Page 395 of 744 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because fans here are complaining that this isn't the best comic book movie and say they want T'Challa to be as big as Batman, Spiderman, wolverine etc. Yet ignore the fact that every movie he has been in has grossed 1B, including his own.. No other hero can say they have been in that many 1B dollar movies including their debut. No other hero can boast a 700M domestic gross, hell only 3 other movies in North America history can even claim that and it took the final movie in a 10 year storyline to do what BP did in his first solo.. let that sink in.. that's why some of us here aren't worried about what the comic community thinks because there isn't any guarantee what comic nerds wanted would of been as successful. I would more so lean towards not.
    you are absolutely right! mentioning the WWO fan-comic... because it is at least worth mentioning. it was created by a BP fan as "counter-content" for all that was missing from the character. again, worth a Billion dollar mention. Right?

"Don't confuse the method with the objective."-- Malcolm X

Emperor Shakka Nakku vs. Erik Kilmonger

The characters used are a reference for a parody comic-strip &/ or fan-fiction. The conceptual designs, character designs, story-line & tech are original illustrated concepts & were not associated with the BP time-line (50+ years) prior to WWO introduction for public viewing (in 2014).

Respect to all BP creators. Equal Respect.

The True King! Just sayin'! or maybe we the fans should say nothing... Wait! nothing comes from nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yeah my only hope is that they don't let that book define how he should be treated when he interacts with guys like Bullseye in the future. The story took place in the past and now Killmonger's taken on and defeated the Black Panther who himself is one of the smartest guys on Earth and one of the most skilled martial artists.

If Killmonger is gonna appear in other franchises I'd like him to be shown with the same aura and sense of power that top mercs like Taskmaster or Sabretooth (when written correctly) get. He's the perfect BP rogue to pose challenges to other heroes because he's versatile and can easily be shown to be deep in the underworld. Conceptually he meshes well with guys Cap, Wolverine, Daredevil, etc.
    It was a Year One Killmonger story so yeah... he'll be a lot more powerful and a lot more dangerous if he ever interacts with those same people again. Plus he likely has low end meta human stats on top of whatever additional skills he might have picked up or refined overtime.

Seeing him throw down with other top fighters like Cap or Wolverien or Daredevil would definately be cool. Hopefully the movie will have raised his stock to the point where other books will decide he's worth borrowing. Again though, he needs to return to life first.

This. They should of not tied him to Bulls eye, Kingpin and only tied to shield at the very end. Used disposable new characters and had Killmonger just murder kill them to show how serious he was. Those 3 characters above actually hurt the story and characters more then they helped. In fact they punked them when those characters showed up. That was a huge problem ontop of Erik being pretty AF with knight
    It needed to use disposable characters, because obviously Killmonger wouldn't be allowed to kill Bullseye or Kingpin (or Klaw or T'CHalla) especially in a story that took place in the past. If Killmonger is supposed to be a killer he needs to kill people. The best they can do in a situation like this is create new characters, do their best to create some emotional investment in the little space they have so that people will actually give a damn about what happens to them, and have Killmonger prove he's actually capable of getting the job done in his own book.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-07-2019 at 01:11 PM.

I didn’t have an issue with him on a team personally. It’s that he wasn’t leading it and they were kinda small fries compared to guys like Bullseye and Kingpin. Which makes sense in a way because it was him at the VERY early stages of his career but it wasn’t the story I was expecting. I would’ve rather we got a mini focusing on him and his own personal team of Wakandan outcasts (revamped Madame Slay, Lord Karnaj, Sombre) making moves as mercenaries and carving out their own criminal empire out in Africa. That way we establish their credibility and if they do meet up with Kingpin or Shield, it would’ve been as equals.
    The upside of doing a Year One story is down the line, if it's sucessful you can do a Year Two. The story we got was him JUST starting out. There's still room to do another mine where he gets his crew together and begins putting together his criminal empire. You're not going to be equal to Kingpin day one (or year one)... but year two is a potentially different story. You can still build off the previous story, and overall show his growth this way. As opposed to him immediately starting out Kingpin level. This becomes more a villains journey.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The upside of doing a Year One story is down the line, if it's sucessful you can do a Year Two. The story we got was him JUST starting out. There's still room to do another mine where he gets his crew together and begins putting together his criminal empire. You're not going to be equal to Kingpin day one (or year one)... but year two is a potentially different story. You can still build off the previous story, and overall show his growth this way. As opposed to him immediately starting out Kingpin level. This becomes more a villains journey.
    Simply would've rather seen a more seasoned Killmonger for his first solo outing. Doesn't mean he began Kingpin level, but it does mean that the story glosses over the period when he was just starting out. For example, in a mini where he's building a criminal empire, a flashback could have been shown of an early mission he did with his New York crew that ended up being a close call. In my opinion, the real meat of his narrative is when he's in charge and making chess player moves with his cronies. He obviously didn't start doing that right out the gate hence this story, but I feel like for meshing better with MCU Killmonger (which this mini clearly attempted to channel) and the Killmonger we saw in Rise, a more audacious approach could've been taken with the character and the scope of his exploits. But the story we got was a decent enough start to his adventures and like you said, there's still plenty of time and space to tell something that shows more of his capabilities.

I didn’t have an issue with him on a team personally. It’s that he wasn’t leading it and they were kinda small fries compared to guys like Bullseye and Kingpin. Which makes sense in a way because it was him at the VERY early stages of his career but it wasn’t the story I was expecting. I would’ve rather we got a mini focusing on him and his own personal team of Wakandan outcasts (revamped Madame Slay, Lord Karnaj, Sombre) making moves as mercenaries and carving out their own criminal empire out in Africa. That way we establish their credibility and if they do meet up with Kingpin or Shield, it would’ve been as equals.
    I think his team was fine as well, but he should not of met kingpin or bullseye, but rather a new underground boss, in Oakland, not Fraking new york and we should of seen him develop into the murder machine we have seen in the Comics and what we were somewhat shown and what Ross talked about in the MCU.

Though having revamped rogues would of worked too for his death squad I think this story would of worked still with the same crew and when he got to Africa he meets the other rogues

Astonishing Member

I think his team was fine as well, but he should not of met kingpin or bullseye, but rather a new underground boss, in Oakland, not Fraking new york and we should of seen him develop into the murder machine we have seen in the Comics and what we were somewhat shown and what Ross talked about in the MCU.

Though having revamped rogues would of worked too for his death squad I think this story would of worked still with the same crew and when he got to Africa he meets the other rogues
    I get why they went for somewhere done to death like New York though. It puts him where the action is as far as an established underground scene so they can use guys like Bullseye and Kingpin for credibility. It would've been nice to see some worldbuilding for the mythos, but it's hard to establish that Killmonger's really been about that mercenary life if he hasn't crossed paths with some of the greatest in the business on their home turf. Especially if he's just starting out, which is why I felt a more seasoned Killmonger with more agency and leadership would've been better as a first mini. Because then you get to skip over the days where he was running from Bullseye and can instead have scenes where they exchange jabs about a job they did together in the past. Then after being brought back in the BP book and getting a great showing, they go back to his very beginnings and show Killmonger's earliest years.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    you are absolutely right! mentioning the WWO fan-comic... because it is at least worth mentioning. it was created by a BP fan as "counter-content" for all that was missing from the character. again, worth a Billion dollar mention. Right?

"Don't confuse the method with the objective."-- Malcolm X

Emperor Shakka Nakku vs. Erik Kilmonger

The characters used are a reference for a parody comic-strip &/ or fan-fiction. The conceptual designs, character designs, story-line & tech are original illustrated concepts & were not associated with the BP time-line (50+ years) prior to WWO introduction for public viewing (in 2014).

Respect to all BP creators. Equal Respect.

The True King! Just sayin'! or maybe we the fans should say nothing... Wait! nothing comes from nothing!
    What ever happened to the project you and Ture were working on?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It needed to use disposable characters, because obviously Killmonger wouldn't be allowed to kill Bullseye or Kingpin (or Klaw or T'CHalla) especially in a story that took place in the past. If Killmonger is supposed to be a killer he needs to kill people. The best they can do in a situation like this is create new characters, do their best to create some emotional investment in the little space they have so that people will actually give a damn about what happens to them, and have Killmonger prove he's actually capable of getting the job done in his own book.
    You misread. My whole point was that widow kingpin and bullseye should not of been in the story and instead should of been a newly created character that Erik could kill to establish himself as a dangerous threat rather then being punked by kingpin bullseye and even knight being made a fool by widow.

I get why they went for somewhere done to death like New York though. It puts him where the action is as far as an established underground scene so they can use guys like Bullseye and Kingpin for credibility. It would've been nice to see some worldbuilding for the mythos, but it's hard to establish that Killmonger's really been about that mercenary life if he hasn't crossed paths with some of the greatest in the business on their home turf. Especially if he's just starting out, which is why I felt a more seasoned Killmonger with more agency and leadership would've been better as a first mini. Because then you get to skip over the days where he was running from Bullseye and can instead have scenes where they exchange jabs about a job they did together in the past. Then after being brought back in the BP book and getting a great showing, they go back to his very beginnings and show Killmonger's earliest years.
    But really they didn't provide any credibility for him, rather made him look pretty weak. Now if he actually held up against bullseye for a little bit then ran or actually made kingpin feel threatened then it works but all we saw was a reckless angry black man. And at the very least MCU Killmonger was smarter then simply that

But really they didn't provide any credibility for him, rather made him look pretty weak. Now if he actually held up against bullseye for a little bit then ran or actually made kingpin feel threatened then it works but all we saw was a reckless angry black man. And at the very least MCU Killmonger was smarter then simply that
    But this wasn't MCU Killmonger. They just made him look like MBJ to get a passerby to look at it in a comicstore.

AHEM...

Madame Slay!

The bandwagon line forms to the right so try and get an early seating before she goes viral!

You're welcome...
    Get Hectic!

BANNED

What ever happened to the project you and Ture were working on?
    Ture has some of the best BP ideas flat-out! Brilliant writing. Ture has not publicly released how “forward thinking” his BP creativity really is…

example: Shuri, T'Challa, King T'Chaka, Dora Milaje & Hatute Zeraze all in the same battle! Most deserving of a BP writers position! Why should they be denied? Who would want to deny them...? Who would support such denial? No worries, Ture did not need the approval of MC to produce BP material.

BP710:THE PROTOCOLS- Rise or Die (2018) (yes, Shuri is giant-size= Ant-man levels. just a sketch design- not a fully developed splash-page)

Ture, S.I. & a few others (@ HEF) should be writing the BP comic & not people like Roxane Gay! Yeah, I said it! She IMO is the worst BP writer to date. Respect for her efforts but this is just criticism.
    I LOVE YOU RG- but stay away from “Emmett Till” moments in your comic writings. Bad Feminist, indeed! W.O.WTF!

Problem is, Ture is writing “counter content” in response to the mishap-writing over at Marv. IMO HEF is not the platform to display (continued) counter content. Mr. Hudlin has to remain neutral & cannot choose sides. Out of respect for Mr. Hudlin… it would put him in an awkward position to have (lengthy) BP Blacktivism in the forum. There is a “war of content” going on for our beloved hero. Why put RH or his forum in the middle of a war? Continuing any project with Ture would require his fan-fiction to be posted on the HEF but not featured. The HEF should not be the primary source for BP counter content.
    There is a war. The current false creators are “pick-pockets” making a living off of the WWO efforts. Shame on them.

Who has been at the forefront of the new-era/ tech-standard Black Panther? The ongoing campaign continues... THE WAR! It’s about the rights of the fans, artists & creators-- not the editors, executives or publications.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Ture has some of the best BP ideas flat-out! Brilliant writing. Ture has not publicly released how “forward thinking” his BP creativity really is…

example: Shuri, T'Challa, King T'Chaka, Dora Milaje & Hatute Zeraze all in the same battle! Most deserving of a BP writers position! Why should they be denied? Who would want to deny them...? Who would support such denial? No worries, Ture did not need the approval of MC to produce BP material.

BP710:THE PROTOCOLS- Rise or Die (2018) (yes, Shuri is giant-size= Ant-man levels. just a sketch design- not a fully developed splash-page)

Ture, S.I. & a few others (@ HEF) should be writing the BP comic & not people like Roxane Gay! Yeah, I said it! She IMO is the worst BP writer to date. Respect for her efforts but this is just criticism.
    I LOVE YOU RG- but stay away from “Emmett Till” moments in your comic writings. Bad Feminist, indeed! W.O.WTF!

Problem is, Ture is writing “counter content” in response to the mishap-writing over at Marv. IMO HEF is not the platform to display (continued) counter content. Mr. Hudlin has to remain neutral & cannot choose sides. Out of respect for Mr. Hudlin… it would put him in an awkward position to have (lengthy) BP Blacktivism in the forum. There is a “war of content” going on for our beloved hero. Why put RH or his forum in the middle of a war? Continuing any project with Ture would require his fan-fiction to be posted on the HEF but not featured. The HEF should not be the primary source for BP counter content.
    There is a war. The current false creators are “pick-pockets” making a living off of the WWO efforts. Shame on them.

Who has been at the forefront of the new-era/ tech-standard Black Panther? The ongoing campaign continues... THE WAR! It’s about the rights of the fans, artists & creators-- not the editors, executives or publications.
    Ah okay. That makes sense now. I hear ya, I would agree that there is a lot of counter content but I think that's okay in some regards, I would say more to to retcon stuff here and there while telling an original story is the best way to do it.

Are you still working with him on some projects? Can we expect some more OG stories at the HEF?