Page 585 of 744 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Part of me wonders if this is due to the Coates effect. His book really does nothing to incorporate, or even address all the things being done with Black Panther in other books. It truly seems as though Marvel threw him the book and said do what you want, we don't care cause we're doing what we want to do. At the end of the day this doesn't allow for the character to have the type of integration and build up to do really big things. Look at what has been, and currently is being done with Thor. Breakdown and the slow methodical rebuilding setting up higher profile in Marvel universe. This was done through his and other books working together.
    I definitely put it down to Coates malignant impact on the BP mythos spreading beyond the confines of the BP solo into the wider MU like a cancerous growth.

With Tchalla Bloodline being Avatar to a god, And Storm being a living breathing goddess, does this make Tchalla and Ororo Children Demi God's? Or Something similar to what Shuri is or like Reg Asgardian?
    Or something more,?
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    With Tchalla Bloodline being Avatar to a god, And Storm being a living breathing goddess, does this make Tchalla and Ororo Children Demi God's? Or Something similar to what Shuri is or like Reg Asgardian?
    Or something more,?
    What do you think?
    Of the children we know of Azari is a mutant with lightning powers and Hudlins children didn't appear to show any signs of mutations. But if its true that mutation is passed along the male line, then they wouldn't be anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Of the children we know of Azari is a mutant with lightning powers and Hudlins children didn't appear to show any signs of mutations. But if its true that mutation is passed along the male line, then they wouldn't be anyway.
    I thought it was implied that hudlin kids were empowered,

But again. Asking about God or God like status,

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Or something more,?
    What do you think?
    I would say absolutely make them demigods. I never thought about it like this until you mentioned it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I thought it was implied that hudlin kids were empowered,

But again. Asking about God or God like status,
    One of the daughters might have Storms ability to fly at least. I think she was flying in the latest annual.

Wouldn't any latent god powers only work with the daughters? Since it passes down the female line?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Take it FWIW but some have speculated its Donald Glover for Black Panther 2. Again just speculation.
    Daniel Richtman
    ‏ @DanielRPK

I see Marvel doesn't give a **** about casting the same actors for other roles anymore.
    I'm saying it cuz I heard a name as a possible casting choice for something and he was already in the MCU. If he'll get it.
    https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...31040048287744

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Attachment 88303

Remember when Coates said the following about Captain America, when he wasn't writing him. Funny how things change. It think this interview shows Coates knows who he's writing for when it comes to Captain America, which lets you know why Steve is being depicted the way he is in Coates run. Furthermore, shows how Coates looks at the two different audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Take it FWIW but some have speculated its Donald Glover for Black Panther 2. Again just speculation.

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...31040048287744
    Wheres that? A quick scroll and I saw people talking about everyone, but him.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Wheres that? A quick scroll and I saw people talking about everyone, but him.
    Because the actual rumor is Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron) as Maximus the Mad of the Inhumans in the Ms Marvel Disney+ series, not Donald Glover as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Attachment 88303

Remember when Coates said the following about Captain America, when he wasn't writing him. Funny how things change. It think this interview shows Coates knows who he's writing for when it comes to Captain America, which lets you know why Steve is being depicted the way he is in Coates run. Furthermore, shows how Coates looks at the two different audiences.
    when was this??

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    when was this??
    Im interested in what the original question was.

"Are you aware people don't like what you are doing with Tchalla"? Maybe. lol

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    when was this??
    Here is the link to the original article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/ta-nehisi-co...her-1786632598

Attachment 88314

The article was basically Coates response to fans complaining about what he's doing to the BP mythos. Re-reading it now in hindsight, you can see Coates' hypocrisy in full display.

When BP fans wanted him to display T'Challa right, he considered it them wanting there "black male machismo". But, when he writes Cap correctly, it's as if that just the natural order of things. And he's supposed to be this "woke pro-black" writer.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 10-16-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Because the actual rumor is Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron) as Maximus the Mad of the Inhumans in the Ms Marvel Disney+ series, not Donald Glover as far as I know.
    Why would Maximus even need to be in that show? Medusa and Black Bolt, sure, but the rest of the royals seem to be unnecessary, since the purpose would just be to set up Kamala finding out about her Inhuman heritage and getting Lockjaw.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Here is the link to the original article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/ta-nehisi-co...her-1786632598

Attachment 88314

The article was basically Coates response to fans complaining about what he's doing to the BP mythos. Re-reading it now in hindsight, you can see Coates' hypocrisy in full display.

When BP fans wanted him to display T'Challa right, he considered it them wanting there "black male machismo". But, when he writes Cap correctly, it's as if that just the natural order of things. And he's supposed to be this "woke pro-black" writer.
    Yeah, dude cones off on some pretentious nonsense in there. Lol at the point where he is saying fans don't want to see T'Challa as some power fantasy. Dude is the king of the most technologically advanced nation on earth. And fights above his weight class consistently using his genius, fighting prowess and tech.. but folks don't want a power fantasy? He thinks THIS, what he's been doing for the past 3 years is what people want? This is going to be remembered as incredible??

Nah man. This interview is funny as isht because he is such a frakking hypocrite