Page 121 of 744 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It honestly makes too much sense. At worst, they'll combine it with A team and have Okoye as the "Director".

She's on her way to the big time. She's already the Pippen to T'Challa's Jordan
    Agents of Wakanda Disney+ show incoming

Danai already bout the TV life. Easy transition
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The universe in which Carol was leader of Avengers and Alpha Flight,and High ranking in Military leadership and a Shield officer. Don't forget in actually pushing a character they actually narratively place the character in positions of importance. 616 universe she is pretty legit qualification wise, I don't necessarily agree with list But Marvel spent years artificially pushing Captain America or Cyclops down fans throat as "the leaders", I don't see difference now that they changed the flavor of who they are pushing. Are characters important because they are popular or they important because in universe it make sense? If I gave you choice between Captain America,Cyclops and Blue Marvel leading a team who would you pick? Lets not pretend company favorites haven't always been a thing.

I am enjoying this era Black Panther is the chairman of the Avengers and leader of basically Shield. I am all for different people shining , somebody might say in what backwards universe is T'Challa leading the Avengers with Captain America on the roster.
    I think T'challa's qualifications as a leader actually stem from being being a King and General moreso than any Avengers stuff.

I think Carols disqualifcations as a leader actually stem from being leader of books no one reads more than any wiki list stuff. Hard to see how "good" a leader Carol is when no one is reading the book lol. one of those tree falls but no one hears it things lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-12-2019 at 10:03 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The universe in which Carol was leader of Avengers and Alpha Flight,and High ranking in Military leadership and a Shield officer. Don't forget in actually pushing a character they actually narratively place the character in positions of importance. 616 universe she is pretty legit qualification wise, I don't necessarily agree with list But Marvel spent years artificially pushing Captain America or Cyclops down fans throat as "the leaders", I don't see difference now that they changed the flavor of who they are pushing. Are characters important because they are popular or they important because in universe it make sense? If I gave you choice between Captain America,Cyclops and Blue Marvel leading a team who would you pick? Lets not pretend company favorites haven't always been a thing.

I am enjoying this era Black Panther is the chairman of the Avengers and leader of basically Shield. I am all for different people shining , somebody might say in what backwards universe is T'Challa leading the Avengers with Captain America on the roster.
    I think the fact that marvel spent decades pushing Scott and Steve as leaders is why its a bit odd that Carol ranks higher.

Just my opinion but she probably needed at least a few more years under her belt for people to genuinely consider her the best. Not trying to bash her or anything, but they need to show not tell.

LOL

If you think Cyclops, who has been the leader of the X-Men since it was created and Captain America, who was pretty much the very first Leader of Marvel Super Heroes with the Invaders, is artificial then you either don't know what you are talking about or just talking non-sense for the sake of your point.

Not to get to far into this but Captain America actually has on record had the highest selling solo in/around 2008 and has also always been connected to the Avengers as a staple character. While Carol Danvers has never had either of those. Sure when her movie drops she will probably be more associated with the Avengers but as of right now she still somewhat another character in the revolving door of characters who had her solo title relaunched 8-9 times. Oh, wait other characters never even got that chance the least of which Monica, who Marvel is trying their damnedest not to bring up.

I have nothing against Carol and I'm glad the character is getting an opportunity. But the lies, misrepresentation, and shady practices that Marvel is doing not only with her but other characters is really starting to get under my skin.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-12-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I love off-topic discussions
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

I love off-topic discussions
    T'challa is a better leader than GM Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa is a better leader than GM Magic Johnson
    1. Elton Brand
    2. T'Challa
    3. Masai Ujiri = Ultimate Nick Fury
    4. GM Magic Johnson
    5. your preteen son in his future NBA2K season mode

6. Pelicans GM
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I feel like that's a silly interpretation of Wakanda.
    it's not an interpretation. it's the history of the country as depicted in the comics. it's not open for debate. the history of Wakanda diverged from that of the rest of the continent at the moment they discovered what vibranium could do for them. they never lifted a finger to help any of their neighbors during colonization. they did nothing to stop the transatlantic slave trade. they BARELY participated in ww2. They did nothing to stop Islam spreading via the sword across much of Africa. exactly how "African" is Wakanda?

Just as American as Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    LOL

If you think Cyclops, who has been the leader of the X-Men since it was created and Captain America, who was pretty much the very first Leader of Marvel Super Heroes with the Invaders, is artificial then you either don't know what you are talking about or just talking non-sense for the sake of your point.

Not to get to far into this but Captain America actually has on record had the highest selling solo in/around 2008 and has also always been connected to the Avengers as a staple character. While Carol Danvers has never had either of those. Sure when her movie drops she will probably be more associated with the Avengers but as of right now she still somewhat another character in the revolving door of characters who had her solo title relaunched 8-9 times. Oh, wait other characters never even got that chance the least of which Monica, who Marvel is trying their damnedest not to bring up.

I have nothing against Carol and I'm glad the character is getting an opportunity. But the lies, misrepresentation, and shady practices that Marvel is doing not only with her but other characters is really starting to get under my skin.
    Though the execution of Carols push has the subtely of a bull in a china shop, a part of me can't help but respect that they legitimately are trying. They're not giving up on her, and however I feel about the execution of her push, I'm glad she's getting it.

I genuinely think 10 years from now the Avengers Big 3 might grow into the Avengers Big 5 with Carol and T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's not an interpretation. it's the history of the country as depicted in the comics. it's not open for debate. the history of Wakanda diverged from that of the rest of the continent at the moment they discovered what vibranium could do for them. they never lifted a finger to help any of their neighbors during colonization. they did nothing to stop the transatlantic slave trade. they BARELY participated in ww2. They did nothing to stop Islam spreading via the sword across much of Africa. exactly how "African" is Wakanda?

When you put it that way, it almost makes you wonder why there aren't a lot more MCU Killmongers running around the marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you put it that way, it almost makes you wonder why there aren't a lot more MCU Killmongers running around the marvel universe.
    if only my second pitch had gone through. oh, well...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Does any of this make them any less African?

I understand that Wakanda is a fictional African Nation but for the sake of suspension of disbelief, in the real world, there were many African Nation States that fought against and resisted the Transatlantic Slavers. The fact that this bit of history is sublimated beneath a convenient distortion of historical fact, whilst pushing the wholly false narrative that Africans (as a whole) rolled over and docile surrendered their way into slavery, is indicative of cognitive dissonance of massive dimensions.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.

BANNED

Cap is not a better leader then Black Panther. Cap runs a small team and BP runs a country of millions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    LOL

Agreed 100%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Cap is not a better leader then Black Panther. Cap runs a small team and BP runs a country of millions
    Neither one of them is a better strategist than Namor.