Page 451 of 744 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yea. Its only good when constantly complaining or bashing Coates for his Black Panther. Now that is not repetitive and redundant. Everyone has to agree.
    First of all, I'm rarely on here when people discuss the latest BP Coates issue because I don't read his comics anymore and haven't in 1-2 years.

Second, you know damn well I'm talking specifically about you and what you always do. Anything here could be discussed and in you come with the same thing. "X thing in Russo-Bros-MCU-movie was better than Y thing in Coogler-BP-movie," coupled with usually unpopular or purposely controversial opinions on Twitter as if that makes anything said a fact. It's insanely annoying and repetitive, and it's the ONLY THING I've ever seen you talk about here.

Third, this is not the first time I've complained or stated the thread is being derailed or repetitive, whether it's arguments about Storm (which always brings those users on here), or any form of negativity. It's why I'm barely on here.

Fourth, you've been talking about liking Coates lately. Where are you when the latest issue is out? How come you never give your opinion about it? How come you're never here to actually discuss it if you like him so much and dislike it when he is bashed? What fruitful discussion do you actually add to the topic? It's not as if liking the story and being the minority in that has ever driven XPac or Mike Murdock out of here. Sure, they majority of us will disagree (most times very passionately), but it's not as if we're telling them to GTFO. If you're reading it, talk about it.

And finally, there's simply no other way to view what you did as unnecessarily attention seeking. Pretty much everyone was on another topic, something I haven't seen discussed in a long while and there you are, with the exact same complaint as last time, and the time before, and the time before that. Way to go to take out all the positivity out of the thread and derail it. There's nothing you've said that you haven't before. Why are you repeating it? It's not an ongoing issue.

I think we'll see boss and warrior Panther in Agents of Wakanda. While Aarons's doing good job with BP in Avengers, T'Challa really can't get his hands dirty. Too many big guns so the feats have to be spread out and Avengers gotta maintain that rep.

Agents of Wakanda can go all out with covert stuff and getting BP's hands dirty

Incredible Member

I find myself still baffled that people think Hawkeye got a 1-up on T'Challa. T'Challa roasted him, sent a elbow to his face, broke his bow, and left him splayed on the ground. Clint putting his arms around him is nothing. like at all.

The Widow scene I can see because T'Challa's suit should have been insulated against electricity. That's a gaping oversight in design lol.

I won't further touch on the Russos vs. Coogler debate. I will just say that I still prefer the CW mask much more over the solo's and hope for the sequel they opt for a similar design to the former.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    First of all, I'm rarely on here when people discuss the latest BP Coates issue because I don't read his comics anymore and haven't in 1-2 years.

Second, you know damn well I'm talking specifically about you and what you always do. Anything here could be discussed and in you come with the same thing. "X thing in Russo-Bros-MCU-movie was better than Y thing in Coogler-BP-movie," coupled with usually unpopular or purposely controversial opinions on Twitter as if that makes anything said a fact. It's insanely annoying and repetitive, and it's the ONLY THING I've ever seen you talk about here.

Third, this is not the first time I've complained or stated the thread is being derailed or repetitive, whether it's arguments about Storm (which always brings those users on here), or any form of negativity. It's why I'm barely on here.

Fourth, you've been talking about liking Coates lately. Where are you when the latest issue is out? How come you never give your opinion about it? How come you're never here to actually discuss it if you like him so much and dislike it when he is bashed? What fruitful discussion do you actually add to the topic? It's not as if liking the story and being the minority in that has ever driven XPac or Mike Murdock out of here. Sure, they majority of us will disagree (most times very passionately), but it's not as if we're telling them to GTFO. If you're reading it, talk about it.

And finally, there's simply no other way to view what you did as unnecessarily attention seeking. Pretty much everyone was on another topic, something I haven't seen discussed in a long while and there you are, with the exact same complaint as last time, and the time before, and the time before that. Way to go to take out all the positivity out of the thread and derail it. There's nothing you've said that you haven't before. Why are you repeating it? It's not an ongoing issue.
    Remove your emotion and actually read the last few pages. There was no negativity. No hate. Just good healthy discussion and you responded the way you did. I have been here for a long time and never really voice my opinion because the majority of BP posts about Coates have been negative.

So..why bother. I tried it one time and was nothing but pushback. At least with movie discussions there isn't a bunch of hate directed at one of the prominent black writers out there.

You can't even suggest that its not as bad as everyone thinks or that Coates actually did some good things/ideas. Scan through the entire T'Challa threads and I guarantee its mostly negative in regards to Coates. Not even a hint of positivity.

So yea instead of adding to that I prefer to discuss the movie and how it can be improved. NOT HATE.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-08-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think we'll see boss and warrior Panther in Agents of Wakanda. While Aarons's doing good job with BP in Avengers, T'Challa really can't get his hands dirty. Too many big guns so the feats have to be spread out and Avengers gotta maintain that rep.

Agents of Wakanda can go all out with covert stuff and getting BP's hands dirty
    Yeah I hope to see T'Challa doing some more work he needs to be shown as the most dangerous man alive.

BANNED

Remove your emotion and actually read the last few pages. There was no negativity. No hate. Just good healthy discussion and you responded the way you did. I have been here for a long time and never really voice my opinion because the majority of BP posts about Coates have been negative.

So..why bother. I tried it one time and was nothing but pushback. At least with movie discussions there isn't a bunch of hate directed at one of the prominent black writers out there.

You can't even suggest that its not as bad as everyone thinks or that Coates actually did some good things/ideas. Scan through the entire T'Challa threads and I guarantee its mostly negative in regards to Coates. Not even a hint of positivity.

So yea instead of adding to that I prefer to discuss the movie and how it can be improved. NOT HATE.
    I like discussing ways to better improve T’Challa and Wakanda in the next movie. I also enjoy his solo and much of the symbolism that’s there even if many have grown bored of Coates and his work.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I like discussing ways to better improve T’Challa and Wakanda in the next movie. I also enjoy his solo and much of the symbolism that’s there even if many have grown bored of Coates and his work.
    I've enjoyed Coates' take overall on BP even though like you mentioned sometimes it gets boring/redundant. This current arc has gone on a little longer than needed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'm not sure what sparked this exchange, so iunno who's in the right here because I'm rarely on this thread (tho I'd like to), but you highlight the reason I don't come here often. it seems like, a lot of the time, things I like about BP are getting **** on over here, particularly when it pertains to Coates or his run. While I haven't loved everything on his run (admittedly I drift occasionally), I have been catching up on his Galactic Wakanda story and I'm actually REALLY enjoying it. which surprised me because my only point of reference for it were criticism from this thread.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-08-2019 at 10:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've enjoyed Coates' take overall on BP even though like you mentioned sometimes it gets boring/redundant. This current arc has gone on a little longer than needed.
    I agree here. I've enjoyed the space arc but I'm ready for it to end.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm a little suprised it went past 12 issues. Aside from that being a break from his usual pattern, 12 is sort of the norm when you're writing for trades.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm with you. I know his action scenes leave much to be desired, but the symbolism that his work is saturated in says a whole lot. His last two issues put T'Challa and Bast on the map in a huge way. We see why Bast is Bast. I absolutely love black woman Bast! And I love that we see why she has such an affinity for T'Challa. And I just love when his intellect is on full display alongside his prowess as a martial artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm not sure what sparked this exchange, so iunno who's in the right here because I'm rarely on this thread (tho I'd like to), but you highlight the reason I don't come here often. it seems like, a lot of the time, things I like about BP are getting **** on over here, particularly when it pertains to Coates or his run. While I haven't loved everything on his run (admittedly I drift occasionally), I have been catching up on his Galactic Wakanda story and I'm actually REALLY enjoying it. which surprised me because my only point of reference for it were criticism from this thread.
    Funny thing is I use this thread to gauge just how much black love is present in his solo. Issues that aren't solo used to build up T'Challa (despite the fact that any care and detail put into his corner of the MU ultimately strengthens him by default because he's the lynchpin) its seen as anti-black male. I never get the impression that self reflection is a desired quality in the most influential black male comic character to enter the zeitgeist.

BANNED

This thread has become so repetitive and redundant.
    It's been like this for awhile now.

But then again, as nothing of worth is going on in the current BP solo, I suppose a bit of stagnation in thread discussion topics, shouldn't be surprising.

Pretty sure the last like... 8 months of Coates issues went like this

1. me or cville post a 3 line summary that involves the words "good art" "this is going no where" "cliffhanger"
    2. me or cville respond to the previous summary
    3. about 5 ish posts from various people seemingly bored of the storyline
    4. if storm was in the preview, 2-3 storm fans posts. depending on how much she was in it, it dictates how happy they are
    5. xpac posts something. idk what, can't see it
    6. mike shows up like 12 hours after everyone else and posts luke warm positive response and how this might be better in trade

then everyone moves on. There hasn't been a firey discussion about Coates since the Season 1 no one man debacle and then after the last issue of Season 2 with the storm the wakandan goddess debacle.

Certain people really exaggerate how much hate he gets in here these days. It is mostly indifference at this point. Ain't no one ever gets attacked for their opinion on it either. If they get attacked, it is usually because they posted something factually wrong or debatable(because they haven't read any other BP books usually) and get called out on it. And they have no base knowledge of the character to fall back on so they throw a fit about being attacked instead.

(or they post something they know will cause an argument just to get the thread fired up again)

I mean, you can generally tell who actually reads the current book in here or who has read anything pre-Coates. It isn't hard to tell. It is transparent as hell.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That is what happens when you drag out a mystery comic for 14 months. You have to be a very very very top tier writer to pull something like that off. Or have multiple issues a month so the story feels like its progressing.

Once a month for 14 months is.... painfully slow
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html