Page 42 of 744 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Moses Magnum is the perfect Villian for BP2 ..

If Doom is such a great villain, why wait until BP2? Let's start a petition to put him in the next ANT-MAN movie.

Maybe they can adapt FF #15 & 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I'd love to write a Zanda miniseries or something about the focus of this week's episode, YEMANDI, but I'm not sure how well our version lines up with what's been set up in the current comics.
    I say pitch it. Based on the current KILLMONGER & SHURI series, I don't think "lining up with the current comics" is much of a problem.

Doom is an FF villain, as is Namor, fundamentally.

I don't think either off them showing up to fight BP prior to whatever they plan on with the FF. (i have no insider data on anything. just my opinion).
    Yeah, what is Doom without his obsession and inferiority complex to Reed?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack
    I'd love to write a Zanda miniseries or something about the focus of this week's episode, YEMANDI, but I'm not sure how well our version lines up with what's been set up in the current comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    If Doom is such a great villain, why wait until BP2? Let's start a petition to put him in the next ANT-MAN movie.

Maybe they can adapt FF #15 & 16.
    Hell yeah, cosign!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I say pitch it. Based on the current KILLMONGER & SHURI series, I don't think "lining up with the current comics" is much of a problem.
    LOL YUP.

And both of those people just showed up in the comics too. They retconned something like 3 months old.

Zanda hasn't been seen since being made a joke out of by Hudlin. The only people who relaly know Zanda are in this thread lol

As a wise Senator once said...

Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-18-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Black Panther's solo movies are going to make his own mytho villains credible.

Doom War ain't happening. People need to get over it and cry to someone else to help their Doom-bae. T'Challa will kick his ass in an Avengers movie soon enough
    Hey, if we are going to talk about Doom-bae, might as well keep it 100 right?

We can just adapt Doom as the leader of the Supremacists right? That works for me. if you are gonna give us Doom, don't be shy. Go for it.

This is what the Doom-bae fandom wants right? Let's start sending this scans to Coogler ot prepare

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Personally, I think of Dr. Doom as almost exclusively a Fantastic Four villain. I wasn't a fan of DOOM WAR and wouldn't want a repeat in any other venue. That's just me. I think basically the same of Namor. I don't think it's likely either of those characters will make their debuts as part of BP's story and Doom, in particular, will almost certainly be linked with whatever version of the FF Marvel does LONG before he is with any other hero or team.

The reason we built the SHADOW COUNCIL this season was because i very much wanted to have BP-specific rogues that were both African and global. Marvel did too.

For me, I think they're mostly weak, so far, but all could easily be modified and made awesome. You saw what we did with Zanda. People seem to really like her which makes me REALLY happy. You can do that with any villain. Any. Even the Stiltman.

it was fun and easy. There were a lot of characters we rejected using for one reason or other but i love our Shadow Council and would love to make up or rework ALL of the BP rogues to make them real contenders.

Man... those guys aren't asking me for input on anything. But I'd push Zanda if i could. I'd bring back Klaue as a sonic energy being (already have it mapped out in my head). Their spin on M'Baku was WAY different than ours so I guess I wouldn't bother with that. And I'd toss out Mephisto in favor of Set or some other African deity. i do have a bunch of notions but I'm not in a position to do anything with them right now either on TV or in the comics. We always have to pitch stories to MARVEL and then they decide what they want to do.

Also, a lot of you guys are more into the "game of thrones" aspect of BP than I am. I like the James Bond/Hero version more than the King Over All version. This is possibly why my pitches for the character in comics weren't taken.

All good stuff here. If only one thing was taken from the show, I would want it to be Zanda. Easily the break out villain of the series so far. And the good thing about her is that in he comics she is basically a clean slate. Not much in terms of established continuity that couldn't be modified to the TV version (which she needs) I didn't care for her last appearance at all njb thr comics no offense to Hudlin) and she would make a great addition as a Catwoman to T'Challas Batman

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

We can just adapt Doom as the leader of the Supremacists right? That works for me. if you are gonna give us Doom, don't be shy. Go for it.

This is what the Doom-bae fandom wants right? Let's start sending this scans to Coogler ot prepare
    Could you imagine the outrage if they showed Dooms true colors? "WHY ARE YOU MAKING DOOM A RACIST!? THSTS NOT HOW HE IS! HES MISUNDERSTOOD! THE MOST COMPLICATED VILLAIN OF ALL"

Here's the thing... if Coogler decided to use Doom (and again for the record it's not something I'm expecting him to do), I honestly think he'd use the character well. GIven how he handled Killmonger, I would expect Doom to be both credible and 3 dimensional. So I at least wouldn't be worried. It is possible to handle both the villan and the hero respectfully... we've seen it in the first BP movie, so I wouldn't be worried at all with Coogler handling any MAJOR character I like the second time around.

Been reading this current conversation , going back and forth on using Doom and Namor....I'm still saying it's a bad idea. Doom for sure need to debut in a Fantastic Four movie, if the MCU gets far enough to go that route. And using Namor would just be lazy at this point. There would be no real drama for a new king to show up with no history established in the MCU to start some noise with T'Challa.

I said this in the Namor thread before the reboot and I still think it implies...T'Challa has his own villains and is a strong enough character to stand on his own. If T'Challa can not do that in a movie then he deserves to fail. Which won't happen. I hope Coogler is capable enough to use a villain in Marvel's tapestry that is from T'Challa's actual rogues. Then leech off other characters franchises.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ruh roh

Doom's old racist tweets from 2009 just resurfaced!

If this ever reached mainstream, the mouse gon force him to do a press tour on Oprah, The View, and the Breakfast Club. Charlamagne giving him donkey of the day
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Ruh roh

Doom's old racist tweets from 2009 just resurfaced!

If this ever reached mainstream, the mouse gon force him to do a press tour on Oprah, The View, and the Breakfast Club. Charlamagne giving him donkey of the day
    uh oh... we pulling receipts

oh no #metoo gets another one!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Here's the thing... if Coogler decided to use Doom (and again for the record it's not something I'm expecting him to do), I honestly think he'd use the character well. GIven how he handled Killmonger, I would expect Doom to be both credible and 3 dimensional. So I at least wouldn't be worried. It is possible to handle both the villan and the hero respectfully... we've seen it in the first BP movie, so I wouldn't be worried at all with Coogler handling any MAJOR character I like the second time around.
    Making Doom the raging racist he's been depicted as in some comics isn't the same as not using him well btw. As I've stated before, Klaw clearly had this dichotomy where he respected Wakandan advancements but simultaneously saw them as "savages" because it defied his view of Africans. Didn't make him any less of a fun villain even if we didn't get to see much of him, seeing as it enhanced T'CHALLA's story and created the whole vibe of outsiders not understanding Wakanda and it's king. Doom being made in that same vein but with perhaps more overt expressions coupled with the power to actually threaten Wakanda doesn't take away from his portrayal or make him any less 3 dimensional than if it wasn't included. There's no disrespect in that, especially when it's an avenue ripe for deconstruction in what would ultimately be a Black Panther film.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Making Doom the raging racist he's been depicted as in some comics isn't the same as not using him well btw. As I've stated before, Klaw clearly had this dichotomy where he respected Wakandan advancements but simultaneously saw them as "savages" because it defied his view of Africans. Didn't make him any less of a fun villain even if we didn't get to see much of him, seeing as it enhanced T'CHALLA's story and created the whole vibe of outsiders not understanding Wakanda and it's king. Doom being made in that same vein but with perhaps more overt expressions coupled with the power to actually threaten Wakanda doesn't take away from his portrayal or make him any less 3 dimensional than if it wasn't included. There's no disrespect in that, especially when it's an avenue ripe for deconstruction in what would ultimately be a Black Panther film.
    Again, I will simply say whatever Coogler hypothetically MIGHT do, I have faith it would do the character justice. His handling of Killmonger made him both credible and even sympathetic. He knows how to handle villains correctly. So I'd give Coogler the benefit if the doubt in this regard until he gives reason to think otherwise.

Beyond just Coogler, I think marvel studios in general has something to prove as far as handling the marvel characters Fox (in the eyes of many) mishandled. I think marvel wants to prove they can do a better job with these characters.

So no, I am in no way fearful of Coogler handling Doom IF Coogler chooses to do so. If anything I would look foreward to it. That said, I'm skeptical he would go in that direction... but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Could you imagine the outrage if they showed Dooms true colors? "WHY ARE YOU MAKING DOOM A RACIST!? THSTS NOT HOW HE IS! HES MISUNDERSTOOD! THE MOST COMPLICATED VILLAIN OF ALL"
    "Bbbut Coogler is a reverse-racist!"

"Bbbut Coogler's not using the character well!"

Here's the thing tho, just because Coogler would depict Doom as the racist european dictator that he is (which is essentially his most common theme with BP in comics), doesn't mean Doom wouldn't be used well

Racist scumbags can be multifaceted and 3 dimensional.

But is that what Doom-bae fans want?

Nope.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

"Bbbut Coogler is a reverse-racist!"

"Bbbut Coogler's not using the character well!"

Here's the thing tho, just because Coogler would depict Doom as the racist european dictator that he is (which is essentially his most common theme with BP in comics), doesn't mean Doom wouldn't be used well

Racist scumbags can be multifaceted and 3 dimensional.

But is that what Doom-bae fans want?

Nope.
    They should make MCU Reed black.

Would make the Doom obsession that much better