Page 281 of 744 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Can Tchalla get a sequel first before yall replace him with Shuri Damn
    When you have certain factions whose agenda is to bury one to prop up another one-all bets are off.

Shuri is NOT donning that outfit.

1) No way on Earth is Marvel going to see a film that made a billion by replacing Panther with his sister.

2) Marvel is not ready for a black woman lead film. If they were someone named MONICA would be going faster, higher and further.

3) The line starts to the left of folks who would take issue with movie version Shuri taking over and would make the Carol Danvers backlash look TAME.

If Hudlin's Shuri was in the first movie and took on Killmonger for the title-we could make a case. That version is no longer around.

Because she's not PROFITABLE movie wise. There seems to be constant reject to a bad azz black woman as the main lead in a film (hi Proud Mary).

Nerdy Shuri is way too PROFITABLE & Marketable. Especially when you are trying to sell SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY to black girls.

You have more black females in comics and books written like movie Shuri versus Hudlin's Shuri. That is NOT by accident.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa wouldn't even tell her she ran over some random redshirt with a car.

MCU Shuri =/= classic comic Shuri.

But yeah, let's go ahead and speculate a way to kill T'challa so we can elevate Shuri!

How should he die guys? Explosion like baba? That is poetic right! Sounds awesome!

T'challa can be the first main MCU hero to lose in his own movies! SWEET!!! That sounds like a 1 billion dollar idea! I bet even 4chan would love that shit. So 2billion!

Shuri fo life! Where is RealDeal at to remake that appreciation thread for her!?

You will see Riri Williams as Iron Man before you see Shuri as Panther. Disney is not going to mess with MONEY.

Folks forget how so many were screaming for a black male hero for black boys after the burials of Static & John Stewart. Pretty much every black male at DC.

Marvel gives us one unlike Star Wars or Star Trek post Deep Space 9. Now he needs to go to pump up Shuri?

SHuri needs to be HERSELF. She is way more PROFITABLE as herself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He was already BP for ten years. Maybe they didn't have a problem with his job performance. And Shuri did her challenge later. Right after Doomwar I think.
    Shuri's "challenge" came by way of the baptism of fire she underwent when she went up against Morlun in defense of Wakanda and her comatose brother in the aftermath of Doom's attempt in T'Challa's life.

The fact that she did this after being rejected by the Panther God made her actions all the more impressive and noble.

And that's why the Panther God eventually elevated Shuri to full Black Panther status.

T'challa wouldn't even tell her she ran over some random redshirt with a car.

MCU Shuri =/= classic comic Shuri.

But yeah, let's go ahead and speculate a way to kill T'challa so we can elevate Shuri!

How should he die guys? Explosion like baba? That is poetic right! Sounds awesome!

T'challa can be the first main MCU hero to lose in his own movies! SWEET!!! That sounds like a 1 billion dollar idea! I bet even 4chan would love that shit. So 2billion!

Shuri fo life! Where is RealDeal at to remake that appreciation thread for her!?
    It's true that MCU Shuri doesn't equal comic Shuri. Course, when we first saw MCU T'CHalla I don't think he equaled comic T'Challa either (don't believe me, just ask Priest). Not that he wasn't cool... but he was different from the comic version. Which doesn't mean that he can't evolve more into the version we see in comics. And who knows... maybe Shuri will evolve too. A LOT of young teenage heroes aren't necessarily hero ready right out of the gate. Sometimes the dough needs to bake in the oven a bit before they're ready to serve.

I think the problem here is that people unfairly view Shuri as a threat to T'Challa somehow. That her sucess and accomplisments somehow would diminish his. But really that's an irrational fear. BP's sucess will gurantee that T'CHalla isn't necessarily going anywhere until the actor is ready to hand up the tights (at which point continuing with Shuri would do MORE for the mythos than simply letting it vanish into thin air after Chadwick is gone). It's STILL T'Challa's franchise... but the stronger she is as an intellectual property, the stronger the franchise is as a whole because she has the potential to cater to slightly different demographics than him.

The difference people seem to forget, is that like MCU Nakia, MCU Shuri is completely different then her comic counter part all the way down to her core characteristics. MCU Shuri isn't jealous that T'Challa got the crown before she had the opportunity to due to pretty much bad luck, MCU Shuri doesn't care, she is snarky, witty, fun Loving modern teen who pokes fun at her older brother. She is actually very different from the comics. T'Challa at his core is still the same as the Comics. Yes in cw and in his solo he was the Priests version, but Priests is the the only version of the character. In fact I would say in the MCU do far, Tchalla has Been more of Hudlin's Panther. But he still holds his core characteristics.

No one is saying Shuris accomplishments will diminish T'Challas. People are saying that she is fundamentally different then the Comics and it would be a huge character change in order to get her to be BP, on top of that, no other mcu Character has a legacy character take over and Tchalla should not have to be the first just because people want comic synergy. Shuri has already reached a different demographic as she is now. They can expand on it without her taking T'Challas mantle. It doesn't matter if the BP mantle is passed down because the whole franchise is built around Tchalla
    He is the focus. Now if from the jump we saw different characters throughout the decades take over then it makes more sense, but frankly the only way Shuri takes over is for Tchalla to die.. and that should not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The difference people seem to forget, is that like MCU Nakia, MCU Shuri is completely different then her comic counter part all the way down to her core characteristics. MCU Shuri isn't jealous that T'Challa got the crown before she had the opportunity to due to pretty much bad luck, MCU Shuri doesn't care, she is snarky, witty, fun Loving modern teen who pokes fun at her older brother. She is actually very different from the comics. T'Challa at his core is still the same as the Comics. Yes in cw and in his solo he was the Priests version, but Priests is the the only version of the character. In fact I would say in the MCU do far, Tchalla has Been more of Hudlin's Panther. But he still holds his core characteristics.

No one is saying Shuris accomplishments will diminish T'Challas. People are saying that she is fundamentally different then the Comics and it would be a huge character change in order to get her to be BP, on top of that, no other mcu Character has a legacy character take over and Tchalla should not have to be the first just because people want comic synergy. Shuri has already reached a different demographic as she is now. They can expand on it without her taking T'Challas mantle. It doesn't matter if the BP mantle is passed down because the whole franchise is built around Tchalla
    He is the focus. Now if from the jump we saw different characters throughout the decades take over then it makes more sense, but frankly the only way Shuri takes over is for Tchalla to die.. and that should not happen.
    If Shuri ends up bring a legacy character she likely won't be the first. Stark and Steve, as far as we know have 1 movie left so Iron Heart or a new Captain America can potentially beat Shuri to the punch by as much as a decade.

And yes the franchise should be about Tchalla ... unless Tchalla is not around. If Boseman, in his 40s now, chooses to hang up his tights a decade from now then nothing is lost by passing the torch to Shuri, currently potrayed by an actress in her 20'. Anymore than anything would be lost if Riri was introduced after Tony is gone, or they decide to make Bucky or Sam Captain America.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-08-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Shuri ends up bring a legacy character she likely won't be the first. Stark and Steve, as far as we know have 1 movie left so Iron Heart or a new Captain America can potentially beat Shuri to the punch by as much as a decade.

And yes the franchise should be about Tchalla ... unless Tchalla is not around. If Boseman, in his 40s now, chooses to hang up his tights a decade from now then nothing is lost by passing the torch to Shuri, currently potrayed by an actress in her 20'. Anymore than anything would be lost if Riri was introduced after Tony is gone, or they decide to make Bucky or Sam Captain America.
    Or they recast Tchalla

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    My post about the Hulk buster out of thin air is in this issue.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Imagine how much momentum T'Challa would have if he had more badass scenes in Infinity War, wasn't dusted and played a big part in Endgame.

The hype for BP2 would be off the charts. Feige would have the budget pushing 300 mill.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ruth Carter working on Coming to America 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Or they recast Tchalla
    Yeah, that's why I've said a couple times I think how they handle Iron Man will potentially be a good indication of how they handle T'Challa when Chadwick finally hangs up the tights.

If they recast Iron Man, odds are descent T'Challa would be recast. But if we end up with Iron Heart, then I think there's a descent chance we'll get Shuri suiting up. And of course there's the possibility the franchise just sort of goes away to make room for new stuff. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Imagine how much momentum T'Challa would have if he had more badass scenes in Infinity War, wasn't dusted and played a big part in Endgame.

The hype for BP2 would be off the charts. Feige would have the budget pushing 300 mill.
    Imagine how much momentum BP2 would have if he had the highest selling solo movie of all time, the 3rd highest domestic total of all time, and won numerous awards including an oscar

and, once again, he had one of the highest, if not the highest, production budget for a solo movie.

but yeah, back to regular scheduled programming

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So I just rewatched Black Panther for the first time since it was in theaters. It's actually better than I remembered it being. Probably my biggest complaint in theaters was the CGI, which looked just fine on my television. The score is also better than I remembered (although I listened to it again for Oscar season so I already knew that). Killmonger's theme, in particular, is absolutely great and very memorable. Some of the quibbles people had, especially with W'Kabi, are founded but the movie definitely at least addresses everything even if they don't necessarily sell it.

To cycle back to the conversation we've been having with Endgame. I will say once again that I don't believe M'Baku wants to be Black Panther. I'm also not convinced he wants to rule Wakanda. He has strong beliefs and those beliefs aren't those of the rest of Wakanda. Of course, after the snap, things certainly change. I think there can be an interesting story there. But I don't really think this movie will have time to tell that story. I also generally prefer the writers and director of Black Panther to do the bulk of the Black Panther stories for now.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Imagine how much momentum BP2 would have if he had the highest selling solo movie of all time, the 3rd highest domestic total of all time, and won numerous awards including an oscar

and, once again, he had one of the highest, if not the highest, production budget for a solo movie.

but yeah, back to regular scheduled programming

MoS don't you know? None of that stuff matters, all that matters is that Tchalla didn't get a big enough part in IW and end game. That where the hype is at!
    His mere 700 mil domestic (IW was 24 mil short of this even with it being 10 years in the making), tons of record breaking, awards winning and Oscar winning, highest grossing hero of all time, and becoming a cultural event last year is all trash since he didn't get a bigger part in Avengers. All those achievements mean nothing!... Is how some would wabt you to think.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-08-2019 at 06:26 PM.