Page 479 of 744 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Except this is the MCU we're talking about. Ragnarok came four years after The Dark World. In the Multiverse of Madness is coming five years after Doctor Strange. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is coming four years (most likely) after Vol 2. This happens and will continue to happen the more projects Marvel Studios makes and the more priorities start to shift. The only reason something like the Spider-Man films were going to have a sequel every two years was because it was mandated by Sony.

And are you forgetting that The Dark Knight Rises came out four years after The Dark Knight, the first superhero movie to gross over a billion dollars?

And how is Coogler's schedule not a legitimate concern? The guy is highly sought after. What do you want him to do? Pull out of all of his projects just so he can work on BP2? He said himself that he and his team are taking their time with the movie. It isn't coming in four years because Marvel doesn't care about it. They do, and they've clearly given Ryan enough time and respect to he can deliver.

What's your worry? That after four years people will forget about Black Panther? If you do all I have to say is that's on you, because that's not going to happen, especially if Marvel and Coogler have something big planned for the film and all indications point to that being a high possibility.
    Wedjat my man's coming in with truth bombs left and right! I mean let's be real here, folk's can't stop talking about BP, usually a movie drops and even though it's good it gets moved on from. BP had been talked about, ever sense it's dropped AND referenced in TV shows sense it's debut and will continue to, especially since marvel is putting more attention to the IP. People need to respect the process, I mean I find it funny how some folks and on to this day about how coogler needs to out more time and care into making tchalla more like the fabled perfect version in CW (he was better in BP but I digress) then complain when that process will, *gasp* take time

Coogler started the script a couple months ago, BP ain't gonna drop off, us fans aren't taking any scraps we can get (marvel knows that BP is their biggest IP) because he is popping up everywhere, and now that Spidey is gone, it just makes already a big deal tchalla even bigger.

Everything is good our waiting for representation and respect for BP is paying off

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    That China thing was overblown. The film was a success there.
    Yeah sort of but critically it was not as well received like the other movies and I don't know if the Chinese audience will be able to deal with the sophisticated nature of Coogler's directing. Here is one person who summed up the Chinese reaction to BP and stated there is nothing related to political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yeah sort of but critically it was not as well received like the other movies and I don't know if the Chinese audience will be able to deal with the sophisticated nature of Coogler's directing. Here is one person who summed up the Chinese reaction to BP and stated there is nothing related to political correctness

who cares what the Chinese audience thinks? BP already proved to be successful without them. The rest of the world and NA showed the interest. I'd rather BP be sophisticated like it is then dumb itself down to cheap one liners and stupid explosions and shoddy editing (the post mentioned transformers which had so many stupid lines, edits and overall laziness in terms of scene to scene Flow it makes my head hurt) all for the sake of pleasing the Chinese audience who still nay find something to not like about it. Focus on the demographics that liked it and continue to hook them, and make minor adjustments (maybe have a scene in China or something) to draw in more of the china BO but don't to completely try to cater their needs is foolish

Venom made what... 250 mil in China?

Trying to figure out what China wants is folly lol.

Caring, as fans, about their box office is just pointless needless worrying about nothing.

MCU branding will give BPII the 100 mil and then bounce.

And honestly... BP made so damn much we are guanteed a trilogy anyway, so screw the box office other than bragging rights among fans lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    who cares what the Chinese audience thinks? BP already proved to be successful without them. The rest of the world and NA showed the interest. I'd rather BP be sophisticated like it is then dumb itself down to cheap one liners and stupid explosions and shoddy editing (the post mentioned transformers which had so many stupid lines, edits and overall laziness in terms of scene to scene Flow it makes my head hurt) all for the sake of pleasing the Chinese audience who still nay find something to not like about it. Focus on the demographics that liked it and continue to hook them, and make minor adjustments (maybe have a scene in China or something) to draw in more of the china BO but don't to completely try to cater their needs is foolish
    I'm taking from the standpoint of the chance they will increase the budget which means they will probably need a higher break even point plus the marketing as well. Do I think it will make more than the first one? I don't know (I hope so, probably will) but you don't want to take chances and ignore a certain group of people and say f*** em and focus on others, you are suppose to bring more fans, not ignore them (Just taking as a business person here). Granted you can't please everyone but at least you can do the best job you can and that doesn't include dumbing everything down.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 08-26-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'm taking from the standpoint of the chance they will increase the budget which means they will probably need a higher break even point plus the marketing as well. Do I think it will make more than the first one? I don't know (I hope so, probably will) but you don't want to take chances and ignore a certain group of people and say f*** em and focus on others, you are suppose to bring more fans, not ignore them (Just taking as a business person here). Granted you can't please everyone but at least you can do the best job you can and that doesn't include dumbing everything down.
    Did I say ignore them? No, I said focus on keeping the hook demographics that liked it and make small adjustments to the one that didn't to hook them in too, this is business 101 stuff, you don't make drastic changes to something that works well for the majority of your customer base to try and please a finnicky market, that's setting yourself up for failure.

Plus that link you posted essentially said just that. The Chinese audience found it to be boring because it wasn't action and explosions like transformers, and guess what? Transformers is loud incoherent noise nothing wrong with that. We need movies you can just shut your brain off and enjoy it. However, BP is not a movie that should be dumb, loud, and unnecessary random explosions, it's also not a movie that has a lot of one liners being shot off by tchalla and half the cast. And clearly there was a draw as it did what other marvel movies failed to do and took 4 avengers movies to accomplish.

BP already had a huge budget, it doesn't need a bigger one, what it needs is more time in editing and not try to rush it last minute. It had one of the biggest Solo movie budgets around. Hell it could have IW/EG level budget but that means isht if they don't have the time to properly render

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Minor thing that got missed

Every little bit counts. Especially with youngins. Hook them in young.
    I'm wondering if they'll get James C. Mathis III back for this kind of thing.

I wonder if this will reach more people then Panther's Quest did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I wonder if this will reach more people then Panther's Quest did.
    Is this confirmed for Disney+ yet? Any word on EMH and all the other old cartoons?

I saw Disney Jr shows are gonna be there but missed if anything else was

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Is this confirmed for Disney+ yet? Any word on EMH and all the other old cartoons?

I saw Disney Jr shows are gonna be there but missed if anything else was
    I think the only Marvel cartoons confirmed are Ultimate Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the What If cartoon (where it seems T'Challa ends up becoming Star-Lord).

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Did I say ignore them? No, I said focus on keeping the hook demographics that liked it and make small adjustments to the one that didn't to hook them in too, this is business 101 stuff, you don't make drastic changes to something that works well for the majority of your customer base to try and please a finnicky market, that's setting yourself up for failure.

Plus that link you posted essentially said just that. The Chinese audience found it to be boring because it wasn't action and explosions like transformers, and guess what? Transformers is loud incoherent noise nothing wrong with that. We need movies you can just shut your brain off and enjoy it. However, BP is not a movie that should be dumb, loud, and unnecessary random explosions, it's also not a movie that has a lot of one liners being shot off by tchalla and half the cast. And clearly there was a draw as it did what other marvel movies failed to do and took 4 avengers movies to accomplish.

BP already had a huge budget, it doesn't need a bigger one, what it needs is more time in editing and not try to rush it last minute. It had one of the biggest Solo movie budgets around. Hell it could have IW/EG level budget but that means isht if they don't have the time to properly render
    Only time will tell in terms of budget.

BP 15 preview if you care.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-panther-15-2/

Nice set up for a perfectly peaceful Wakanda to turn to hell because tchalla comes home

Woot!

Oh, and storm

Is there a reason people are preemptively freaking out about China, or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is there a reason people are preemptively freaking out about China, or did I miss something?
    I think "people" is an exaggeration, numbers wise. I think it is only dboi

BP 15 preview if you care.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-panther-15-2/

Nice set up for a perfectly peaceful Wakanda to turn to hell because tchalla comes home

Woot!

Oh, and storm
    That's what I was thinking. He's emphasizing it so much its inevitable. lol

Like A.I.M, Hydra, and villains just came to a dead stop. Not to mention the "Space Lubber".

I hate that Coates and crew deemphasize the warrior nation aspect of Wakanda. Its make them less unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what I was thinking. He's emphasizing it so much its inevitable. lol

Like A.I.M, Hydra, and villains just came to a dead stop. Not to mention the "Space Lubber".
    I mean, when you here the super powered polymatch warrior genius king is gone from a country, you immediately abort all plans to try and destroy it, right? lololol

I hate that Coates and crew deemphasize the warrior nation aspect of Wakanda. Its make them less unique.
    Yeah, it's horrible. Nothing but a bunch of soft scientists and philosophers now.