Page 13 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I mean, one would think that M'Baku doesn't like any outsider's sport but I'll endorse this anyway.

I would say T'Challa appreciates the fundamentals of the game and that defense is half of it. I certainly think he thought LeBron was the all around best player when people weren't giving him his due. I suspect, lately, he's started to change to Kawhi because of how all around good he is at the game.

If we're going with movie Shuri, I think she's with Steph.

Killmonger is a fan of Durant since he appreciates a man with a giant chip on his shoulder.
    Would T'challa sit out a whole year with a phantom quad pain though? Seems awfully snakey... or was it Kwahi thinking 10 steps ahead! Prepmaster Kwahi?

We thinkin two way players, gotta throw Paul George up there (as much as it hurts me due to being a Pacers fan) or Dipo. And Anthony Davis

Shuri for Steph is a given I think. She'd be the perfect age for Steph mania. Good choice.

Hmm Killmonger. I gotta think about that one. I can't see him liking Durant joining 73-9 warriors though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If not Durant, how about Westbrook?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Is this fair?

https://twitter.com/NeoUnderscore/st...17020642844673

The movie probably wouldn't have been as big of a hit if he didn't do this though. I think all those things can still exist and get prime T'Challa if the sequel gets a longer run time.
    With Shuri yes, Okoye? Person your quoting doesn't know Okoye outside of MCU and that's fine.

However, tactical know how and pragmatism T'Challa showed that. With the train, the knife kill, using the force push on the car to destroy it, using he claws to turn the Lexus, jumping from the Lexus to the truck to rip out the driver and crash the truck while simultaneously jumping back into the lexus, the force push into the ground to disrupt the energy shield into the dragonflyer take down. There's more but I have made my point.

Coogler essentially used Hudlin's WitBP T'Challa in the first movie, as Hudlin's version is a younger more fiery T'Challa (or atleast in terms of his rule)

And no Shuri is essentially T'Challas Q. She doesn't poses (currently) comic Shuris warrior instinct, otherwise she would of challenged Erik (or wanted to) and Nakia would of offered the HSH to her instead of going to Okoye, then M'Baku. That don't sound like she will be pining for the throne anytime soon. And that's not a knock at MCU Shuri,as the role she is going into is actually better long term then what the comics did.

But I agree with what MoS said, this is getting a little old with the whole Twitter thing. Just call it your own

Just finished watching the special. Sweet baby Bast the first half was intense! My son was full of questions too and was just stoked from start to finish I like where the first half left off and picked up on the second half, I am loving seeing the familiar 2 steps ahead Panther. Redjack you definitely started the second half of the season off with a bang!

Everyone else gotta hurry up and watch it so it can be discussed! Lots to talk about
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-06-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Just finished watching the special. Sweet baby Bast the first half was intense! My son was full of questions too and was just stoked from start to finish I like where the first half left off and picked up on the second half, I am loving seeing the familiar 2 steps ahead Panther. Redjack you definitely started the second half of the season off with a bang!

Everyone else gotta hurry up and watch it so it can be discussed! Lots to talk about
    Loved every minute of it bruh, T'Challa stay playing chess while these other "heroes" playing checkers.

Panther Quest was spectacular as usual. Great job again Mr. Thorne
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

However, tactical know how and pragmatism T'Challa showed that. With the train, the knife kill, using the force push on the car to destroy it, using he claws to turn the Lexus, jumping from the Lexus to the truck to rip out the driver and crash the truck while simultaneously jumping back into the lexus, the force push into the ground to disrupt the energy shield into the dragonflyer take down. There's more but I have made my point.

Coogler essentially used Hudlin's WitBP T'Challa in the first movie, as Hudlin's version is a younger more fiery T'Challa (or atleast in terms of his rule)
    Also, by using the unintended opportunity created by Okoye's hostility toward Everett Ross, T'Challa put a listening device on the american agent, while feigning being thankful for his help in Busan. Plus there was the beginning of the movie with his stealth operation to get Nakia back for his coronation.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    I have been looking for this thread for the last three days... it was hidden like the city in the BP movie.

To the poster who dug up the info on the China and Hollywood business arrangements..thank you.

Knowledge is potential power, and potential power applied is ignorant box office power potential in China!!!! .... unless your Bumblebee...

...which did about 59 million opening in China this weekend, with analysts projecting a final total of 120 milly by the time it leaves Chinese theaters. That's great for a Marvel movie but actually pretty low for a transformers movie (the last two did 320m and 230m). Not quite the same ignorant set pieces, explosions, and michael bay'isms tho. But as a result, not quite the high budget/overhead either. So glass half full or glass half empty, it's up to your interpretation
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Loved every minute of it bruh, T'Challa stay playing chess while these other "heroes" playing checkers.
    Exactly, like my son was going "Whaaat!" At the end of the first half and then I told him keep watching, you are seeing the planning at work, I liked the touch with spiderman and T'Challas conversation at the end. Shows how ahead T'Challa is of everyone else and why there is respect on his name
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-06-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Been looking for this thread but I'm glad another one is back. Happy holidays, a wonderful New Year, Amandla and Wakanda Forever my brothers and sisters!

I'm yet to catch up on the related BP stuff (Killmonger, MK, BPQ, Avengers) but I will endeavor to these coming days.

On the current discussion, let me quickly add that MCU Okoye is more or less partially inspired by MU Shuri, being a spear-wielding, stoic, "punch first and ask questions later" traditionalist. While she is a general, a great fighter and must possess knowledge of battle strategy, she doesn't display any tactical plans or brilliance in BP or IW (all of which were actually T'Challa's plans and tactics). She, unlike Nakia and T'Challa, is also not a very good spy and nearly screwed the Busan mission by being made.

MCU Shuri is a little different. She unlike her MU counterpart is a modernist/futurist and a brilliant inventor who focuses on defensive technology (the kinetic energy thing is actually meant to defend T'Challa but he uses it as an offensive weapon). She's also clearly inspired by Q, which means her genius is also meant to assist. MCU Shuri is also not a warrior (unlike virtually everyone else) so she lacks that mentality when it comes to her genius. For me, her intelligence (other than it being genius level and inventive) is unlike MU T'Challa's intelligence, or what it should be. T'Challa is first and foremost treated as a warrior and brilliant strategist/tactician. This is what Redjack gets right and why we all love BPQ. I hardly recall T'Challa stating he invented X amounts of gadgets (Shuri is given those feats). It's the tactics he uses to win that surprise and stick with us. MCU T'Challa has sprinklings of this as seen in Civil War (lets not forget that the Russos predetermined him), BP and IW, but they haven't been as mind blowing as we would all like. He clearly reacts and adapts well on the spot which I love, but I'm talking about a deeply layered plan executed expertly.

So no, Coogler didn't take MU T'Challa's traits and give them to MCU Okoye and Shuri. He gave Shuri's traits to Okoye and gave Shuri knew ones inspired by Q, and more or less kept T'Challa's in place (but can further develop them).

Glad you found your way back here blind. Your gonna love kilmonger, mk, and BPQ. As for mcu. Chadwick said too that he is ready for Priest level Panther of plans upon plans so it'll be interesting to see how BP two goes

Poor Chadwick. You can tell he didn’t want to do the wakandan salute again at the golden globes. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

next week.

next week.

next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Poor Chadwick. You can tell he didn’t want to do the wakandan salute again at the golden globes. Lmao.
    Did they coax him? What went down?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com