Page 189 of 419 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 6278
  1. #2821
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This seems to be true, all the people that were brought by Coates are not qualified to write a comic yet were not Only given a mini, but were put in the hands of Coates as their consultant. A guy with limited comic experience..

    Redjack quick! Find a poem online and send it to Coates get the IN you need to adapt BP quest into a even more badass MK version
    lol.

    at this point the only version of BP I'm comfortable writing is the current animated one. A non-utopian Wakanda doesn't appeal to me.

  2. #2822
    Mario Di Giacomo Beware Of Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol.

    at this point the only version of BP I'm comfortable writing is the current animated one. A non-utopian Wakanda doesn't appeal to me.
    I think I speak for a sizable percentage of the thread when I say that it doesn't appeal to the readers, either.
    Mario Di Giacomo

  3. #2823
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    8,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Is this a Square-Enix Play Arts Kai Marvel Variant figure? I ask because I love the Square-Enix designs for the Marvel characters, especially Iron Man and Spider-Man.
    Yes it is.

  4. #2824
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol.

    at this point the only version of BP I'm comfortable writing is the current animated one. A non-utopian Wakanda doesn't appeal to me.
    Preaching to the choir man. Preaching to the choir. I'm all for conflict happening in Wakanda, but what we have seen in recent years is piss poor. Wakanda is technologically and spiritually advanced. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but it damn for sure ain't stereotypical western lensed view of Africa.

    Plus at this point I would rather read about what makes Wakanda excellent and not why it's no better then the rest of the world. More of Hickmans "Drag the rest of the world to the stars" more of Aaron's "T'Challa is the beacon of hope for Earth" and less of Coates allegories for Columbus, Boko Haram, and Slavic trade

  5. #2825
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Preaching to the choir man. Preaching to the choir. I'm all for conflict happening in Wakanda, but what we have seen in recent years is piss poor. Wakanda is technologically and spiritually advanced. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but it damn for sure ain't stereotypical western lensed view of Africa.

    Plus at this point I would rather read about what makes Wakanda excellent and not why it's no better then the rest of the world. More of Hickmans "Drag the rest of the world to the stars" more of Aaron's "T'Challa is the beacon of hope for Earth" and less of Coates allegories for Columbus, Boko Haram, and Slavic trade
    You know what I find so funny-Kwanza Osajyefo & Jamal Igle are getting harassed, insulted and at times threaten over Black (where blacks are the only ones with super powers for centuries) by the black members of a certain comic group. Their issue is how can black folks have all those powers and slavery and racism still happened.

    Why are they not calling out Coates? Wakanda went from being a utopia to a stereotypical view of Africa. Shouldn't Wakanda be taking over the world? Or leading it?
    And I guess those guys forgot at Milestone Icon came to Earth during Slavery and did nothing until Rocket talked to him in 1993.
    And Cyborg-if he is the walking online system-doesn't that mean he can control the world too?
    And John Stewart-black Green Lantern who is an architect and once ran a planet called Mosaic. Couldn't he make a planet for blacks only?

    Just funny the guys who are doing what so many trolls have YELLED at us to do-create are own stuff and the main ones who take issue with it are other blacks.

    Meanwhile Coates Panther is selling like crazy as trades. SO to Marvel (and House of Mouse) that is the image of Wakanda that is selling.

  6. #2826
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You know what I find so funny-Kwanza Osajyefo & Jamal Igle are getting harassed, insulted and at times threaten over Black (where blacks are the only ones with super powers for centuries) by the black members of a certain comic group. Their issue is how can black folks have all those powers and slavery and racism still happened.

    Why are they not calling out Coates? Wakanda went from being a utopia to a stereotypical view of Africa. Shouldn't Wakanda be taking over the world? Or leading it?
    And I guess those guys forgot at Milestone Icon came to Earth during Slavery and did nothing until Rocket talked to him in 1993.
    And Cyborg-if he is the walking online system-doesn't that mean he can control the world too?
    And John Stewart-black Green Lantern who is an architect and once ran a planet called Mosaic. Couldn't he make a planet for blacks only?

    Just funny the guys who are doing what so many trolls have YELLED at us to do-create are own stuff and the main ones who take issue with it are other blacks.

    Meanwhile Coates Panther is selling like crazy as trades. SO to Marvel (and House of Mouse) that is the image of Wakanda that is selling.
    Hahahah

    Too bad there isn't a notification feature for posters. We went in on this the last time you tried this ol okie doke; had a deep dive into allllll of that amazon tpb ish. It was lit
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

  7. #2827
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,311

    Default

    After seeing CM, I'm not sure there is a room big enough to contain MCU T'challa, Strange, and Carol's egos lol

    They are going to butt heads hard in Ultimates
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #2828
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I need to know if BP is going to stay on the Avengers animated show. Breakout season and all, he needs to be a mainstay.
    I think the question is less whether Black Panther will still be on the Avengers rosters in the cartoons and more when there will be a new Avengers cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    After seeing CM, I'm not sure there is a room big enough to contain MCU T'challa, Strange, and Carol's egos lol

    They are going to butt heads hard in Ultimates
    I think T'Challa is actually pretty humble, especially for a king.

    Strange's ego will probably continue to get toned down as he progresses into becoming the Sorcerer Supreme.

    I haven't seen CM yet but from the trailers she does seem to be a tad condescending.

  9. #2829
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You know what I find so funny-Kwanza Osajyefo & Jamal Igle are getting harassed, insulted and at times threaten over Black (where blacks are the only ones with super powers for centuries) by the black members of a certain comic group. Their issue is how can black folks have all those powers and slavery and racism still happened.

    Why are they not calling out Coates? Wakanda went from being a utopia to a stereotypical view of Africa. Shouldn't Wakanda be taking over the world? Or leading it?
    And I guess those guys forgot at Milestone Icon came to Earth during Slavery and did nothing until Rocket talked to him in 1993.
    And Cyborg-if he is the walking online system-doesn't that mean he can control the world too?
    And John Stewart-black Green Lantern who is an architect and once ran a planet called Mosaic. Couldn't he make a planet for blacks only?

    Just funny the guys who are doing what so many trolls have YELLED at us to do-create are own stuff and the main ones who take issue with it are other blacks.

    Meanwhile Coates Panther is selling like crazy as trades. SO to Marvel (and House of Mouse) that is the image of Wakanda that is selling.
    One we have already discussed the trade sales already and it's not as impressive as you make it sound. Second if that's what they wanted to show that as the new Wakanda then they wouldn't of had BP vs DP, MK and avengers show Tchalla as he had been, while simultaneously making Coates change his tune halfway through S2 then ship him off to space for a year.

    Marvel ain't on that BS anymore. Why else would he be put in else world time out when he is the solo writer? Because marvel sees what really sells, and it ain't this nonsense

  10. #2830
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    After seeing CM, I'm not sure there is a room big enough to contain MCU T'challa, Strange, and Carol's egos lol

    They are going to butt heads hard in Ultimates
    Depending on how its played, it could be interesting, though.

    Carol is their expert on aliens. Strange their expert on magic. And T'Challa their expert on politics.

  11. #2831
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Depending on how its played, it could be interesting, though.

    Carol is their expert on aliens. Strange their expert on magic. And T'Challa their expert on politics.
    Oh I wasn't saying it in a bad way.

    Hell, first two Avengers movies were highlighted by Tony and Cap not getting along at all
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #2832
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh I wasn't saying it in a bad way.

    Hell, first two Avengers movies were highlighted by Tony and Cap not getting along at all
    And then Captain America: Civil War (technically the third Cap movie, but might as well have been Avengers 2.5) had them actually fighting, first over ideological differences like in the original comic and later for more painfully personal reasons that I won't spoil here, the repercussions of which followed into Avengers: Infinity War with Tony refusing to call Cap for help even though the circumstances had become so dire by that point.

    That said, yeah, count me in for Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange all working together and butting heads. I'd mention, though, as someone who did see the movie, she isn't nearly that condescending as the trailers might have made her seem, and a lot of that is explained by spoilers:
    her mental conditioning by the Kree.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #2833
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    It'll be interesting to see this new crop of Avengers interact.

  14. #2834
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'll be interesting to see this new crop of Avengers interact.
    Yeah, I think unlike the original Avengers there's not much of a real blue print based from the original source material to base their interaction on.

    You can argue Ultimates to a degree... but Strange makes it a completely different group. It's sort of nice that even comic book fans will not really know how they dynamic will really work.

  15. #2835
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'll be interesting to see this new crop of Avengers interact.
    It'll be interesting to see why they even work together.

    They don't have a "Fury" pulling strings and such. The new big 3 all have other stuff to do lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •