Page 117 of 744 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'd say that causing the Phoenix Force to split and then empower 4-5 individual living WMD's hardly qualifies as an achievement.
    Ouch.

Bang bang!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It's like Marvel told Coates to go play with his lego set over there while they have guys put in some real work with BP in the 616 timeline. Avengers and BPvDP feel like the actual main BP books, while intergalactic empire feels like an after thought elseworld's tale. It's honestly why BP has been so enjoyable these past 4-5 months. Coates and Storm have been mitigated and the focus via other writers have been on making BP and Okoye bad ass. It's lit. like BP's solar flare
    Pretty much this, Okoye has been his ride or die chick since day one, and she is getting reaping the benefits of always being there for him. Notice how the MA with their no one man, we can stand on our own, have faded to the way side. Where as Okoye has gotten a promotion, general of the Wakandan arny, director of AoW, and rolling in the 1.3billy rewards. Just get Shuri to a defined role that different and distinct from T'Challa, Maybe get Nunakia and we good. Oh and get Winston M'Baku in here to be T'Challas boi.

Y'all need to watch the new episodes of BP quest.

Really some good stuff in here. They next movie could benefit from this especially when it comes to the villain being steps ahead of everyone else but I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Really some good stuff in here. They next movie could benefit from this especially when it comes to the villain being steps ahead of everyone else but I will leave it at that.
    Just finished and yeah these 2 episodes were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty much this, Okoye has been his ride or die chick since day one, and she is getting reaping the benefits of always being there for him. Notice how the MA with their no one man, we can stand on our own, have faded to the way side. Where as Okoye has gotten a promotion, general of the Wakandan arny, director of AoW, and rolling in the 1.3billy rewards. Just get Shuri to a defined role that different and distinct from T'Challa, Maybe get Nunakia and we good. Oh and get Winston M'Baku in here to be T'Challas boi.
    I don't know if Okoye gets to be labelled rideor die chick since day one if she essentialy vanished without a trace for a decade and a half. SHe conveniently returns AFTER all the really bad stuff.

wow Redjack you really gonna leave things like that at the end.

Killmonger playing 3D chess.
    Last edited by Jabare; 02-10-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shuri's book gave a few clues. It mentions him and Eden going into space to find their gods. So we don't know exactly the when but we know the why.

Storm is involved in the Shuri story, so this takes place before the Xmen die. Iron Man showing up in the next issue of Shuri will probably tell us where things line up from the Avenger side of things, though I would guess itd before he at least leads the team if they aren't lioking for him. More likely before the team is even formed.
    Would you say best guess is prior to Aaron's Avengers series?

[B] Chance's are, all of Coates run takes place, most likely before the time jump from SW II up till the events of SE.
    Doesn't some of Ewing's work acknowledge what was happening during Coates's run?

Obviously, there's precedent for a self-contained Black Panther story that doesn't fit easily with everything else going on. I think Avengers may have had some vague allusion to Don McGregor's Panther's Rage, but any appearance T'Challa would have had during that time in another book wouldn't make much sense at all.

BTW, people seem to like when I review Black Panther issues, so I decided next week (starting 2/18), I'll review Peter Gillis's Black Panther miniseries. It's been a while since I've read that, so it should be interesting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Doesn't some of Ewing's work acknowledge what was happening during Coates's run?

Obviously, there's precedent for a self-contained Black Panther story that doesn't fit easily with everything else going on. I think Avengers may have had some vague allusion to Don McGregor's Panther's Rage, but any appearance T'Challa would have had during that time in another book wouldn't make much sense at all.

BTW, people seem to like when I review Black Panther issues, so I decided next week (starting 2/18), I'll review Peter Gillis's Black Panther miniseries. It's been a while since I've read that, so it should be interesting.
    Prior to Aarons series would be the best guess if the Avengers aren't actively looking for him too.

And Ewing's book did briefly mention that Bast was missing prior to getting the Tiger god for Secret Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Ewings run basically confirms what I said about Coates timeline. As in this takes place in between the end of SW up to SE. Basically it's just we see aneka and ayo at S1 and random DM in S2 at the start. Ewing said it was for for appearance only, but I think still even Ewing was just somewhat just ignoring Coates

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Ouch.

Bang bang!
    Basically.

On a much more serious note, everytime I watch an episode of Avengers Assembled:Panther's Quest, I find myself wondering why Redjack's pitch for a BP ongoing solo book, was turned down in favour of Coates?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Bro, I watched those and was totally blown away.

Pure class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Basically.

On a much more serious note, everytime I watch an episode of Avengers Assembled:Panther's Quest, I find myself wondering why Redjack's pitch for a BP ongoing solo book, was turned down in favour of Coates?
    Because while our esteemed brother Redjack is a better writer, Coates has that "NYT cred". I mean, TNC was hired solely on the fact that he wrote a non-fiction book that the literati liked....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Because while our esteemed brother Redjack is a better writer, Coates has that "NYT cred". I mean, TNC was hired solely on the fact that he wrote a non-fiction book that the literati liked....
    That's rather unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Exactly, i mean, why choose a guy who may have lower but sustainable sales, and push the mythos forward, when you can have a "named" literary who has no knowledge of the craft to arbitrarily boost sales but requires the company to have to constantly save him, and he dismantles all the things that make the mythos unique back shackling it with the type of crap that the website you sited a while back about Black hero origins? And given how much Coates changed his tune when the movie dropped from clearly "ground breaking" run that inspired the movie, marvel made the right choice..

Exactly, i mean, why choose a guy who may have lower but sustainable sales, and push the mythos forward, when you can have a "named" literary who has no knowledge of the craft to arbitrarily boost sales but requires the company to have to constantly save him, and he dismantles all the things that make the mythos unique back shackling it with the type of crap that the website you sited a while back about Black hero origins? And given how much Coates changed his tune when the movie dropped from clearly "ground breaking" run that inspired the movie, marvel made the right choice..
    Press coverage?