Page 584 of 744 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 11160

If the title was Agents From Wakanda then yes, there should be more Wakandans. Should there be more Wakandans? Probably so.

If the book delivers good actions and feats for T'Challa, then I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If the title was Agents From Wakanda then yes, there should be more Wakandans. Should there be more Wakandans? Probably so.

If the book delivers good actions and feats for T'Challa, then I'm good.
    We thinking the same thing. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But I'll give zub a chance since at the least, each arc is only 2 issues long. So this one may not be super spy, but maybe the next ones will be since right now they are just trying to get the readers in. I feel like this is similar to JAs avengers. The first arc is get people in while the following arcs will start to dive on to the met and potatoes of the groups mission statement.
    By now, you should know my reaction to the idea "Keep reading! I'm sure it'll make sense later!"

Seriously, though, if they really wanted to play that superspy vibe there are much better ways to handle this. Take a bit of the movie War Dogs, mix in a dollop of the TV version of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, and add a dash of BATMAN INC. for spice.

Imagine an ad campaign like this:

First poster: One of Marvel's traditional all-black ads with the phrase "Who are the Agents of Wakanda?"

And then, every few days/weeks release a new poster.

"I am Kevin Cole... and I am an Agent of Wakanda."

"I am Jason Strongbow... and I am an Agent of Wakanda."

"I am Navid Hashim... and I am an Agent of Wakanda."

Possibly even "I am Nakia Q'noma... and I am an Agent of Wakanda."

Play it right, and you'd have people wondering what that means. And then reveal that T'Challa has recruited heroes, villains, and ordinary citizens around the world to work with Wakandan Intelligence to handle issues not suitable for the Avengers' more confrontational style.

You could then do ACTUAL superspy stories with a rotating cast, without having to deal with Aaron's leftovers.

BANNED

I hear ya. I agree it should throw in Kasper and Shuri on the team as well. But if T'Challa and Okoye are front and center driving the story with T'Challa taking priority over all I can get behind it and Wakanda showing off it's tech on a grand scale
    I don't think Shuri needs to be on the team myself.

I just thought that there would be more actual Wakandans on the team.

And for continuities sake, Sofija from the David Liss BP run, would have been excellent character to have as an Agent of Wakanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    By now, you should know my reaction to the idea "Keep reading! I'm sure it'll make sense later!"

Seriously, though, if they really wanted to play that superspy vibe there are much better ways to handle this. Take a bit of the movie War Dogs, mix in a dollop of the TV version of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, and add a dash of BATMAN INC. for spice.

First poster: One of Marvel's traditional all-black ads with the phrase "Who are the Agents of Wakanda?"

Play it right, and you'd have people wondering what that means. And then reveal that T'Challa has recruited heroes, villains, and ordinary citizens around the world to work with Wakandan Intelligence to handle issues not suitable for the Avengers' more confrontational style.

You could then do ACTUAL superspy stories with a rotating cast, without having to deal with Aaron's leftovers.
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This book should’ve basically been Secret Avengers but with a Wakandan twist. 3 Wakandan agents (T’Challa, Shuri, Kasper) and then 2 legit super-spies like Black Widow and Winter Soldier. Then the rotating spot to highlight guys like Fat Cobra or Ka-Zar (who I actually think is a good choice for a team like this). Still, I’m pretty satisfied with what we got because the story is engaging and Wakandan tech is getting showcased.
    More than anything I think Aaron just found a reason to cram a bunch of c list characters he likes into his Avengers book (which this obviously spins out of). AoW has to work with what Aaron gave. The group is incredibly random and in a lot of ways makes zero sense... but that also is arguably a part of its charm.

And there is a certain brilliance to having a under cover group acting of Wakanda behalf NOT made up of Wakandans.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-13-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

And for continuities sake, Sofija from the David Liss BP run, would have been excellent character to have as an Agent of Wakanda.
    I only say wait and see for myself because the arcs are do short.. otherwise I'm on the same boat, Coates has killed that optimistic view a long time ago.

That being said I really like your idea and that would be awesome, especially adding in some villains as well your version would be the way to go, get the hype, tease some known characters, and go from there. Hindsight man.

I don't think it would hurt to have Shuri, it's better than what is going on with her otherwise, but again this would of been the time to bring back characters from Limbo

I only say wait and see for myself because the arcs are do short.. otherwise I'm on the same boat, Coates has killed that optimistic view a long time ago.

That being said I really like your idea and that would be awesome, especially adding in some villains as well your version would be the way to go, get the hype, tease some known characters, and go from there. Hindsight man.
    Thanks. I've always been good at coming up with story ideas.

Implementing them… not so much.

Thanks. I've always been good at coming up with story ideas.

Implementing them… not so much.
    i think that with the right backing you would do just fine if given the chance

i think that with the right backing you would do just fine if given the chance
    I'm truly flattered, but at my age, that's pretty unlikely.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea I'm not sure why agents of wakanda have so many non-wakandans. I was expecting something quite the opposite with the announcement of the book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I'm not sure why agents of wakanda have so many non-wakandans. I was expecting something quite the opposite with the announcement of the book.
    I think most sensible people would've expected the same but this is what happens when some writers do their utmost to rubbish a mythos thus diminishing story potential for other writing teams to build from.

There's no reason on earth why a combination of Wakandan supers, Dora Milaje and Hatut Zeraze could not have been incorporated into the book as active agents of worth, thus drawing from the rich tapestry of the BP mythos built up over the years.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 10-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.

I think most sensible people would've expected the same but this is what happens when some writers do their utmost to rubbish a mythos thus diminishing story potential for other writing teams to build from.

There's no reason on earth why a combination of Wakandan supers, Dora Milaje and Hatut Zeraze could not have been incorporated into the book as active agents of worth, thus drawing from the rich tapestry of the BP mythos built up over the years.
    Part of me wonders if this is due to the Coates effect. His book really does nothing to incorporate, or even address all the things being done with Black Panther in other books. It truly seems as though Marvel threw him the book and said do what you want, we don't care cause we're doing what we want to do. At the end of the day this doesn't allow for the character to have the type of integration and build up to do really big things. Look at what has been, and currently is being done with Thor. Breakdown and the slow methodical rebuilding setting up higher profile in Marvel universe. This was done through his and other books working together.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Part of me wonders if this is due to the Coates effect. His book really does nothing to incorporate, or even address all the things being done with Black Panther in other books. It truly seems as though Marvel threw him the book and said do what you want, we don't care cause we're doing what we want to do. At the end of the day this doesn't allow for the character to have the type of integration and build up to do really big things. Look at what has been, and currently is being done with Thor. Breakdown and the slow methodical rebuilding setting up higher profile in Marvel universe. This was done through his and other books working together.
    I think part of that is because Jason Aaron is an "event" writer so they're more likely to work with him. He started Thor out high than took him down in an event, was willing to go with Jane Thor, built up a war in the background for years, than brought Thor back up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think part of that is because Jason Aaron is an "event" writer so they're more likely to work with him. He started Thor out high than took him down in an event, was willing to go with Jane Thor, built up a war in the background for years, than brought Thor back up.
    Hudlin was in the process of doing the same thing during his BP run.

Unfortunately, Maberry deliberately fumbled the ball with Doomwar and T'Challa has never been the same ever since.