Page 540 of 744 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again, everything depicted is an extension of existing tech. Even the napalm, look at how the habit interacts when he uses it.

And again, Shuris power is basically KotD except it predates the Black panther lineage.. even though bashenga was supposed to be the one who United the people of Wakanda. Plus one of the djahlia person turkana was a BP as well.. yet she should of been with T'Challa and the other BPs right? That's the problem
    Shuri's power is different from what we've seen of the KOTD. T'Challa can talk to previous BPs, but Shuri has the ability to replicate the superhuman powers of any previous Wakandan in history. The obvious difference I think being that Shuri actually needed super powers since she didn't have any anymore, while T'Challa didn't aside from repowering him to roughly his previous levels. Coates upgrade to Shuri did more than Hickmans upgrade to T'Challa because she needed it more.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-22-2019 at 03:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shuri's power is different from what we've seen of the KOTD. T'Challa can talk to previous BPs, but Shuri has the ability to replicate the superhuman powers of any previous Wakandan in history. The obvious difference I think being that Shuri actually needed super powers since she didn't have any anymore, while T'Challa didn't aside from repowering him to roughly his previous levels. Coates upgrade to Shuri did more than Hickmans upgrade to T'Challa because she needed it more.
    Apart from conversing with previous BP's on the spiritual plane and the zombie raising mularkey that Hickman had T'Challa engaged in towards the close of Secret Wars II, T'Challa's KOTD powers were neither utilised or portrayed on page so comparing them to whatever LOTR/Harry Potter isht Coates has lumbered Shuri with alongside her buccaneer boots, is humorously disingenuous.

Hickman did not expand on the very premise he introduced into the BP Mythos by way of the KOTD rebirth and repurposing of T'Challa as Bast personal champion.

Hell, Hickman didn't even reference Bast at any point during Time Runs Out)Everything Dies so in the vacuum created by his slapdash approach to writing T'Challaband all things Wakanda, is it any wonder that Coatesvcame along and ran amuck with a concept he neither cared for or understood?

All I'm looking forward to at this juncture is for Coates contract to end so that someone who actually respects the BP Mythos comes along to erase his nonsense and just write T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda properly.

You either clearly don't see the issue or are willfully choosing to be ignorant of it. Shuris power is exactly how KotD should of worked given what we saw on panel of Hickmans FF run. Regardless of how it played out in tro ,(or rather the lack of effort out in) Shuris power is pretty much a carbon copy of KotD. And no she didn't need an upgrade Because she would of still been powered by the HSH.

Coates simply Turned her into a walking plot device because he couldn't be bothered to actually do his research and use established continuity and characteristics to tell his story. So, insert contrived out of character Wakanda, Shuri and T'Challa

You either clearly don't see the issue or are willfully choosing to be ignorant of it. Shuris power is exactly how KotD should of worked given what we saw on panel of Hickmans FF run. Regardless of how it played out in tro ,(or rather the lack of effort out in) Shuris power is pretty much a carbon copy of KotD. And no she didn't need an upgrade Because she would of still been powered by the HSH.

Coates simply Turned her into a walking plot device because he couldn't be bothered to actually do his research and use established continuity and characteristics to tell his story. So, insert contrived out of character Wakanda, Shuri and T'Challa
    Shuri loses her BP upgrades once Tchalla regains the mantle of Black Panther, the same way Tchalla lost his. . The KOTD title bought Shuri a little more time as Black Panther, but the movies pretty much ensured that Tchalla would regain his status quo. For the record, I liked her as queen ... but she was always on borrowed time.

As far as whether or not KOTD can do what Shuri's Griot powers s can ... I guess we'll wait and see. They didn't seem to function that way under Hickman, Coates, or Ewing. Maybe Aaron will decide Tchallas powers work that way ... until then I'm not as convinced as you are. But we'll see. With the solo book, Avengers, Agents of Wakanda, we've got Plenty of BP down the line to show us one way or the other if you're right. He might be throwing down with Sentry pretty soon ... that's a pretty good time to start busting out new powers if he has them.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Mind of Shadow, I have a question for you.

How come you did not include JLA/Avengers in your list of Black Panther Comic Appearances on your website?

Good to see you around again Maj. Hope all is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Mind of Shadow, I have a question for you.

How come you did not include JLA/Avengers in your list of Black Panther Comic Appearances on your website?

I thought that cross over was non-616 canon?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Okay, so only stories in canon.
    I didn't think Black Panther: Soul of the Machine and Black Panther: The Sound and the Fury were canon, which is why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Okay, so only stories in canon.
    I didn't think Black Panther: Soul of the Machine and Black Panther: The Sound and the Fury were canon, which is why I asked.
    As far as I knew, they were canon.

If you find otherwise, i will gladly take them off. What makes you think they aren't?

There are some alt reatlity stuff in there but i tried to keep it 99% 616. Like I have Hudlin's house of M story on there and I would imagine the Black to the Future stuff is mixed in there.

But otherwise, just 616 stuff. Which is why I don't have stuff on there like Ghost Panther and such.

I would eventually like to compile a list of alt reality stuff but... my free time these days gets shorter and shorter :/
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Shuri loses her BP upgrades once Tchalla regains the mantle of Black Panther, the same way Tchalla lost his. . The KOTD title bought Shuri a little more time as Black Panther, but the movies pretty much ensured that Tchalla would regain his status quo. For the record, I liked her as queen ... but she was always on borrowed time.

As far as whether or not KOTD can do what Shuri's Griot powers s can ... I guess we'll wait and see. They didn't seem to function that way under Hickman, Coates, or Ewing. Maybe Aaron will decide Tchallas powers work that way ... until then I'm not as convinced as you are. But we'll see. With the solo book, Avengers, Agents of Wakanda, we've got Plenty of BP down the line to show us one way or the other if you're right. He might be throwing down with Sentry pretty soon ... that's a pretty good time to start busting out new powers if he has them.
    Except she didn't actually die. She was in living death. Abd again, if Coates needed her to power up then it should of been through Zawavari, not making up an entire bullisht racist stereotypical version of Wakanda that contradicts the mythos.

KotD isn't Coates or Ewings fault for it's initial set up. That's Hickman. Coates is at fault for making the griot power exactly how KotD was described to work.. like it's on panel description

Except she didn't actually die. She was in living death. Abd again, if Coates needed her to power up then it should of been through Zawavari, not making up an entire bullisht racist stereotypical version of Wakanda that contradicts the mythos.

KotD isn't Coates or Ewings fault for it's initial set up. That's Hickman. Coates is at fault for making the griot power exactly how KotD was described to work.. like it's on panel description
    T'Challa didn't actually die either. Point being Shuri was no longer Black Panther. Hence, she no longer had the powers of the Black Panther.

And I'm not attributing fault for anyone as far as KOTD is concerned... I'm merely saying IF T'Challa has the abilities the Griot has to take on the meta human abilities of previous Wakandans we haven't seen it under Hickman, Ewing, Coates, or Aaron thus far. If he eventually shows that he has that ability, then obviously does and the conversation is moot. If he never demonstrates that he has that ability, then I think it's more than valid to question whether or not he actually had it in the first place. Time wil tell if you're right on the matter or not.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-23-2019 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It's good to be back my brother.

Thanks for the welcome.

Things are a lot better now.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 09-23-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It's good to be back my brother.

Thanks for the simple welcome.

Things are a lot better now.
    Good to see you back brotha Maj, I hope all is going well and continues to do so. This place ain't the same without the OGs

BANNED

Good to see you back brotha Maj, I hope all is going well and continues to do so. This place ain't the same without the OGs
    Thanks my brother.

I'll try not to dissapear again.

Since this amounted to absolutely nothing in the end, not a new name or exactly what his new role is supposed to be, I think Kasper needs to go back to the White Tiger outfit, it looked better than the new one. And since he's one of many underutilized BP characters while Eden has used up almost three years worth of space to contribute nothing of value and gotten zero development, I think he should be T'Challa's new #2 guy since Akili or whatever his name is hasn't made an appearance or been mentioned since issue #170

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Since this amounted to absolutely nothing in the end, not a new name or exactly what his new role is supposed to be, I think Kasper needs to go back to the White Tiger outfit, it looked better than the new one. And since he's one of many underutilized BP characters while Eden has used up almost three years worth of space to contribute nothing of value and gotten zero development, I think he should be T'Challa's new #2 guy since Akili or whatever his name is hasn't made an appearance or been mentioned since issue #170
    As someone fascinated by Kasper Cole and his role in the Black Panther mythos, I concur. I'd love to see him come back up in the modern comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.