Page 649 of 744 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Agreed 100% my brother.

Agents of Wakanda is a perfect book within which to explore all aspects of Wakandan intelligence/espionage as well as utilisation of home grown powered agents be the mutant or mutate.

And as you astutely pointed out, having a few more well known and established characters to flesh out the group would be more than appropriate under such a setting.

Alas, all we have is a book called Agents of Wakanda complete with a Wakandan Hellicarrier.

I guess a variation on the N'Yami Battlecruiser was out of the question.
    Im still very annoyed we haven't seen N'Yami motherships since the BP annual. We should see then come back we should also see other battle ships, like smaller ships, like say T'Chaka class battle cruisers, have them be between the size of N'Yami motherships and the Wakandan quinjets we see in the solo and around the MU. Then give us S'yan class assault prowler's. Abd other Wakandan vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Im still very annoyed we haven't seen N'Yami motherships since the BP annual. We should see then come back we should also see other battle ships, like smaller ships, like say T'Chaka class battle cruisers, have them be between the size of N'Yami motherships and the Wakandan quinjets we see in the solo and around the MU. Then give us S'yan class assault prowler's. Abd other Wakandan vehicles
    This, all day! It's crazy that most of the family in this thread have the vision and conviction that is sorely missing when it comes to our favorite African king!

Artist: Fajareka Setiawan

Shuri needs this as a pet cat

I got yo Black Cat right here...

Get Hectic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This, all day! It's crazy that most of the family in this thread have the vision and conviction that is sorely missing when it comes to our favorite African king!
    That's because most of us (with the exception of a few,) are genuine Black Panther enthusiasts invested in the Black Panther mythos.

We see infinite Afrofuturistic possibilities where others remain entertained by rape camps and stereotypical plot induced stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Agreed 100% my brother.

Agents of Wakanda is a perfect book within which to explore all aspects of Wakandan intelligence/espionage as well as utilisation of home grown powered agents be the mutant or mutate.

And as you astutely pointed out, having a few more well known and established characters to flesh out the group would be more than appropriate under such a setting.

Alas, all we have is a book called Agents of Wakanda complete with a Wakandan Hellicarrier.

I guess a variation on the N'Yami Battlecruiser was out of the question.
    I see what you guys are saying but here's the thing, we should be seeing all these things you're talking about in the BP solo. The solo is where we should be seeing the developments. I get the complaints about AoW, more Wakandans, more tech etc but the main thing we are getting from AoW is a better BP than we have seen from other spin-offs. And so far, I like AoW better than Ewings' Ultimates because of how Zub is handling BP.

BP is already leading a team of A-listers in Avengers. AoW is doing a far better job of showing off T'Challa than BP & The Crew or World of Wakanda ever did. To me, AoW a throwback to some of the classic Marvel titles, a book that's just straight up action and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I see what you guys are saying but here's the thing, we should be seeing all these things you're talking about in the BP solo. The solo is where we should be seeing the developments. I get the complaints about AoW, more Wakandans, more tech etc but the main thing we are getting from AoW is a better BP than we have seen from other spin-offs. And so far, I like AoW better than Ewings' Ultimates because of how Zub is handling BP.

BP is already leading a team of A-listers in Avengers. AoW is doing a far better job of showing off T'Challa than BP & The Crew or World of Wakanda ever did. To me, AoW a throwback to some of the classic Marvel titles, a book that's just straight up action and fun.
    I'm not necessarily putting blame on AoW for thenkack of BP vehicle's, rather i think the helicarrier should be the N'Yami mothership instead. However your are right, we should be seeing this stuff in the solo abd we aren't. We aren't getting Anything from thensolo at all. As I said, the last time we saw N'Yami motherships has been the BP annual, last tine we saw prowler's was rise, and that's it. I like how AoW is treating BP as well, I do think though the teams agenda dorsbt fit the cast we have seen so far though as its been abstract or Characters who's been in limbo. I want actual agents in the book personally. Thst doesn't mean im not enjoying it, but i definitely think sone potential is being missed.

But yes AoW is better then then BP spin offs (still salty thst Narcisse got some hamstrung in rise) and is better then ultimates so far by what it's doing.

Understood, however I think the things being mentioned are definitely from observation of tweaks that could be made to AOW, maybe not so much a hard put down of the series. Admittedly there's an overflow from shading of the solo series. Due to the serious failings fans of T'challa see a product that has him as headliner and we move to it with hope that he and his world will receive proper treatment due. AOW isn't a bad book, but it could so much more. I don't think there's anything wrong with pushing this book to be something Panther solo isn't. Keep in mind the book is themed with him and Wakanda.

I think if the book had been titled Black Panther & The Secret Avengers, I would have liked it more.

But if you are going to call a book The Agents of Wakanda, I would like to see actual Wakandan Agents in it.

I mean, Aaron even set up a lovely status quo with Roz Solomon, that they are doing nothing with:

I'm not necessarily putting blame on AoW for thenkack of BP vehicle's, rather i think the helicarrier should be the N'Yami mothership instead. However your are right, we should be seeing this stuff in the solo abd we aren't. We aren't getting Anything from thensolo at all. As I said, the last time we saw N'Yami motherships has been the BP annual, last tine we saw prowler's was rise, and that's it. I like how AoW is treating BP as well, I do think though the teams agenda dorsbt fit the cast we have seen so far though as its been abstract or Characters who's been in limbo. I want actual agents in the book personally. Thst doesn't mean im not enjoying it, but i definitely think sone potential is being missed.

But yes AoW is better then then BP spin offs (still salty thst Narcisse got some hamstrung in rise) and is better then ultimates so far by what it's doing.
    Yeah, there can be more Wakandans definitely. But like I said before, the title says Agents of Wakanda not Agents from Wakanda, they are proxies that BP is using.

On one hand people want A-listers on the team and then on the other people want more Wakandan's on the team. There's already an A-lister on the team, T'Challa. Zub has characters coming in and out, using a rotating cast, probably people he can use and get away with somethings.

As far as the N'Yami ships are concerned, they're more of Wakandan military so I don't expect them to be used as this team is not connected to the Wakandan military. T'Challa created new ships and tech for this team which is something we should be happy about. Anyone notice how T'Challa was in space in just the regular habit without a spacesuit unlike the other team members? All he had was a breather, it's little nods like that that I like seeing.

I think Zub has built a better foundation with AoW than any other BP spin-off and he's only issues in. BP isn't chumped, he's doing isht and it's got action.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Understood, however I think the things being mentioned are definitely from observation of tweaks that could be made to AOW, maybe not so much a hard put down of the series. Admittedly there's an overflow from shading of the solo series. Due to the serious failings fans of T'challa see a product that has him as headliner and we move to it with hope that he and his world will receive proper treatment due. AOW isn't a bad book, but it could so much more. I don't think there's anything wrong with pushing this book to be something Panther solo isn't. Keep in mind the book is themed with him and Wakanda.
    Sure, I want to see this title do well by T'Challa. That is my primary concern. As long as AoW isn't dogging BP and giving him his due, I'm good.

The BP solo should be giving us all of the character, tech and build up of Wakanda we're looking for. If BP is kicking ass and doing tech stuff in the AoW book, then I'm not too concerned about the title of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think if the book had been titled Black Panther & The Secret Avengers, I would have liked it more.

But if you are going to call a book The Agents of Wakanda, I would like to see actual Wakandan Agents in it.

I mean, Aaron even set up a lovely status quo with Roz Solomon, that they are doing nothing with:

Remember, there are agents doing things all over the world/universe. I'm sure we'll be seeing Roz Solomon again.

Remember, there are agents doing things all over the world/universe. I'm sure we'll be seeing Roz Solomon again.
    That's just it... they could be telling all sorts of stories, and instead, we get "Black Panther leads a bunch of C-listers on generic superhero missions".

I wonder if people are so thirsty for good BP stories, they are willing to settle for "just average".

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's just it... they could be telling all sorts of stories, and instead, we get "Black Panther leads a bunch of C-listers on generic superhero missions".

I wonder if people are so thirsty for good BP stories, they are willing to settle for "just average".
    We're only in issue 3. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We're only in issue 3. Lol
    I don't give comics the luxury of a "slow buildup" anymore. It's almost always not worth the wait, and a waste of time if the book gets canceled after 6 issues anyway.