Page 126 of 352 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5267
  1. #1876
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Oooohhhh wow.... now I think I see your point of view; If we're ignoring generally accepted geography, We don't see Africa as any different to Australia or Antartica, Borders are "not real" social/tribal constructs, and African elements in the story are disregarded as Pastiche, then sure I guess Wakanda isn't a part of Africa.

    I'm not even sure its part of planet Earth at this point.
    I'm not sure you do see, based on the poor paraphrasing. no one's ignoring geography. that's a semantic game that I'm not playing with you guys. it's already been stipulated that Wakanda is physically part of the continent.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-13-2019 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #1877
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Africa is where the first man and woman walked. Where human civilization started. Africa is where most of the worlds oil and minerals come from to make cell phones and computers. Without mother Africa the world is trash. Everyone know this. This is why racist are trying to take over Africa as they say it's a shithole.

  3. #1878
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Africa is where the first man and woman walked. Where human civilization started. Africa is where most of the worlds oil and minerals come from to make cell phones and computers. Without mother Africa the world is trash. Everyone know this. This is why racist are trying to take over Africa as they say it's a shithole.
    Facts, the same place that even right now the Chinese are engaging in soft colonialism just so they move on in for the beautiful landscape, space and other precious resources . To paraphrase, everybody want to be in Africa but nobody want to be in Africa!

  4. #1879
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    Rare black leopard captured in new images from Kenya
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/13/afric...her/index.html

    Black panther: Rare animal caught on camera in Kenya
    https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47224887

    T’Challa’s Cousins? Scientists Photograph Rare Black Leopard for First Time in Over 100 Years
    https://www.theroot.com/t-challa-s-c...-le-1832601120






    Wakanda will no longer watch from the shadows. We cannot. We must not. We will work to be an example of how we as brothers and sisters on this earth should treat each other. Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis, the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  5. #1880
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Korath The Pursuer says...





    In times of need certain "tribes" may want to stick together due to the Safety In Numbers Initiative but I aint saying nothing!


    Hey is that Mordo in the front row on his 12 Years A Slave grind laying low in da cut...
    Get Hectic!

  6. #1881
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,114

    Default



    I was only gone for 3 days
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  7. #1882
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Queen Nakia 12 Years A Slave...


    If this doesn't get Wakanda involved with the slave trade I don't know what will!


    Apparently that War Dog mission went way south... Like deep deep deep south!





    Magneto needs his @$$ whipped for this and nothing Storm could say about mutant persecution holds a candle to these actions!


    Cyberbullying... Safespace... Uhm NOPE!


    The Oppression Olympics continues...





    Note: In the directors cut edition a Royal Talon fighter jet lands just behind the barn and Black Panther and a gang of Doras stab everybody repeatedly like See Wakanda And Die slow MF's!
    Get Hectic!

  8. #1883
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's actually not up to you. so far, all i've put forth is facts.

    i don't have any emotional skin in the game.
    Really?

    Well, I'm afraid that MU Canon established by the OG's Lee, Kirby, Priest and Hudlin totally contradicts the narrative you're trying to posit as fact.

    Wakanda has always been a fictional African Nation state situated within the continent of Africa as depicted by Marvel comics so regardless of how much I appreciate your writing acumen across the board, there is simply no way that I'm going to disregard established Canon just because....
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  9. #1884
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Oooohhhh wow.... now I think I see your point of view; If we're ignoring generally accepted geography, We don't see Africa as any different to Australia or Antartica, Borders are "not real" social/tribal constructs, and African elements in the story are disregarded as Pastiche, then sure I guess Wakanda isn't a part of Africa.

    I'm not even sure its part of planet Earth at this point.
    Brotherman, I totally dig where you're coming from.

    It's a beautiful vibe.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-13-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  10. #1885
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post


    I was only gone for 3 days
    Everything's cool bruv.

    No cause for alarm.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  11. #1886
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I have to take my hat off to brothers Blind Wedjat and Pumbaa for keeping it all the way real on this topic.

    I've learnt alot from your posts and have throughly enjoyed reading your contributions.

    Once again, thank you both.

  12. #1887
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    999

    Default

    All this beefing has caused a divide within the greater Dora Milage community...


    Get Hectic!

  13. #1888
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post


    I was only gone for 3 days
    Bruh that's exactly what I'm feeling looking at this convo lol

    Wakanda is African btw. Whatever cultural traits they built upon were indigenous to the region and therefore indigenous to the continent. The fact that they isolated themselves early on doesn't detract from that basic fact. Africa is the most diverse continent so not everything needs to look the same, as it clearly didn't historically or even in the present day.

    Therefore even though Wakanda developed different foods, music, technology, etc. than their neighbors, they did so on the continent and therefore those traits are African. If anything, as others have said they are the most African people on the continent seeing as they imported nothing from the colonizing powers of the world and maintained cultural continuity for thousands of years. As different as (theoretically speaking) they ought to be from other Africans on the continent, they came to be in Africa and are therefore African.

    And even if we're looking at this historically, there was a time before the arrival of vibranium, so there was most certainly a time when there was the exchange of culture between the area we know now as Wakanda and the surrounding region. I don't know when the Wakandan peoples got access to vibranium, but even if it was a few hundred years before the rise of Mesopotamia or the Indus Valley civilization, they still would have received substantial cultural contact from other groups and gotten some "traditional" African traits like ancestor worship and mud-brick architecture, hence why they have them now. At least that's my headcanon.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-13-2019 at 04:21 PM.

  14. #1889
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Hotel Wakanda...


    Rhodey out here fulfilling Queen Nakia's vision probably on Stark Industries money waiting on Wakanda which is not on the continent of Africa and does not care about less fortunate Africans because they are not technically African!





    Blexit or Bust...
    Get Hectic!

  15. #1890
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Dilemma...


    Since my wife is a born and raised South African and I am a born and raised African American does that make me a South African African American?


    Under Judeo-Christian marriage laws we are technically "one flesh" so that should make our son... An African mutant by default!


    What's weird about all this is that I am thoroughly convinced that my wife is South African Secret Service and she is working me like Jason Bourne!


    I mean like we go to the mall and she walks 50 paces behind me and tells me via bluetooth earphone which store to shop in or duck for cover like...





    Mrs. Hectic: "Walk towards the Disney Store... Pause, browse the coffee mugs... Buy the Thanos Infinity Gauntlet one... Now drop down and pretend to tie your shoe... In ten seconds rise up and head out the store towards the local comic shop... Buy the Black Panther issue #10... No, not the Coates one the other one..."

    Flex Hectic: "I think I'm being followed..."

    Mrs. Hectic: "That's just the store security sweating you because you're black... Keep moving"

    Flex Hectic: "I'm South African African American!"

    Mrs. Hectic: "Whatever... Now take a right towards the calendar kiosk in the middle of the mall... Search the Marvel calendars and keep your head down!"

    Flex Hectic: "Niiiiice... Is this Neal Adams?"

    Mrs. Hectic: "Drop the calendar and slowly pick it up... Careful!"

    Flex Hectic: "If I break it I gotta buy it!"

    Mrs. Hectic: "There are two Goon Slam Gary's on your left at 4 o'clock..."

    Flex Hectic: "OH SNAP THEY SEE ME!!!"

    Mrs. Hectic: "Got em!"

    BIFF... SLAM... BOOM... BANG... (shaky camera and stuff)... CRACK... SLAP... POOF... (even more shaky camera)... CLANG... POW!

    Flex Hectic: "Dayum woman you about that life for real... Look at all that blood!"

    Mrs. Hectic: "Now take a left towards the Victoria's Secret shop!"

    Flex Hectic: "I like where this is headed can I see your War Dog tattoo!"

    Mrs. Hectic: "Get the red one with the lace... No the red one!"

    Flex Hectic: "But I'm really pheeling the blue one with the..."

    Mrs. Hectic: "RED... Now slip away to the dressing room I'll meet you there stay low and quiet not a sound!"

    Transmission REDACTED by South African Secret Service!


    It's a matter of national... OOPS I mean continental security!
    I.. sweet baby Bast that was hilarious.. seriously had me cracking up BAD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •