Page 109 of 744 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I mean that Spidey's intricacies are standardised, not necessarily simpler (of course they've always been there so they can't be done away with).

I mean that T'Challa doesn't have a standard design for those yet, and his classic design doesn't have them. Which is why I'm saying either we have a standard design or we don't have one and we make do with what we have and always make it look good.

Rocafort's overall design in my opinion works best because it's still really sleek and simple, and has memorable additions. Any artist can draw and remember that easily, as well as build on it.

But artists are definitely lazy. A part of me think it's studio mandated to make it that simple especially since the All New, All Different relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I lean more with BlindW in that I like it really illuminated when kinetically charged, for the significance factor. But I do feel it's lazy to not give him any accents, especially in the mask. Even the panther quest animators gave him that.

Hell, you could take the image above, do away with all the shades of gray and just keep the silver accent parts (nose/forehead, necklace, gauntlets, waist) and it would be a big improvement. And not nearly as time-consuming as spider-man's suit is.
    Exactly. Give me the silver accents/hard metal jewelry (plus those arm bands because I love them) with a simple base. Easy and looks good.

Also I want my ninja feet back. That's one thing I like about the Civil War suit. Looks damn cool in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I mean that Spidey's intricacies are standardised, not necessarily simpler (of course they've always been there so they can't be done away with).

I mean that T'Challa doesn't have a standard design for those yet, and his classic design doesn't have them. Which is why I'm saying either we have a standard design or we don't have one and we make do with what we have and always make it look good.

Rocafort's overall design in my opinion works best because it's still really sleek and simple, and has memorable additions. Any artist can draw and remember that easily, as well as build on it.

But artists are definitely lazy. A part of me think it's studio mandated to make it that simple especially since the All New, All Different relaunch.
    I'll be honest... I find the movie design (with all the lines and textures) a little busy, especially when it's powered up. Then again, I have the same problem with a lot of comic-book designs of late.

What people are talking about, really, is a lack of shading. Solid black only works when the character is designed to look that way (e.g. Cloak or the original Havok design). Otherwise, it just looks lazy, IMO.

Give me some believable shading, and a few accents to spice it up, and I'm happy. Something like this, maybe, but with modern coloring:

(I confess, I miss the gold. It just pops better on the page)

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'll be honest... I find the movie design (with all the lines and textures) a little busy, especially when it's powered up. Then again, I have the same problem with a lot of comic-book designs of late.

What people are talking about, really, is a lack of shading. Solid black only works when the character is designed to look that way (e.g. Cloak or the original Havok design). Otherwise, it just looks lazy, IMO.

Give me some believable shading, and a few accents to spice it up, and I'm happy. Something like this, maybe, but with modern coloring:

I think the gold works really really well with the cape and the high collar. It gives sort of a regal look.

But silver comes off more functional with the capeless outfits, as it seems more utilitarian.

So I guess to me they sort of both work depending on the situation and the outfit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All of T'challa's appearances have been updated

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...-raw-list.html

not sexy but needed to be done lol
    Thank you for this !

...But if you ask me, how I really want T'Challa's suit to look all the time in comics is the way Kenneth Rocafort who drew The Ultimates for a while depicted it.

I personally think this design is perfect (or at least the top half which is shown more is). The necklace design, the silver teeth/claw armbands, the teeth/claws on the lower arms, the subtle design lines going through out the suit and the armour plating, the accents on the helmet, the panther inspired nose and mouth. Only thing I'd add which I didn't see in Rocafort's art are the silver waist things the current MCU suit has and teeth/claws on the top of the boots with ninja style/tabi toes.
    I agree Rocaforts is my favorite design. I don't need flashy designs, I want details. You can have a simple yet detailed design. The problem is T'Challas simple design gets simplified even more which makes it look bad but this design from the annual looks great even though it's simple in Priest story

It works nicely. But it also doesn't hurt to have details like this either

It's not super complex but it gives him some details and it looks badass.

Ultimately though, I would be happy with either of these designs, Rocaforts version, and the two I put up above, as long as we get the accents to appear like they did when T'Challa solar flared the vampires. The way to habit lit up was just so badass.

The civil war ones? Those were bad ass but the movie suit grew on me (i wasn't feeling it when it first debuted). The movie suit had accents but mostly darker shade with only some silver.

[/IMG]

I lean more with BlindW in that I like it really illuminated when kinetically charged, for the significance factor. But I do feel it's lazy to not give him any accents, especially in the mask. Even the panther quest animators gave him that.

Hell, you could take the image above, do away with all the shades of gray and just keep the silver accent parts (nose/forehead, necklace, gauntlets, waist) and it would be a big improvement. And not nearly as time-consuming as spider-man's suit is.
    I also declare the silver accents should be standard

How many votes does the tribal council (oh ****, parliament? what are we now?) need to petition Marvel?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I always like the gold too. The silver some time can come off as to boring in my opinion.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I get where you're coming from with the movie design (even though I prefer it to the Civil War design because it's generally less busy). You're right about shading though and that's why I like the Rocafort and Stelfreeze designs, as well as whoever it was that drew that Deadpool issue. The shading and colouring looks really good to make his image feel alive, imposing and powerful, and solid black doesn't even work for a guy who is supposed to be wearing a metal suit.

I'm not sure how I feel about the gold. Sometimes it gets overdone and it just looks gaudy. And then coupled with the cape it starts to look European to me (which isn't inherently bad but doesn't work for T'Challa of course). Silver actually being less noticeable in my opinion works better (and I do wish it was even a darker colour like gun metal)

No way is Lebron the nba player most like T'Challa

T'Challa and Okoye wouldn't have botched the Anthony Davis transaction like Lebron and Rich Paul did. He'd have had the Pelicans begging him to take AD off their hands for a couple young bucks and a box of scooby snacks.

Giannis is messin up by not having a jump shot; he'd be the chosen one if not for that.

Maybe Embiid
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

I get where you're coming from with the movie design (even though I prefer it to the Civil War design because it's generally less busy). You're right about shading though and that's why I like the Rocafort and Stelfreeze designs, as well as whoever it was that drew that Deadpool issue. The shading and colouring looks really good to make his image feel alive, imposing and powerful, and solid black doesn't even work for a guy who is supposed to be wearing a metal suit.

I'm not sure how I feel about the gold. Sometimes it gets overdone and it just looks gaudy. And then coupled with the cape it starts to look European to me (which isn't inherently bad but doesn't work for T'Challa of course). Silver actually being less noticeable in my opinion works better (and I do wish it was even a darker colour like gun metal)
    I think that T'Challa really should have different levels of decoration, depending on the circumstances. After all, the suit isn't a costume, or even a uniform. It's the royal habit of the Panther Cult.

Consider this:

When on the throne, or at a diplomatic event as King, he should be going full bling. Gold accents, big cape, the whole nine yards.

However, when acting as Avengers chairperson, more subtlety is appropriate, so the Roquefort silver accents say "hero" without being gaudy.

And when in a situation where stealth is required, any accents should embedded into the suit, perhaps in your gunmetal gray (assuming we have any decoration at all. After all, we wouldn't want him caught because light reflected off his gauntlets, or his necklace made noise...)

I like the movie habit better then the civil war habit tbh. It's less busy but has the right amount of accents. Plus I prefer the more panther-like look then CW (don't get me wrong it's badass for sure but doesn't do his name as much Justice as the solo)

Just give me Rocaforts design, throw a couple accents on the face (around his eyes, on his cheeks and coming down his forehead) and have the accents on his forearms, waist, and shins and were good. It's very easy to do. Then you get super complicated when he force pushed the isht out of someone or solar flare nuke some vamps

T'Challa and Okoye wouldn't have botched the Anthony Davis transaction like Lebron and Rich Paul did. He'd have had the Pelicans begging him to take AD off their hands for a couple young bucks and a box of scooby snacks.

Giannis is messin up by not having a jump shot; he'd be the chosen one if not for that.

Maybe Embiid
    Unless they get him this off season for less.

IE, the boston deal isn't real (would you trust Danny Ainge? hell f'ing no).

Maybe Lebron is playing 4D chess.

Or, after watching the all star draft... I think Lebron has reached "i don't really care" mode and is just living his best life in LA lol. So, he's Happy Pants Panther
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Maybe Embiid
    Bill Russell is most like T'Challa end of discussion

Lebron isn't the GM and even with AD they'd still get swept by the Warriors. I don't know why people think anybody can beat GSW this season. Barring catastrophic injury they are unbeatable.

Giannis is working on his shot. You gotta know your straights at least he isn't as bad as Ben Simmons who can't throw a rock in the ocean
    The J-man