Page 90 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, Prowler could be a good one to bring back as well. He might not be on the same level as T'Challa, but anyone that could hang with Spider-Man through inventions that were originally made as more efficient cleaning tools ought to be on someone's shortlist. (I speak, of course, of Hobie Brown, even though Aaron Davis's incarnation of the Prowler in Into the Spider-Verse was definitely striking and memorable, to say the least.)
    Last time I saw Hobbie, he had a Clone Conspiracy series. Cant remember what happened to him at the end. I'd add Cardiac to Lukes' crew as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think that works for Net Flixs Cage, or a pre-Bendis Cage. But I don't think Cage as a husband and father would choose to become a crime lord at this stage in his life. That's putting his wife and child in a pretty unsavery lifestyle.

I do think the idea of a super acting as a crime boss is a pretty cool idea though. But it might work better for a different hero, like maybe Night Thrasher or Nighthawk or something.
    why would it be an unsavory position?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    why would it be an unsavory position?
    Because people who oversea criminal empires tend to surround themselves with criminals. And it effectively makes him a criminal again unless he's directly working with law enforcement and the government.

It's something I could definately see the pre-Bendis Cage decide to do. But as a husband and father, I'm not sure I see him going there.

Because people who oversea criminal empires tend to surround themselves with criminals. And it effectively makes him a criminal again unless he's directly working with law enforcement and the government.

It's something I could definately see the pre-Bendis Cage decide to do. But as a husband and father, I'm not sure I see him going there.
    Isn't he already technically a criminal. Or has he been deputized by the city?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think that works for Net Flixs Cage, or a pre-Bendis Cage. But I don't think Cage as a husband and father would choose to become a crime lord at this stage in his life. That's putting his wife and child in a pretty unsavery lifestyle.

I do think the idea of a super acting as a crime boss is a pretty cool idea though. But it might work better for a different hero, like maybe Night Thrasher or Nighthawk or something.
    Night Thrasher could work if he were actually undercover like how the Shroud started out, uniting the gangs under his leadership so he could ultimately get them into position to be taken down. Same with Luke Cage or Nighthawk, I'd buy that arc a lot more if they were actually doing it as a kind of double agent working against the criminal underworld.

Last time I saw Hobbie, he had a Clone Conspiracy series. Cant remember what happened to him at the end. I'd add Cardiac to Lukes' crew as well.
    The clone died, but the original Hobie was found in a rejuvenation chamber and decided to walk away from Parker Industries so he could figure out some things for himself. Sadly hasn't been seen since, to my recollection. And Cardiac would be a great one, though given his recent habit of buying black-market vibranium from some shady sources . . . he might be on the Black Panther's s*** list for a while. That'd be a pretty interesting confrontation, however.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Night Thrasher could work if he were actually undercover like how the Shroud started out, uniting the gangs under his leadership so he could ultimately get them into position to be taken down. Same with Luke Cage or Nighthawk, I'd buy that arc a lot more if they were actually doing it as a kind of double agent working against the criminal underworld.

The clone died, but the original Hobie was found in a rejuvenation chamber and decided to walk away from Parker Industries so he could figure out some things for himself. Sadly hasn't been seen since, to my recollection. And Cardiac would be a great one, though given his recent habit of buying black-market vibranium from some shady sources . . . he might be on the Black Panther's s*** list for a while. That'd be a pretty interesting confrontation, however.
    Yeah, a super hero playing the role of an undercover criminal mastermind was Shrouds old routine. And it was a pretty unique take on a hero. I don't think that would necessarily work for Cage though, since a lot of people at this point might have trouble buying the heel turn. Nighthawk is a bit more believable, because she WAS a villain. So that could work.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, a super hero playing the role of an undercover criminal mastermind was Shrouds old routine. And it was a pretty unique take on a hero. I don't think that would necessarily work for Cage though, since a lot of people at this point might have trouble buying the heel turn. Nighthawk is a bit more believable, because she WAS a villain. So that could work.
    You mean Tilda Johnson? She was one of the highlights of Nighthawk's all-too-short series, and it's a shame nothing's been done with her since that and Occupy Avengers (by the same writer). Hmm, come to think of it, she would (or should) definitely be on Black Panther's radar just on the basis of her intelligence and what she's managed to do with it despite lacking certain resources in comparison to others at her level.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You mean Tilda Johnson? She was one of the highlights of Nighthawk's all-too-short series, and it's a shame nothing's been done with her since that and Occupy Avengers (by the same writer). Hmm, come to think of it, she would (or should) definitely be on Black Panther's radar just on the basis of her intelligence and what she's managed to do with it despite lacking certain resources in comparison to others at her level.
    Black Panther and Tildo do know each other, so it definately might be cool if they were to interact. And she was an Avenger. Sort of.

But yeah, the fact that nothing was done with her was a waste. Not only a waste for her, but of the earlier Night Hawk who was killed to give her the mantle. That was all for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Man the dialogue and art is so good... But.. the premise is holding this back from being a truly Steller Kilmonger story. He's lacking the edge that makes him so dangerous. The it factor that shows why he was so dangerous and Tchalla had a hard time facing him in the comics (as well as the military factor from the MCU) that makes you go. Yeah, dude can hang with Tchalla
    Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    The look of disgust when he states youre white you have Wakandas all over the world
    The art is just stunning. Those facial expression, good lord.

But like Ezyo said... this story is a little odd. Weird direction to go. I know they wanted to integrate some MCU Killmonger but... they really didn't lol. MCU killmonger was a hood kid turned MIT graduate turned elite soldier. This version is a... lackey with anger issues? It's just weird.

I think they should have focused more on the period he started building up to Panther's Rage. Pretty much the period between Rise of the Black Panther and Panther's Rage. Use flash backs here and there to integrate some of MCU killmonger but the story would focus on him becoming superhuman, gaining allies, and his increasing hate for T'challa
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, the only way I could see it working is if Luke and Jessica broke up and I'd rather they not go that route because it's one of the few successful relationships in Marvel comics and, frankly, Luke and his daughter make a great pairing that would likely go away.

It's what Bendis should have done with the aftermath of Daredevil #50, but he seemed to chicken out and make his "King of Hell's Kitchen" much too benign. I'd love to have seen what they planned for Luke Cage Season Three, though.

Isn't he already technically a criminal. Or has he been deputized by the city?
    With the exception of the period where the Superhero Registration Act was in effect, I don't think Luke Cage's heroism has been portrayed as an illegal activity like they do with Spider-Man. For starters, he goes by his legal name with a published address and registered business and doesn't wear a mask so, if it was illegal, they know where to arrest him. That isn't to say he doesn't commit minor offenses (trespasses, assaults, damaging property, etc.) while doing his job that seem to be forgiven when the person he's going up against goes to jail (or his company compensates victims for their losses), but the job itself isn't seen as a criminal activity. I mean, he did a lot of body guarding and private detective type roles, all of which are entirely legitimate without needing to be deputized as a law enforcement officer.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Man the dialogue and art is so good... But.. the premise is holding this back from being a truly Steller Kilmonger story. He's lacking the edge that makes him so dangerous. The it factor that shows why he was so dangerous and Tchalla had a hard time facing him in the comics (as well as the military factor from the MCU) that makes you go. Yeah, dude can hang with Tchalla
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But like Ezyo said... this story is a little odd. Weird direction to go. I know they wanted to integrate some MCU Killmonger but... they really didn't lol. MCU killmonger was a hood kid turned MIT graduate turned elite soldier. This version is a... lackey with anger issues? It's just weird.

I think they should have focused more on the period he started building up to Panther's Rage. Pretty much the period between Rise of the Black Panther and Panther's Rage. Use flash backs here and there to integrate some of MCU killmonger but the story would focus on him becoming superhuman, gaining allies, and his increasing hate for T'challa
    A stupid useless story that's well written and illustrated!

Marvel loves missing easy layups.

They could've called this "Wakanda Forever: Goon Slam Gary" and I think it would've been more appropriate. The final issue could've ended with Tetu meeting Gary and saying somethingsomething nation under our feet somethingsomething in a very cryptic way, and it would've been the perfect segue to goon slam gary's epic goon slam against T'Challa; would've given more meaning to those couple panels in s1. All those years of rage and frustration put into that defining slam.

Would've had the same impact to the mythos as what we're getting here
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'd love to see Sunspot (sorry, "Citizen X") take a role in the Agents Of Wakanda. He's GOOD at that James Bond stuff, much better than Nick "movie synergy!" Fury Jr.
    And his powers don't suck!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Why can't any of the black mutants have black hair tho?

This is problematic!

Bishop - somethingsomething aboriginal
    Storm - somethingsomething... um... i forget what the excuse here is
    Roberto - somethingsomething lightskin michael jackson
    Gentle - somethingsomething male pattern hair loss

Say it with me!

prob. le. ma. tic!
    Black Panther vs Thor

Night Thrasher got resurrected by Al Ewing with the magic of time-travel shenanigans pulling him out from what would've been the timeframe of his death in Contest of Champions. He's about due for a resurgence, and I could see a good team-up between him and Black Panther, considering that Night Thrasher, who somewhat parallels Batman over at DC in terms of his basic origin, background, and skill-set, may very well also be an American parallel to Black Panther, who is himself often compared to Batman. (Although obviously, T'Challa outdoes the Dark Knight in terms of technological and financial resources, physical stats, and intelligence. No knock against Batman, he's an icon and a legend for good reason, it's just that the Black Panther is on a whole other level.) Frankly, I could see Night Thrasher realizing the same thing, that as good as he is, Black Panther represents a pinnacle he has yet to reach and could stand to learn from if he's going to up his game now that he's back.
    Two thing sir. First off, all that "No knock against Batman, he's an icon and a legend..."

Completely unnecessary.

We can just leave it at "T'Challa outdoes the Dark Knight in terms of technological and financial resources, physical stats, and intelligence."

Second, I like the idea you propose for Night Trasher. Hell, I remember that CoC reemergence you're speaking of, and he was even in action in one of those Civil War II anthology books. The name night trasher is kinda trash tho lol, but other than that, good money. I thought JMS's Nighthawk (not to be confused with D. Walker's Nighthawk) was probably the best/coolest sounding batman attempt they had to cultivate, but they messed that up.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Yeah and we have 4-6 left? We should've seen him graduate MiT, join the military, do so well maybe thunderbolt Ross hand picks him and the others (same characters) as a special Black ops team.