Page 648 of 744 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This is true, although he is, descended from African royalty and the only non-Wakandan to successfully take the HSH (and keep the powers), which is enough to make him an honorary Wakandan, I think.

Anyway, the reason I always liked the idea of making him the new White Wolf was BECAUSE he isn't Wakandan. Who better to reform the secret police of Wakanda than an outsider (who would hence have no political baggage) who not only shared the King's powers but was also an actual NYPD cop?

Admittedly, this would have made more impact when the HZ hadn't been turned into grunts by Coates. :P
    Aside from Kaspers nationality, does it honestly make sense to put a NY cop in charge of a branch of their military? I'm sure he's a good cop and a pretty good street level hero... but on paper I'm not entirely sure he has the qualifications or proper experience for the job.

Don't get me wrong here.. I like Kasper, and if giving him the job means him regularly showing up in a book I'll take it. But it's still a bit weird. I think he's a better fit for Agents of Wakanda than being in the actual Wakandan military.

This is true, although he is, descended from African royalty and the only non-Wakandan to successfully take the HSH (and keep the powers), which is enough to make him an honorary Wakandan, I think.

Anyway, the reason I always liked the idea of making him the new White Wolf was BECAUSE he isn't Wakandan. Who better to reform the secret police of Wakanda than an outsider (who would hence have no political baggage) who not only shared the King's powers but was also an actual NYPD cop?

Admittedly, this would have made more impact when the HZ hadn't been turned into grunts by Coates. :P
    Kaspers' HSH was artificial. Was his dad descended from royalty?

I think Kasper would make a good cop in Cannon. Tie it back to Moses M inviting Afrivan Americans to relocate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    In my humble opinion, the head of the HZ should be Wakandan.

To my knowledge, Kasper, doesn't fit that category.

And as regards the Blue Marvel being "redundant"as a possible addition to the AoW, if Tony Stark and Pym being members of the Avengers/Illuminati alongside T'Challa did not take away feats from T'Challa, I somehow doubt Adam Brashear would pose any such threat to the Wakandan Monarch especially as they were able to co-exist within The Ultimates quite comfortably.

To me, it would have been interesting to see how the AoW's encounter with the Sentry would have played out if Adam Brashear was part of the team.

Instead, they had to call in the already over exposed Thor to provide the heavy hitter component in that instance.

As things stand right now, AoW is nothing more than Ultimates lite without true agency or recognizable impact.
    The Ultimates I thought Adam was pretty lackluster
    T'Challa already covered tech and funds and alpha flight also provided some as well. Abd T'Challa was doing super science stuff. Adam just kinda was there. There wasn't any interest to BM, just slot of monologues. Which I think Ewing should of stuck to his original mission statement about what the ultimates were supposed to be instead of changing it.

As for AoW. To me it's the same issue as Ultimates. T'Challa is on a team with c listers and D listers and it's hard to get to A list status when your not with the other A listers or at least other rising Stars. He needs to bring in known Characters and ones who are actual good at espionage

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Aside from Kaspers nationality, does it honestly make sense to put a NY cop in charge of a branch of their military? I'm sure he's a good cop and a pretty good street level hero... but on paper I'm not entirely sure he has the qualifications or proper experience for the job.

Don't get me wrong here.. I like Kasper, and if giving him the job means him regularly showing up in a book I'll take it. But it's still a bit weird. I think he's a better fit for Agents of Wakanda than being in the actual Wakandan military.
    Secret Police != Military. Just like spies != commandos, despite what comics keep telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Kaspers' HSH was artificial. Was his dad descended from royalty?

I think Kasper would make a good cop in Cannon. Tie it back to Moses M inviting Afrivan Americans to relocate there.
    My memory is slightly off. His father (Black Jack) is from Uganda. I only assumed the royalty part because of his role as Kibuka. Still, it was enough to get the tribal council off Kasper's back.

BANNED

Again, you have to consider the situation in Time Runs Out. The incursions were destroying not one but 2 entire universes (Wakanda included, so sparing it from Thanos does it no favors). The heroes had no means to stop the incursions aside from destroying the alternate earth, and the Illuminati had already decided they werent' going to do that. What option besides Thanos did they really have at that point? What else were they going to do? It was an ugly decision... but given the situation also the right and the ONLY one.

If there was really ANY other viable option and the world just went with the Thanos option anyways I might agree there was an underlying motivation to stick it to Wakanda. But if there literally was no other option left, then you can't fault the world for doing the ONLY thing they could do. If for example the Illuminati decided again to blow up other planets (something I can't fault them for not wanting to do), then yeah... stop Thanos. But at that point Thanos was willing to do what the Illuminati couldn't, so he was really their own choice. Sucks, but it was what it was. It's not like Wakanda doesn't get destroyed if the universe ends up being destroyed by an incursion, so it destroyed either way... the only difference is 2 entire universes go with it if they don't allow Thanos to do what he needs to do.

Thanos was undeniably being petty. He didn't need to destroy Wakanda... he was just doing it to stick it to Wakanda for defying him. So he at least falls under that category.
    Would this apply if we were talking about the US or any other Western nation?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The Ultimates I thought Adam was pretty lackluster
    T'Challa already covered tech and funds and alpha flight also provided some as well. Abd T'Challa was doing super science stuff. Adam just kinda was there. There wasn't any interest to BM, just slot of monologues. Which I think Ewing should of stuck to his original mission statement about what the ultimates were supposed to be instead of changing it.

As for AoW. To me it's the same issue as Ultimates. T'Challa is on a team with c listers and D listers and it's hard to get to A list status when your not with the other A listers or at least other rising Stars. He needs to bring in known Characters and ones who are actual good at espionage
    I've always seen T_Challa as being A-list.

I am however, somewhat tired of seeing characters pulling double duty across multiple titles whilst other characters in need of major exposure and development, remain overlooked and disregarded.

In my humble opinion, the head of the HZ should be Wakandan.

To my knowledge, Kasper, doesn't fit that category.

And as regards the Blue Marvel being "redundant"as a possible addition to the AoW, if Tony Stark and Pym being members of the Avengers/Illuminati alongside T'Challa did not take away feats from T'Challa, I somehow doubt Adam Brashear would pose any such threat to the Wakandan Monarch especially as they were able to co-exist within The Ultimates quite comfortably.

To me, it would have been interesting to see how the AoW's encounter with the Sentry would have played out if Adam Brashear was part of the team.

Instead, they had to call in the already over exposed Thor to provide the heavy hitter component in that instance.

As things stand right now, AoW is nothing more than Ultimates lite without true agency or recognizable impact.
    Powers of observation impeccable as always bro. I think that the plot maybe solidly written I still think we are getting a product that is indicative of typical hesitation to go all in on elements that lean heavily Wakandan (African) This is the perfect book to see things like mutants, heroes and super soldiers as done by Wakanda. Plus there's still room to throw in a few random outsider characters into the mix.

Secret Police != Military. Just like spies != commandos, despite what comics keep telling us.

My memory is slightly off. His father (Black Jack) is from Uganda. I only assumed the royalty part because of his role as Kibuka. Still, it was enough to get the tribal council off Kasper's back.
    T'Challa disbanded the secret police version of the HZ in Priests run if I'm not mistaken, so I think the current version appears to be some sort of brance of the military.

But even if the HZ are just secret police, Kasper doesn't really know the people, the place, or the culture. He can of course learn it... but I'd think he'd still be years away from being ready to actually run the operation. He can probably start on the ground floor and work his way up though.

I've always seen T_Challa as being A-list.

I am however, somewhat tired of seeing characters pulling double duty across multiple titles whilst other characters in need of major exposure and development, remain overlooked and disregarded.
    I would say he's on the cusp of A list on the comics side. Him being the chairman of the Avengers is going to go a long way giving him that push, his Solo needs a creative team to reinvigorate his world and also have an A lister mindset. I really think Redjack could do it. He's proven he gets T'Challa from the show and from the comics side too.

As for your other point. I get it and I agree There are certain Characters over exposed and need to be toned back I alittle so other's get get the exposure they need, however, that is not T'Challas responsibility to do so. Marvel comics lately has made a bad habit of trying to use T'Challas growing popularity to push other characters and not focusing on getting him where he needs to be first

T'Challa disbanded the secret police version of the HZ in Priests run if I'm not mistaken, so I think the current version appears to be some sort of brance of the military.

But even if the HZ are just secret police, Kasper doesn't really know the people, the place, or the culture. He can of course learn it... but I'd think he'd still be years away from being ready to actually run the operation. He can probably start on the ground floor and work his way up though.
    This is comics and T'Challa could appoint Kasper as the new leader of the HZ and it would be fine. His mission statement, to reform the HZ into something positive and good. He doesn't need years to be ready to run it. I'm pretty sure aneka, Ayo and Akili all came outta nowhere and yet they are the apparent leaders of the DM/Ma and HZ. So I'm pretty sure Kasper can just show up and get into the swing of things quickly of needed

BANNED

I would say he's on the cusp of A list on the comics side. Him being the chairman of the Avengers is going to go a long way giving him that push, his Solo needs a creative team to reinvigorate his world and also have an A lister mindset. I really think Redjack could do it. He's proven he gets T'Challa from the show and from the comics side too.

As for your other point. I get it and I agree There are certain Characters over exposed and need to be toned back I alittle so other's get get the exposure they need, however, that is not T'Challas responsibility to do so. Marvel comics lately has made a bad habit of trying to use T'Challas growing popularity to push other characters and not focusing on getting him where he needs to be first
    My brother, I really don't understand why some Black Panther enthusiasts tend to be somewhat hesitant in boldly claiming T'Challa as being an apex list character from day dot.

It's not as if Lee and Kirby the OG creators of T'Challa envisioned him as being anything less than A-list as was the case with all of their original characters

T'Challa has always been a top of the food chain character d spite how many times he's been done dirty by writers past and present, and he'll be A+list long after the current writers tenure of literary tyranny is over.

Adam Brashear is a character who deserves exposure, integration and proper usage within the fabric of the MU moreso than Thor ever would and as such, his inclusion within the AoW would be a step further n the right direction..

T'Challa being potentially overshadowed by other characters in a book is solely down to writers and not the characters he shares a team or solo book with.

Mighty Member

Casper would make a great liason type officer/spy for T'Challa inside the HZ. Finding out who is loyal or not, etc.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Miles needs to properly thank T'Challa for saving him in CwII and get those vibranium upgrades. Abd T'Challa needs some more high profile team ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Miles would be great especially as it could allow Panther to do properly pick up where Cable left off with possibly training Miles for expanded presence in MU. I would actually add Deathlok, Winter Soldier, War Machine and Wasp. Definitely have the HZ as support troops. While we're at it let's put Blue Marvel into play as additional tech guy and powerhouse backup.
    Cosigning both of you where Miles is concerned. Would love to see him with vibranium-enhanced web-shooters and a vibranium-weave spider-suit. While we're at it, could also throw in the Prowler (Hobie Brown), who gets sucked back into the life of a superhero because T'Challa needs someone on the streets of New York that could get in with the high-tech underworld. He could even team up with Kasper Cole, and maybe Cardiac --- who's been using vibranium to wage a one-man war on corruption in places of power --- could work with the Agents of Wakanda as well, since his actions against certain targets could be dismissed as the work of a crazed vigilante outlaw with no direct connection to T'Challa. After all, isn't that one of the main purposes for assembling the Agents of Wakanda: plausible deniability?

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Huntsman Spider that will be 8 dollars... And a buck fifty for shipping and handling!

Nine-fifty? Cool. I can hang with that.

Another excellent post.
    Thanks.

Again, you have to consider the situation in Time Runs Out. The incursions were destroying not one but 2 entire universes (Wakanda included, so sparing it from Thanos does it no favors). The heroes had no means to stop the incursions aside from destroying the alternate earth, and the Illuminati had already decided they werent' going to do that. What option besides Thanos did they really have at that point? What else were they going to do? It was an ugly decision... but given the situation also the right and the ONLY one.

If there was really ANY other viable option and the world just went with the Thanos option anyways I might agree there was an underlying motivation to stick it to Wakanda. But if there literally was no other option left, then you can't fault the world for doing the ONLY thing they could do. If for example the Illuminati decided again to blow up other planets (something I can't fault them for not wanting to do), then yeah... stop Thanos. But at that point Thanos was willing to do what the Illuminati couldn't, so he was really their own choice. Sucks, but it was what it was. It's not like Wakanda doesn't get destroyed if the universe ends up being destroyed by an incursion, so it destroyed either way... the only difference is 2 entire universes go with it if they don't allow Thanos to do what he needs to do.

Thanos was undeniably being petty. He didn't need to destroy Wakanda... he was just doing it to stick it to Wakanda for defying him. So he at least falls under that category.
    The necessary evil is still evil, and given the history and bad blood between Wakanda and the rest of the world, I'm not ready to say the rest of the world --- or to be more specific, certain world powers with very checkered pasts in Africa --- wasn't getting any schadenfreude out of seeing Wakanda savaged and ravaged by Thanos.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My brother, I really don't understand why some Black Panther enthusiasts tend to be somewhat hesitant in boldly claiming T'Challa as being an apex list character from day dot.

It's not as if Lee and Kirby the OG creators of T'Challa envisioned him as being anything less than A-list as was the case with all of their original characters

T'Challa has always been a top of the food chain character d spite how many times he's been done dirty by writers past and present, and he'll be A+list long after the current writers tenure of literary tyranny is over.

Adam Brashear is a character who deserves exposure, integration and proper usage within the fabric of the MU moreso than Thor ever would and as such, his inclusion within the AoW would be a step further n the right direction..

T'Challa being potentially overshadowed by other characters in a book is solely down to writers and not the characters he shares a team or solo book with.
    I think T'Challa is A list, however the comics doesn't treat him that way, abd it's been recent since marvel realized just how rich and vast and critical BP is and what his world brings to the table. I don't doubt Stan and Kirby's intentions, but in order to succeed, T'Challa needs the Priests, Hudlins, Cooglers and Redjacks of the world to continue the trend and the Roy's, Mayberrys and Coates of the World need to stay the hell away.

Abd i agree that Adam deserves exposure, he has an interesting backstory. However, in order to get the exposure, he needs to be in stories with other A listers. I wouldn't mind it being in AoW, T'Challa, Okoye, Kasper, WS, widow, wasp, Adam and Miles. Sound's like an odd Team but you mix known Characters that fit the agenda, with Wakandan Characters and then Characters that are rising properties. And Yes it's up to the writer's to bit have T'Challa be overshadowed, however, we don't have someone like hudlins writing the story, who originally wanted to write a team book with T'Challa leading and so writer's use BPs popularity and fanbase to push someone else (like BP abd the Crew) hence why we need someone who has T'Challas best interest in mind. Personally, if you make a book called "insert Character name and the insert team name" then the main focus needs to be on the character who's names on the title, ESPECIALLY when the name of the team is associated with the Character who's title is on the book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Powers of observation impeccable as always bro. I think that the plot maybe solidly written I still think we are getting a product that is indicative of typical hesitation to go all in on elements that lean heavily Wakandan (African) This is the perfect book to see things like mutants, heroes and super soldiers as done by Wakanda. Plus there's still room to throw in a few random outsider characters into the mix.
    Agreed 100% my brother.

Agents of Wakanda is a perfect book within which to explore all aspects of Wakandan intelligence/espionage as well as utilisation of home grown powered agents be the mutant or mutate.

And as you astutely pointed out, having a few more well known and established characters to flesh out the group would be more than appropriate under such a setting.

Alas, all we have is a book called Agents of Wakanda complete with a Wakandan Hellicarrier.

I guess a variation on the N'Yami Battlecruiser was out of the question.