Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
I'm sorry, but if its between Achebe and Namor? Namor all the way.

I just don't feel like Achebe would be an appealing enough villain in a post-Thanos/Phase 4 MCU. I'm not thinking from the perspective of a die-hard BP fan, rather a cbm/blockbuster film fan and with global audiences in mind. You have the sequel to one of the biggest superhero films of all time, you want to up the ante in every category.

With Namor, you get the promise of a bigger scale, spectacle, greater feats for T'Challa/Wakanda.etc. Plus, it's an easier sell even to people who are just learning about Namor for the first time. It's essentially BP vs. MCU Aquaman. Even a lot of folks who hated/disappointed with the first film will be back on board.

Heck, you can still throw Achebe in there as the mastermind that incites the conflict between Wakanda and Atlantis.

-
Similar to what I was thinking.

But honestly I don't really care who the villain will be as long as the story is good and the villain fits well in to the story. Kingpin is officially a spider-man villain but was the main villain in the best Daredevil story arc ever (Born Again).

The writing is key regardless of who the villain will be.