Page 133 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Church. I also don't think I would want them to try and shoehorn in something BP related just because of box office. If they have good ideas they wanted to explore with the character then dope, but putting the character in for other reasons might backfire.

Makes me think of some Harry Potter fans that were hounding JK Rowling for years to put in more characters of color and then she finally did in the last movie and the same fans were pissed with their depictions. Was a good lesson in "be careful what you wish for". Rather just wait for it to happen organically.
    No, Racism is never going to let anything happen organically. That's why racism is here. It's to make everything as unnatural as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's important to sort of calibrate our expectations.

It's an Avengers movie with potentially two dozen heroes in it. And because this is likely the farewell for the original Avengers, they likely will get the lions share of the spotlight. We probably shouldn't expect anything great from anyone aside from Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk. I think the best we should expect from the rest is just fine (though obviousy if we get more than that we can be pleasantly surprised).
    No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And yet in the comicverse, Wakanda has been close to annihilated due to T'Challa's short sighted duplicity by way of sheltering threats to Wakanda within that nations borders on multiple occasions.

I've just gotten back from work with a raging headache and as such, can't really get into a solid debate until I feel better.

Peace.
    Whole yes that is true, those times were more writer and plot induced stupidity then I'm character T'Challa causing or nearly causing Wakandas destruction. Plus no nation has been able to conquer Wakanda. When they "Lost" in was to the entire might of thanos army, with Thanos and his generals there. And even there it took them 3 attempts to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whole yes that is true, those times were more writer and plot induced stupidity then I'm character T'Challa causing or nearly causing Wakandas destruction. Plus no nation has been able to conquer Wakanda. When they "Lost" in was to the entire might of thanos army, with Thanos and his generals there. And even there it took them 3 attempts to be successful.
    MCU T'Challa did the exact same thing the comic book version did by allowing Vision and the Avengers refuge in Wakanda to hold off Thanos forces in Avengers Infinity War. Is that plot induced stupidity, or just T'Challa being a hero? How many times does he have to do it for it to be considered in character?

T'challa used Wakanda to try and stop planetary destruction threats.

Isolated Wakanda would have been burned by Phoenix Fire or blown apart during an incursion regardless. (and in the second thing, he was directly responsible for bringing every single one of them back alive).

Sure, better writing could have been used to make Wakandans feel like somethign more than pawns in the grand scheme of things, T'challa in the end was proven right in both instances anyway. Scott was losing control of the Phoenix and the incursion still happened anyway.

Hell, T'challa isolated Wakanda during Secret Empire event and look what happened there lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Isolated Wakanda would have been burned by Phoenix Fire or blown apart during an incursion regardless. (and in the second thing, he was directly responsible for bringing every single one of them back alive).

Sure, better writing could have been used to make Wakandans feel like somethign more than pawns in the grand scheme of things, T'challa in the end was proven right in both instances anyway. Scott was losing control of the Phoenix and the incursion still happened anyway.

Hell, T'challa isolated Wakanda during Secret Empire event and look what happened there lol
    Yeah.. That was hella dumb as isht. Random unexplained power boost to Faustus that never happened again and was pure stupidity.

As for Phoenix Force and incursions, it's more so how it all went down that makes it so stupid. But In the incursions, yes Tchalla saved everyone, even of Marvel tries to pretend he didn't

mistakes were made last night fellow Wakandans mistakes were made

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    they could have left the Storm part out
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And yet in the comicverse, Wakanda has been close to annihilated due to T'Challa's short sighted duplicity by way of sheltering threats to Wakanda within that nations borders on multiple occasions.

I've just gotten back from work with a raging headache and as such, can't really get into a solid debate until I feel better.

Peace.
    In all fairness, these days Marvel editorial just loves smashing exotic cultures. Asgard, Attilan, Atlantis, K'un L'un, Olympia (home of the Eternals)... all in ruins. Wakanda is by no means unique in this.

I hope you feel better, Brother Maj.

The only reason other BPs have cleaner records on their resume than T'Challa (including Shuri if we want to absolve her of the ish that happened under her rule), is because they're not the main character of the mytho, nor popular enough for writers to continually write about or include in big events. <-- to which they'd prob get fukked over anyway. i.e. Hickman's handling of Shuri.

Put another way: Either Wakanda deals with trials, tribulations and triumph with T'Challa... or they get very few to no stories told before gathering dust on the shelf due to lack of writer interest. Or they inevitably get obliterated and conquered by Dr. Doom or the Black Order either off panel or in tragic display with the reigning BP quitting on their people via noble suicide (or something equally disappointing)... with no redemption or restoration outside of a white savior stepping in... bc there is no longer a black lead with enough character protection/popularity/writer's respect to salvage anything.

T'Challa is GOAT BP bc altho he has some of the lowest lows, he also has a ton of the highest highs.. this is due to his popularity and status as the modern BP in an era where Galactus, Dr. Doom, Thanos, Kang, Korvus, etc will always be causing extinction level events. And the more mainstream popular T'Challa becomes, the more he will be used in these events, and in the greater sandbox.

It's like in Infinity War where it was under T'Chadwick's watch that MCU Wakanda had to fight off extinction against an invading alien force. But I mean, before T'Chadwick, we had no MCU Wakanda... Is that fair? Life ain't fair so that's whatever too lol.

But that's why i started the #itsT'Challa'sfault catch phrase years ago, long before i knew about hashtags. If we just acknowledge that its his fault, before we even know how the story ends, we're pretty much covering all our bases.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    "How I Met Your Zanda"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The only reason other BPs have cleaner records on their resume than T'Challa (including Shuri if we want to absolve her of the ish that happened under her rule), is because they're not the main character of the mytho, nor popular enough for writers to continually write about or include in big events. <-- to which they'd prob get fukked over anyway. i.e. Hickman's handling of Shuri.

Put another way: Either Wakanda deals with trials, tribulations and triumph with T'Challa... or they get very few to no stories told before gathering dust on the shelf due to lack of writer interest. Or they inevitably get obliterated and conquered by Dr. Doom or the Black Order either off panel or in tragic display with the reigning BP quitting on their people via noble suicide (or something equally disappointing)... with no redemption or restoration outside of a white savior stepping in... bc there is no longer a black lead with enough character protection/popularity/writer's respect to salvage anything.

T'Challa is GOAT BP bc altho he has some of the lowest lows, he also has a ton of the highest highs.. this is due to his popularity and status as the modern BP in an era where Galactus, Dr. Doom, Thanos, Kang, Korvus, etc will always be causing extinction level events. And the more mainstream popular T'Challa becomes, the more he will be used in these events, and in the greater sandbox.

It's like in Infinity War where it was under T'Chadwick's watch that MCU Wakanda had to fight off extinction against an invading alien force. But I mean, before T'Chadwick, we had no MCU Wakanda... Is that fair? Life ain't fair so that's whatever too lol.

But that's why i started the #itsT'Challa'sfault catch phrase years ago, long before i knew about hashtags. If we just acknowledge that its his fault, before we even know how the story ends, we're pretty much covering all our bases.
    If we gotta sacrifice Wakandans to see T'challa weild the infinity gauntlet and then bring them all back... is that a bad thing?

I know where I stand (team #theyarejustredshirts #sacrificethemforfeats).

That was the problem with IW from a BP fan perspective... all that redshirt sacrifice with no feats

Redjack, are you a Cap fan or did he just naturally fit the story you wanted to tell with BP?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If we gotta sacrifice Wakandans to see T'challa weild the infinity gauntlet and then bring them all back... is that a bad thing?

I know where I stand (team #theyarejustredshirts #sacrificethemforfeats).

That was the problem with IW from a BP fan perspective... all that redshirt sacrifice with no feats

Redjack, are you a Cap fan or did he just naturally fit the story you wanted to tell with BP?
    Cap's my favorite Marvel character after the Prowler.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Cap's my favorite Marvel character after the Prowler.
    After the Prowler? Nice! The Prowler is a goldmine of potential. Wondering what your ideas would be for him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is that some variant of Plantman?