Page 132 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    "

So in that fictional world Wakanda was holding its own. Hudlin did an Annual regarding Wakanda and the Trans Atlantic slave trade; there was another story with T'Challa vs the Klan by another writer and also there was a serial with him in apartheid South Africa. Then Hudlin did another story regarding the Arabian Knight (I could be wrong).
    T'challa vs the Klan story wasn't a "T'challa takes out the Klan!" He was attacked while in the states.

The South African story was T'challa rescueing his step mom.

Arabian knight was in the proposal issue of Hudlins.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Race to Space...

Thanos: "Your optimism is misplaced Asgardian."

Loki: "Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian... And for another... I'm Cablinasian!"

Thanos: "Pardon me..."

Loki: "Cablinasian... Like the professional golfer on Earth Tiger Woods."

Thor: "Really, I can't with you anymore Loki."

Hulk: "Hulk confused should I smash now or nah?"

Maw: "I had a sermon all ready to go but now I'm drawing a complete blank."

Thanos: "Let's start over... The Tesseract or your brother's... Hold up, what the FRAK is a Cablinasion?"

Loki: "Caucasian, Black, American Indian and Asian."

Thanos: "And you came to this conclusion how?"

Loki: "My hair is kind of nappy and yet straight as a perm... Plus I got rhythm like a colored boy."

Heimdall: "HEY!!!!"

Loki: "My bad, like a negro."

Heimdall: "UHM!!!"

Loki: "A-person-of-ethnic-descent."

Heimdall: "Better!"

Thanos: "American Indian... Asian?"

Loki: "I'm very tribal and I like fried rice."

Proxima Midnight: "That's kind of racist there."

Corvus Glaive: "Sort of offensive... Borderline even."

Loki: "Calling yourselves The 'BLACK' Order is not?"

Cull Obsidian: "(grunt) The Black part is strictly for intimidation purposes only (sneer)"

Loki: "So you're saying it's okay when YOU use color but not when I use it... Who knew Thanos raised such RACIST children!"

Thanos: "I have a green daughter and a technically disabled dysfunctional blue daughter so I don't discriminate by race, creed or color!"

Loki: "Says the Mad Titan who commits genocide on other people's cultures... I bet you try harder killing beings of darker hues than lighter hues admit it."

Thanos: "MOTHA BLEEEEEEEEP I AM AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DESTROYER WHO KILLS ONLY TO SAVE THE FINITE UNIVERSE FROM..."

Loki: "I saw pictures of you in blackface on the internet!"

Thanos: "DAYUM!!! Why you bringing up old sh!t it was a costume party I cosplayed as my N!&&@ M'baku aka Man-ape!"

Loki: "You should choose your racial parodies more carefully!"

Newsflash: Half Of Universe Saved From Mad Titan Due To Cablinasian/Asgardian Stall Tactics!

Question: Is it okay for non Blacks/Africans to dress up as Wakandan characters to the fullest extent?

Answer: Since Wakanda is not African... Yes!
    Get Hectic!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    "My ancestors were people of Truth."

"Bashenga was the first Black Panther...he created a cult to guard against intruders...his descendants gave their lives to keep the demon spirits from spreading across the Earth.."

Excerpt from Black Panther Vol 1 issue 7

My interpretation was that Wakanda was created to protect Africa and the wider world from the horrors caused by vibranium radiation. But through years of isolation what had started as a noble cause became something else through following a tradition without questioning.
    YES! I forgot about that. Wakand a was originally closed off to protect others from vibranium poisoning.Vibranium is toxic to most people outside Wakanda in its raw form.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Race to Space...

Thanos: "Your optimism is misplaced Asgardian."

Loki: "Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian... And for another... I'm Cablinasian!"

Thanos: "Pardon me..."

Loki: "Cablinasian... Like the professional golfer on Earth Tiger Woods."

Thor: "Really, I can't with you anymore Loki."

Hulk: "Hulk confused should I smash now or nah?"

Maw: "I had a sermon all ready to go but now I'm drawing a complete blank."

Thanos: "Let's start over... The Tesseract or your brother's... Hold up, what the FRAK is a Cablinasion?"

Loki: "Caucasian, Black, American Indian and Asian."

Thanos: "And you came to this conclusion how?"

Loki: "My hair is kind of nappy and yet straight as a perm... Plus I got rhythm like a colored boy."

Heimdall: "HEY!!!!"

Loki: "My bad, like a negro."

Heimdall: "UHM!!!"

Loki: "A-person-of-ethnic-descent."

Heimdall: "Better!"

Thanos: "American Indian... Asian?"

Loki: "I'm very tribal and I like fried rice."

Proxima Midnight: "That's kind of racist there."

Corvus Glaive: "Sort of offensive... Borderline even."

Loki: "Calling yourselves The 'BLACK' Order is not?"

Cull Obsidian: "(grunt) The Black part is strictly for intimidation purposes only (sneer)"

Loki: "So you're saying it's okay when YOU use color but not when I use it... Who knew Thanos raised such RACIST children!"

Thanos: "I have a green daughter and a technically disabled dysfunctional blue daughter so I don't discriminate by race, creed or color!"

Loki: "Says the Mad Titan who commits genocide on other people's cultures... I bet you try harder killing beings of darker hues than lighter hues admit it."

Thanos: "MOTHA BLEEEEEEEEP I AM AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DESTROYER WHO KILLS ONLY TO SAVE THE FINITE UNIVERSE FROM..."

Loki: "I saw pictures of you in blackface on the internet!"

Thanos: "DAYUM!!! Why you bringing up old sh!t it was a costume party I cosplayed as my N!&&@ M'baku aka Man-ape!"

Loki: "You should choose your racial parodies more carefully!"

Newsflash: Half Of Universe Saved From Mad Titan Due To Cablinasian/Asgardian Stall Tactics!

Question: Is it okay for non Blacks/Africans to dress up as Wakandan characters to the fullest extent?

Answer: Since Wakanda is not African... Yes!
    Hectic Stahp, Your killing us here with this pure Vibranium!

Actually keep it up it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We gonna be pissed in May when BP gets no shine in Endgame lol.
    I'm of two minds on this; I know the Russo's can handle BP well because of civil war. But i wasn't that keen on their depiction of Wakanda in Infinity war (It was fine, not bad, but not great, especially right after the BP movie.)

Shuri being missing in the trailer also has me worried. I'd rather they just focus on the main Avengers and wrap up that story than try to incorporate Wakanda and end up messing up the depiction. But obviously incorporating BP and Wakanda and nailing it would be the best option. Guess we'll just have to see.
    Last edited by Pumbaa; 02-15-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I'm of two minds on this; I know the Russo's can handle BP well because of civil war. But i wasn't that keen on their depiction of Wakanda in Infinity war (It was fine, not bad, but not great, especially right after the BP movie.)

Shuri being missing in the trailer also has me worried. I'd rather they just focus on the main Avengers and wrap up that story than try to incorporate Wakanda and end up messing up the depiction. But obviously incorporating BP and Wakanda and nailing it would be the best option. Guess we'll just have to see.
    They filmed back-to-back. So, I wouldn't expect much.

They even said they wished they didn't film back-to-back like that because they couldn't change stuff after feedback. Part of me thinks that was directed towards BP's unexpected box office destruction.

They just need to put the pieces back in place like any good comic crossover and let next generation do its thing

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They filmed back-to-back. So, I wouldn't expect much.

They even said they wished they didn't film back-to-back like that because they couldn't change stuff after feedback. Part of me thinks that was directed towards BP's unexpected box office destruction.

They just need to put the pieces back in place like any good comic crossover and let next generation do its thing
    Church. I also don't think I would want them to try and shoehorn in something BP related just because of box office. If they have good ideas they wanted to explore with the character then dope, but putting the character in for other reasons might backfire.

Makes me think of some Harry Potter fans that were hounding JK Rowling for years to put in more characters of color and then she finally did in the last movie and the same fans were pissed with their depictions. Was a good lesson in "be careful what you wish for". Rather just wait for it to happen organically.

I think it's important to sort of calibrate our expectations.

It's an Avengers movie with potentially two dozen heroes in it. And because this is likely the farewell for the original Avengers, they likely will get the lions share of the spotlight. We probably shouldn't expect anything great from anyone aside from Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk. I think the best we should expect from the rest is just fine (though obviousy if we get more than that we can be pleasantly surprised).

Church. I also don't think I would want them to try and shoehorn in something BP related just because of box office. If they have good ideas they wanted to explore with the character then dope, but putting the character in for other reasons might backfire.

Makes me think of some Harry Potter fans that were hounding JK Rowling for years to put in more characters of color and then she finally did in the last movie and the same fans were pissed with their depictions. Was a good lesson in "be careful what you wish for". Rather just wait for it to happen organically.
    Eh, it wouldn't be shoe horning to give T'challa one good action sequence.

Hell, the black dwarf thing was a pure shoe horn. Quick CGI throw in to go "black panther did something black panther fans!"

Heck, imagine a BP/Okoye/M'baku team up fight against Black Dwarf. Doesn't effect the plot, still cool, and much better than watching the stupid Hulkbuster stuff that was the worst part of the movie. (I hope that pays off in Endgame because it was the worst)

I mean, i still loved the movie but I'm not one of the millions of Black Panther movie watchers who probably only really cared about Endgame to see their new favorite super hero do something lol

Eh, it wouldn't be shoe horning to give T'challa one good action sequence.

Hell, the black dwarf thing was a pure shoe horn. Quick CGI throw in to go "black panther did something black panther fans!"

Heck, imagine a BP/Okoye/M'baku team up fight against Black Dwarf. Doesn't effect the plot, still cool, and much better than watching the stupid Hulkbuster stuff that was the worst part of the movie. (I hope that pays off in Endgame because it was the worst)

I mean, i still loved the movie but I'm not one of the millions of Black Panther movie watchers who probably only really cared about Endgame to see their new favorite super hero do something lol
    I honestly think that they should of taken out the dumb banner kill of BD all together. It diminished the already diminished BD because throughout the entire movie, banner was just... Annoying. I would of rather seen a double team, hell even Cap and BP killing him would of been cooler then what we got. He was unnecessary comic relief

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I honestly think that they should of taken out the dumb banner kill of BD all together. It diminished the already diminished BD because throughout the entire movie, banner was just... Annoying. I would of rather seen a double team, hell even Cap and BP killing him would of been cooler then what we got. He was unnecessary comic relief
    You can argue Banner is justifed in getting moments in the Avenger movies (or Thor movies) since he doesn't get his own movie like Iron Man, Thor, Cap, or BP. So he needs to get moments to shine SOMEWHERE.

Plus, if Infinity Wars and Endgame are the final movies for the original Avengers, they sort of deserve the spotlight. BP has another movie coming out so he'll be okay even if he doesn't get to shine in the Avengers. But for guys like Cap and Hulk, this might be it.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

T'Challa at the end of his movie has more or less the exact same mentality and view he does in the comics. During his time as BP and king of Wakanda, the world is definitely a whole lot more dangerous than it was during T'Chaka's or any other past BP's reign with Avengers and all the other superheroes running around.

And yet Wakanda hasn't been eaten alive by any nation during his reign, even when the whole world knows of Wakanda and what they possess. So I really have to disagree with T'Challa's "kumbaya mentality" is bad for Wakanda. Opening Wakanda's borders to refugees or sharing resources doesn't and shouldn't make T'Challa or Wakandans idiotic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    T'Challa at the end of his movie has more or less the exact same mentality and view he does in the comics. During his time as BP and king of Wakanda, the world is definitely a whole lot more dangerous than it was during T'Chaka's or any other past BP's reign with Avengers and all the other superheroes running around.

And yet Wakanda hasn't been eaten alive by any nation during his reign, even when the whole world knows of Wakanda and what they possess. So I really have to disagree with T'Challa's "kumbaya mentality" is bad for Wakanda. Opening Wakanda's borders to refugees or sharing resources doesn't and shouldn't make T'Challa or Wakandans idiotic.
    And yet in the comicverse, Wakanda has been close to annihilated due to T'Challa's short sighted duplicity by way of sheltering threats to Wakanda within that nations borders on multiple occasions.

I've just gotten back from work with a raging headache and as such, can't really get into a solid debate until I feel better.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

There is a grain of truth to the notion that Wakanda is in greater danger now under T'Challa than it has been in the past. Nothing happened while previous BP's were in charge to our knowledge, because stories weren't really being told when they were in charge. All the bad stuff happens under T'Challa or Shuri, because that's when we're actually getting stories. Bad stuff basically HAS to happen. We can't have books about T'CHalla and Shuri sitting around eating sandwiches all day.

So out of sheer necessity of storytelling yes... Wakanda was probably in greater danger under T'Challa than any other ruler (aside from Shuri I guess... she got the throne during a particularly rough patch). I almost don't think it's entirely fair to frame it that way... but you can.

That said, the reaity is the world is a more dangerous place now than it was under the previous BP's and despite that, T'Challa has managed to save the day time and time again. And that's all the justification he needs to do things his way.