Page 135 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I didn't keep up with Secret Empire all that well, but I think I remember some panels in which Ant-Man went to Wakanda to ask BP for a Cosmic Cube shard, and BP refused to give it up because "Finders, keepers; Losers, weepers" and the whole "f*ck the rest of the world" thing. Which, to me seemed really out of character and it just read like someone writing T'Challa and having a complete misunderstanding of his character. And then Wakanda got invaded and he got captured a few issues later.

The whole thing was dumb (and really, that event was stupid the moment it became an event). I've seen a few people say in response to the ending of the MCU film that T'Challa is most interesting when he's telling the rest of the world to f*ck off, but that to me has always felt like a Namor/Doom/Magneto thing, and not T'Challa. He doesn't ask for help because he knows he and his nation are capable, but at the same time he knows Wakanda is a target because of what they are so he is wary of outsiders (except a select few he trusts).

Hope you feel better soon mate.
    I don't think T'Challa's perspective was really that bad. He didn't want to hand the cube over to his buddies, but in fairness he was able to sucessfully repell Hydra multiple times. So he had justifiable reason to believe the cube fragment was safer in Wakanda than with the other heroes. Both Stark and T'Challa ended up losing their fragments to Hydra, so in a way it didn't matter... aside from maybe T'Challa handing it over would have spared Wakanda an invasion.

I didn't keep up with Secret Empire all that well, but I think I remember some panels in which Ant-Man went to Wakanda to ask BP for a Cosmic Cube shard, and BP refused to give it up because "Finders, keepers; Losers, weepers" and the whole "f*ck the rest of the world" thing. Which, to me seemed really out of character and it just read like someone writing T'Challa and having a complete misunderstanding of his character. And then Wakanda got invaded and he got captured a few issues later.
    He refused because he blamed Stark and Co for part of the mess and didn't trust them fully.

He also offered them to bring the remaining fragments to Wakanda to fix it. Which made more sense... avengers group was a rag tag group on the run. Wakanda was fortified

He was willing to help, he just wasn't willing to hand over their fragment and do exaclty what ghost Stark wanted

(these Avengers also had a spy in their camp so... he was kinda right)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The whole thing was dumb (and really, that event was stupid the moment it became an event). I've seen a few people say in response to the ending of the MCU film that T'Challa is most interesting when he's telling the rest of the world to f*ck off, but that to me has always felt like a Namor/Doom/Magneto thing, and not T'Challa. He doesn't ask for help because he knows he and his nation are capable, but at the same time he knows Wakanda is a target because of what they are so he is wary of outsiders (except a select few he trusts).

Hope you feel better soon mate.
    Yeah when people have the mindset that Tchalla says F the world, it shows they don't get him. Tchalla at the worst, will simply use others to achieve his goals, but he isn't a f off type. You would be wise to assume there is more going on than what you see at the surface, but he does care what happens to the rest of the world.

He acted the way I'd expect Hickman's Shuri to act. And even then, given the enormity of the situation at hand that may still have been a push for her.

The behavior made no sense for T'Challa given that he was just coming off the Ultimates and his Illuminati run; not to mention he, Tony Stark, and Bruce Banner were still working together post-SW to stop sinking tankers off the coast of Afrika (Cho-Hulk book). He was very much involved in international and intergalactic peace-keeping activities. Hydra overthrowing all governments, half of earth's heroes stranded in space to face swarms of intergalactic space armies targeting Earth, and an arm's race to collect cosmic cube particles happening between Hydra and what's left of Earth's decimated heroes... and T'Challa ain't gonna do nothing?

That's just bad writing.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He refused because he blamed Stark and Co for part of the mess and didn't trust them fully.

He also offered them to bring the remaining fragments to Wakanda to fix it. Which made more sense... avengers group was a rag tag group on the run. Wakanda was fortified

He was willing to help, he just wasn't willing to hand over their fragment and do exaclty what ghost Stark wanted

(these Avengers also had a spy in their camp so... he was kinda right)
    Maaaan this nygga T'Challa was chillin playin Fortnite while the world was going to **** lol

That was the problem. No iteration immediately before or immediately after this T'Challa would act that way.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Maaaan this nygga T'Challa was chillin playin Fortnite while the world was going to **** lol

That was the problem. No iteration immediately before or immediately after this T'Challa would act that way.
    Thta part is true. No blame for not juts giving up the cube fragment to rag tag avengers but... sitting around doing nothing and just waiting for hydra to attack wasn't in character. He would have been trying to get the cube fragments himself.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Thta part is true. No blame for not juts giving up the cube fragment to rag tag avengers but... sitting around doing nothing and just waiting for hydra to attack wasn't in character. He would have been trying to get the cube fragments himself.
    Yup. Nor is BP gonna just let Hydra build a "wall" around Earth to kill off all his former Ultimate teammates/every other Avenger in the outer atmosphere. There's actually no reason for that rag tag avengers team not to be working together with or for BP to get them fragments.. but Spencer wanted Clint to be the leader and having BP and the Wakandans involved wouldn't help with the complete dire narrative he was going for..
    Black Panther vs Thor

Does anyone remember if the "Mother" history stuff was pre-meteor? and if so, was it still "wakanda" or was it just an oral history of that region of Africa at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Just letting you guys know that due to health and personal issues I'm dealing with at the moment, I won't be posting for awhile.

Peace.
    Best wishes Maj.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Tchalla at the worst, will simply use others to achieve his goals, but he isn't a f off type. You would be wise to assume there is more going on than what you see at the surface
    Hydra overthrowing all governments, half of earth's heroes stranded in space to face swarms of intergalactic space armies targeting Earth, and an arm's race to collect cosmic cube particles happening between Hydra and what's left of Earth's decimated heroes... and T'Challa ain't gonna do nothing?

That's just bad writing.
    Yea, at the very least T'Challa should have been trying to solve the problem his own way, maybe even in secret because that's the only way it would have worked or something like that. Have him be a guy playing a game of chess with Nazi Cap but he didn't even know it because nobody knew it either.

I mean that panel would have worked if later on Wakanda fending off the attack and we had a semblance of a plan being established. But I have no idea. What happened after T'Challa was captured? Did he become involved in the story?

Yea, at the very least T'Challa should have been trying to solve the problem his own way, maybe even in secret because that's the only way it would have worked or something like that. Have him be a guy playing a game of chess with Nazi Cap but he didn't even know it because nobody knew it either.

I mean that panel would have worked if later on Wakanda fending off the attack and we had a semblance of a plan being established. But I have no idea. What happened after T'Challa was captured? Did he become involved in the story?
    He gave up the cube fragment to prevent the soldiers from killing each other (they were controlled by Faustus and Zenzi was there as arm candy for nazis)

T'challa was captured and taken to hydra HQ to be executed

Zemo took him somewhere, bucky showed up to figt Zemo, Zemo is about ot kill Bucky, T'challa smashes Zemo

tchalla goes to find stevil, he sees Stevil formscosmic cube into armor, T'chlala tells everyone to GTFO run away lol

Weirdly spencer kinda nailed the "cocky t'challa" voice but missed everything else
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-16-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Yup. Nor is BP gonna just let Hydra build a "wall" around Earth to kill off all his former Ultimate teammates/every other Avenger in the outer atmosphere. There's actually no reason for that rag tag avengers team not to be working together with or for BP to get them fragments.. but Spencer wanted Clint to be the leader and having BP and the Wakandans involved wouldn't help with the complete dire narrative he was going for..
    This, plus the other thing is Spencer was trying to go for this whole Doom and gloom, then have Tchalla punk Steve in his own book by telling him to come to Wakanda instead of sending goons to be slaughtered. That, in the SE story, should of been turning point i which the rest of the world sees Wakanda openly resisting stevil and inspiring the resistance. We should've seen Wakanda taking on Hydra I. The final fight, helping the heroes push through, and Tchalla leading that charge. That would of been a better use of T'Challa and made a hell of a lot more sense. Especially because again, Faustus got this random, unexplained power boost that came out of left field and was never seen again, then in the end he gets one shot in a lame ass panel where one person resists his power. It just insults BP and Wakanda honestly.

This, plus the other thing is Spencer was trying to go for this whole Doom and gloom, then have Tchalla punk Steve in his own book by telling him to come to Wakanda instead of sending goons to be slaughtered. That, in the SE story, should of been turning point i which the rest of the world sees Wakanda openly resisting stevil and inspiring the resistance. We should've seen Wakanda taking on Hydra I. The final fight, helping the heroes push through, and Tchalla leading that charge. That would of been a better use of T'Challa and made a hell of a lot more sense. Especially because again, Faustus got this random, unexplained power boost that came out of left field and was never seen again, then in the end he gets one shot in a lame ass panel where one person resists his power. It just insults BP and Wakanda honestly.
    I think Sam got to be the guy who created the turning point against Hydra by rallying everyone together because it was more a Captain America story rather than a Black Panther story. Given this was Sam's last harrah as Captain America before surrendering the mantle, he probably deserved it too. The poor guy had a rough run as Cap, so I think Spencer sort of owed it to him.

This is never elaborated on because Black Panther never got his own tie in... but I think based on what he said to Steve after the second failed attack from Hydra that the plan was to lure Steve in and have their battle take place in Wakanda on his turf. He was asking Steve to come himself, so I think it was an attempt at getting Steve to bring the fight to T'Challa rather than the other way around. Course, that's just my head canon... but going by what T'Challa said, it's what I think he was planning.

All the powerful telepaths in the Marvel Universe and T'challa and Wakanda get taken down by Faustus

I mean ****, at leats bring the Shadow King back or Xavier's twin lol. Bast have mercy

I still remember the build up... we were kinda hype in here. Wakanda has a fragment, T'challa was done taken ****, dude was outright challenging Stevil while everyone else capitulated to him... including arrogant ass Namor.

punked by Faustus

Good times

(and we lost Zenzi to a Nazi group. I mean, Bast please make it stop. )