Page 291 of 744 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wet fart

Bast almighty

Well, something fun to look forward too
    -So is it 2019 on earth, or is it 4019?

-Threating the mound is going to become a running gag like destroying Atlantis.

Wet fart

Bast almighty

Well, something fun to look forward too
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that it's going to be 14 issue's in before seemingly N'jadaka and Tchalla make contact with each other? I swear any other writer would of jumped on this to make it an epic WAKANDAN Galactic story and not wanna be star wards that claims to be middle passage

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    -So is it 2019 on earth, or is it 4019?
    Obviously, we'll have to wait and see, but my interpretation from last issue is this is contacting present day.

This confirms my thoughts that this story wasn't close to done. I'd expect two more trades.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Obviously, we'll have to wait and see, but my interpretation from last issue is this is contacting present day.

This confirms my thoughts that this story wasn't close to done. I'd expect two more trades.
    I had theory when it first started that the Wakanans went back in time and we're in the present 2000 years later from their perspective. Because Tchalla is represented in the holographic presentation by Nyami as being an ancestor.

Or this is all just a dream sequence. lol
    Last edited by Cville; 04-18-2019 at 03:23 PM.

about halfway through this video
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I have lots of problems with the battle of Wakanda and he talked about a few of them.

Exactly some of the problems I had with the battle.

This will be a great opportunity for to develop their military tactic in the next movies further showing a sense of improvement. Not really sure about the Jabari tribe having advanced weapons since that doesn't correlate with their ideology.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-19-2019 at 02:56 AM.

(I admittedly skipped around)

Most the points are valid. (except the jets. There were jets shooting the outrider ships lol)

But ignores the why... spears, charging, H2H against insurmountable odds is simply cinematic and cool to watch. And CGI jets front and center are expensive lol

Like the Battle of New York in Avengers 1. Why didn't SHIELD mobilize all the fighter jets they had? You telling me they had ONE carrier and that was all their jets lol? Where was the response from the military? The reason isn't "lulz bad battle tactics!" The reason is that it is more fun to watch Hulk punch space whales.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

No wonder the Black Panther characters seemed...off.

Wakandan characters (BP, Okoye, Shuri, M'baku) were not off at all.

T'challa got 3 minutes, Okoye got 3 minutes, M'baku got like 45 seconds, and Shuri got like 60 seconds.

In that tiny amount of time, their characterizations were fine. T'challa was the noble confident king. Okoye was the sass queen, and Shuri was the dickhead way too smart teenager. M'baku barked lol. They were all perfectly in character.

Copying over random Tumblr quotes is even worse than random twitter.

Russo's TWS + CW + IW >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nolan's BB + TDK + TDKR
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Wet fart
    With no signs of soap, water, wash cloth, & replacement underwear (aka a new creative team) in sight.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

These are some really good point actually, even if these battles always operate on the rule of cool rather than actual practically.

Obviously the Russos had a stuffed movie to do so much, and they didn't really want to (or have the time to) really show the might of the Wakandan military. The air force should have been more prominent, turrets, Panther's Teeth and Prowlers should have been whipped out and a straightforward charge shouldn't have been used immediately (as cool as that running shot of BP and Cap was).

Like the video said, T'Challa should have withdrawn most of his troops to the city to defend it efficiently while others kept the Outriders busy...but that would have changed the entire movie and story. More time would have been spent in Wakanda and that didn't seem to be the structure the Russos had in mind. Which is unfortunate because the entire battle would have had more tension.

The video also talks about antique weapons and while I think the Wakandan weapons are bit underrated (or haven't been shown well enough against non Wakandan weapons) I think it's kinda was Coogler's point for them to be ancient. He wanted that tradition vs progress thing going on throughout his movie, and he does use it as an opportunity to critique Wakanda a little. But also the Wakandan weapons are meant to look like they can't do damage but they do. Remember, Killmonger stated a sonic spear could take out a tank. Infinity War dropped the ball showing how capable their simple weapons look.

But anyway, I think perhaps the sequel (or a later film) could see T'Challa overhauling the Wakandan military a little. On one hand, I don't want this change to look more Western, say with typical rifles or blasters. I want Wakandan tech and weaponry to continue to look different from the norm while clearly being advanced. I'm not too sure how to do that but I hope that's something Coogler and Bleacher (if she hopefully remains) can pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    These are some really good point actually, even if these battles always operate on the rule of cool rather than actual practically.

Obviously the Russos had a stuffed movie to do so much, and they didn't really want to (or have the time to) really show the might of the Wakandan military. The air force should have been more prominent, turrets, Panther's Teeth and Prowlers should have been whipped out and a straightforward charge shouldn't have been used immediately (as cool as that running shot of BP and Cap was).

Like the video said, T'Challa should have withdrawn most of his troops to the city to defend it efficiently while others kept the Outriders busy...but that would have changed the entire movie and story. More time would have been spent in Wakanda and that didn't seem to be the structure the Russos had in mind. Which is unfortunate because the entire battle would have had more tension.

The video also talks about antique weapons and while I think the Wakandan weapons are bit underrated (or haven't been shown well enough against non Wakandan weapons) I think it's kinda was Coogler's point for them to be ancient. He wanted that tradition vs progress thing going on throughout his movie, and he does use it as an opportunity to critique Wakanda a little. But also the Wakandan weapons are meant to look like they can't do damage but they do. Remember, Killmonger stated a sonic spear could take out a tank. Infinity War dropped the ball showing how capable their simple weapons look.

But anyway, I think perhaps the sequel (or a later film) could see T'Challa overhauling the Wakandan military a little. On one hand, I don't want this change to look more Western, say with typical rifles or blasters. I want Wakandan tech and weaponry to continue to look different from the norm while clearly being advanced. I'm not too sure how to do that but I hope that's something Coogler and Bleacher (if she hopefully remains) can pull off.
    What we saw is basically how super hero fiction normally operates. Guys fighting on the ground hand to hand, or with super powers.

Wakandan characters (BP, Okoye, Shuri, M'baku) were not off at all.

T'challa got 3 minutes, Okoye got 3 minutes, M'baku got like 45 seconds, and Shuri got like 60 seconds.

In that tiny amount of time, their characterizations were fine. T'challa was the noble confident king. Okoye was the sass queen, and Shuri was the dickhead way too smart teenager. M'baku barked lol. They were all perfectly in character.

Copying over random Tumblr quotes is even worse than random twitter.

Russo's TWS + CW + IW >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nolan's BB + TDK + TDKR
    Coogler and Russo's BP's were dealing with different circumstances in every film. However, I'd argue there are some minor differences in the way the Russo's direct T'Challa versus Coogler
    The J-man

with War of the Realms, what monsters are invading the African continent, and what is the Panther and other diaspora heroes doing about it?