Page 434 of 744 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm reading Avengers and I'm happy.

I like the BP and Blade dynamic.

Also, Aaron does BP right. Wakanda is a superpower helping to safeguard the earth. We've got Okoye with her own Hellicarrier and the team running things like a Boss. BP as the chairman in the Avengers in an awesome HQ. No longer that lil Avengers Mansion in New York. Oh No, this is the body of a dead Celestial! With all the trappings an elite super team needs. BP making chess master moves, confronting Agent Coulson and the Squadron Supreme, he's probably already sniffed out Mephisto's involvement. He brought Hellstorm in to help out Robbie Reyes. I feel like Aaron really embraced the message from the BP movie and brought T'Challa center stage as a leader for the betterment of mankind.

I know there is some debate over how Aaron is handling She-Hulk which is probably more the style she's being drawn in than anything else. Outside of that Aaron is killing it with the Avengers. Ever since that second arc, I'm loving this Avengers run.
    I like Aarons run, but it's not blowing me away.

His usage of BP and Wakanda is very cool. From a purely BP standpoint it's arguably the best Avengers run. But as an Avengers story it's sort of hit and miss. A lot of his characterization and continuity at times is spotty. The first arc as a whole was sort of a mess. And it's somewhat easy to lose interest in the issues that focus on just one character unless you're really invested in that one character.

Overall it's a fun run that does a lot of things right, but it's uneven and at times all over the place. In hindsight I think he perhaps needed 2 books like Hickman during his Avengers run to cram everything in there.

Right from the Namor's arc is where things started getting interesting.

I would like more action feats from BP but so far I like how eclectic he is in terms of being a problem solver and his connectivity with other heroes.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 07-31-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    I more disappointed nobody said Tchalla looks ten years older or whether ten years have passed on Earth too.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, the timeline issue is messed up at this point. Although he has a beard, which makes you look older anyway Honestly, I thought he was supposed to be in the future so I'm not sure when that apparently changed.

Whether this is a good story or not, it's really hard to read in a monthly format. I agree it doesn't advance at a very fast pace but, more importantly, I struggle to remember what happened that lead from moment to moment.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, the timeline issue is messed up at this point. Although he has a beard, which makes you look older anyway Honestly, I thought he was supposed to be in the future so I'm not sure when that apparently changed.

Whether this is a good story or not, it's really hard to read in a monthly format. I agree it doesn't advance at a very fast pace but, more importantly, I struggle to remember what happened that lead from moment to moment.
    I think it's a simple matter of him being in the past rather than the future.

I suppose that does mean that T'Challa is physically older, but we can probably assume that the hsh like the sss slows down his aging to the point where it's moot.

We need someone from our Wakadan delegation to go to this event as reliable source.

It is even harder to remember because everyone is new except T'challa.

Trying to memorize 10 new characters month to month, doubly confusing when they share names with characters I know.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If we didn't have Avengers right now some of us would have nothing BP-related to look forward to.

We had a lot of minis and appearances over the last year and a half but it looks like those have dried up for now.
    It's because they keep putting Coates/ his cabal on the stories who have zero comic experience and killed all momentum comicwise. Notice how the only successful BP minis actually focused on Tchalla and giving him primary agency.

I'm telling you, if Rise came out before BP wow, I guarantee you it would of turned into an ongoing

Sorry if I've missed something that someone already wrote further back in the thread but,

What is going on in the main BP book?!

We are told that T'Calla ended up a slave in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, which somehow started 2000 years ago. I had assumed that T'Challa was actually 2000 years in the future and that he got there via some wormhole/time travel shenanigans. But this issue and the last confirm that he is on the present day, since he can communicate with present-day Wakanda.

....so how the hell did this Empire begin 2000 years ago?! There's no way Wakanda had Intergalactic spacefaring technology at that point in time! He'll, they launched their "Alpha Flight" at the end of Secret Wars #9.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Sorry if I've missed something that someone already wrote further back in the thread but,

What is going on in the main BP book?!

We are told that T'Calla ended up a slave in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, which somehow started 2000 years ago. I had assumed that T'Challa was actually 2000 years in the future and that he got there via some wormhole/time travel shenanigans. But this issue and the last confirm that he is on the present day, since he can communicate with present-day Wakanda.

....so how the hell did this Empire begin 2000 years ago?! There's no way Wakanda had Intergalactic spacefaring technology at that point in time! He'll, they launched their "Alpha Flight" at the end of Secret Wars #9.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation?
    A couple issues ago they flashbacked to the original teams launch to search for the origin of the Vb mound. It had to have happened after the first arc because Shuri is not BP anymore. Only theory I have is that the team ended up two thousand years in the past and Tchalla ened up in the same region of space 10 years in the past.

Sad part is Tchalla with his memories intact apparently helped the empire fight the Shi'ar. Which means he could have gone home at anytime during that period.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Didn't they expressly say that the first space team was lost and T'Challa went looking for them or am I misremembering?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

A couple issues ago they flashbacked to the original teams launch to search for the origin of the Vb mound. It had to have happened after the first arc because Shuri is not BP anymore. Only theory I have is that the team ended up two thousand years in the past and Tchalla ened up in the same region of space 10 years in the past.

Sad part is Tchalla with his memories intact apparently helped the empire fight the Shi'ar. Which means he could have gone home at anytime during that period.
    I guess traveling back in time could work as an explanation...kind of a major detail for the narration to gloss over though

Didn't they expressly say that the first space team was lost and T'Challa went looking for them or am I misremembering?
    That was the stated reason for him(but the Coates/Storm reason was he wanted to run away from being King) and for some reason had to have a MoppyPanther moment with Storm like he ain't never been to space before. lol.

If T'Challa did indeed travel back in the past, then he would likely couldn't return to earth until after he left. Otherwise there are 2 T'Challa's in one timeline and you potentially disrupt the timeline.

Now that I think about it, with some tweaking this story could have been an orign story for Happy Pants if Coates wanted.

But the first Alpha Flight I believe was secret wars. The rescue mission with BP and Manifold occured when Shuri was no longer BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I guess traveling back in time could work as an explanation...kind of a major detail for the narration to gloss over though
    The nice thing about traveling BACK in time though is that all this stuff still exists. It's all still out there even after T'Challa returns home. If this were a future timeline none of this stuff would be seen again unless he revisited that timeline. But if it occured in the past, then Coates and anyone else can continue to use this stuff in the regular 616 anytime they want. So if Coates wants any of this stuff to actually stick around, then going into the past rather than the future is actually smart.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The nice thing about traveling BACK in time though is that all this stuff still exists. It's all still out there even after T'Challa returns home. If this were a future timeline none of this stuff would be seen again unless he revisited that timeline. But if it occured in the past, then Coates and anyone else can continue to use this stuff in the regular 616 anytime they want. So if Coates wants any of this stuff to actually stick around, then going into the past rather than the future is actually smart.
    It would be available either way. Because there would be traveling backwards in time either on the way out or on the way back to Earth (if they were to be in the future)....the empire could mine the past, since Alpha Flight already happened and thus have no risk to their existence