Page 537 of 744 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except the mystical side goes against how Shuri is. Basically it's a lame undefined power that really doesn't seem that useful compared to Wakandan tech. Shuri seems weaker then she was in klaws or DW when she was sporting basically an iron panther suit (which was way more badass than the stuff she has now)
    Her powers are pretty useful. She's got flight, superhuman speed, superhuman strength, the ability to grow, the ability to turn stone, and the power to animate and control the dead (or Wakandan dead at least). Her solo book established she has the ability to potentially draw on the powers of any previous Wakandan in history, so she may have more powers in addition to what we've already seen.

And she still has the access to tech if need be. We was using a good amount of that too in her solo book when she lost her powers.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-21-2019 at 04:47 PM.

BANNED

Except the mystical side goes against how Shuri is. Basically it's a lame undefined power that really doesn't seem that useful compared to Wakandan tech. Shuri seems weaker then she was in klaws or DW when she was sporting basically an iron panther suit (which was way more badass than the stuff she has now)
    Shuri was a fantastic wheel that didn't require reinventing.

Unfortunately, after being miswritten by a succession of "writers" post Hickman, she's as undefined as T'Challa's manhood under Coates literary molestation of the BP Mythos.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 09-22-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I liked that "Iron Panther" suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Unfortunately, after being miswritten by a succession of "writers" post Hickman, she's as undefined as characters manhood under Coates literary molestation of the BP Mythos.
    If it ain't broke... Don't break it
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked that "Iron Panther" suit.
    It was truly badass. That was an easy way to distinguish herself form T'Challa

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Unfortunately, after being miswritten by a succession of "writers" post Hickman, she's as undefined as characters manhood under Coates literary molestation of the BP Mythos.
    "Literary molestation." I like that. I'm gonna use that somewhere.

Agreed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It kinda was broke once T'Challa regained the BP mantle. Shuri had no title, no powers, and she wasn't a tech person on par with T'Challa at the time. If they were going to use her as a viable hero rather than just a member of T'Challa's supporting cast, she needed SOMETHING.

MCU obviously side stepped the issue by literally making her the smartest person in the world. Had Hudlin thought of that at the start, Shuri probably wouldn't have needed to go the direction she did. But the genius teenage girl thing wasn't the fad back then that it is now.

Last I heard, Hickman said Black Panther was superhuman, probably due to the KOTD abilities.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's redundent NOW. At the time he got it, it was useful as far as repowering him and giving him a title without taking anything away from Shuri.

But yeah, generally speaking speaking to previous BP's never seemed all that useful to me for T'Challa at least. I always assumed he was smarter and frankly more experiened with the things he has to deal with than any of them.
    T'Challa is also supposed to have all of their knowledge, strength and abilities, which I feel Marvel has not really shown us or capitalized on. Personally I'd love to see T'Challa just straight up levitate while talking to somebody and shock the crap out of them, since one of the previous Black Panthers could levitate. And perhaps that's something that should be happening in the Avengers book...not only show T'Challa's tech feats but also show some KOTD feats as well.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    T'Challa is also supposed to have all of their knowledge, strength and abilities, which I feel Marvel has not really shown us or capitalized on. Personally I'd love to see T'Challa just straight up levitate while talking to somebody and shock the crap out of them, since one of the previous Black Panthers could levitate. And perhaps that's something that should be happening in the Avengers book...not only show T'Challa's tech feats but also show some KOTD feats as well.
    When the book stated that he had the strength and knowledge of the previous BP's I don't think that was actually literal. Even under Hickman, who invented the whole KOTD thing, he seemed rougly the same powerwise part from the ability to talk to the previoius BPs, and his ability to control zombies.

He got a few new abilities under Coates with the whole soul stalking thing, and the spear.

Incredible Member

I'm sure Tchalla has had a power creep as I call since Priest

It kinda was broke once T'Challa regained the BP mantle. Shuri had no title, no powers, and she wasn't a tech person on par with T'Challa at the time. If they were going to use her as a viable hero rather than just a member of T'Challa's supporting cast, she needed SOMETHING.

MCU obviously side stepped the issue by literally making her the smartest person in the world. Had Hudlin thought of that at the start, Shuri probably wouldn't have needed to go the direction she did. But the genius teenage girl thing wasn't the fad back then that it is now.
    Shuri could of been the iron (vibranium) panther. She wears ab actual suit and uses and relies heavily on tech like she did when she fought namor.

Frankly this title "griot" or "ancient future" is really dumb and her power is disjointed and not clearly defined, it simply becomes a poorly thought out plot device. There are better titles for her to get rather then what we got

Shuri could of been the iron (vibranium) panther. She wears ab actual suit and uses and relies heavily on tech like she did when she fought namor.

Frankly this title "griot" or "ancient future" is really dumb and her power is disjointed and not clearly defined, it simply becomes a poorly thought out plot device. There are better titles for her to get rather then what we got
    Yeah, she could have. Tech would have been one way to go, and it's probably the route the MCU will take.

I personally think having her go the mystical route makes her somewhat more unique, since T'CHalla usually leans more towards tech than magic. So Shuri being more mystical rather than tech oriented creates less overlap. But nonetheless, the tech route would have been an easy option.

As far as her powers being clearly defined... really it just means she has the powers of previous Wakanda warriors throughout history. It seems all over the place, because a lot of different Wakandans in the past had different powers. And yes, it is a bit of a plot device, in that you can in theory give her any power she needs by simply establishing a Wakandan in the past had that power. So far at least, they haven't gone too crazy with it.

Yeah, she could have. Tech would have been one way to go, and it's probably the route the MCU will take.

I personally think having her go the mystical route makes her somewhat more unique, since T'CHalla usually leans more towards tech than magic. So Shuri being more mystical rather than tech oriented creates less overlap. But nonetheless, the tech route would have been an easy option.

As far as her powers being clearly defined... really it just means she has the powers of previous Wakanda warriors throughout history. It seems all over the place, because a lot of different Wakandans in the past had different powers. And yes, it is a bit of a plot device, in that you can in theory give her any power she needs by simply establishing a Wakandan in the past had that power. So far at least, they haven't gone too crazy with it.
    Except the thing is, In order to make her the mystical type there had to be a complete change o. Character from who she was. That didn't actually work (especially given the isht Coates has had her say on his series) and is not at all In character of how Shuri would act. She has been made into a less likeable character on order to push an agenda.

As for her powers, the problem is the simple fact that it's been completely used as a plot device. It's too vague and just mention some last warrior and poof new power, which is ironic given that that is how KotD should work yet it's Shuri who is getting it since apparently the Black panthers only date back so far

BANNED

When the book stated that he had the strength and knowledge of the previous BP's I don't think that was actually literal. Even under Hickman, who invented the whole KOTD thing, he seemed rougly the same powerwise part from the ability to talk to the previoius BPs, and his ability to control zombies.

He got a few new abilities under Coates with the whole soul stalking thing, and the spear.
    It's kind of irrelevant what anyone thinks when something is clearly stated on the written page.

Hickman's deciding (for whatever reason) not to explore the very premise for T'Challa's KOTD status beyond the wholly ineffectual raising of zombies in Secret Wars II which wasn't even part of the original KOTD power set, was a monumental failure on the writers part.

If Hickman had opted to actually depict T'Challa drawing on the insights and unique powers of previous BP's and channeling same, this would have gone a long way towards organically growing T'Challa as a character which in turn, would have been a worthy addition to the overall BP Mythos.

Just imagine a T'Challa drawing on the experience, memories and powers if all BP's that preceded him, going up against a Dr Doom wholly unaware of T'Challa's evolution?

The possibilities would have been epic if followed through but unfortunately, Hickman lacked the wherewithal to actually explore T'Challa's growth as a character beyond largely forgettable magic negro kneeling in the dust tropes.

In the end, all we got from Hickman's T'Challa, were empty threats, juggling knives, oversized boxing gloves and.......zombies.