Page 681 of 744 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Part of the reason it was so loved critically and got awards love was how "real life" was in it. The fantasy aspects while good also suffered from streamling stuff we've seen in 10 other Marvel films. The further you push the better.

Keep telling yourself that man. I expect more of a Coates influence in the sequel. However, its Coates, but with Coogler's deft hand/craftsmanship.

Its a struggle for people to understand that the director can successful adapt what DOES work and leave out what wouldn't translate.
    No struggle. Nothing in Coates' BP run works in the movie. Nothing in Coates BP run is working in the comics either.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    OK, let's assume you are right. Which Coates storylines would be adapted?

Season 1? The Dora rebelling? Coogler already DID that, with the Border Tribe.

The Orisha disappearing? Since we haven't actually seen the Pather God yet, the plot would make no sense. "The Gods have vanished?" "Who cares?"

The Originators? It would require retconning the backstory Coogler himself set up.

The Adversary defeated by an apotheosized Storm? Do I even have to explain why that's unlikely?

The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda? Not only does it lack the SW setup, but also the core premise ends up being a lot like Thor: Ragnarok.

So all that you are left with is "Somehow, 7 years after the snap, Wakanda is in chaos, while the rest of the world is doing fine." Which I'll bet money Coogler won't do.

As for this:

If you mean the plot, I heard it called more Shakespearean than realistic.

If you mean the setting… Really?

Now, I'll give you Killmonger's motivations were very "realistic". But here's the key bit... despite the vaunted "Coates influence" in the movie (which, as has already been prought up, is more accurately called a Stelfreeze influence) that's one thing I KNOW Coogler came up with himself...

Because Coates didn't write a single word about Killmonger until AFTER the movie.

Add to that the fact that the MCU has never adapted a comics storyline directly, and both Chadwick has talked about building on the foundation the first movie laid down, I, for one, am not concerned that we'll be seeing rape treehouses anytime soon.

We MIGHT see the Midnight Angels armor (another Stelfreeze creation) but I'll bet money they won't be worn by rebel Dora.
    I know! We can get Goon Slam Gary a role in the sequel! Surely there's an Oscar nom in there somewhere.

Biggest question? Who plays GSG? Zeus from Friday? Michael Duncan Clark? The Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolutely no forgiveness from me. One decent (he doesn't have it in him to produce the excellence you gave as example) storyline will not erase the large steaming pile of excrement that is sitting in the bowl and is hard to ignore.

Coates as a comic book writer does not exist.
    If only this happened 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know! We can get Goon Slam Gary a role in the sequel! Surely there's an Oscar nom in there somewhere.

Biggest question? Who plays GSG? Zeus from Friday? Michael Duncan Clark? The Rock?
    Duncan passed away several years ago, sadly.

I was thinking Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question:

At this point, what if for the next story line Coates worked with an artist like Steelfrezze & Acuna and delivered an epic action packed story line with amazing feats of intellect, fighting ability, strategy, and wakandan tech that rivaled Priest & Narcisse. Say, due to poor sales and the MCU hype,Coates has a change of heart, but doesn't retcon or explain away his previous writings of BP.

Could people in this forum collect those issues and support Coates at this point? Could you forgive the other stuff?

I have wondered this for myself.

Also, why are they doing a renumbering of Coates' Cap America? I thought it was doing well.
    His Cap started out well, but like his Panther, he fell in love with himself and a story that should have ended in about 6 issues, 8 at the most, is now on issue 16 and no where near the end. It's dragged on for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Duncan passed away several years ago, sadly.

I was thinking Ice Cube.
    Sorry to hear about Duncan.

You don't think Cube is too short?

Sorry to hear about Duncan.

You don't think Cube is too short?
    I just watched a recent film (the third xXx movie) that he had a cameo in, and I just loved his attitude.

Given that it's a bit part, I don't think the Rock would do it... but one of his cousins might. "Fa'a Samoa!"

I’ll never forgive Coates or Marvel Comics for this bs. Neither gets a single cent of mine. Boycotting the whole line (money wise).

Mark Henry (the powerlifter/strongman/wrestler)

It can be the opening scene.

T'challa finds a human trafficking tree house and blows through it with extreme prejudice. Goes int he last room and gets blasted... my monstrous Goon Slam Gary.

Gary grabs an HZ member on the mission and does his patented Goon Slam, completely obliterating him.

Another HZ member named B'ri (pronounced Barry) tells T'challa "he is too big, we must retreat"

T'challa back hands the dude for his weakness, deactivates his suit, and proceeds to beat Goon Slam to the ground, but lets him live in honor of his fighting prowess.

Goon Slam limps to the Villain Pub and tells the story how he fought the Black Panther and lived.

He starts writing a book, "the greatest day of my life" soon after
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mark Henry (the powerlifter/strongman/wrestler)

It can be the opening scene.

T'challa finds a human trafficking tree house and blows through it with extreme prejudice. Goes int he last room and gets blasted... my monstrous Goon Slam Gary.

Gary grabs an HZ member on the mission and does his patented Goon Slam, completely obliterating him.

Another HZ member named B'ri (pronounced Barry) tells T'challa "he is too big, we must retreat"

T'challa back hands the dude for his weakness, deactivates his suit, and proceeds to beat Goon Slam to the ground, but lets him live in honor of his fighting prowess.

Goon Slam limps to the Villain Pub and tells the story how he fought the Black Panther and lived.

He starts writing a book, "the greatest day of my life" soon after
    Bravo! Marvelous performance by Mark Henry!(I'm not crying!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Expect more? You know how much influence of Coates (that was actually his own influence and not stelfreeze's, whos credit is always Given to Coates?) Was actually in the movie? Ayo. That's it. Ayo was the only influence and really it was in name only.

Force push, kimoyo beads, aesthetics where inspired by stelfreeze's and that's his contribution. Everything else, was inspired by Priest, McGregor, and Hudlin. And that's based on on actually what's in the movie. We know Shuri is from Hudlin as are the look of the Dora's, we know Okoye, Zuri and Nakia are from Priest, as are the war dog name. ramonda, wkabi, and the take down of the rhino are from McGregor.. Where is all this Coates influence?

There's actually nothing from his story, other then names that can be adapted because his stories are so far different and regressive from what Coogler set up.

Again there needs to be influence for it to work and Coogler was inspired by Priest panther so I expect to see more of that version sprinkled in with Hudlins as well. Hell if be more likely to bet we would see more inspiration from Redjacks panther then Coates
    Excellent post my brother.

BANNED

Question:

At this point, what if for the next story line Coates worked with an artist like Steelfrezze & Acuna and delivered an epic action packed story line with amazing feats of intellect, fighting ability, strategy, and wakandan tech that rivaled Priest & Narcisse. Say, due to poor sales and the MCU hype,Coates has a change of heart, but doesn't retcon or explain away his previous writings of BP.

Could people in this forum collect those issues and support Coates at this point? Could you forgive the other stuff?

Also, why are they doing a renumbering of Coates' Cap America? I thought it was doing well.
    I gave Coates a hard pass before he even penned his first BP book so it goes without saying, that my stance from day one, would remain unchanged regardless of whatever else this writer brings to the table.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Made-up black slavecatcher named Bigger Long was the final boss from what I hear. And her slavemaster who had a crush on her was the one who hired him.
    Sounds like something Coates would have written.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...black slavecatcher named Bigger Long...

Ultimate Member

Question:

No. Because his stuff got shoved down the the throats of the public and the fake woke community ate it up. He made them feel good about an African city that fits every stereotype of Africa.
    Filled with black men that oppress black women.
    That needs black women to fix it, instead of its KING.
    A King that need OUTSIDERS to tell him what to do in his own kingdom.
    Who are told to worship someone from a franchise that would see it FLOODED because those nasty Wakandans were mean to a mutant.
    Because how DARE a place like Wakanda the one G Willow Wilson had in Ms Marvel, Vita had in Shuri, Stan Lee & Kirby & McDuffie had in Fantastic Four, Priest & Hudlin & Hickman had actually exist in Coates book.

We will have at least 10 volumes of this run. Trades & floppies in bins in LARGE numbers. That will see a sales boost when Black Panther 2 comes out.
    You can't undo 4 years of damage.
    The new writer of Panther has a MESS to fix. Because you got to undo 4 years of Fake Woke pandering. Because that group is the MAIN ones who are going to throw a fit once Doras and weather witches are put in their proper place. They do not want to see a competent black man like the one in Images's Prodigy, Vault's The Mall or Resonant or any book NOT made under DC or Marvel (no offense Miles or Michael Holt).