Page 704 of 744 FirstFirst ... 204604654694700701702703704705706707708714 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wonder about that. Given how little they do in the main book, it's entirely possible that Zub picked this cast, and Aaoron merely introduced them in the main title as a springboard. Does anyone know what Zub said about the cast before the book came out?
    It's definitely Aaron's team. He wrote Broo in X-Men, did fantastic short stories for Fat Cobra and Gorilla Man years ago, likes barbarian survival types such as Ka-Zar, and likes monster types like Man-Wolf. Wasp might've been a request from editorial. But it just feels extremely Aaron overall.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's definitely Aaron's team. He wrote Broo in X-Men, did fantastic short stories for Fat Cobra and Gorilla Man years ago, likes barbarian survival types such as Ka-Zar, and likes monster types like Man-Wolf. Wasp might've been a request from editorial. But it just feels extremely Aaron overall.
    I did a little research, and you are correct.

From a Newsarama interview:

Nrama: To say your roster is eclectic would be an understatement – you’ve got Black Panther (naturally), Okoye, Wasp, Fat Cobra, Gorilla Man, Man-Wolf, Ka-Zar, American Eagle, and Roz Solomon. Did you have a hand in choosing the characters? Which ones have surprised you the most?

Zub: That's an easy one - I chose none of them!

The entire team was established by Jason Aaron in Avengers #12 and Thor #9. He brought in a host of interesting oddballs under T'Challa and Okoye's command and I'm building in extra characterization - who gets along, who doesn't, and how they develop as the series goes along.

Later on there may be other members rotated in or rotated out, but the initial roster was set up before this series was even a twinkle in Wil Moss' eye.
    Also, from a Dynamic Forces interview:

Dynamic Forces: Jim, this latest book, Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, is spinning out of Jason Aaron’s popular current run on Avengers. When the characters were intro’d in that book as an Avengers support team, was it always conceived they would be getting their own title?

Jim Zub: I don’t know internally at Marvel what the plan was in terms of giving the Agents of Wakanda their own series, but I was asked if I’d be interested in pitching on it after Avengers #12 and Thor #9 had already come out, so I saw Jason’s concept for the team there and the line-up of characters and incorporated that into my pitch.
    I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong on this one. That being said, Thor #9 is a lot more spy-fi than the book we got (It's a Roz Solomon spotlight) and as for Avengers #12, does this sound like the group we have now?

Another good idea wasted. *smh*

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I did a little research, and you are correct.

From a Newsarama interview:

Also, from a Dynamic Forces interview:

I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong on this one. That being said, Thor #9 is a lot more spy-fi than the book we got (It's a Roz Solomon spotlight) and as for Avengers #12, does this sound like the group we have now?

Another good idea wasted. *smh*
    In the least, they're doing a fair amount of intelligence gathering and support in the Avengers book. So Aaron is using them as intended. Course, it's still arguably a case of a square peg fitting into a round whole as the qualifications for this particular line up to that specific objective is somewhat questionable. Kazar had to have been wearing plot armor 3 feet thick in order to spy on Atlantis with nothing more than a knife and a loin cloth... but he nonetheless did the job T'Challa was describing here.

But in the main book, they're clearly not doing esionage or support work for the Avengers. This is pretty standard super hero stuff. Which in some ways makes more sense than what Aarons actually doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    That was the basis of my first (of two) pitches for BP. The Hybrid is getting revenge for Wakanda's win against his Skrull family house. even though the Earth and Skrull have made peace, he's holding a family grudge. It's PERSONAL.

Also, a hell of a villain to add to the Rogues Gallery.
    I like it. That is exciting stuff abd thats what missing currently In T'Challas solo. Excitement, something that feeling of wanting to know how he is going to handle the situation, whst tyoe of super genius moves is he going to make. And rogues that are brought UP tk to T'Challas level sbd nit weakening him to mke them appear formidable.

And inwant ti see Wakanda cut loose. Not just T'Challa, but Wakanda as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I like it. That is exciting stuff abd thats what missing currently In T'Challas solo. Excitement, something that feeling of wanting to know how he is going to handle the situation, whst tyoe of super genius moves is he going to make. And rogues that are brought UP tk to T'Challas level sbd nit weakening him to mke them appear formidable.

You'll be waiting a very long time for that.

One of our mandates on the series was that T'Challa was the driver of all action and, even if he got smacked for making a mistake (something i felt needed to happen as well) they were HIS mistakes.

His name is the title of the show so the show's about him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Agents somewhat gets a pass in this regard, since the writer of the book isn't exactly the one who came up with the team and line up. Aaron made the group in Avengers, and basically just used a bunch of C list characters he liked. The actual Agents book is sort of just trying to use what's there.

The book of course could try harder to be more of a spy espionage book... but honestly this group really doesn't fit that mold. It's a weird mix of bears and apes and werewolves and Sumo wrestlers. If anything, they're likely to stick out like a sore thumb in almost any context short of a comic book convention. So the group is being used pretty much how one might expect this group to be used.
    The writer, to a degree, yes. He gets a pass.

Aaron, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    One of our mandates on the series was that T'Challa was the driver of all action and, even if he got smacked for making a mistake (something i felt needed to happen as well) they were HIS mistakes.

His name is the title of the show so the show's about him.
    Exactly. He is the driver of all the action. That's not to say that supporting cast can't get stuff done or get a big feat but that is their role: SUPPORT, as in, they support T'Challa and take some credit but he gets the lions share.

They are there to support him and like Wakanda they are a resources he can utilize. The underlined portion seems so obvious, yet what the last couple years has shown us, is that this is NOT what is happening in his solo. His Solo seems more like he is the passenger with the drivers being swapped around for whoever Coates decides is driving at the moment, however, T'Challa gets smacked with all the mistakes regardless if he made them or not.

That mandate should be ingrained in everyone's mind when they come onto the book

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The writer, to a degree, yes. He gets a pass.

Aaron, not so much
    In the least, Aaron himself acknowledges how ridiculously random this collection of heroes seems to be. Okoye voiced that concern better than I could have right off the bat.

We'll see if in the end this specific group was needed, or if it was literally nothing more than Aaron using a bunch of guys he happened to like.

BANNED

Exactly. He is the driver of all the action. That's not to say that supporting cast can't get stuff done or get a big feat but that is their role: SUPPORT, as in, they support T'Challa and take some credit but he gets the lions share.

They are there to support him and like Wakanda they are a resources he can utilize. The underlined portion seems so obvious, yet what the last couple years has shown us, is that this is NOT what is happening in his solo. His Solo seems more like he is the passenger with the drivers being swapped around for whoever Coates decides is driving at the moment, however, T'Challa gets smacked with all the mistakes regardless if he made them or not.

That mandate should be ingrained in everyone's mind when they come onto the book
    Funnily enough, none of Coates contributions have been labeled as being "ludicrous" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Funnily enough, none of Coates contributions have been labeled as being "ludicrous" though.
    ludicrous
    /ˈlo͞odəkrəs/
    adjective
    so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.

There's nothing amusing about Coates' work…

In the least, Aaron himself acknowledges how ridiculously random this collection of heroes seems to be. Okoye voiced that concern better than I could have right off the bat.

We'll see if in the end this specific group was needed, or if it was literally nothing more than Aaron using a bunch of guys he happened to like.
    Strange that depending on who you are that you just order up characters for others to write , but yet we can't see many opportunities for more black heroes as the market demand allows for few characters outside the main Marvel roster.

BANNED

Storm solo? Jill Scott was on the cover of Essence ( Jill did voice-over work as Ororo)… with the Storm-Vibe --2014 (same color –scheme). Greg Pak’s Storm came-out around the same time. How ironic. it was right in front of them the whole time. it was the very Essence. geez,

The creator of the new-era BP. The true king… it must be stated… maintaining diplomacy…

eventually, they are going to have to listen to the truth. I’ve pitched before & I’ll pitch again. The answer is right in front of you.

IMO Marv won’t be experimenting on anything BP b4 the BP2 movie. Back to stagnant. Kitten furry

Shuri & the 3 BP amulets.... Beast-mode... 2016. did the home-work. exam time. will i pass or fail?

BANNED

Still no word… yet?

Frank Miller made Dare-Devil thrive (writer & artist)... One Action Packed Comic!! DD also gave us various characters including Elektra. BP holding-it-down in Hell’s Kitchen was an honor in the comic-book world. But it also narrowed the scope of a sovereign nation king. BP still not the Action Packed hero as DD. TBP Agents or Crews should be thriving.But, under the right pen. Jungle ACTION

my only complaint about BP... is... Still no word… yet.

Panther's Quest action? ...other than that i still keep that ish on repeat.
    Hudlin action? repe...
    Coates... made you look- Nas
    the film? action. check WWO

Point is: BP doesn’t have to lead the action or drive the story. Why? he should be fighting with one-arm at this point… Like some true kung-fu master. Word! Elektra went on to her own successes,,, DD cameos & what not. Storm & BP don’t have to be married but they should be allied or prioritized.

Ultimate Member

Hanging a lampshade isn't absolution