Page 108 of 744 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Mario, I love you like a brother, but nothing you've said here, contradicts the point I made in my original post.

T'Challa and Tony are both active Avengers in the story in question.

Monica Rambeau isn't.

From what I've read of Aaron's Avengers run thus far, all of the characters used, have relevance to the books forward progression.

Would it have been cool to see Monica Rambeau do a repeat of the mass vampire slaying she did in Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther run?

Most definitely.

Maybe we'll get to see her in this story before it runs its course.

Stranger things have happened.
    It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Depends on if its an action shot or not. They do the same with Spiderman and sometimes Wolverine.

I didn't like how they did it unnecessarily in Earths Mightiest Heroes. I recently rewatched when he fought the Avengers. It was the first thing he did. lol
    I think guys like BP, Spider-Man and Wolverive often leap at an opponent when they attack them. So croaching is probably somewhat of a default battle stance.

The Revolution will not be televised...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I think you're right. That's one hell of a force push. His near defeat by Gary 3 years ago really made T'Challa step up his game! Jesus...

Hell yea, that habit looking sick! Sad these artists just lazy. They easily could just make the accents a different shade of dark gray as a standard look and then have them glow up when he activates force push/solar flare/vacuum cleaning abilities. Muthafuckas just lazy and lack vision
    Nah eff that, give me the MCU silver accents, have him be shining like he was in Priest era.

My issue is this. Artist have no problem drawing cap thor, Ironman, with full details no problem, hell even Spiderman has more intricacies to his costume and they have no issue's drawing that. But for T'Challa? Nah he gotta look like a shadow with eyeballs, and sometimes he gets his necklace.

That red solar flare and the lighting up accent's when charging up the Force push should always be on display.. as silver then light up a different color depending on the tech being used. No more excuses dammit

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah eff that, give me the MCU silver accents, have him be shining like he was in Priest era.

My issue is this. Artist have no problem drawing cap thor, Ironman, with full details no problem, hell even Spiderman has more intricacies to his costume and they have no issue's drawing that. But for T'Challa? Nah he gotta look like a shadow with eyeballs, and sometimes he gets his necklace.

That red solar flare and the lighting up accent's when charging up the Force push should always be on display.. as silver then light up a different color depending on the tech being used. No more excuses dammit
    He looks better without the necklace because they get iffy panel to panel. lol

I like that image you used to start the tread. When they shadow it right, it looks better than with accents.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.

hell even Spiderman has more intricacies to his costume and they have no issue's drawing that.

well hot damn, I didn't even thinka bout that lol

I demand equality!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I mean ****, this artist was able to put accents

That is not too much to ask lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He looks better without the necklace because they get iffy panel to panel. lol

I like that image you used to start the tread. When they shadow it right, it looks better than with accents.
    With A list writer's you can get away with all black and it's okay. But at this point I demand the MCU/Pantherjack makeover, he is knew if the easiest heroes to draw because his basic design. Give him some accents, even if it's just on the mask
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It's really not. Very simple but makes a big difference.

But at this point I want that Avengers level detail like the solar flare panel!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

For me personally, I think accents (silver or purple) running around the suit would be nice, but unless they aren't a standardised design, I wouldn't blame artists that ditch them altogether. I guess we could qualify Stelfreeze's depiction of the kinetic energy thing as the standard, but they're far more complicated than checkers or hexagons (like Spidey's suit) and overall I think they look better when they pop out for a reason.

To be honest, I think a simple looking habit can actually work depending on the artist and how they choose to depict it.

Aside from stiff looking action and some weird depiction of T'Challa's feet in the suit, I thought Stelfreeze nailed a simple looking BP suit, probably because of how much his musculature used to show through the suit. When it's really done right, it looks powerful, sleek, techy and intimidating. Likewise the second artist with the colouring and shading really makes the suit look good in my opinion.

Compare that to something like this...

...which is just plain boring. It's just T'Challa in a full body plain catsuit with eyes and a necklace. Hell sometimes we don't get the necklace as pointed out (and we should because it at least gives off the air of an African king/warrior, and sometimes I wished it did look more like a necklace on him by hanging lower down his chest and not just around his shoulders and collarbones).

...But if you ask me, how I really want T'Challa's suit to look all the time in comics is the way Kenneth Rocafort who drew The Ultimates for a while depicted it.

I personally think this design is perfect (or at least the top half which is shown more is). The necklace design, the silver teeth/claw armbands, the teeth/claws on the lower arms, the subtle design lines going through out the suit and the armour plating, the accents on the helmet, the panther inspired nose and mouth. Only thing I'd add which I didn't see in Rocafort's art are the silver waist things the current MCU suit has and teeth/claws on the top of the boots with ninja style/tabi toes.

I also really like how artist Lee InHyuk drew the suit with details (except for the gloves, don't like what was going on there and should have kept it simple)

Other ways a simple looking suit can look good

I think at the very least we should get the necklace (and I have to admit Stelfreeze's design has grown on me a lot), the stripped gauntlets and boots. I really like how the claws look on the first image.

My Google Image searching told me though that T'Challa has some great cover and variant cover art but the art in his own book and panels leave a lot to be desired. I think that's another problem.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 02-08-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I think the glowing accents should be there when he's using the force push abilities. its a visual indicator of what he's doind (or about to do). That goves them a practical storytelling purpose beyond aesthetics.

Plain black can look good if there is artistic detail thrown in like some of your examples Blind. Like the Rocafort stuff is just damn good art.

Stuff like this:

Is just freaking lazy.

I don't even need super stylized tribal stuff like the movie. But even just subtle stuff like:

goes a long way IMO.

I really don't buy that Spider-Man's costume is inheritedly easy to draw because its just "hexagons" or whatever. Sure it is just "webs" when he is static and standing there but during his acrobatic combat scenes, those webs become different shapes and artist have no problem making it work. But throwing a little accents on BP's mask suddenly becomes this daunting, impossible task.

I just want artist to put the same level of work they put into BP as anyone else instead of going, "whew, I just spent 3 hours on Iron Man, now I can just throw some black on t'challa ot catch up"

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, nice one. I would love to have a seat under the tree at THAT X-men picnic!
    Double stuffed oreo life baby!

Oh... wait.. no that doesn't compute like i thought it would. oh my

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Really looking forward to this issue. It is beyond cool to see Tony and T'Challa kicking vampire ass side by side. I like how both of them have their own ways and thoughts about what they are doing.
    It's refreshing to see them getting along

The civil war ones? Those were bad ass but the movie suit grew on me (i wasn't feeling it when it first debuted). The movie suit had accents but mostly darker shade with only some silver.

I lean more with BlindW in that I like it really illuminated when kinetically charged, for the significance factor. But I do feel it's lazy to not give him any accents, especially in the mask. Even the panther quest animators gave him that.

Hell, you could take the image above, do away with all the shades of gray and just keep the silver accent parts (nose/forehead, necklace, gauntlets, waist) and it would be a big improvement. And not nearly as time-consuming as spider-man's suit is.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13