Page 103 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 11160
    BANNED

It also reveals how he might get his enhance abilities without needing the Herb

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    It also reveals how he might get his enhance abilities without needing the Herb
    comic killmonger never needed the Herb to be enhanced

ANd honestly, I don't care that he isn't enhanced in this book.

My issue is that he is useless. He brings nothing to the table in a Z list villain group. No powers, no fancy tech, no above average skills, no brains, no strategy.

He just goes place to place screwing up, getting lucky to survive, and being mad with a dose of Wakanda in the background.

And this is the dude that transitions into the Rise story or the Panthers Rage story (can't tell yet, Rise might be the quickest retcon in history lol)
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-06-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why do a prequel during the most boring time of the dudes beginning lol?

MCU Killmonger was a genius killing machine who played a long game of getting in front of T'challa and kicking his ass.

comic Killmonger is a cunning, rebellion building, coup planning, ass kicking dude with a pet leopard.

prequel Killmonger is... a ladies man, lackey with anger problems getting his ass beat lol?

The thing is... the book is good lol. That is what is kinda frustrating. The dialogue is good. THe art is superb. It isn't a bad story at all. This isn't a Shuri/WoW/Long Live the King situation where it is all just a dumpster fire.

It is just an odd KILLMONGER book.
    Hit the nail on the head. This **** is boring.

Nothing exciting about the character. Oh he sleeps with his college counselor, whoopty whoop!

So I guess this is an early 20s Black Widow? Because her and Bullseye are full on established but Erik is just over the legal drinking age and is no better at fighting than your average meat head at the gym??? How much older or younger is he supposed to be than T'Challa? It'd be wack if they bypass him actually becoming/being a master fighter/killer and just relied on a "power up". Right now he's the worst version of the 3 Erik's. Worst of the 4 Eriks if we count the cartoon.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. This **** is boring.

Nothing exciting about the character. Oh he sleeps with his college counselor, whoopty whoop!

So I guess this is an early 20s Black Widow? Because her and Bullseye are full on established but Erik is just over the legal drinking age and is no better at fighting than your average meat head at the gym??? How much older or younger is he supposed to be than T'Challa? It'd be wack if they bypass him actually becoming/being a master fighter/killer and just relied on a "power up". Right now he's the worst version of the 3 Erik's. Worst of the 4 Eriks if we count the cartoon.
    Taking 5 issues to "learn his motivations" or whatever when we learned his motivations in a couple speech balloons in Panther's Rage and Priest's story

What have we learned about this Killmonger so far to necessitate a prequel comic? That Madam Slay wasn't his first boo? That's all I got.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I got a good story with great art that sets up who he becomes...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I pegged Trevante as Green Lantern John Stewart.

But since you put it out there....he would make a great Blade. At least in the MCU, we know Trevante would be in a great film. Plus, Tessa learned a new accent, so it would not be too hard for Trevante to have a very slight one.
    Trevante is in the spot Idris was in 6-8 years ago. He needs to be _____ (insert awesome but woefully neglected black superhero of your choice here)!!

Hopefully he doesn't fall in the same Heimdall pitfall that befell Idris...

Can't go wrong with Stewart or Eric. I love both, both been neglected, both are better than 90% of the superheroes outchea!
    Black Panther vs Thor

comic killmonger never needed the Herb to be enhanced

ANd honestly, I don't care that he isn't enhanced in this book.

My issue is that he is useless. He brings nothing to the table in a Z list villain group. No powers, no fancy tech, no above average skills, no brains, no strategy.

He just goes place to place screwing up, getting lucky to survive, and being mad with a dose of Wakanda in the background.

And this is the dude that transitions into the Rise story or the Panthers Rage story (can't tell yet, Rise might be the quickest retcon in history lol)
    Truthfully he often doesn't bring most of that stuff. Even enhanced, power wise he was nothing special. He didn't really show any exceptionally impressive gear or tech until Hudlins run. And that arguably was oursourced.

On paper Killmonger was always a big underdog. His defining trait frankly is that he has the will and drive to overcome the odds... a trait most heroes have, but one that's somewhat rare in villains. T'Challa on paper should have every advantage in the world against Killmonger except sheer strenth... yet Erik somehow someway manages to rise to the occasion everytime. And I do feel we will get that here. He's a character placed in the position of most heroes... on paper he's outmatched, but he'll rise through almost more through sheer will and determination than anything else.

And that's the birth of the person we're seeing here. A character who I think will overcome the odds despite frankly not having any advantage in the world. Just like he'll do against T'Challa down the line. It was never about powers or tech or even strategy or intelligence because honesty T'CHalla trumped him all around (except sheer strength) day 1. It's Killmongers intangibles which I think seperate him from most villains more than anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Truthfully he often doesn't bring most of that stuff. Even enhanced, power wise he was nothing special. He didn't really show any exceptionally impressive gear or tech until Hudlins run. And that arguably was oursourced.

On paper Killmonger was always a big underdog. His defining trait frankly is that he has the will and drive to overcome the odds... a trait most heroes have, but one that's somewhat rare in villains. T'Challa on paper should have every advantage in the world against Killmonger except sheer strenth... yet Erik somehow someway manages to rise to the occasion everytime. And I do feel we will get that here. He's a character placed in the position of most heroes... on paper he's outmatched, but he'll rise through almost more through sheer will and determination than anything else.

And that's the birth of the person we're seeing here. A character who I think will overcome the odds despite frankly not having any advantage in the world. Just like he'll do against T'Challa down the line. It was never about powers or tech or even strategy or intelligence because honesty T'CHalla trumped him all around (except sheer strength) day 1. It's Killmongers intangibles which I think seperate him from most villains more than anything else.
    Right on and a wonderful breakdown of Killmonger

that sets up who he becomes...
    Where?

How?

Honestly, maybe I got mesmerized by the art and missed the nuance.

What about Killmonger, the title character, have you learned that sets up Rise/Panther's Rage Killmonger?

Taking 5 issues to "learn his motivations" or whatever when we learned his motivations in a couple speech balloons in Panther's Rage and Priest's story

What have we learned about this Killmonger so far to necessitate a prequel comic? That Madam Slay wasn't his first boo? That's all I got.
    I got an unnecessary story that didn't teach me **** about him that i didn't already know from issue 1. lol

He was angry in issue 1 and now he's... more angry in issue 4?

He becomes the guy who throws T'Challa off a cliff because his girl of 2 weeks broke up with him, Bow Wow'd him, and told him to kick rocks? That was the hair that broke the camel's back and set in motion his motivation to overthrow Wakanda?

Loool

Whatever.

Awesome goon Gary story tho. Pretty art
    Black Panther vs Thor

BANNED

Where?

How?

Honestly, maybe I got mesmerized by the art and missed the nuance.

What about Killmonger, the title character, have you learned that sets up Rise/Panther's Rage Killmonger?
    We will have to wait until Issue #5 to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, i mean don't get me wrong, issue 4 is well done in every sense except the plot. Erik should of powered up by now, been dangerous AF from the start. But oh well I guess
    (1) The flash back of his origin/motivation with Klaw/Wakanda in the first issue, (2)Bast telling him to come home, and (3) leopard lady in this issue... were probably the 3 relevant things that I was like, oh ok that's cool.

Everything else would've been better if it was a plot centered around him becoming a master level fighter, shooter, Machiavellian, and overall kill... monger'er (roll credits!), and then have the necessary characters to tell that story replace the ones we got here. Instead of bench warmer mercs on 10-day contracts working for Kingpin, i'd have had them be master level killers in different disciplines (unaffiliated with kingpin) and then over a time skip with accompanying Rocky montage music, we'd see them not only teach Erik their crafts but see Erik excel in all of it, to their surprise. After that, then put together whatever tragic plot that gets them all killed (or whatever) and leaves Erik fully realized. But this current, unskilled Erik, he don't deserve to put on the Vegeta armor
    Black Panther vs Thor

But seriously, Aaron's BP is awesome and i don't care if he's pulling gadgets out his ass in every other issue.

Solar flare BP is GOAT
    Black Panther vs Thor

From the comic side, I can't find anything that said he was a badass killer until after he went back to Wakand and didn't like what Tchalla was doing with the country.

Panther Rage came first, but I guess they expanded the story later to say he contacted Tchalla, repatriated, didn't like a what he was seeing, then turned into a dangerous killer. But I can't find those issues to be sure. Are they in Avengers or something?

We will have to wait until Issue #5 to find out...
    How this, Rise, and Panthers Rage all fit together perfectly is tricky. We have another issue to see if they can pull it off. But its entirely possible it won't and something will have to give from a continuity standpoint.

This is where they theoretically could have used another issue. The build up, though veey well done was a slow process. They might be a little rushed in the end connecting the dots.