Page 353 of 403 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 6034
  1. #5281
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Shuri was okay, based on #10s cover, she might be getting her powers back for the series ending. Which would make becoming BP for this mini worthless. Lol.

  2. #5282
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Shuri was okay, based on #10s cover, she might be getting her powers back for the series ending. Which would make becoming BP for this mini worthless. Lol.
    I gave up reading it for academic purposes even

    I think once T'challa comes back to normal time, I might go through just to figure out all everything connects

    Is she "officially" BP in it? Did she get the HSH?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #5283
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is the time frame of that vs D23?


    I just can't see them releasing the slate until their own show. Especially considering they prop up hollywood anyway lol

    I expect a big fat tease lol. Or maybe just announce the very very recent stuff like Widow and Eternals.
    I think they're one month apart (D23 is in August).

  4. #5284
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I gave up reading it for academic purposes even

    I think once T'challa comes back to normal time, I might go through just to figure out all everything connects

    Is she "officially" BP in it? Did she get the HSH?
    She made her own costume attached her wings to it and made the announcement in front of a crowd like in Mayberry. No herb(on panel), ceremony on anything. But Nnedi insisted the BP was just a figurehead anyway so no need for anything I guess.

    In reality she's not interested in any Wakandan customs, she is more interested in Storm, Shuri Tech, and Pan-Africanism.

  5. #5285
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Shuri was okay, based on #10s cover, she might be getting her powers back for the series ending. Which would make becoming BP for this mini worthless. Lol.
    Really, her becoming BP was never important. If anything I think the point of her becoming BP is to show that she doesn't need it. It's her brothers thing, and she's grown to the point where she doesn't need or even want it in both a meta and non meta sense.

    She's frankly more powerful not being BP. And this series proves she's even formitable without the Griot powers.

  6. #5286
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, her becoming BP was never important. If anything I think the point of her becoming BP is to show that she doesn't need it. It's her brothers thing, and she's grown to the point where she doesn't need or even want it in both a meta and non meta sense.

    She's frankly more powerful not being BP. And this series proves she's even formitable without the Griot powers.
    That would be better executed if they skipped it all together. The old women could have nagged on her to do it, but she proves to them that she doesn't need to. Or just shorten the timeframe of the story. If from beginning to end only took a week, there'd be no need to bring it up.

  7. #5287
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, her becoming BP was never important. If anything I think the point of her becoming BP is to show that she doesn't need it. It's her brothers thing, and she's grown to the point where she doesn't need or even want it in both a meta and non meta sense.

    She's frankly more powerful not being BP. And this series proves she's even formitable without the Griot powers.
    yea this is a good assessment. though I must say I do miss seeing the things she could do with the griot. it was pretty bad arse.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #5288
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    When is the main BP book going to match the awesome Avengers books?
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  9. #5289
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Nice idea.

    A sound dampening, extended infiltration scene by T'challa would be freaking LIT as hell. It would be special as fuck. The screen just goes pure silent for an extended 5 minutes of T'challa infiltrating, kicking ass, and grabbing whatever he needs and gets out.

    Perfect time for a camoflague, invisible, HZ inspired suit.

    I'd love it to feel like this


  10. #5290
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea this is a good assessment. though I must say I do miss seeing the things she could do with the griot. it was pretty bad arse.
    I personally prefer her having the Griot powers too.

    I understand wanting her to be a tech genius for the purposes of synergy with the movie, but IMO there's no reason she can't have BOTH. Mixing tech and magic I think makes her a bit more unique than some of the other characters that have one or the other. And it differentiates her a bit more than her brother.

  11. #5291
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That would be better executed if they skipped it all together. The old women could have nagged on her to do it, but she proves to them that she doesn't need to. Or just shorten the timeframe of the story. If from beginning to end only took a week, there'd be no need to bring it up.
    They could have skipped it sure... but I think for those that liked seeing her as Black Panther, seeing her become it again might be kinda cool.

    And again, it's sort of cool that she does it without the herb or power upgrades from Bast or even her Griot powers. It's purely her this time around.

  12. #5292
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally prefer her having the Griot powers too.

    I understand wanting her to be a tech genius for the purposes of synergy with the movie, but IMO there's no reason she can't have BOTH. Mixing tech and magic I think makes her a bit more unique than some of the other characters that have one or the other. And it differentiates her a bit more than her brother.
    100% agreed. maybe we will see some shift to this in the mcu in the next BP film.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #5293
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    When is the main BP book going to match the awesome Avengers books?
    That won't be happening anytime soon.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  14. #5294
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    100% agreed. maybe we will see some shift to this in the mcu in the next BP film.
    It would be nice to see a bit more magic incorporated in Wakanda in the next movie. They clearly have the tech side part down. We got a bit of magic when T'Challa got his lion king moment with his dad and the other previous BP's... but maybe they can focus a bit more on in in the next film.

  15. #5295
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She made her own costume attached her wings to it and made the announcement in front of a crowd like in Mayberry. No herb(on panel), ceremony on anything. But Nnedi insisted the BP was just a figurehead anyway so no need for anything I guess.

    In reality she's not interested in any Wakandan customs, she is more interested in Storm, Shuri Tech, and Pan-Africanism.
    A BP writer not interested in the things that make Wakanda unique?

    I am shocked to my core
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •