Page 394 of 744 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 11160

I can't wait for the...

Princess Zanda Appreciation Thread!

All she needs is some credible MCU shine and she should be good to go!

You're Welcome!

New Black Mermaid Princess Ariel: "Wait, wait... It's all about me now!"

The Frog Princess Tiana: "Just gonna do a sister like that huh!"

Lion Princess/Queen Nala: "I woke up like this!"

Princess Shuri: "I mean..."

Princess Zanda: "I can just see all that dynamic cosplay waiting to happen at black hair care conventions... Beyotches move POOF be gone!"

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "Oh I'm getting that black girl dollars please believe me!"

Note: Technically Minnie Mouse is black if you look at her from a certain angle... Just saying!

Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Alright, I will try it out. I didn't read it at first because I felt that the story was just knee-jerk reaction to the movie. Plus I saw that kingpin & bullseye are in it and how can they be tied to Killmonger?

I hope agents of wakanda is good so i have aa ongoing BP series to read.
    It wasn't a bad book by any means, it's just not the story I think fans hoped for. Others have explained it better, but Killmonger was always hyped (including in the movie) as this master killer and global mercenary. The book only really focused on his very early years dealing with characters and situations that I'd rather not see him struggle against even if technically it made sense.

It was great for what it was, a solid Killmonger: Year One type mini, but it lacked the rawness people came to expect of him especially after the movie. But it had great character work, solid art, and was very well paced. Also gives him some useful connections to other franchises for appearances as a villain elsewhere (which I'd like to see for more BP rogues tbh). Hopefully a future mini gives us a more seasoned Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It wasn't a bad book by any means, it's just not the story I think fans hoped for. Others have explained it better, but Killmonger was always hyped (including in the movie) as this master killer and global mercenary. The book only really focused on his very early years dealing with characters and situations that I'd rather not see him struggle against even if technically it made sense.

It was great for what it was, a solid Killmonger: Year One type mini, but it lacked the rawness people came to expect of him especially after the movie. But it had great character work, solid art, and was very well paced. Also gives him some useful connections to other franchises for appearances as a villain elsewhere (which I'd like to see for more BP rogues tbh). Hopefully a future mini gives us a more seasoned Killmonger.
    Yeah, I'm actually hoping a writer down the line does something with Killmongers connections to Bullseye and Kingpin. I think Killmonger is potentially a break out villain who can do more than just appear in BP stories. They laid the ground work for him to do some stuff with SHIELD or in the Daredevil corner of the MU. I think getting used more can help really establish him as an A list villain.

Course, someone has to first bring him back to life. Shouldn't be too tough though, given his history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So then Marvel should retcon all BP stories to have at least one panel of Tchalla calling Reed. Since you said the smartest thing to do is to ask the person smarter than you for any problem.
    He doesn't believe Reed is smarter. He believes Reed is capable of keeping up

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think T'Challa actually called himself the 8th smartest person in the world during Liss' run. It was probably said tongue and cheek, but just saying...
    It was said tounge and cheek

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Or it would of been nothing but tie ins to try and add Storm, FF Namor, Doom (like what people are saying they want for the sequel) or that WS, Cap and crew would show up and help, how the DM should start the seeds for Coates horrible run.. the list goes on. I'm glad Coogler did what he did. Could he make some minor tidbit changes that I would like? Sure, but I'm not about to act like me, Ezyo1000 on a random comic board, has more knowledge of what would work in a career I do not partake in, yet because I am part of the customer base I should be listened to.

Coogler will come correct, that much I know for sure
    I'm not a hater so I hope that he truly does when it comes to Tchalla's presentation specifically. We all can agree that Boseman deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I love that idea especially, and I would also throw in a team-up between their respective patron deities, Bast (Black Panthers) and Anansi (Spiders).
    There's definitely a story there to tell, it could actually be very similar to how Hudlin had Cage ve inspired by T'Challa, same for miles, after T'Challa saved him from Carol there can be a story where that gets addressed and Miles can get some sweet upgrades to carry on and stay powerful

There's definitely a story there to tell, it could actually be very similar to how Hudlin had Cage ve inspired by T'Challa, same for miles, after T'Challa saved him from Carol there can be a story where that gets addressed and Miles can get some sweet upgrades to carry on and stay powerful
    The only requirement I'd have is Saladin writes it. He's doing great work on Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It was said tounge and cheek
    I think the actual number is tongue and cheek. I think Cho sort of popularized actual rankings in comics, which I think even extended to DC when they ranked Mr. Terrific as the third smartest guy in the world (unless Terrific did that before Cho, I'm not a DC guy), but really I'm not sure how anyone could realistically ever figure out an exact ranking.

But I do think it's a legitimate acknowledgement that he believes he has a legitimate group of peers. Reed, Stark, Pym, Banner... and of course Doom. Reed is T'CHalla's (and pretty much everyone else's) go-to smart guy when he needs the help. But he's certainly not the only guy. And for specific fields, Reed might not even be the first. Something more in the field of biology would probably lean him towards on of the Hanks for example (Pym or McCoy). Unless we're talking about a specific field that someone specializes in, all the top guys can pretty much keep up with each other. The only ones who might be a half a notch ahead are Reed and Doom.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-07-2019 at 07:27 AM.

I think a T'Challa + Miles team up would be awesome and is long overdue. These two together can make for some great dialogue and story potential. The Shuri + Miles team-up on the other hand left a lot to be desired.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hey, did anyone in the group collect the Killmonger mini-series? If so, was it as good as Rise of the Black Panther? I am looking for something to satisfy my BP itch lol since Coates has not left the book yet. WouldKillmonger be a good read?
    Very pretty book

Didn't feel like Killmonger at all. Could have replaced "killmonger" with any random goon in the world and it would have fit.

It would have been a better "insert street level C list villain" book instead of a Killmonger book. Kinda sucks because Killmongers origin was shrouded in mystery and this origin was... boring as **** outside of like a few panels that actually tied into Wakanda.

I was really really really disappointed.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually hoping a writer down the line does something with Killmongers connections to Bullseye and Kingpin. I think Killmonger is potentially a break out villain who can do more than just appear in BP stories. They laid the ground work for him to do some stuff with SHIELD or in the Daredevil corner of the MU. I think getting used more can help really establish him as an A list villain.

Course, someone has to first bring him back to life. Shouldn't be too tough though, given his history.
    Yeah my only hope is that they don't let that book define how he should be treated when he interacts with guys like Bullseye in the future. The story took place in the past and now Killmonger's taken on and defeated the Black Panther who himself is one of the smartest guys on Earth and one of the most skilled martial artists.

If Killmonger is gonna appear in other franchises I'd like him to be shown with the same aura and sense of power that top mercs like Taskmaster or Sabretooth (when written correctly) get. He's the perfect BP rogue to pose challenges to other heroes because he's versatile and can easily be shown to be deep in the underworld. Conceptually he meshes well with guys Cap, Wolverine, Daredevil, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'm not a hater so I hope that he truly does when it comes to Tchalla's presentation specifically. We all can agree that Boseman deserves that.
    Let me ask this. Why do you think Coogler is somehow going to drop the ball

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Very pretty book

Didn't feel like Killmonger at all. Could have replaced "killmonger" with any random goon in the world and it would have fit.

It would have been a better "insert street level C list villain" book instead of a Killmonger book. Kinda sucks because Killmongers origin was shrouded in mystery and this origin was... boring as **** outside of like a few panels that actually tied into Wakanda.

I was really really really disappointed.
    This. They should of not tied him to Bulls eye, Kingpin and only tied to shield at the very end. Used disposable new characters and had Killmonger just murder kill them to show how serious he was. Those 3 characters above actually hurt the story and characters more then they helped. In fact they punked them when those characters showed up. That was a huge problem ontop of Erik being pretty AF with knight

Astonishing Member

This. They should of not tied him to Bulls eye, Kingpin and only tied to shield at the very end. Used disposable new characters and had Killmonger just murder kill them to show how serious he was. Those 3 characters above actually hurt the story and characters more then they helped. In fact they punked them when those characters showed up. That was a huge problem ontop of Erik being pretty AF with knight
    I didn’t have an issue with him on a team personally. It’s that he wasn’t leading it and they were kinda small fries compared to guys like Bullseye and Kingpin. Which makes sense in a way because it was him at the VERY early stages of his career but it wasn’t the story I was expecting. I would’ve rather we got a mini focusing on him and his own personal team of Wakandan outcasts (revamped Madame Slay, Lord Karnaj, Sombre) making moves as mercenaries and carving out their own criminal empire out in Africa. That way we establish their credibility and if they do meet up with Kingpin or Shield, it would’ve been as equals.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-07-2019 at 12:41 PM.