Avengers #8 Vol 1 by Lee & Kirby. He takes on all the Avengers by himself and the story gives Kang some pretty good feats. Avengers Forever gives you a good history on Kang. I put Kang in my top 5 villains list after reading Kang Dynasty. Panther is briefly mentioned in the storyline.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 07-24-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I would like to see a story like this as well!